Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    You got awfully defensive at the reason I didn't want to watch an already bad movie series (my opinion). Are you involved with the movie some way or are you just easily offended when someone dislikes a movie you like?
    Just seems to me that not watching an action movie because the stunts are heavily staged is awfully odd logic.

I can only speak for myself but while F&F has been mostly about action/car races it at least attempts to put together a solid storyline and puts some thought into the characters. Don't get me wrong it don't always works and occasionally it does get silly but compared to some movies at least they do a pretty good job of it. Take Walker's character as he goes from cop to outlaw while falling in love with the Dom's sister who he was trying to catch but now is his bff. It's not going win any academy awards but it is there.

As for the F&F6 trailer I was surprised. I wasn't sure where they would go with movie aside from Letty being back from the grave. I didn't think Hobbs and the crew would be working together again. I was also glad to see Tyrese, Ludacris, and Sung back reprising their roles. And just when you think they ran out of crazy action scenes did they just bring down a transport airplane with a car?

Just over 3 months to go. I can't wait.

Loved every single F&F movie, and i honestly enjoy the fact that they have aimed the movies at a broader audience than with the first 2 or 3, Fast 5 was just fantastic and i honestly think the last one is gonna be great too, trailer just looks mindblowing /excited

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Just seems to me that not watching an action movie because the stunts are heavily staged is awfully odd logic.
    You really look for logic in the reasons people don't want to watch or listen to something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

You really look for logic in the reasons people don't want to watch or listen to something?
    Yes? Doesn't everyone try to understand everything they read or hear, at the very least subconsciously?

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see it loved the first one loathed the 2nd and 3rd one 4th one was good and 5th one was great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did not expect to see Hobbs (The Rock) working with them again, asking for their help. But the biggest surprise was to see Letty back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    But the biggest surprise was to see Letty back from the dead.
    Considering they revealed she was alive at the end of 5, it shouldn't be THAT big a surprise, lol.

As for me, I can't wait. The first F&F was decent, 2 and 3 were bleh, 4 was good, and 5 was freakin awesome. And this looks like it's going to try to outdo 5. Is it dumb? Of course it is, it's a F&F movie. I watch movies to be entertained, not to find some deep meaning in every fucking thing. If I'm gonna watch a movie like this, or Expendables, or, Commando, or The Transporter, or The Raid, or Under Siege, or whatever, I'm not looking for a deep meaning, I'm looking for over the top fighting, big shoot outs, explosions, one liners, car chases, stuff like that.

Deleted
    I haven't seen one past the first movie because before the second one came out I saw an article in a car magazine that said they only drove the cars around 25-30mph (40-48 ish kph) I drive my 96 Accord faster than that to buy bread. Kinda disheartening.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 01:30 PM ----------

.....I dont want to live on this planet anymore.
    That's like saying you refuse to watch any films with firearms in them because in all but 1 or 2 movies they use blanks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissarr View Post
    That's like saying you refuse to watch any films with firearms in them because in all but 1 or 2 movies they use blanks lol.
    Yeah. And also, in Star Trek and Star Wars(and every other sci-fi movie, for that matter), they never actually left Earth and went into space. Disaster movies don't usually feature REAL tornados, or earthquakes, or volcanos. The actors in vampire movies don't, in fact, drink blood. And Robert Downey Jr can kiss my ass, I was so mad when I found out he wasn't REALLY flying around in a high tech battlesuit:-(