Thread: Pve = Pvfos

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Pve = Pvfos

Is it just me, or are blizzard handing out FoS' to the left and right for completing the most simple tasks?

"When Patch 5.2 goes live, all players who have defeated Will of the Emperor, Grand Empress Shek’zeer, and/or Sha of Fear prior to the release of Patch 5.2 will receive a Feat of Strength to mark their accomplishments."

And here we go, another one. I've never seen so many FoS for doing Pve, not even back in Wrath for the Realm Firsts. That was a Accomplishment. Not this pugable crap.

Deleted
    Who cares about easy obtainable FoS? I really do not know what you want us to discuss? There are FoS for logging in during their anniversary. They are pretty much the easiest FoS.

This is not a post about the amount of FoS.
    As you are a Feat of Strength collector. From all your Collector's edition FoS(Also a hand out Feat of Strength) but becoz you arent able to rush to complete it. You are upset and therefore QQ.

When it comes to the definition of Feat of Strength
    "Feats of Strength achievements represent the past glories of Azeroth, and as such, they are very difficult — if not impossible — to earn."
    I am happy about the new FoS... I will not get them, but to all the people that invest pain-staking hours into raiding and progression.
    Grats to them

I'm fine with those Heroic FoS but Normal is just is not worth a FoS.

Not that i would really care but clearing Normal before 5.2 is not what i see under the definition of "Feat of Strength".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'm fine with those Heroic FoS but Normal is just is not worth a FoS.

Not that i would really care but clearing Normal before 5.2 is not what i see under the definition of "Feat of Strength".
    And yet, only 28% of the guilds that wowprogress registers as guilds that raid have killed Sha of Fear normal. Which isn't a number that high.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It's just an achievement that really says "Hey, well done! You killed this boss before we nerfed it!"
    Hardly anything to worry over.
    This sums it up really, gives the people who completed the raids now something to show they killed those bosses pre-nerf, how many times have raiders complained about nerfs "Cheapening their accomplishments" again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    And yet, only 28% of the guilds that wowprogress registers as guilds that raid have killed Sha of Fear normal. Which isn't a number that high.
    Then Blizzard should be that consequent and hand out a FoS for every single Heroic Boss that is below that 28% threshold, which probably means adding 13 additional FoS into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    This sums it up really, gives the people who completed the raids now something to show they killed those bosses pre-nerf, how many times have raiders complained about nerfs "Cheapening their accomplishments" again?
    You could easily proof this by looking at the earned date, bit more complicated but not that huge.

This thing about post nerf kills rather refers to hotfixes like on Ragnaros Heroic.

Deleted
    Just when you thought you have seen it all, someone comes along and complains about something even more silly.

You could easily proof this by looking at the earned date, bit more complicated but not that huge..
    This 'solution' has always amused me. It's like a compromise, but not really. Does anybody seriously look through the dates of peoples' achievements? Please. The fact is few if any do that, and a dedicated achievement is a much better way of proving/reward skill and capability regarding pre-nerfed bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    This 'solution' has always amused me. It's like a compromise, but not really. Does anybody seriously look through the dates of peoples' achievements? Please. The fact is few if any do that, and a dedicated achievement is a much better way of proving/reward skill and capability regarding pre-nerfed bosses.
    It's the same solution as adding an Achievement just for this purpose, to "proof" that you killed this Boss "pre nerf".

FoS does not mean it is something hard to get, let me give you examples of some of my Fos's: Clockwork Rocket Bot, Onyxia's Lair (Level 60), Zul'Aman, WoW Anniversaries, Did Somebody Order a Knuckle Sandwich?, Charger, Hero of the Zandalar Tribe, Swift Flight Form, Swift White Hawkstrider, 2500 Dungeon & Raid Emblems, Timear Foresees, etc.

I'm stopping here because I'm tired of copy pasting. Yes there are a few FoS that mean something, but the vast majority do not mean anything more than you were playing at a certain time.

Deleted
    all archis are just plain simple ways to keep people busy and neither of them is hard...

10+ Year Old Account
    ...there are so many other things to care about. It's an achievement that doesn't even count towards the score in a brief acknowledgement rivaling a tip of the hat to players who accomplished something before it becomes easier. Normals aren't that hard to you or me, but to the bigger picture getting any further than MSV has been a trial for alot of people. (Yes hold onto your buttocks I may have just blown them off)

They are doing the smart thing by giving credence to those who did it which is still a weighty number of people, and yet still the minority. And then allowing those still struggling a shot at a 10% nerf.

To be honest this stinks of 'US HEROIC KILLERS DESERVE EVEN MORE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT'. You did. You got the gear to prove it. /Dance in Orgrimmar/Shrine and shut up and take your damn achievement.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

I think its bad for returning players. Smells like they are desperate to keep people subbed instead of them just returning 3-4 months before the new expansion and facerolling all content and getting mounts/foses

Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    FoS does not mean it is something hard to get, let me give you examples of some of my Fos's: Clockwork Rocket Bot, Onyxia's Lair (Level 60), Zul'Aman, WoW Anniversaries, Did Somebody Order a Knuckle Sandwich?, Charger, Hero of the Zandalar Tribe, Swift Flight Form, Swift White Hawkstrider, 2500 Dungeon & Raid Emblems, Timear Foresees, etc.
    There are some Achievements that become a FoS because the function to do this Achievements gets removed and therefore is no longer an active Achievement, removing it would piss off those people that actually spent time on doing this Achievement because their time got wasted, Full Weapon Skill or Full unarmed skill is an example.

Most of these easier Achievements were actually normal Achievements before their removal.

A Function however that is already linked to an Achievement and is still present doesn't need an extra Achievement.

They could remove those Cutting Edge Achievements as well, i don't really need an "Achievement proof" that i killed a Boss before a certain Patch got released.

If this accomplishment, let's say to the title of Sha of Fear Hc is linked to this Cutting Edge Achievement, it would be a different story.

Deleted
    Then Blizzard should be that consequent and hand out a FoS for every single Heroic Boss that is below that 28% threshold, which probably means adding 13 additional FoS into the game.
    But they are not end-tier bosses. The special thing about raiding is defeating those bosses at the end of each tier, the ones we kill on path to the goal of the raid are seldom meaningful. At least that's my point of view. And remember that they didn't add "normal" achievements for clearing the raids, whilst you have a single achievement for each heroic boss.

FoS means "I was there, I did it!"
    Just seperates those who can from those who can't, which IMO needs to be more places in WoW

The FoS you're mentioning are heroic only and already in the game.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-02-06 at 11:24 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    But they are not end-tier bosses. The special thing about raiding is defeating those bosses at the end of each tier, the ones we kill on path to the goal of the raid are seldom meaningful. At least that's my point of view. And remember that they didn't add "normal" achievements for clearing the raids, whilst you have a single achievement for each heroic boss.
    There is a reason why they don't add seperate Achievements for Normal Modes, yet those Achievements we are talking about are for a single normal mode boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    FoS means "I was there, I did it!"
    Originally FoS were supposed to show some special kind of Achievement that not anyone can easily complete or to show a very special feat from the past.

Later FoS became a spot for Achievements that get removed because the function they are linked get removed, that the time spent on this Achievement was not totally for nothing in the end.

And what i am saying is:
    Normal Mode are not special enough to fall under the "not anyone can easily complete" part and
    Normal Mode are still in the game with 5.2 and already have an Achievement, therefore are still doable.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-06 at 11:50 AM.

Deleted
    looking ahead, heroic raiding will mostly be closed shut for a big part of the raiding population. But that's fine because you get this feat of strength without ever touching heroic raiding, so hopefully it will make the people who've made it a habit to complain on the official forums that they can't kill a heroic boss accept that and be happy with their own achievement.
    whatever it takes to move away from the firelands and dragon soul model.

Clearly I was wrong in this case, that is pretty ridiculous to hand out a FoS for a normal mode kill.
    Last edited by Conatzer; 2013-02-06 at 12:10 PM. Reason: read front page, saw I was wrong, corrected myself.