Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    can you explain this? like easier to see or pick up or what
    Not sure, personally I wouldn't do it. You can pick them up just fine and on H you can't just aimlessly run around the platform and your movement is limited. Not worth the GCD imo.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    can you explain this? like easier to see or pick up or what
    Black Ice gives yourself a 50% speed boost when walking on the ice of your trap, makeing you faster in fetching orbs

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Not sure, personally I wouldn't do it. You can pick them up just fine and on H you can't just aimlessly run around the platform and your movement is limited. Not worth the GCD imo.
    You can run around quite a lot, you just need to know when dread spray is hitting the slice you're in. I pick up a lot of orbs on that fight, and it's a solid DPS boost.

So, 12/16H finally and working on H-Empress tomorrow. Our heals are really strong so I don't anticipate it being too big a deal.

AFAIK for hunters:

We can't be targeted for Cry of Terror, but we have the ranged spread out thing, so if you're running 2 melee, form a triangle with you being the back point and let the ranged/healers worry about the fields behind you? Maybe wait til the fields are out to move into place so you don't drop one in melee? Deterrence should be up for every corrupted field afaik.

I'm thinking of running Binding Shot for add phase because we have a few ranged interrupts for random dispatches. Anyone have any experience with chaining stuns in the initial portion of the transition phases? We have remorseless winter, monk leg sweep, shadowfury, and potentially my binding shot to work with - will it just DR too much to be worth it eventually?

Seems like a fairly brainless fight for hunters, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    You can run around quite a lot, you just need to know when dread spray is hitting the slice you're in. I pick up a lot of orbs on that fight, and it's a solid DPS boost.
    I never said I didn't run around to grab orbs, I just said that it wasn't worth the GCD because you can get to the orbs you want to get to just as fast without it.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So, 12/16H finally and working on H-Empress tomorrow. Our heals are really strong so I don't anticipate it being too big a deal.

AFAIK for hunters:

We can't be targeted for Cry of Terror, but we have the ranged spread out thing, so if you're running 2 melee, form a triangle with you being the back point and let the ranged/healers worry about the fields behind you? Maybe wait til the fields are out to move into place so you don't drop one in melee? Deterrence should be up for every corrupted field afaik.

I'm thinking of running Binding Shot for add phase because we have a few ranged interrupts for random dispatches. Anyone have any experience with chaining stuns in the initial portion of the transition phases? We have remorseless winter, monk leg sweep, shadowfury, and potentially my binding shot to work with - will it just DR too much to be worth it eventually?

I took binding shot at first but it DRed so much and after the stun the tank can get instakilled so i just went with silencing shot and interrupted an add.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

AFAIK for hunters:

If you have a well geared shield tank who knows how to use cooldowns, and run with 4 good healers (Disc FTW), you shouldn't really need stuns. We 3 shot Empress on our first night on her ...

Best advice I can give is make sure you are running Sticky Resin as much as you can, other than that just stand there and whack-a-mole.

^ u just need to all ppl (except tanks) stand in one place and all sticky resin are spawn in there...

Quote Originally Posted by yakuz View Post
    ^ u just need to all ppl (except tanks) stand in one place and all sticky resin are spawn in there...
    When people are kiting the adds the resin might spawn on the outside an they might be unable to get it, so a hunter can run out and grab it and bring it back to the stack point.

on Heroic Sha, Deterrence works on Huddle in Terror. If you use it right before the cast goes off and huddle targets you, you're unaffected. which means 1 less huddle to deal with. Particularly useful late in the fight, even though there's some amount of guesswork required to use it. Doesn't time well enough to use it on every potential huddle, but I was having plenty of success during our pulls last night to make it worthwhile to attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzles View Post
    on Heroic Sha, Deterrence works on Huddle in Terror. If you use it right before the cast goes off and huddle targets you, you're unaffected. which means 1 less huddle to deal with. Particularly useful late in the fight, even though there's some amount of guesswork required to use it. Doesn't time well enough to use it on every potential huddle, but I was having plenty of success during our pulls last night to make it worthwhile to attempt.
    Could actually be a dps increase since they get me out last since I have iron hawk on. Thanks for the tip, I should've tried that.

Also, I don't believe that your readiness resets for some reason on that fight, so don't go blowing it just to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Could actually be a dps increase since they get me out last since I have iron hawk on. Thanks for the tip, I should've tried that.

Also, I don't believe that your readiness resets for some reason on that fight, so don't go blowing it just to use it.
    Readiness doesnt' reset, though every other one of our cooldowns seems to. We also noticed that cooldowns aren't reset immediately upon zoning into phase 2, there's a 2-3 second lag, so if you have cooldowns up (which we generally always do), you can use them and have them reset almost immediately. For us hunters this basically amounts to only rapid fire since he starts off too far away to pop off an extra stampede, which isn't a huge gain necessarily, but it's something.

Would love any other hunter tips for this. We're consistently wiping around 10%, which is mostly due to either a) getting behind on adds and it snowballing or b) people getting antsy and throwing the ball too soon, which essentially equates to extra ball tosses and add delays.

I've been conc shotting the add closest to the ballholder to try and get the adds as clumped as possible for aoe, and seemed like that was having a positive effect last night. Slows work, but group slows when they're spread apart just seem to keep them spread apart. :x

Readiness doesnt' reset, though every other one of our cooldowns seems to. We also noticed that cooldowns aren't reset immediately upon zoning into phase 2, there's a 2-3 second lag, so if you have cooldowns up (which we generally always do), you can use them and have them reset almost immediately. For us hunters this basically amounts to only rapid fire since he starts off too far away to pop off an extra stampede, which isn't a huge gain necessarily, but it's something.

Would love any other hunter tips for this. We're consistently wiping around 10%, which is mostly due to either a) getting behind on adds and it snowballing or b) people getting antsy and throwing the ball too soon, which essentially equates to extra ball tosses and add delays.

I've been conc shotting the add closest to the ballholder to try and get the adds as clumped as possible for aoe, and seemed like that was having a positive effect last night. Slows work, but group slows when they're spread apart just seem to keep them spread apart. :x
    We've had a 1% wipe. I can't really think of anything else for this fight though, sorry.

Barrage for more add dps, explosive trap over BA due to aoe damage, make sure the adds always goes through Sha for the added cleave dmg from AOE... It's quite simple, really :/.

For Sha of Fear Heroic -
    H- get a mod called "Dread Spray VR" - it will show you where the safe zones are (there is another similar mod but it doesn't appear to be as reliable)
    H- DBM also has a Dread Spray option - but it involves memorizing a starting position for each platform and then you just move once when directed to by DBM - see here for map - not as confusing as it seems once you become familiar with the patterns.

Main post updated through this post

If I missed something you posted, just let me know.
    Last edited by Bellatrex-Saga; 2013-02-06 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    Lei Shi:
    Drop a Snake Trap during Hide. It decreases her Hide times alot.
    Not sure why, but we got every hide done with <10sec.
    well, hide breakes after a set amount of attacks (not damage), so if every snake attack counts, then it actually does a very good job in getting lei shi out.

Man I knew there was a reason to check this thread out again, this is goooood. Worst case, you can grab every other huddle, which is just awesome (with CTHC of course!).
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    Lei Shi:
    Drop a Snake Trap during Hide. It decreases her Hide times alot.
    Not sure why, but we got every hide done with <10sec.
    Dang, only been using Explosive Traps, I'll give this a shot too from now on hehe.

I've had no luck with Entrapment on Tsulong, am I the only one?
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2013-02-07 at 11:01 AM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post

I've had no luck with Entrapment on Tsulong, am I the only one?
    I think a lot of hunters in this thread must be 10 man raiders...for the most part myself and the other hunter in my 25 man guild don't have to CC or trap much - the only one we do this tier is frost traps on Protector adds. We both stayed BM for Tsulong and we started out dropping frost and explo (glyphed) traps, but they just weren't needed with all the other stuff going on in 25 man raids. We do use traps in the day phase though.

Another example is Lei Shi - the other hunter and I are scary fog soakers. I never bother dropping a trap during hide since the soakers need to be quite far from her when she comes back up. I just worry about being out of the way so my stack refreshes.

I think if I do this thread next tier I'll denote 10 or 25 on some of the tips just to clarify since strats and expectations can vary between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by bellatrex View Post
    I think a lot of hunters in this thread must be 10 man raiders...for the most part myself and the other hunter in my 25 man guild don't have to CC or trap much - the only one we do this tier is frost traps on Protector adds. We both stayed BM for Tsulong and we started out dropping frost and explo (glyphed) traps, but they just weren't needed with all the other stuff going on in 25 man raids. We do use traps in the day phase though.

Another example is Lei Shi - the other hunter and I are scary fog soakers. I never bother dropping a trap during hide since the soakers need to be quite far from her when she comes back up. I just worry about being out of the way so my stack refreshes.

I think if I do this thread next tier I'll denote 10 or 25 on some of the tips just to clarify since strats and expectations can vary between the two.
    My entrapment was fickle on tsulong. Not sure why.

Entrapment works on day adds, but not night. They can't be rooted or snared in night phase, but can be stunned/knocked back/gripped.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    Entrapment works on day adds, but not night. They can't be rooted or snared in night phase, but can be stunned/knocked back/gripped.
    Ya I was referring to the day ones, I was dropping my Ice Traps on the adds that spawn on the sides and just wasn't working (I made sure I was survival this time too!). Maybe I was just tired-_-.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho