10+ Year Old Account
    Bed time! Night everypony!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    Maybe when you don't have anything to do for a while. But I have school and stuff.

Anyway good night.
    I have school as well, I just purposely live on 4 hours or so of sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Like what?
    Oh, I don't know...participating in one of the rare actually meaningful conversations we are/were having?

Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia McAzuslut View Post
    I'm pretty sure he means pointless school shit
    CAN'T. TELL. This is the Internet, if you say something ambiguous whose interpretation would normally depend on how you're saying it, then to me it's just something ambiguous and it could mean any number of things.

If you actually do need feedback now I can read it when I wake up tomorrow. I just prefer waiting for things to be done so that I can read it all through in one go.
    I don't need feedback, I have livereaders for that. I just want to know I'm not writing this for no one and essentially wanking off on paper with words, because thus far, all the indications have been pointing towards exactly that.

Like trying to engage people by asking a question. Such as which is your favourite pokeman from each gen, and then your favourite overall.
    Precisely. Propagating the thread by spamming pictures will only last as long as you keep spamming them. You post a picture, someone responds "I like/don't like", maybe they post a picture in response, the end. Meaningful/interesting conversations tend to last much longer, even if it is is "Who's your favorite Pokemon". (For the record, mine's Lucario, though I stopped keeping track of Pokemon around G2 and I only like Lucario because of Brawl and Mystery of Mew or whatever that movie's called).

I have school as well, I just purposely live on 4 hours or so of sleep.
    I get 4 hours and can barely function after about 8 hours.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Blue i could never hate your guts, you put up with me in LoL. Making bad plays and yet you stuck with me and supported for that im truly greatful <3

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    wtf is this thread about i dont understand
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Melange View Post
    Oh, I don't know...participating in one of the rare actually meaningful conversations we are/were having?
    In all honesty I have no idea what conversation is going on.

CAN'T. TELL. This is the Internet, if you say something ambiguous whose interpretation would normally depend on how you're saying it, then to me it's just something ambiguous and it could mean any number of things.

I don't need feedback, I have livereaders for that. I just want to know I'm not writing this for no one and essentially wanking off on paper with words, because thus far, all the indications have been pointing towards exactly that.

Precisely. Propagating the thread by spamming pictures will only last as long as you keep spamming them. You post a picture, someone responds "I like/don't like", maybe they post a picture in response, the end. Meaningful/interesting conversations tend to last much longer, even if it is is "Who's your favorite Pokemon". (For the record, mine's Lucario, though I stopped keeping track of Pokemon around G2 and I only like Lucario because of Brawl and Mystery of Mew or whatever that movie's called).
    I just assume based on the time in his timezone and what he usually does this time on a weekday. I pay far too much attention to what people do with their time.

Ah, okay. Well, I am definitely interested in reading it, based on what you've said about it. Remember to remind me when you finish the first arc, because I don't know otherwise.

I don't neccesarily care for "meaningful" conversations, I care for conversations that I can get involved in or enjoy reading, which almost always includes meaningful ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    wtf is this thread about i dont understand
    Reading the title of the thread might help with that.

*snip*
    Thanks for replying. It does mean a lot to me. As you called pretty easily, I've never been a person for small-talk and I've usually attributed that to my aspergers. No one cares much for long thought out theories on things which is what I'm more or less interested it.

Most of what I said was meant to boil down to: You can't really make other people happy until you yourself know said happiness. I mean, how can you give what you don't have, right?

What's sort of funny is that I've been sitting on my comic for years now, and reiterated it multiple times as well. I've finally started it after feeling it wasn't good enough in both artistic or written merit, and while it is rather cumbersome to keep going while you only have a couple people who care to look at it, as long as I know I'm doing this for my sake, it'll be worth it. It's bound to touch one person in some way, which I've learned is good enough for me:

I remember when I lived in Scotland, I had my group of friends in high school that I hung out with at the library. At some point I noticed someone who always spent his time alone during lunch. I found out that he had a mental disability that had him occasionally lash out at people when provoked. Because of this no one wanted to hang out with him. I manned up one day to talk to him, and we actually had a lot of things in common. Sure, he almost punched me a few times, but hey, that was part of what I was getting into. Eventually he joined up with my other group of friends and we all got along at the library.

The last week before I was going to move back to the states (it was sudden news, at least to me and my friends), most of my friends came over to say goodbye. Sadly, Jimmy, which was his name, wasn't able to show up and say goodbye because he lived in another town. He did, though, send a letter. To this day I've never felt so heartfelt reading something, and wish I still had that letter. It was essentially a thank you letter for all I did for him. The times I stuck up for him when even my own friends talked down to him. I touched his life in a way that I haven't done for anyone else.

I look back on that now and think, "Well, who am I to demand that I touch more than just one life? I mean, I am only one person, and would the humble thing not be to simply show people my comic and have faith that it means something to someone, rather then leave myself in a disturbed state at the lack of conformation?". I know it can suck to not really know if what you've done has meant anything, but that's part of the absurdity in life. As humans, we're rather miniscule in the scope of the universe, or even just earth. What does that make of our contributions? And better yet, why should any of this defer us from chasing the things that matter most?

As I mentioned before, it's about taking responsibility for your own happiness. Currently, it sounds to me like you're laying that responsibility on your readers, and wishing for them to bring you that joy.

You know what I'm doing to help alienate this problem? I'll soon have a nice pinkie pie plush sitting on my desk to remind me of what it means to just be happy for happiness sake. I think just having that plush there will be a very nice motivator to keep going with my comic.

Alright, I need to get to sleep, have to be up in 3 or so hours for work. Thanks again for talking, it was nice. If you want to reply, do so in a PM. I'll send this in a PM if I don't see a response tomorrow, just, because why not. :P
    Last edited by Zookz25; 2013-02-06 at 09:53 AM.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if i was a mod i would lock this thread so fast
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

I get 4 hours and can barely function after about 8 hours.
    That is EXACTLY what happens when I get 8 hours of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    I don't hate you, I just happen to not share the same interest as you. I prefer a long post with something interesting to somebody spamming emotes, and bad grammar.
    I think I know who you're referring to and I agree, their posts are pretty annoying to have filling up the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]http://cdn.derpiboo.ru/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTMvMDIvMDQvMjNfNTFfMTNfMTU1XzIzMzg2Ml9fVU5PUFRfX3NhZmVfdHdpbGlnaHRfc3BhcmtsZV 9yYWluYm93X2Rhc2hfcGlua2llX3BpZV9mbHV0dGVyc2h5X3Jhcml0eV9hcHBsZWphY2tfYW5pbWF0ZWRfY3V0aWVf bWFya19wbXZfZG9yay5naWYuZ2lmIl1d/233862__safe_twilight-sparkle_rainbow-dash_pinkie-pie_fluttershy_rarity_applejack_animated_cutie-mark_pmv-dork_51104b73a4c72dce0100057f_51104b73a4c72dce01000580.gif.gif[/IG]
    wow thats awesome

Reading the title of the thread might help with that.
    It really doesn't. Really. Like, maybe it explains the pictures we have, but the conversations are more or less unrelated.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really doesn't. Really. Like, maybe it explains the pictures we have, but the conversations are more or less unrelated.
    so we should get back to topic. Who is best pony?

That's good to know, I guess.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 04:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    so we should get back to topic. Who is best pony?
    One of them. Now back off topic. Who is best poster?

Already been done, but like a phoenix it's risen again. 12 times.

If you're interested finding out why people like the show, look up the title on youtube, if you just want to stick around and insult people, shoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Saw this thought of you Hetalia http://24.media.tumblr.com/520522190...bjx3o3_500.jpg

Not asking just linking the pic :P

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?