Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Back to bashing the person as uneducated who cannot tell you a textbook definition. Oh my. I see. Why when you lose, you always circle back to that. It's old.
    Its not bashing. If someone tried to tell me the up and downs, the zigs and the zags about something I was knowledgeable in, and they sounded very ignorant, I would question them too.

'I don't know anything about guns becauses what I hear on cable, but I'm going to comment like I know everything anyway!"

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    MSNBC is biased and Huffington Post is full of shit, but what world are you living in where CNN is more biased than Fox News?
    They are all very biased. There is no reason to "rate" their ability at being biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's so stupid he makes me taste purple.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to bashing the person as uneducated who cannot tell you a textbook definition. Oh my. I see. Why when you lose, you always circle back to that. It's old.
    Did it ever occur to you that you shouldn't be commenting then if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about? Did it ever occur to you that people with different opinions than you get news from somewhere other than Fox?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

No one in this thread has reasonably defined an assault weapon as anything other than a scary looking gun with identical functionality to a not scary looking gun.

Maybe if the Sandy Hook shooter had painted his gun with ponies we'd be discussing banning pink fluffy unicorn guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    No one in this thread has reasonably defined an assault weapon as anything other than a scary looking gun with identical functionality to a not scary looking gun.

Maybe if the Sandy Hook shooter had painted his gun with ponies we'd be discussing banning pink fluffy unicorn guns.
    Don't be ridiculous, there's tons of bronies round here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that you shouldn't be commenting then if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about? Did it ever occur to you that people with different opinions than you get news from somewhere other than Fox?
    Did it occer to you. I don't live my life based on what you think. I could cuss too but it's not polite and just shows how a person can fail to grasp the simplest of things without blowing their lid off. Seriously though all these off topic comments. I am going to ask those who patrol the site to come here just to know this thread isn't your personal space to scream. Get the hell on topic. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    They are all very biased. There is no reason to "rate" their ability at being biased.
    My world has more colors than black and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

My world has more colors than black and white.
    When an entertainment channel like CNN continually pushed one sided arguments, thats called bias.

Did it occer to you. I don't live my life based on what you think. I could cuss too but it's not polite and just shows how a person can fail to grasp the simplest of things without blowing their lid off. Seriously though all these off topic comments. I am going to ask those who patrol the site to come here just to know this thread isn't your personal space to scream. Get the hell on topic. Seriously.
    You literally just complained about people cursing, then cursed...............

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    When an entertainment channel like CNN continually pushed one sided arguments, thats called bias.

You literally just complained about people cursing, then cursed...............
    Saying Hell is not really a cuss. Saying words like F and those kind are cussing. Hell is just a place to me and not a cuss word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying Hell is not really a cuss. Saying words like F and those kind are cussing. Hell is just a place to me and not a cuss word.
    But you didn't use hell in reference to a place, you used it as a curse word.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Sorry, you can't pick and choose which are curse words. Either they are bad or they aren't. Stop "blowing your lid off"

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hell" when used outside of referring to the specific place is, very specifically, a profanity. The taking of a religious concept in vain for emphasis. I personally don't care, as I don't really tie any special significance to profanities, but it is indeed commonly considered a minor curse word in modern society.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    "Hell" when used outside of referring to the specific place is, very specifically, a profanity. The taking of a religious concept in vain for emphasis. I personally don't care, as I don't really tie any special significance to profanities, but it is indeed commonly considered a minor curse word in modern society.
    Then I do apologize. It's second nature for me to say that. I never considered it an actual cuss word. However if the general public does then I sincerely misspoke.

When did criticism equal insult?
    Anytime that Fused is called out on anything whether it be their facts or them being misinformed and ignorant of the topic at hand she screams personal insults like its a battle cry. Notice the fact that huffington post is ok (a known liberal progressive biased news source) but Fox isn't ok (a known biased conservative news source) Notice that she still is saying that an AR-15 can be made into a fully auto regardless of the fact that people have told her otherwise, posted info to the contrary including posting explosions showing the very different insides of the M16 vs AR15 receiver.

She makes claims she can not back up, ignores education, makes up facts and believes biased media spin and when she can't do that she screams insults. It's asinine and i think just about everyone can see through it, its as transparent as a new window.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    Anytime that Fused is called out on anything whether it be their facts or them being misinformed and ignorant of the topic at hand she screams personal insults like its a battle cry. Notice the fact that huffington post is ok (a known liberal progressive biased news source) but Fox isn't ok (a known biased conservative news source) Notice that she still is saying that an AR-15 can be made into a fully auto regardless of the fact that people have told her otherwise, posted info to the contrary including posting explosions showing the very different insides of the M16 vs AR15 receiver.

She makes claims she can not back up, ignores education, makes up facts and believes biased media spin and when she can't do that she screams insults. It's asinine and i think just about everyone can see through it, its as transparent as a new window.
    Are you serious. Fox News distorts the truth. HuffPuff may have a liberal agenda but their information is not made up. It's not lies. It's actual events that are taking place. Fox on purpose seeks to hide their biased claiming fair and balanced. They intentionally only show certain shows that try to convince you despite best interest your government is out to declare civil war. It's just massively distorted on a new level that even MSNBC or CNN dare not to go. In fact a study shown people who watch Fox News know less then those who watch NO NEWS

Examples:

Sunday morning news shows do the most to help people learn about current events, while some outlets, especially Fox News, lead people to be even less informed than those who they don't watch any news at all.

But the real finding is that the results depend on what media sources people turn to for their news. For example, people who watch Fox News, the most popular of the 24-hour cable news networks, are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government than those who watch no news at all (after controlling for other news sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors).

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2011/11...re-than/183982

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious. Fox News distorts the truth. HuffPuff may have a liberal agenda but their information is not made up. It's not lies. It's actual events that are taking place. Fox on purpose seeks to hide their biased claiming fair and balanced. They intentionally only show certain shows that try to convince you despite best interest your government is out to declare civil war. It's just massively distorted on a new level that even MSNBC or CNN dare not to go. In fact a study shown people who watch Fox News know less then those who watch NO NEWS

Examples:

Sunday morning news shows do the most to help people learn about current events, while some outlets, especially Fox News, lead people to be even less informed than those who they don't watch any news at all.

But the real finding is that the results depend on what media sources people turn to for their news. For example, people who watch Fox News, the most popular of the 24-hour cable news networks, are 18-points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government than those who watch no news at all (after controlling for other news sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors).

Not to defend Fox News or anything, but mediamatters? Really?

Examples:

Bull. They do not "Distort the truth" anymore than MSNBC, CNN or Huffington post. Stop pushing your agenda through BS its incredibly transparent.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Examples:

Its even more of a joke that you think Fox is that much worse than CNN, Huff, or MSN. They all have agendas, they all have bias, they all misinform. Ole' Piers Morgan would have you believe that owning an AR-15 means you are possibly going to be a mass murderer, that AR-15's are death machines. This is misinformed bias.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Not to defend Fox News or anything, but mediamatters? Really?
    Google that article. Show how many websites reported on that subject. Numerous. But I guess their all wrong and Fox Isn't biased at all..

10+ Year Old Account
    Google that article. Show how many websites reported on that subject. Numerous. But I guess their all wrong and Fox Isn't biased at all..
    I just thought it funny that you would go with that source. Especially if, like you say, it's posted all over the place.