Page 1 of 29
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts

Hi guys i found a thread on the Warcraft forums about this topic so heres the original post and a link to the topic, let us know what you guys think and if you can help prove if these mounts do infact exsist.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7864406572#1

And here is a copy of the original post.

So apparently nobody has obtained a Sha or Galleon mount, ever. There is 0 proof this is on the loot tables at all. There are a few screenshots but mostly the people are in t3 etc which leads me to believe they are using a certain morphing program I won't name.

Now I always thought it was strange I have never seen either mount on a server with easily 2k+ sha loots a week seeing as it dies every 15 minutes almost the entire week. But Guildox comes to the rescue!

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30

In case you are not aware guildox scans the armory and gets EVERYONES armory details using blizzards official API. This includes hk's, mounts, achievements etc. It scans US, EU and Asian realms. Literally nobody in wow has seen this mount, Blizzard.

I believe something is definitely not right here, whether it be the mount is unobtainable and only there to encourage geared people to actually kill sha for a chance at it; or something got messed up with the coding and it is actually not possible to drop. (Similar to some heroic 10 man feng loot actually being impossible to drop until it got hotfixed)

Out of the multiple wowhead comments of people claiming they or their guildies got either mount, none of them have ever posted an armory link as proof even when asked multiple times. And well, Guildox solidifies this even more.

Thoughts?

Edit: If you are going to claim you have seen the mount please link an armory as proof or your comment will be considered trolling, or misinformed.
    Last edited by evani; 2013-02-08 at 09:10 PM.

Mount

I've seen the sha mount drop on my server, i specifically remember because the person who won it could not use it as he did not have the required riding profession

Edit: This was in the first month or so, i do not remember the characters name, nor if he is even on my server anymore
    Last edited by phatkiid; 2013-02-07 at 03:49 AM.

You really think he got it and didn't have the skill rather than linking it using an addon/item ID and saying he didn't have the skill?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really interested to see what happens with this. All wowhead comments say that "My guildie/friend/random dude got the mount" with zero proof, and any posts asking for proof are downvoted to Oblivion. Plus the only screenshot of the mount is from beta.

From what I've heard, in the capped thread no one posted any sort of armory link.

Quote Originally Posted by phatkiid View Post
    I've seen the sha mount drop on my server, i specifically remember because the person who won it could not use it as he did not have the required riding profession
    Link armory or this comment doesn't mean anything.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Yea, I think this thread has merit. I've never seen either on my server. Yesterday, when I did Sha, someone in the raid linked the mount, said he got it, and that now he should do the Cloud Serpent dailies, which I thought was fake because anyone can link it from Atlasloot or other mods.

Hell, anyone can link it from the Dungeon Journal! There's always one every kill I participate in, but not a single soul on my server has it.

I have had a lucky week, will go kill Sha now and get the mount, back soon with armory link :P

I wish...

EDIT : Reminds of when I was bitching in vent about the chances of getting a mount from Blingtron, literally 10 minutes later a guildie gets one from it. Damn him! Was pretty funny though.
    Last edited by Gags; 2013-02-07 at 04:01 AM.

i believe this to be true. i have also never seen it. people claim to have it but yet EVERY SINGLE one says they cant use it because they dont have the riding skill.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Sha mount is the dragon, correct? I think I have seen it once or twice, though perhaps that was a different one.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Mousing over the (!) icon on the Guildox page linked indicates that the data presented is acquired via statistical sampling - i.e. not everyone. With an ultra-low drop rate and less than six months worth of attempts, it doesn't surprise me all that much that it's not showing up there.

Just because something is rare doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evani View Post
    Hi guys i found a thread on the Warcraft forums about this topic so heres the original post and a link to the topic, let us know what you guys think and if you can help prove if these mounts do infact exsist.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7810522637

And here is a copy of the original post.

So apparently nobody has obtained a Sha or Galleon mount, ever. There is 0 proof this is on the loot tables at all. There are a few screenshots but mostly the people are in t3 etc which leads me to believe they are using a certain morphing program I won't name.

Now I always thought it was strange I have never seen either mount on a server with easily 2k+ sha loots a week seeing as it dies every 15 minutes almost the entire week. But Guildox comes to the rescue!

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30

In case you are not aware guildox scans the armory and gets EVERYONES armory details using blizzards official API. This includes hk's, mounts, achievements etc. It scans US, EU and Asian realms. Literally nobody in wow has seen this mount, Blizzard.

I believe something is definitely not right here, whether it be the mount is unobtainable and only there to encourage geared people to actually kill sha for a chance at it; or something got messed up with the coding and it is actually not possible to drop. (Similar to some heroic 10 man feng loot actually being impossible to drop until it got hotfixed)

Out of the multiple wowhead comments of people claiming they or their guildies got either mount, none of them have ever posted an armory link as proof even when asked multiple times. And well, Guildox solidifies this even more.

Thoughts?

Edit: If you are going to claim you have seen the mount please link an armory as proof or your comment will be considered trolling, or misinformed.
    I think you need to check wowhead... there are folks with pictures of them on their mount... So... I suspect that someone actually has looted the mount... just because YOU haven't seen it drop doesn't mean it doesn't drop.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=87771#screenshots:id=343286

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Just because something is rare doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Ya don't say? Just because something has never been seen in the game by anyone at all though, does that mean it doesn't exist?

Well it was only matter of time this thread got here. Also what with all these people claiming they seen it or know some body with it but can't remember their name...

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I think you need to check wowhead... there are folks with pictures of them on their mount... So... I suspect that someone actually has looted the mount... just because YOU haven't seen it drop doesn't mean it doesn't drop.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=87771#screenshots:id=343286
    LOLOL This must be a troll.

Deleted
    The first "RNG is RNG" posts already sipping in, just like feng heroic loot that didn't drop.
    Hope it gets fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Ya don't say? Just because something has never been seen in the game by anyone at all though, does that mean it doesn't exist?
    How long was Rivindare's Deathcharger in the game before anyone saw it?

Just to add to the statistics, I've been doing Sha on 10 characters, using coin every attempt for 2 months now, that is ~200 personal roll attempts and not seen or heard about anyone actually getting it in the raids, that is ~4000 player rolls not including their possible coin rolls (10 chars, 10 weeks, 40 players).

Yes I'm a mount collector and last I checked #13 in the world http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=19 - So if I have done these 200 personal attempts for no reason (including the elder coin farming on 9 alts) I will be a very sad panda...

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Well it was only matter of time this thread got here. Also what with all these people claiming they seen it or know some body with it but can't remember their name...
    You remember the name of anyone you pass in Orgrimmar?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    That's a pretty tall claim. This is a mount with a rep requirement. How many have dropped for alts that weren't exalted? How many have dropped for mains that weren't exalted and never will be, because someone hates dailies? How many were destroyed for bag space by someone who didn't know what he had, or doesn't give a crap about mounts? How many dropped for people who were exalted, but play at odd hours or use a different mount?

The RNG doesn't always bestow its blessings on someone who would appreciate them.