Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[HoF Normal] Question(s) about Empress

We spent 3 hours on her, experimented on few things, few things still need to sorted/corrected, but I do have few questions.

Last nights setup:

guardian/prot pala
    rdruid/hpala/rshaman/mw
    dps war/rogue/hunter/spriest

As possible we can choose from

2x rdruid (1 decent, other not so), 1x rshaman, 1x hpala (not available most cases), 1x mw
    2x dps war, 1 rogue, 1 hunter, 1 mage (bad attendance), 2x spriest, 1 retri w/ holy OS (can go healer, which gives us a hpala), 1 lock
    But as with our guild getting all the best people online at same time could be bit iffy.

We tried the fight with 3 healers, but it was just too much for the monk, druid and shaman. So we switched to 4, having the pala go heal. I know that 4 healers will make the phases last possible longer and we could hit enrage, but for practice purposes and seeing how far we can get, seems viable. If we hit enrage, we drop a healer. But with 4 healers felt that things was more under control.

In phase 2 we tried that I (guardian) and prot. pala took the adds as they spawned, with both of us having 1 reaver and 3 Blades. This didn't work out as the paladin got absolutely murdered by the adds and died. Someone else knockback/slows helped, but not much. So we split the mobs up. I took the Blades, he got the Reavers. In the start I just pop my Barkskin+Survival Instics, typhoon+ursual vortex and try to put some distance between me and the Blades, but it doesn't work out that well. After that Might of Ursok and it still in most cases is not enough.

I had mw healing me, but he said that his mistthing was gone before p2 and that he could only help me out with life cocoon, but he said that if he even blinks, I'm dead.

We BL in p1 on pull to get to phase 3 and see what happens there and hoe intensive the healing is. As w/o BL on our longest attempt we got 2 phase 2's. But with 4 healers unfortunately even with BL, we still seem to probably get 2 phase 2's as the boss needs to prolly around 60% when p1 ends.

That brings me to few questions:
    1) Which of the healers should heal me - druid, paladin, shaman, monk? Or should I have 2 healers focusing on me and the other one paladin and raid?
    2) Should I change anything in my gear or talents to survive better?
    -> http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced
    -> http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oc2zagtincqiglzr/
    3) Or should the paladin take the Blades and I the Reavers?
    4) Would priest lifegrip on tank with Blades help? Or just put the priest in danger of getting killed?
    5) is it a good idea, if we have the chance to have 2 DPS warriors, as their knockback works wonders on Blades? I know this means that we have to go with 3 healers.
    6) who are the best healers for this fight from the following selection: rdruid, rshaman, hpala, mw? One of our rdruid is not that good (the best healer of ours is on vacation :'( ) and aware (our GM says that she is more a "static healer").
    7) how can the healers improve?

I know that having 4 healers in this fight is a healer issue, but since we miss our best healer for this week, we have to manage somehow. We are single targeting the Blades down so they would go faster. As I know that if at least 2 Blades are dead typhoon CD is more then enough to stay alive nicely.

We are/will be working on:
    1) better CD usage for healers
    2) we will try to stack next time to have all the Blades/Reavers together and then one tank aggros all, while the other picks the Blades up (but I don't know how this works out, as 3 adds hit hard, all 6 together...). Why we plan to do it like this? As picking the Blades up from healers before fixiating or just getting off them from other tank is bit hard and leads to more unnecessary damage to other tank and possible the raid.
    3) working on not trapping the bloody Blades in a trap x_x
    4) and most definetely people have to be more aware of the Blades and use their slows/stuns to help tank out.
    5) also getting the Blades down even faster

All in all we need to sort few things out and healers need to up their game. As on our longer attempt druid was OOM, while shaman and mw had the mana.

Didn't read everything but that's how we do P2:

If the adds spawn mark one add from every side to be focussed. We don't swap arround any adds. One tank per side takes all adds. Tanks + healers pull all their single target CDs. Assign 3 DPS to the side with the weaker tank and 2 DPS to the other side. If you get down below 65% in P1 easily you can also safe damage CDs to really nuke one add down as fast as possible (we have to do damage stop in the second P1 so the pools explode before we enter P3). We create 2 traps so it's necessary to keep one of the small adds up till you have 2 traps. Pull the first big add into a trap as soon as it stands. Create second trap meanwhile (this is really easy going and gives your healers time to breathe). You do have a lot of time here so don't worry about the boss. The boss will respawn as soon as you kill the last small add.

Last: 3 Healers is fine. You can pop a raid CD one of the two pools explodes, that should be enough.

Deleted
    I know you don't want to hear it, but: I think you should def. do it with 3 healers. Never heard of 4 healers. Practice purpose should be, the 3 healers learn how to deal with the incoming damage.

Tank gets murder by the adds:
    - CD rotation by himself and healers?
    - Assign 2 healers on him, 1 to the other tank
    - Bloodlust in add phase, so you can down the little annoying adds faster
    - use 3 healers

Is it possible a shadow going disc? Disc lovely there with SS.

For healers...
    - Somebody has to announce when one of the yellow bubbles is going to explode (about 10 sec before)
    - Make an cd arrangement for the explosions

Don't stack ALL adds together, just do 2 even groups or split reavers and blades. You can kite reavers, blades are aoed. And yes, trap the reavers ;-)

You should be fine having each tank with 1 reaver and 3 windblades. Make sure your DPS are focus targetting one windblade at a time and not kiting into the tanks/packs of adds. Use the majority of your CD's when you spike with multiple stacks of the debuff on the adds you're tanking. Keep interrupts on dispatch to minimize random damage.

Looking through some of your death logs, many times it seems that your reavers and windblades have their attacks lined up (which happens when you stun all 3 windblades at the same time) This shouldn't really be an issue because they're hitting for around 40k, which is only 120k if all 3 hit, but it's something you can micromanage.

--------

Looking through your longest attempt your tanks died last, but your early deaths included:

Cry of terror (Stack cry of terror in the low dissonance field with a bubble)
    Melee swings (Tanks need to get to the adds before 3 melee die, or the melee need to kite better, whichever happened)
    Dissonance field (If you're low, get out of the field so you can get healed...)

if there's anything I missed or you have any questions just lmk

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the feedback.

@reflection - we have decided to leave 1-2 blades up, once all other blades are dead. In the meanwhile we build 2 traps. And once 2 traps are done, killing last of the blades and trapping both Reavers. By doing this no Blade will go attack the trapped Reaver.

@samsine - I know very well that we need the max. amount of 3 healers. But well, to make people "see" the phases and experience them 4 seems like a decent choice. Though I will insist on going with just 3 for the healers to get used with the damage (I know we can 3 heal it w/o a problem when the other resto druid is back).

Unfortunately spriest has 2 shadow specs (pve and pvp), so we can't pull out a disc. The other priest we have is shadow/holy.

Tanks use their own CD when adds come, then healer(s) start helping out, once we call out out of CDs. But as I said monk struggled to heal me when I had all the Blades. When few were dead things got lee hairy. But the adds running amok before being fixiated on someone, should be a no issue, if we all stack, I collect all the adds and other tank takes Reavers away from me. But well I have to see how that works out...

One other thing why we went with 1 tank on blades other on reavers was the fact that ppl keep getting hit with the frontal cone of reavers, while we kited the blades+reaver around.

Anything I can change on my gear? More mastery=armor for passive mitigiation? As I know that I do not have enough rage to keep SD up, just use FR when ever I can.

We did have mw calling it out and even saying that get the fuck out of the field when low health/explosion inc. But I agree that they need to set up a CD rotation (like we had on Windlord).

@Scoobydew - I do typhoon -> ursual vortex and I know that warrior used his knockback as well. But I could just do Vortex which will be followed by Typhoon. But again something we need to work on the knocking and slowing the adds. But I Typhoon the adds to get them away from me, though it seems pointless as it gives me 1-2 sec breathing room only, as those seem to move fast. Maybe I just should start with vortex and then do typhoon when few adds are down.

The things you pointed out are correct.
    On some pulls people
    a) got to the field what was not suppose to be detonated first, but in the end we brought the "did I had to go to other field" down to minimum. And well people forgetting to get out of the field when they are low or explosion is inc. Again something we need to improve and I'm aware of that.

b) yes, I messed up by picking the adds up. As I couldn't get initial aggro fast enough. If we just would go with 3+1 on each tank, the aggro and loose adds shouldn't be that much of a problem. And well I saw some people getting too close to Blades when they were kiting. But our healers said that focusing on one tank which needs more healing is easier, then 2 tanks which take the same amount of damage. But again we can try things here.

c) cry of terror on one occasion happened when the fields were gone as there was no place to "load" the debuff. And there was some confusion on which pool to pick.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-02-06 at 08:22 AM.

Have the prot pala think of his CD's when he takes the adds. With a bit of practice its very managable.
    GOAK to open
    Refresh sacred shield when vengeance spikes
    Holy avenger after that with sotr spam

The above is about 30 seconds of more than 50% reduced damage, if you don't have at least one add dead then its not his fault hes dieing. As has been said, choose one add each side and focus it hard. They empower each other so get em dead quickly.

4 healers seems nuts. The damage is moderate and the heavy damage phases are predictable. I think your healers need to plan CD's or assignments better. We always call out when dissonance fields are a few seconds away from exploding so the healers don't shit themselves and spamheal when bars start dropping.

As to "how far we get on the fight" - With decent damage you should have one "intermission" phase with adds. I'd imagine 4 healers will give you 2 for sure and prolong the last phase which would be ouchie.

10+ Year Old Account
    My co-tank said that
    This shouldn't really be an issue because they're hitting for around 40k, which is only 120k if all 3 hit, but it's something you can micromanage.
    This damage cannot be true as it probably won't take account the buff "Band of Valor" which gives 30% extra dmg is all adds are together, so the damage should ramp up bit more. Paladin said that 270-300k from all 3 blades + reaver dmage if they are together and share band of valor buff.

If we go with tanks keeping the mob packs as they are, then if we kite the packs around and DPS/healer get into the frontal cone of reaver, then they can blame only themselves? As having the reavers stationary will limit people running in front of them.

When we 3 healed, we couldn't get the boss to 65%, not even that close (afaik) by the end of first phase 1. Again more pewpew from DPS is needed I guess.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 10:46 AM ----------

Well after bit thinking combining few ideas this even could work for us in p2:
    Each tank takes 1+3 adds.
    BL when adds are picked up.
    All Blades on prot. pala will be killed+1 on me, he picks the reaver off from me. Leaving me with just 2-3 Blades.

BL will help healers to keep tanks up and DPS nuke the Blade. And when both Reavers are together, DPS getting hit by their frontal cone should be an issue, it would if they would be kited. And the damage on me should be smaller...
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-02-06 at 08:47 AM.

It's not 30%, its 30% per add. 3 together do 90% more damage.

See it like this.
    If the base damage is 100 per add then 3 together do 190*3 ie 570 dmg (5.7 times what you'd have from 1 add)
    2 do 2*160 = 320dmg
    1 gets no buff so he does 100 dmg.

I'm not sure if I did the maths quite right but the principle is there. 3 adds together and you will take 5-6 times the damage you do from 1. Thats why its crucial you kill one each side asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't post it clearly enough, . And yes, the calculation was roughly made with (not by me ofc as I fail at math x_x) 40k base damage per windblade with 30% extra damage per blade. So we know that all of them together is a very-very bad idea, if they don't die fast enough. And it was just to reply to Scoobydew as his dmg numbers were to small... Just sayin'
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-02-06 at 11:09 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    We also split adds with reavers on DK and Wind Blades on warrior.
    If you have trouble with damage, you might want to line up some aoe stuns between your defensive cooldowns - you have warriors, and hunter can use Binding Shot. I think Ring of Frost might work? Not sure.
    But main thing, you need to burst down 2 adds ASAP, then damage should be doable.

It should also be possible to have equal split and burst down 1 add on pala first, then one add on you. Tell paladin to hold 5 Holy Power for that, and also stun adds on him.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Kill 1-2 blades ASAP at the start of phase2, and make sure no one is kiting adds into one of the tank groups. The difference between tanking 4 adds and 3 adds is huge. All tank cooldowns should be up for the start of phase2 (as well as any buffs/resources you can store in the empress phase), so you should be able to survive with proper use until the adds start focusing on people and you kill a few of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    we have decided to leave 1-2 blades up, once all other blades are dead. In the meanwhile we build 2 traps. And once 2 traps are done, killing last of the blades and trapping both Reavers. By doing this no Blade will go attack the trapped Reaver.
    You WANT the Windblades to attack the Reaver trap. If they're attacking the trap, they're not attacking tanks and healers can regen mana. What we do on heroic is wait until two Windblades are dead and the third one dying and then we trap the first Reaver. If you chain some stuns and knockbacks on the remaining Windblades, there's no chance they're going to break the trap before the Reaver in it dies. By that time the other trap should be ready or almost ready so you can trap the other Reaver and just wait until the boss is almost back, then kill any remaining Windblades.

Kiting adds around to reduce tank damage taken can work, but shouldn't be necessary and it WILL mean that the adds will die more slowly - tanks can do crazy amounts of damage to them because of high vengeance.
    Do have the prot pala chain cooldowns the way Deja Thoris said.

You do NOT want to AoE stun all the Windblades unless necessary because that will align their swing timers and the tank will likely receive a huge damage spike.

Whether the tanks take 1+3 adds each (A) or one takes both Reavers (+1 Windblade optionally) and the other the rest of the Windblades (B) is up to you:
    Option (A):
    - adds can be picked up more easily
    - both tanks get the poison buff immediately (remember that DPSers should pick this up for more DPS)
    - damage taken and done split more or less equally between tanks
    - kiting is more difficult (with the Reaver moving around there is a risk of people being hit by the frontal cone)

Option (B):
    - requires some coordination when picking up adds
    - Windblade tank takes and deals way more damage (especially with the poison buff that he can get if the other tank lets him tank a Reaver for a few seconds)
    - it's easier for melee to get killed if they get fixated (Windblades deal more damage)
    - AoE stuns are very dangerous and should always be avoided

As for dissonance fields, just make sure the person with Cry of Terror only goes out of the field for 1-2 seconds when they're around 50 % health, gets healed, goes back in. If there's anybody standing in a field when it's exploding, they need to be topped/use a cooldown/have a HoP on them.

Just regarding your issue with P2 this is what my group did. We had a DK and a bear with the bear being the weaker tank. Our healers were a shammy, holy priest and a hpally. Shammy and priest focused bear, hpally focused DK. Each tank would take an entire side. DK would pop CDs and when they were running out he would start kiting, when he did I (boomkin) would vortex the adds and then typhoon them. By this time the other side would have 1 and almost 2 adds dead. Once 2 adds were dead, the bear would taunt one of the reavers from the DK and then it was easy, we just worked on traps.

We spent 3 hours on her, experimented on few things, few things still need to sorted/corrected, but I do have few questions.
    That brings me to few questions:
    1) Which of the healers should heal me - druid, paladin, shaman, monk? Or should I have 2 healers focusing on me and the other one paladin and raid?
    2) Should I change anything in my gear or talents to survive better?
    -> http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced
    -> http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oc2zagtincqiglzr/
    3) Or should the paladin take the Blades and I the Reavers?
    4) Would priest lifegrip on tank with Blades help? Or just put the priest in danger of getting killed?
    5) is it a good idea, if we have the chance to have 2 DPS warriors, as their knockback works wonders on Blades? I know this means that we have to go with 3 healers.
    6) who are the best healers for this fight from the following selection: rdruid, rshaman, hpala, mw? One of our rdruid is not that good (the best healer of ours is on vacation :'( ) and aware (our GM says that she is more a "static healer").
    7) how can the healers improve?

I know that having 4 healers in this fight is a healer issue, but since we miss our best healer for this week, we have to manage somehow. We are single targeting the Blades down so they would go faster. As I know that if at least 2 Blades are dead typhoon CD is more then enough to stay alive nicely.

We are/will be working on:
    1) better CD usage for healers
    2) we will try to stack next time to have all the Blades/Reavers together and then one tank aggros all, while the other picks the Blades up (but I don't know how this works out, as 3 adds hit hard, all 6 together...). Why we plan to do it like this? As picking the Blades up from healers before fixiating or just getting off them from other tank is bit hard and leads to more unnecessary damage to other tank and possible the raid.
    3) working on not trapping the bloody Blades in a trap x_x
    4) and most definetely people have to be more aware of the Blades and use their slows/stuns to help tank out.
    5) also getting the Blades down even faster

All in all we need to sort few things out and healers need to up their game. As on our longer attempt druid was OOM, while shaman and mw had the mana.
    1.) We have a similar tank setup, but we three heal this fight. We could probaby get away with two-healing it nowadays. I would suggest putting the paladin on you with beacon on your off tank. The paladin alone should be more than enough to keep you alive, if not he is not doing it right.
    2.) You're setup (almost) exactly like our druid. I don't see how you can be the problem.
    3.) We experimented with this, we found that keeping left on left and right on right side to be the cleanest.
    4.) I think it would be more effective to make your raid interupt.
    5.) There is no reason the fight cannot be 3 healed.
    6.) We use a Disc. Priest, Holy Paladin and Resto shaman.
    7.) Cataclysm taught a lot of healers bad habits. Tell them to STOP reactively healing and START premtively healing. This is very important.

It is indeed a healing issue if you're cycling cooldowns proper. We single target the Blades, too. This works well. You can have your DPS ehlp you interupt the Blades as well.

1.) Hand of Sacrifice on you will work wonders.
    2.) Don't stack - this is a bad idea and will increase the damage that you take. From one raid lead to another - this is a bad idea.
    3.) To fix this, kill ALL of the Blades on one tank and then drag the big add into the trap. After the add is trapped, have the tank with nothing to do shred off a blade or two. Depending on how good your DPS is you may have to WAIT to DPS the remaining blades to get enough pools to make the next trap.
    4.) Interupts. Their melee attack hurts, but their channel hurts more.
    5.) That never hurts.

I hope this helps. I can't suggest strongly enough against stacking them all. The more that are grouped up the more damage they do. Check your dungeon journal. If your healers are having trouble keeping you up now, they will never keep you up if they are all stacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is even more good advice here to try out. TY. We will go with 3 healers (had a chat with our mw), but I cannot guarantee a hpala along....

But I got another question, if you say that a Reaver should be trapped when 3-4 adds are dead (I do prefer that one add on me dies as well).... How long will it take for 1-3 Blades break the trap? Is the time Reaver spends in a trap before he is broken out enough to kill it fast? What worries me a bit with trapping the Reaver early is that can our DPS kill the Reaver if the trap breaks or not.

I do agree that doing as suggested post above is a good thing to try out and we was planning to try something along in line of, kill adds on one tank, tank w/o adds take both Reavers and traps them when 2 traps are up. But again, comes down to trying.

Usually for us the tactics that are put together from several sources and then modified even more work the best
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-02-06 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    The trap itself will kill the trapped Reaver, you can completely ignore it. Just kill another Windblade in the meantime and keep knocking them back and stunning them (and interrupting Dispatches of course).

Edit: to clarify, the trap deals 5 % of the add's health every 2 seconds until the add is dead or the trap destroyed, so as long as the Windblades don't manage to destroy the trap, any damage done to the Reaver by the raid is completely wasted.

Edit 2: Also when we first killed the boss we didn't even realize we could just wait for a second trap (yeah -_-) so we killed all the Windblades too fast, there wasn't enough Resin and we had to kill the other Reaver from 100 % to zero. So that also works but I don't really recommend it .

Anyways, 3 or fewer Windblades really don't have a chance to kill the trap before the Reaver dies in it if you stun them and knock them back at least a bit, and keeping both Reavers untrapped for an extended amount of time just increases the damage they do to the raid and has no benefit at all (unless you want the achievement).
    Last edited by mmoc1b860e022a; 2013-02-06 at 03:18 PM.

There is even more good advice here to try out. TY. We will go with 3 healers (had a chat with our mw), but I cannot guarantee a hpala along....

But I got another question, if you say that a Reaver should be trapped when 3-4 adds are dead (I do prefer that one add on me dies as well).... How long will it take for 1-3 Blades break the trap? Is the time Reaver spends in a trap before he is broken out enough to kill it fast? What worries me a bit with trapping the Reaver early is that can our DPS kill the Reaver if the trap breaks or not.

I do agree that doing as suggested post above is a good thing to try out and we was planning to try something along in line of, kill adds on one tank, tank w/o adds take both Reavers and traps them when 2 traps are up. But again, comes down to trying.

Usually for us the tactics that are put together from several sources and then modified even more work the best
    Our guild usually has 2 Blades up when we trap our first Reaver. In our experience, two blades cannot break the trap before the Reaver dies. We do stun them and interrupt their Dispatch ability, but other than that we essentially ignore them while we wait for additional Resin to appear to create the second trap.

Your idea for killing all Blades on one tank with the same tank picking up a second reaver will work fine. He should only have the second reaver on him for 10-20 seconds while the trap is being constructed. I don't see a reason as to why this won't work. It's basically the same thing we do, but we transfer all of the remaining blades to one tank instead of the reaver. This allows "Free" tank to run around and stack the poison debuff on the raid in preparation for her next advance. (We actually have killed this for three weeks in a row with only one retreat using 5 dps players.)

We 2 1/2-heal the fight (our holy priest does atonement dps, he's pretty decent).

We were having problems with me (pally tank) being wrecked in phase 2 as well. Our DK pops Army of the Dead on his side and that keeps the windblades busy for long enough for his half of the dps to focus one of them down. For my side, our hunter goes through his stable (before the fight) and turns growl on for all his nonactive pets, then he stampedes one of the windblades as it's coming out. I take the other 2 and the big guy. Once the stampede is over he's pretty close to dead and usually one of the others is fixating on someone by that point.

We absolutely don't want to do two iterations of phase 2, since we won't have army or stampede for a hypothetical second one. We usually ended up lusting somewhere during the second phase 1 in order to push her over. Nowadays our dps is better and we don't have to, but that's been our benchmark.

The most obvious thing to me is that you really can't 4-heal this fight. I realize you're trying to learn the fight and 4-healing seems like the way to go, but doing that means windblade adds are alive much longer in P2, which means you're going to run out of cd's as the tank (which you noticed) and healers are going to drain themselves keeping you alive for so long.

For reference, here's our setup and strat.

Group:
    holy pally (me), resto shammy, disc priest
    blood dk, prot warrior
    fury warrior, balance druid, 2x hunters (not sure on spec), frost dk

Phase 1:
    Dissonance Fields - be sure to call out one field that is going to be the first to go. Make sure cry of terror always goes to this field. Have a dps assigned to enter the field and add some damage to speed it up and seperate the detonation timing further.

For sonic discharge, we do a cd rotation for each of the 4 explosions. Typically its something like Healing Tide (1), Spirit Shell (2), Holy Avenger + Tranquility (3), Ascendance + Rally Cry (4). As long as the explosions are seperated by 10 seconds or so, you shouldn't have a problem. If they're going to be closer, call for the raid to use personal cd's.

Phase 2:
    As soon as the adds come out each tank picks up a group on one side of the room. 1 person is in charge of marking a kill order. 1 add on right side, then all 3 adds on left side, then 1 more on the right side before trapping the 2 reavers while the final add is killed. The big key here is to focus-fire 1 windblade at a time since each one to die greatly reduces damage to the tanks. Knockbacks can also help if coupled with snares to help reduce tank damage.

While this is happening, use any hard cc you can on the adds. Hungering cold, shockwave and capacitor totem are all amazing for this, as well as any single target stuns.

Healing phase 2 we assign holy pally and resto shammy to each heal a tank while our priest covers the raid, mostly with atonement while dropping shields and pain suppression on the tanks. The biggest help to healing is coordinating cd's to chain them for as long as possible, with more powerful cd's used early on and weaker ones used after some adds have been killed.

Phase 3 is a nuke and pray. Healers are already going to be pretty mana starved, so anything you can do to reduce their mana useage such as health stones, personal cd's, etc. is going to be a big help. Also, things like tremor totem are amazing in this phase because you can save healers the mana cost of dispelling fears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    The most obvious thing to me is that you really can't 4-heal this fight. I realize you're trying to learn the fight and 4-healing seems like the way to go, but doing that means windblade adds are alive much longer in P2, which means you're going to run out of cd's as the tank (which you noticed) and healers are going to drain themselves keeping you alive for so long.
    Sorry, but that's just not true. You certainly CAN 4-heal Empress, and on 10-man heroic that was pretty much the only possible way to do it pre-nerf, and even now most guilds still use 4 healers for at least their first heroic kill. If the DPSers+the tank can't kill at least one add in the ~30 secs it takes for healing and tank cooldowns to drop, then it's a skill issue, unless you're trying to do it in blue gear. 4 healers make it safer and berserk timer shouldn't be an issue, but of course I do agree that on normal it's quite redundant.

Also, I repeat, AoE stuns are not amazing here, they're dangerous. You exchange 3-5 seconds of no damage for a potentially huge spike of damage that can oneshot the tank if you're unlucky with dodges/parries/blocks. Single target stuns are alright and AoE stunning is possible when a few adds have been killed, but I strongly advise against using that when you're tanking 5-6 adds.

Tremors in last phase are good, yeah; you should also communicate who's dispelling who so you don't end up dispelling the same person and having dispels on cooldown while the other guy runs away from the group and dies.