Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    So.. http://eu.square-enix.com/en isn't this Square Enix site? at least for EU?
    Sorry, I'm a terrible American and didn't consider the site might be different. Yeah, that site should be it. They're all connected, so making a Square Enix account there should be perfectly fine.

oh she will, the pic of shiva is unfinished

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    i hope shiva becomes more blueish since thats how most people see her i supose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoLemonade View Post
    Sorry, I'm a terrible American and didn't consider the site might be different. Yeah, that site should be it. They're all connected, so making a Square Enix account there should be perfectly fine.
    Its fine mate, its just i don't wanna register a key on one site, then it ends up being unavailable in another ahah =p
    Well imma take a leap of faith, its just 5 euros anyway, if it doesn't work it will be a very expensive coaster for my drinks while im at the PC =p

Edit: Just purchased, registering it on the Square Enix European Members site and now shows Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn, but i can't actually register it on the website you provided (like you said i wouldn't be able).
    As per your advice i also opened up a support request to get a answer. Who knows maybe they can even manually add the game to my account =p
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-02 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    Its fine mate, its just i don't wanna register a key on one site, then it ends up being unavailable in another ahah =p
    Well imma take a leap of faith, its just 5 euros anyway, if it doesn't work it will be a very expensive coaster for my drinks while im at the PC =p

Edit: Just purchased, registering it on the Square Enix European Members site and now shows Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn, but i can't actually register it on the website you provided (like you said i wouldn't be able).
    As per your advice i also opened up a support request to get a answer. Who knows maybe they can even manually add the game to my account =p
    Haha and what a pretty awesome coaster it will be :P

When will this game come out, the suspense it actually killing me T.T

Deleted
    A lot of sites are saying late Spring, early Summer. But dev posts have said that they won't release it until they are 100% happy with it, otherwise it will end up like the original launch. So it all depends really on how positive the beta feedback is.

Hey, sorry if this has been asked, but it's a big concern of mine and I can't find much on it. When the original FF XIV was released, my friend bought it since she loves the entire series and plays lots of MMOs. She has a gaming laptop and upon installing found out the game couldn't run because of some compatibility issue with her graphic card. She couldn't get a refund and couldn't get any help from them other than "yeah that happens, too bad". She never even got to play it once.

I'm considering picking this up when it re-releases and my friend is getting kinda excited about it too. Does anyone know if any of those wonky compatibility issues with the graphics and certain types of laptop integrated cards (forget which kind, I apologize, I think nvidia) were fixed with any of this? Kind of a make or break situation for us. Thanks.

Edit: Though again I can't remember the type of card specifically, I do remember reading up on it years ago and found out the problem was actually despairingly common and that a lot of people were simply SOL because of the weird issue.

Edit #2: OKAY. I spoke with said friend and she claims her card is an "ati mobility radeon hd 5800" and that "the mobility aspect of it was the issue".
    Last edited by summourn; 2013-02-03 at 08:20 PM.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

Deleted
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...da.html/page/1

Graphical quality is not the only thing improved with the new engine, though. Unlike the original game, players will also be able to scale the graphics options, which will allow players with low-end rigs to run the game at a decent clip while granting those with high-powered systems the ability to enjoy the much improved visuals.
    In regards to whether it actually works with your friends setup, she would just have to wait for the new benchmark and run that when it's released and hopefully the developers made it at least runnable on laptops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucess ! Posting pic so if any1 has the same doubt they have a reference to go by=P , so happy the box i bought won't just be a coaster for drinks.

http://imgur.com/ig1IFvY

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    I haven't really been keeping up with the FFXIV 2.0 news since most of the sites are blocked at work. Anyone know how close they are to Phase 1 beta?
    It should be starting within a week or two I think.

Damnit YoshiP, stop being so transparent, honest and genuinely awesome.

That man doesn't get nearly enough respect for how spectacular of a job he's done since being brought on. He's probably the best thing to happen to Squeenix proper in the past decade. He's definitely one of the guys in the MMO (and general gaming) industry that I respect the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonn View Post
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...da.html/page/1

In regards to whether it actually works with your friends setup, she would just have to wait for the new benchmark and run that when it's released and hopefully the developers made it at least runnable on laptops.
    Sorry for the super belated reply. Just wanted to say thanks for that. I guess it's just a matter of waiting to see if it runs or not. She has a specifically gaming-built laptop so it wasn't outdated/performance issues, just a weird thing they had with some cards that caused the game to crash entirely. Hopefully the new engine overhaul will help. :3
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post

That man doesn't get nearly enough respect for how spectacular of a job he's done since being brought on. He's probably the best thing to happen to Squeenix proper in the past decade. He's definitely one of the guys in the MMO (and general gaming) industry that I respect the most.
    Right? I have sincere hopes that ARR kicks off. I have faith in the new team behind it.

He'll definitely make a name for himself as the man that made a WoW copy under the name of FFXIV

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    He'll definitely make a name for himself as the man that made a WoW copy under the name of FFXIV
    Erm, what? FFXIV is far from a wow copy.

If 2.0 does well, he'll be making a name for himself as the man that helmed the transition of one of the worst big budget MMO's ever released and turned it into a successful game.

Seriously, 1.0 was beyond terrible.

Erm, what? FFXIV is far from a wow copy.

If 2.0 does well, he'll be making a name for himself as the man that helmed the transition of one of the worst big budget MMO's ever released and turned it into a successful game.

Seriously, 1.0 was beyond terrible.
    I'd say he's more likely on the track of becoming a Legendary Director omg wtf bbq God, (ok little far on that part but deff. Legendary). Its hard to take a steaming pile of crap and turn into a stack of gold, but from what i've seen... his alchemy skill must be 60+.

Oh look, another mindless drone that believes because a producer is actually getting current with what the populace likes in an MMO he's "copying WoW".

Newsflash: the only real claim to fame that WoW can call its own is it's LFD tool. Leveling via quests was first brought to the West via WoW but it was hardly the first MMO to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    I'd say he's more likely on the track of becoming a Legendary Director omg wtf bbq God, (ok little far on that part but deff. Legendary). Its hard to take a steaming pile of crap and turn into a stack of gold, but from what i've seen... his alchemy skill must be 60+.
    Considering, if you believe the reputable reporting sources, the entire industry is actually looking to see how this pans out because if he and his crew can actually pull this off it'll be the first MMO that will get turned around from a bad, horrendous launch. Sure, there's others that switch to F2P and limp on but I haven't really seen an MMO pull off a good narrative as well as FFXI has in terms of presentation and layout when it comes to story. If they can pull this off then it'll simply prove that some other developers are really just that fucking clueless when it comes to understanding their playerbase and their wants/needs.

Square-Enix's always been pretty bold about taking risks, so to them this is just par for course. I'm play FFXI right now and though I'm having fun, the archaic UI and world is wearing on me. I'll give it another shot at least, because it certainly can't be any worse than FFXIV:1.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if serious? He has just as good a chance to fail as he does to succeed, I'll admit, but it will not be because he made a "WoW copy". Read the Letter from the Producers. He's taking inspiration from many successful MMOs; he even met with two producers from UO. YoshiP is so sincere in his desire to make FFXIV good that it makes me sad to see such craptastic responses based on nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Not sure if serious? He has just as good a chance to fail as he does to succeed, I'll admit, but it will not be because he made a "WoW copy". Read the Letter from the Producers. He's taking inspiration from many successful MMOs; he even met with two producers from UO. YoshiP is so sincere in his desire to make FFXIV good that it makes me sad to see such craptastic responses based on nothing.
    I agree with what you and Viertel have said. However, thats the difference between other Dev's and Directors compared to YoshiP and square. It always seems like Square FF dev's seem to listen to the community and generally tend to care more about their games then other developers. This is only observed over time, where Eventually Square will correct certain bugs, or leave them in (like Nin becoming new tank instead of sam, and sam becoming the new DD instead of Tank), while other devs tend to just sugar coat band-iad fixes (i'd example wow here... but I can't remember the biggest ones.. was alot at Wrath Launch w/ dk's though).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    I agree with what you and Viertel have said. However, thats the difference between other Dev's and Directors compared to YoshiP and square. It always seems like Square FF dev's seem to listen to the community and generally tend to care more about their games then other developers. This is only observed over time, where Eventually Square will correct certain bugs, or leave them in (like Nin becoming new tank instead of sam, and sam becoming the new DD instead of Tank), while other devs tend to just sugar coat band-iad fixes (i'd example wow here... but I can't remember the biggest ones.. was alot at Wrath Launch w/ dk's though).
    I think the way I see it is, SE allowed FFXI to be a lot more player driven, utsusemi was not meant to be used the way it was, and if we use WoW as an example, I'm pretty sure that they would have hotfixed it rather quickly to not work at all. TP burning SL and Baha v2 would also have been quickly fixed by many current mmos (Let's ignore AV because that boss was a fucking troll for years).

I just feel like they had a lot more faith in their player base than current mmo developers and they seem to know when to not listen to stupid suggestions. I haven't played FFXI since Lv75, but from what my friends who still play have said, the whole endgame has shifted to a more lowman group atmosphere which means the devs can obviously change how the game works depending on the player base. If they can have this kind of attitude with the relaunch and not completely ignore all the complaints people have on the beta it should be a success based solely on the Final Fantasy name itself.

Note: This is purely me being nostalgic about FFXI and wanting FFXIV to be awesome, and probably none of this was actually true or hold any ground.
    Last edited by mmoceca64cae0b; 2013-02-07 at 10:34 PM.