Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glenjemin View Post
    The irony....then how would you not know that several people have already done this???
    If memory serves right it was over a different issue was it not I think cory was mentioned as one of the devs tweeted. But still if the devs have said nothing my point still stands.

I've seen someone link that they got the galleon mount after a kill, but he could have gotten the item link from the dungeon journal.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    How can you prove that something DOESN'T EXIST? Double negative won't work. Let's try to reverse this. PROVE IT EXISTS. ONE SINGLE ARMORY LINK.
    That was a spelling error on my part. It should read lack of evidence of its existence - meaning with all the tools we have so far we have not seen any evidence to suggest this item exists/has dropped in game.

You are laying down the burden of proof on other players which is fair enough, but the burden of proof should not be on us but on an official reply from blizzard. They can simply state if its in the game or not. Why they have not done so if theres been so much activity on the subject I can't say. Anything else on that is pure speculation.

if the sha mount is the black cloud serpent then it's all over my server illidan. i have not seen the galleon mount though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Even if 10k people has been aware of this thread, 10k people is incredibly small portion of wow playerbase. Cmon guys.

There is nothing that really forces us to believe that mounts are not lootable.
    Your reasoning is that in 10K no one knows anyone or is incapable of knowing anyone in the realm that have the mounts?
    Your train of thought is that everyone just look at their own armory and hence only if they own themselves they would throw it here?

Well, I guess you missed the plethora of people saying the friend of their cousins got it. And yet no Armory Link to those cousin's friends.

Quote Originally Posted by preposterous View Post
    if the sha mount is the black cloud serpent then it's all over my server illidan. i have not seen the galleon mount though.
    It looks like night phase Tsulong. Has white glowy parts all over it, including wavy hair and whiskers that make it look like it's got Tyrael's wings glued to its head.

Your reasoning is that in 10K no one knows anyone or is incapable of knowing anyone in the realm that have the mounts?
    Your train of thought is that everyone just look at their own armory and hence only if they own themselves they would throw it here?

Well, I guess you missed the plethora of people saying the friend of their cousins got it. And yet no Armory Link to those cousin's friends.
    No you assumed that when someone saw someone with it they tracked that person down and found out all they could about said person. But it's real simple you want people to follow you in believing that the mount doesn't drop all you need to do is post the link to the blue post stating that it doesn't and all this will stop. Just stating that your cousin's friend works at Blizzard isn't going to cut it.

I've actually seen the Galleon mount drop on day 1 of MoP. We killed Galleon about 15 hours into release, and shortly afterwards saw someone parading their mount. Wish I had taken a screenie as proof, but I guess you'll have to take my word for it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    It looks like night phase Tsulong. Has white glowy parts all over it, including wavy hair and whiskers that make it look like it's got Tyrael's wings glued to its head.
    hmm. i think it's just the normal onyx that i'm c'ing. idk i really haven't messed with cloud serpents this xpac. I don't really care for them

Just a quick update.

In the interest of fair play and doing some looking i've sent some tweets to some wow devs just hoping I get a reply

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    That was a spelling error on my part. It should read lack of evidence of its existence - meaning with all the tools we have so far we have not seen any evidence to suggest this item exists/has dropped in game.

You are laying down the burden of proof on other players which is fair enough, but the burden of proof should not be on us but on an official reply from blizzard. They can simply state if its in the game or not. Why they have not done so if theres been so much activity on the subject I can't say. Anything else on that is pure speculation.
    They don't need. The mounts not dropping is well-established. All they could do is to explain THE CAUSE. What we need is players that just to think they are different and don't go together with the masses, to stop spreading false reasons on why the mounts are dropping, and all of this discussions are just trolling, by some revolted people because they couldn't have the rares.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sylonaz View Post
    I've actually seen the Galleon mount drop on day 1 of MoP. We killed Galleon about 15 hours into release, and shortly afterwards saw someone parading their mount. Wish I had taken a screenie as proof, but I guess you'll have to take my word for it :P
    Once again, that Mushan is not the mount.

A friend of mine got the Alani mount, but couldnt use it because he didnt have cloud serpent to exalted (for the sloud serpent riding skill) and didnt have August Celestials to exalted (not sure why Alani requires this as well)

As the Sha mount also requires Cloud Serpent Riding, I would not be surprised if someone got it but couldnt use it.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by preposterous View Post
    There is a difference between the "Heavenly Onyx" mount everyone is discussing and the Onyx mount from reaching exalted with Shado Pan. See here:

warcraftmounts.com/mounts/heavenlyonyxcloudserpent.php

warcraftmounts.com/mounts/onyxcloudserpent.php

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    WOAH hold your horses, we have a internet tough guy right here ! Yeah because I need to come to an internet forum to lie, Im such a liar you know.
    You said:
    have seen both drop on azralon-us
    And then you said
    Saw someone riding it early this expansion. Im gonna ask my guildies tonight about it. I dont think Im mistaken, ill look up for it, maybe I can find an armory link or something.

And the Sha one I remember from the guy linking it and not being able to use or ride it because he had no rep.
    So you DID lie when you said you "have seen both drop", because quite in the opposite, you have not seen even one of it drop. So obviously the internet tough guy right here was right all along.
    This is the problem, obviously it seems very appealing to people to come to an internet forum to lie. I do not assume to see you back in the thread with some charname.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    There's a recorded drop on Wowhead, from 2000 recorded kills
    That gives it a 0.05% drop chance

The predicted drop chance is 0.01%

Not enough kills have been submitted to Wowhead for anyone to make any kind of statistical claim, it is very likely that the mount exists but the people who have got it were not running the wowhead uploader
    Now that most people outgear Sha, the mount is the only reason to run him in the first place!

Galleon drops are even less likely to be recorded because kills are even less frequent.
    Wowhead lists every drop as occurring precisely once. Because of how the Sha/Galleon loot tables work, very little actually drops from the boss, just the Claw of Anger from the Sha.

Everything else is deposited directly into player bags, something the Wowhead client can't track very accurately.

Just look at something else that uses the same system, like an LFR boss. Tsulong for LFR is recorded as dropping everything -2 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    you guys are asking screenshots and wowhead has one. Someone said it was model viewer or something, but how do you know?
    They dont... they would rather complain and call malfeasance on Blizzard. It's my opinion that for all of you that are convinced that it doesn't exist on a live server is PROVE IT, incontrovertibly.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    You said:

And then you said

So you DID lie when you said you "have seen both drop", because quite in the opposite, you have not seen even one of it drop. So obviously the internet tough guy right here was right all along.
    This is the problem, obviously it seems very appealing to people to come to an internet forum to lie. I do not assume to see you back in the thread with some charname.
    Azralon people is what we call "Curíntia". They have the need to be noticed no matter the reason and the means. If someone is wasting time talking about them, they think it make them awesome.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it doesn't drop it's because they don't want it to drop. They would have noticed if nobody in any Sha/Galleon group has ever gotten the mount. Then they would have fixed it unless they had a reason not to.

Once again, that Mushan is not the mount.
    That Mushan is the size of a raid boss, runs twice as fast as any ground mount and can't stop. It's difficult to even recognize that there's someone riding the thing, since it dwarfs even a tauren to the extent that the player looks like a wart on the thing's back. In short, it looks and acts nothing like a real mount, and if anything would be more likely to be mistaken for a quest event than a Son of Galleon to anyone who wasn't legally blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    They dont... they would rather complain and call malfeasance on Blizzard. It's my opinion that for all of you that are convinced that it doesn't exist on a live server is PROVE IT, incontrovertibly.
    OK, Challenge accepted. Now explain to me how to prove something doesn't exist, and I'll be glad to deliver.