Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgromir View Post
    Those pictures can have easily been taken on private servers or using another 3rd party program, the linked topic says that a site that scans the entire armory, using blizzard's API, hasnt found a single one of this mount.

So basicly, the sha has been looted by millions of people, yet nobody has ever looted the mount.
    That makes the OP believe the mount might not be obtainable at all.

Why yes, those pictures could have been taken on a private server, but, given that the pictures exist its up to OP and those that agree with him to PROVE that they were taken somewhere other than a live server, or, provide something from a blue saying that they in fact do NOT exist on Live. Certainly that would be easy enough for those claiming they dont exist to provide, dont you think?

Simply prove they dont exist.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    They dont... they would rather complain and call malfeasance on Blizzard. It's my opinion that for all of you that are convinced that it doesn't exist on a live server is PROVE IT, incontrovertibly.
    How ironic that not one of the 3 screenshots on Wowhead has a player riding the mount much less, players who would LOVE to boast that would also allow you to see their name...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I keep seeing post saying they have "seen it" Where is the proof?
    Where's the incontrovertible proof they don't exist?

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Those are regarded as fakes.
    They could very well be from PTR... The submitters of the SP's have very little contribution records on Wowhead.
    Prove they are fakes...

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Prove they are fakes...
    Prove that unicorns with bat wings and snake tails do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Prove that unicorns with bat wings and snake tails do not exist.
    Yeah... I'll just add Seranthor to my increasing ignore list. Obvious troll is obvious.

Where's the incontrovertible proof they don't exist?[COLOR="red"]
    Not one armory link to anyone who has either mount. And websites that comb the Armory can't find anyone with either mount.

Prove they are fakes...
    you're using the Russel's Teapot theory to prove existence, I could claim that there was a teapot in orbit of the planet and show a picture of a teapot photoshopped over a space background. It doesn't mean that it is true. http:[I can't post links!]//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russel%27s_teapot Until there is solid proof that the mounts drop, we will continue to believe that they aren't on Live.

Russell wrote that if he claims that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, it is nonsensical for him to expect others to believe him on the grounds that they cannot prove him wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Yeah... I'll just add Seranthor to my increasing ignore list. Obvious troll is obvious.
    Right so the Blizzard always does something wrong so this must be one more example of that and I'll just ignore any other possible explanation isn't a case of obvious trolling?

I personally haven't seen one/know anyone that does.. would be interesting if there would be some proof at least to the Sha one, it's been killed a thousand times over across all servers. Galleon I could see having an explainable rarity.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Prove they are fakes...
    You can't prove they don't exist, that doesn't even make sense, we'd need to be able to see the wow code for that.

You can however prove they DO exist very easily just one armory link out of the 10million players with either mount proves it does exist, since no one has done so since the start of MoP it seems far more plausible that some bug or error has caused them to not be able to drop. If I had to guess maybe because sha awards loot rather than drops it, works the same way coins rolls do, and you cant win mounts from those (ala elegon)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    That Mushan is the size of a raid boss, runs twice as fast as any ground mount and can't stop. It's difficult to even recognize that there's someone riding the thing, since it dwarfs even a tauren to the extent that the player looks like a wart on the thing's back. In short, it looks and acts nothing like a real mount, and if anything would be more likely to be mistaken for a quest event than a Son of Galleon to anyone who wasn't legally blind.
    While it is bigger and can't stop, you can still target it and it will show the player's frame, so you can identify it's a player and thus people think it's a mount.

It does look like a mount, just bigger, but "raid boss size" is pretty vague. Just because it doesn't stop doesn't make people think any differently when they see it. They'd be likely to think that person is just passing through, or running in circles as people usually do. A few of the people who have claimed they saw it have also stated that they either saw it in Valley of the Four Winds, or more specifically Halfhill. That's because you can only use it in that zone.

Just because you would know better about it not being the mount doesn't mean other people would think the same. They see someone riding a mushan, they think it's Galleon's mount (if they're aware of its existence).

The amount of false reporting of these mounts is dam high!

Quote Originally Posted by Honstandra View Post
    you're using the Russel's Teapot theory to prove existence, I could claim that there was a teapot in orbit of the planet and show a picture of a teapot photoshopped over a space background. It doesn't mean that it is true. http:[I can't post links!]//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russel%27s_teapot Until there is solid proof that the mounts drop, we will continue to believe that they aren't on Live.

Russell wrote that if he claims that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, it is nonsensical for him to expect others to believe him on the grounds that they cannot prove him wrong.
    This guy gets it, we need a conclusive armory link, the only irrefutable proof that they can drop.

Does the armoury show for when the mount is in your bag, unlearnt? If it's rare, and the people who won didn't have Cloud Serpent riding, what then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Not one armory link to anyone who has either mount. And websites that comb the Armory can't find anyone with either mount.
    Only thing that proves, to use a loose definition of the word "proof," is that the mounts aren't showing up on the armory. The armory has had enough bugs in its time for me to question its use as the ultimate, unimpeachable source of knowledge that it's being set up as here.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Does the armoury show for when the mount is in your bag, unlearnt? If it's rare, and the people who won didn't have Cloud Serpent riding, what then?
    Careful that kind of logic and free thinking is frowned upon in this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Then they'd probably do the quests for like a week to get exalted and learn it. Unless every single person who ever got it decided -not- to do this, this still isn't an answer to the big question here.

Deleted
    Dont try to turn this into another "god debate". This is entirely different thing. We should expect that those mounts do drop from bosses, unless proven otherwise. No one need to prove that they drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    OK, Challenge accepted. Now explain to me how to prove something doesn't exist, and I'll be glad to deliver.
    Well... you could start by proving that the evidence of their existence is faked... as in prove the pictures are from a source other than a live server... certainly, if you are claiming they dont exist you have to resolve that fact first. Then you probably could provide something from a Blizzard employee saying that they dont drop... I'd accept that as proof they dont exist.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by glenjemin View Post
    How ironic that not one of the 3 screenshots on Wowhead has a player riding the mount much less, players who would LOVE to boast that would also allow you to see their name...
    Actually I'd have to say you are blind as a bat... because in one of them you can clearly see someone riding one with a bow on their back... hence I suspect its a hunter... and given the build of the character I'd say its a male orc... but... again... prove they dont exist...

Deleted
    Well... you could start by proving that the evidence of their existence is faked... as in prove the pictures are from a source other than a live server... certainly, if you are claiming they dont exist you have to resolve that fact first. Then you probably could provide something from a Blizzard employee saying that they dont drop... I'd accept that as proof they dont exist.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 12:05 PM ----------

Actually I'd have to say you are blind as a bat... because in one of them you can clearly see someone riding one with a bow on their back... hence I suspect its a hunter... and given the build of the character I'd say its a male orc... but... again... prove they dont exist...
    This guy nailed it.