Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Anyone can leave a pile of corpses behind them.
    Made me laugh quite hard. I immediately imagined Anduin leaving a pile of corpses behind himself after taking a dump in the bushes, Gamon leaving a pile of corpses behind on a bar counter to pay for his drinks, and level 1 gnome warrior leaving behind a pile of corpses of hunters, all playing dead for fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Consider all thats happened with Garrosh and add up the peices, there must then be something in what he's encountered that will give a reason why he's going to be a viable raid boss.

Orcish aggression
    An army of loyal followers (morons)
    An apparent unending supply of black metaled spiked structures
    The Mogu and there 'stone brought to life' constructs
    The Sha
    Ex-twlight cultists under his command
    Blackrock orcs coming into the picture.

Much of this will add up to what he uses in the raid I'm sure.
    Hmm. I can forsee this being our most difficult challenge yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    So if not for game mechanics, any given night elf priestess could be as strong as Tyrande? Okayy
    yes since that nelf priestess has been fighting the strongest foes in azeroth, from molten core to the black temple, from Kil'jaeden to the Lich King, 2 old gods and alot of baddies that infested this world; the list is soo long that any champion (aka the player character) will have the right to be the warchief as i say except Malfurion and Thrall that are some sort of demigod right now.
    Oh and tyrande was on her knee just fighting lesser doomguards and felhunters in the well of eternity istance, on the other hand illidan that was slayed by champions later in BT was tanking Mannoth like a boss. Or sylvanas and jaina having their asses handled to them by the Lk in hall of reflection, Sylvanas being killed by the ridicoulus boss of shadowfang keep, or Vol'jin being nearly oneshotted by the stupid rogue sended by Garrosh during dagger in the dark scenario.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2013-02-06 at 08:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

I guess you think thats funny so well done for trying. But see I have a legitimate reason to hate characters like Garrosh, you know, since there designed to be douchebags, where as others in the community hate on genuine good guys like Thrall or Vol'jin or even Anduin for being good? Oh yeah, I'm the one with morality issues.
    Very small minority hates Vol'Jin. Really. And I guess there are not many of those who hate either Thrall or Anduin. Myself, I don't like Anduin not because he is angelic good or something, he is just bland and poorly written character. My opinion of course.

And Garrosh is a douchebag... yeah, right? I'm suprised you put it that lightly. Yes, right now he is a terrible person. Somebody who probably will threaten the Azeroth for both sides of the conflict. He is a bad guy, let's face it, I don't like the fact they made him to be one, but he is. And, the thing is, he is much more interesting character than Anduin, Vol'Jin, recent portrayal of Thrall. Garrosh has a long and intriguing backstory. It's always somehow tragic if you look at it as a whole thing (although I doubt Blizzard does). He is a character who NEVER wanted to lead anything or anybody, who dreaded to think about it - and it was shoved into him by Thrall, the very person who released him from this burden in Nagrand.

You obviousy know much about the lore, but your hate towards Garrosh is pretty funny indeed. The only person I find really responsible for this clusterfuck we currently have is the one who thought "well, we have a newcomer orc with mental problems and who is repulsed by any idea of leadership. But he fights well... We have a new Warchief!". Garrosh is a wrong person at the wrong place.

And really, do you really think "douchebag=hate"? There are many examples of great video game villians who were also douchebags - most recently Vaas from Far Cry 3 - and they were the most interesting and memorable characters in their games.

One thing to take into account is how strong is our Character's, I believe lor'thremar was the First NPC ever to state that our characters were famous in Northrend and the events during the cataclsym stating ourselves as Legendary Heroes. Another question would be Who ended up killing said Expansion end bosses. Was it the 10/25 players who killed Lich king / deathwing. Or was it Tirion Fordring and Warthion/Dragon Aspects who killed there enemys.

We as characters have done insane Feats of strength, Killing old gods, slaying elemental lords in the home Realm (Al'akir and Ragnaros in heroic both permanetly dead)

Aren't he using the sha-power to make his soldiers stronger? Or am I totally wrong?
    Most likely he'll do the same thing, empower himself with sha. Until it corrupts his mind and he can't stop it.
    Or something, just random thoughts.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    I've noticed you people tend to glorify faction leaders to an extreme, raising them into godlike beings.

Garrosh is a very skilled and physically strong warrior, amongst orcs. Nothing more though. His real power is his position.
    this<-------
    Think for yourself.

I'll just give my two cents on the topic.

With regards to Garrosh; Capable warrior but realistically speaking anyone possessing magical prowess (warlocks, mages, priests, death knights, paladins), speaking of us the players, would probably have a very easy time killing him. As someone already mentioned, he is but a warrior and nothing more.

Now faction leaders and other notable persons are indeed fairly overdone to appear demigods, but once more we'll have to look at this a bit more realistically speaking.
    We, the players, are also very powerful in our own right especially if we take this as players that are level 90. To be honest we would give most faction leaders quite a challenge, we might even be capable enough to kill them (except Velen I'd say).

Deleted
    He'll probaly make love to the bell and become insanely OP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Or only thing that we will find will be his corpse, with his secret advisor sitting on the throne.

Nah, what am I thinking, Blizzard and plot twists that are not obvious?
    tbh plot twists don't work well with mmos, especially when they announced that we will fight garrosh ... they could do a twist at like 10% and his advisor betraying him and all, then the adivsor(some Nathrezim in disguise maybe) is the heroic only boss ...

As Christie Golden said Garrosh is not strong as he pretends to show. Garrosh is weak actually both in his core and in game. Any of the other characters and leaders can beat him and some of them without even breaking a sweat. Varian could have killed him 3 times by now. He lost his weapon 2 times to Varian already. He was saved by some deus ex machina outside force each time. Thrall according to the comic could easily have blasted him to oblivion anytime he wanted. Let's be honest he defeated Deathwing. Garrosh is nothing compared to him. Jaina? Pointless to say that Garrosh wouldn't last 1 second against her.

In general any of the characters or players can beat him. Garrosh is only power,power and power. No skill, no tactics, no experience and most important NO SPEED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornath View Post
    I'll just give my two cents on the topic.

With regards to Garrosh; Capable warrior but realistically speaking anyone possessing magical prowess (warlocks, mages, priests, death knights, paladins), speaking of us the players, would probably have a very easy time killing him. As someone already mentioned, he is but a warrior and nothing more.

Now faction leaders and other notable persons are indeed fairly overdone to appear demigods, but once more we'll have to look at this a bit more realistically speaking.
    We, the players, are also very powerful in our own right especially if we take this as players that are level 90. To be honest we would give most faction leaders quite a challenge, we might even be capable enough to kill them (except Velen I'd say).
    lol nope... not even close ... we are mere soldiers in their armies... excellent soldiers but still just soldiers... lorewise malfy, thrall, jaina and pretty much every1 is on a whole other level than us... heck Jaina could've razed Orgrimmar if she wanted to(and she wanted to, luckily kalec was there to stop her)

Garrosh isn't that strong from a Lore, or even gameplay point of view.

My feeling is to bring him up to standard, we may see something occur with the Sha, and we somehow bring the infestation back with us to the rest of Azeroth. I recall during BlizzCon, how a Q&A Panel answered how the expansion would start, and that it would look something like this:

Patch 5.0 - Small elite force (Us) invade the new continent to pave a way for the rest of our fleet.

Patch 5.1 - Remaining forces of your faction arrive, and begin their process of trying to dominante the new land.

Now both of these we've seen come true so far, but what is interesting is I recall them saying that we will eventually come back to Azeroth. Perhaps not in Patch 5.3, maybe even at the end of the expansion, but at some point we'll bring the Sha with us, and we'll end up infecting Garrosh in full, along with the decimation that has been caused by the Cataclysm, the rest of Azeroth is just a prime place for the Sha to infest!

Deleted
    Garrosh is also a character who is not motivated or corrupted by anyone else, unlike say deathwing was by old gods or Arthas was by nerzhul, even his own father though mannaroth and his demon blood. Blizzard is very much in the habit of letting us know who's pulling the strings with characters. To that end, Everything Garrosh does is on his own volition, no one else.
    Sha says hi? (well it's a maybe, but I think it's likely)

Besides, even with Sha infused powers Garrosh is only on par with the likes of Illidan. The Lich King and Deathwing are out of his league completely.
    So yeah, even with some sort of power boost it does feel kinda anti-climatic, doesn't it? Garrosh will most likely be the first end of expansion boss that isn't stronger than the previous (lore-wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Mails-Prowers View Post
    As Christie Golden said Garrosh is not strong as he pretends to show. Garrosh is weak actually both in his core and in game. Any of the other characters and leaders can beat him and some of them without even breaking a sweat. Varian could have killed him 3 times by now. He lost his weapon 2 times to Varian already. He was saved by some deus ex machina outside force each time. Thrall according to the comic could easily have blasted him to oblivion anytime he wanted. Let's be honest he defeated Deathwing. Garrosh is nothing compared to him. Jaina? Pointless to say that Garrosh wouldn't last 1 second against her.

In general any of the characters or players can beat him. Garrosh is only power,power and power. No skill, no tactics, no experience and most important NO SPEED.
    When Christie said "weak" she mean mentally not physically. Garrosh is really damn strong warrior. One of the best in Azeroth.