Page 1 of 2
LastLast

elemental or enchantment

so i have been lvling a shaman he is lvl 25 and im playing as him as enchantment. atm im thinking of switching to elemental because it is such a fun looking spec with quick burst (what i love) but i also love enchantment because of the dual wielding and loads of procs. i know im early in lvling but is enchantment going to be a little more funner because atm it just a dull melee spec.

Deleted
    Enhancement....

enhancement in my opinion is a much more fun spec than elemental. Elemental is just following the same rotation the entire fight with no changes and aoe rotation is chain lightning spam literally. Enhancement you actually have a lot more spells you need to use and can also provide a lot better off healing with the healing storm glyph, 5 stacks of maelstrom weapon and ancestral guidance. In elemental ancestral guidance is virtually useless unless you have ascendance up. Elemental's ascendance might be one of the better bursts in the game but enhancement has better bursts the rest of the fight. Overall enhancement is a much better dps spec, whilst elemental is one of the lowest in the game, currently has more survival cooldowns and probably a bit better at soloing. Ive also heard that most good guilds are looking for a decent enhancement because of the utility they bring and they are decent dps. However that being said, play the spec you find the most fun since thats what counts since its just a game and all

Everything delaxes says is true but let me add something. There is a LOT going on with Enh at level 87+.

I recently came back to WoW and instead of doing the Ele I raided with in the past, I decided to do 85-90 as Enh. Leveling was fine and the tons of self-healing was really nice. Once I started doing Heroics, I started getting a little overwhelmed. The AOE rotation is not fun, and I felt like I was spinning a lot of plates trying to figure out which ability I was supposed to do next to max my DPS while still keeping myself alive. When fights were over, I found myself looking back and thinking there was a lot I could have done better, but in the heat of battle, never quite pulled it off.

So I've since switched back to Ele and I am having much more fun. There is enough ability complexity to keep things interesting, but not so much that I get tunnel vision and die to environmental crap. I'm also "pulled back" from the action so I can think about my next move more. I do miss the wolves though...

This is all personal preference. Others will like the Enh rotation more; more power to them.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    enhancement in my opinion is a much more fun spec than elemental. Elemental is just following the same rotation the entire fight with no changes and aoe rotation is chain lightning spam literally. Enhancement you actually have a lot more spells you need to use and can also provide a lot better off healing with the healing storm glyph, 5 stacks of maelstrom weapon and ancestral guidance. In elemental ancestral guidance is virtually useless unless you have ascendance up. Elemental's ascendance might be one of the better bursts in the game but enhancement has better bursts the rest of the fight. Overall enhancement is a much better dps spec, whilst elemental is one of the lowest in the game, currently has more survival cooldowns and probably a bit better at soloing. Ive also heard that most good guilds are looking for a decent enhancement because of the utility they bring and they are decent dps. However that being said, play the spec you find the most fun since thats what counts since its just a game and all
    Which is litteraly nothing compared to spamming chain lightning on 5 mobs with ancestral guidance up. Not to mention that all the first gold challenge mode winners had elemental shamans in their groups just for that.

Oh and it's Enhancement, not Enchantment. Enchantment is this guy; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPQhdA0PQPY

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

lol, can't even take this guy seriously. gg

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Which is litteraly nothing compared to spamming chain lightning on 5 mobs with ancestral guidance up. Not to mention that all the first gold challenge mode winners had elemental shamans in their groups just for that.

Oh and it's Enhancement, not Enchantment. Enchantment is this guy
    well thx for the grammar its enhancement.
    plzz provide ussefull and not silly stuff

Elemental > enhance any day for me pvp or pve. Sure. It's dull in pve. But pvp is heaps of fun if you are doing it right. Plus side, I can still use resto for healing. Gear is *almost* identical but still useful for arena caps (ele is terrible in almost all forms of arena).

If you are dead set on being just melee, enhance. If you want some flexibility and are not fully decided on what you want, elemental for the minimal gear difference when having resto for off spec.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    well thx for the grammar its enhancement.
    plzz provide ussefull and not silly stuff
    Not really a grammar thing since both words have different meanings etc, and I actually did provide useful information. Elemental brings some of the beast spell cleaving in the game and can also provide some of the best burst off-healing as well. So easy tiger.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently leveling a shaman and each dps spec is horrible in lower levels. Damage is incredibly low (even with BoA Equipment), many talents and skills that make the class functional are not available etc. I tried a friends lvl 90 shaman to look what i can expect. Based on my experiences i will go up to 90, because both specs gave me a blast. Otherwise i think i had stopped playing him.

Most of the time i'm restoration for 5-mans, outside i'll go with elemental.

me and my grumpyness. while i like elemental enhancement is also fun but i hate having an mainspec that has the needs olmost the same items as my other spec (restro) i never got around getting those grouped and which is better for pvp i did some on enhancement during wotlk and loved it but now seeing a lot ppl go elemental makes me worried is ench pvp still fun?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    I'm currently leveling a shaman and each dps spec is horrible in lower levels. Damage is incredibly low (even with BoA Equipment), many talents and skills that make the class functional are not available etc. I tried a friends lvl 90 shaman to look what i can expect. Based on my experiences i will go up to 90. Otherwise i think i had stopped playing him.
    You get Lava Burst at 34, that really helps. And it really isn't that horrible in the lower levels, sure it's not insanely over the top, but it's not bad either.

I leveled as Elemental and found it fun. Everyone says Enhancement is faster and it is a wee bit but when it comes to pulling big groups and then bursting them down Chain Lightning and Earthquake do wonderful things. The "rotation" is pretty easy for Elemental but to be great and not good you have to know exactly when to pop those CD's like any class. I personally enjoy Elemental more but my Shaman is currently spec'd as Resto/Enh and I'm a bottom-barrel Enhancement Shaman compared to my Elemental gameplay.

Quick edit:

Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    me and my grumpyness. while i like elemental enhancement is also fun but i hate having an mainspec that has the needs olmost the same items as my other spec (restro) i never got around getting those grouped and which is better for pvp i did some on enhancement during wotlk and loved it but now seeing a lot ppl go elemental makes me worried is ench pvp still fun?
    That makes gearing an off-spec insanely easy I have no idea why you'd hate that unless you like carrying two sets of gear at all times...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You get Lava Burst at 34, that really helps. And it really isn't that horrible in the lower levels, sure it's not insanely over the top, but it's not bad either.
    Nah, my buddy is playing a prot warrior and is damage is ridiculous (leveling together). Looks like Blizzard doesn't care about the balance in lower levels. I'm currently 58 now and my lavaburst hits for 600 noncrit (1,7k crit) on 5 - 6k hp mobs, buddy is charging -> 2,5k shieldbash, 1,5k melee crits. I know it will change in later levels, so my message is: Hold on, you will get your reward. ^^

Nah, my buddy is playing a prot warrior and is damage is ridiculous (leveling together). Looks like Blizzard doesn't care about the balance in lower levels. I'm currently 58 now and my lavaburst hits for 600 noncrit (1,7k crit) on 5 - 6k hp mobs. It takes time to bring them down. I know it will change in later levels, so my message is: Hold on, you will get your reward. ^^
    That's because Vengeance + Sword and Board procs = insane numbers for shield slam at that level coupled with the fact he's probably AoEing everything down which pads his dmg output...Are you keeping flame shock up like you should be and using LvB on CD and if its a big pack using Chain Lightning like a boss (don't recall when you get earthquake).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nah, my buddy is playing a prot warrior and is damage is ridiculous (leveling together). Looks like Blizzard doesn't care about the balance in lower levels. I'm currently 58 now and my lavaburst hits for 600 noncrit (1,7k crit) on 5 - 6k hp mobs, buddy is charging -> 2,5k shieldbash, 1,5k melee crits. I know it will change in later levels, so my message is: Hold on, you will get your reward. ^^
    There's the issue. There should never be such a thing as a non-crit LVB. NEVER EVER EVER use LvB is you don't have FS on the target - EVER. And yeah, Vengeance is just silly at the lower levels, so not the best comparisment.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know that with FS but i don't care about atm, since mobs don't live long enough outside of any dungeons. FS > Lavaburst, then hardcasting lightning bolt with low damage is boooooooring :>

Well even at 90 you will be casting lightning bolt a fair bit so get used to it D:

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    i know that with FS but i don't care about atm, since mobs don't live long enough outside of any dungeons. FS > Lavaburst, then hardcasting lightning bolt with low damage is boooooooring :>
    Then honestly, if you aren't doing it right, and regard the proper rotation as boring - then I honestly wouldn't whine about the low dmg when it's your own fault. Oh and Fulmination is awesome, and a truckload of damage too at any point of the game - not using Earth Shock when at 5-7 Lightning Shield is a big fat mistake too, almost as big as casting LvB without FS.

If you want higher numbers go enhancement, elemental has more utility imo and its also easier to OS heal.
    do what you feel.