Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    In HoN winning was often a matter of being able to coax defeatist teammates back into the game. People would often want to go afk when mid lane didn't win even if the other 2 lanes did. Doing that wasn't too difficult, though, the conversation was usually something like this: "gg noob mid i afk cc 15" "If you don't want to play, just leave the game or I'll have to report you" "lol noob like i give a fuck about your reports retard" >>> the guy resumes playing after 30 seconds of mutinously occupying the fountain.

Which was kind of funny considering HoN allowed you to leave a shitton of games without a consequence, but still people would rather "afk" their games.
    Isnt that because if you leave your teammate are gonna feed with your hero which tanks your k/d/a?
    Never played HoN, but thats what I heard

Btw if anyone needs keys or you know someone who need keys talk to this bot
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/dota2bot
    You can also dump your keys here
    Last edited by Enkidulgaa; 2013-02-07 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Isnt that because if you leave your teammate are gonna feed with your hero which tanks your k/d/a?
    Never played HoN, but thats what I heard
    Oh yeah, I don't know how I could forget about that. The idea of your teammates feeding with your hero was way too terrible for most players which was why nobody actually left games. I suppose a lot could be said for and against built-in public stats and concede option, but my experience with HoN is more than enough to make me hate them. But like I said before, a 5-man stack should be allowed to forfeit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I'm still new to the game so this question might seem a little dumb or something .

What's the stance on Tango's vs Healing Salves?
    I know the main differences but actually putting them into practice and comparing them in my head doesn't seem to work. Is one flat out better than the other? Which role/classes suit stacking one over the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Okay so I'm still new to the game so this question might seem a little dumb or something .

I know the main differences but actually putting them into practice and comparing them in my head doesn't seem to work. Is one flat out better than the other? Which role/classes suit stacking one over the other?
    Honestly I think its personal choice, on some hereos I get both- 1 purchase of each aka 3 tangos and 1 salve- regardless of enemy team make up, some times it depends heavily on the enemy team make up. Lots of nukes w/ aggrisve hero's, salves all the way. Harrasing heros with nukes, both, harrasing heros (WR, Lane Silly, Necro, etc) double up tangos or tango and salve. Thats just me, and I'm in no way pro, but for me this opening item strat works, though it requires me to play till late game do to necessity of farm.

Well, the upsides of Salve is that it gives you slightly more healing per gold, reduces downtime on lane if you take lots of damage but survive and can heal you up quickly if you're juking or escaping.The downsides are that you need to retreat use it or risk it being broken on damage and that part of the healing may be wasted if you're missing less than ~400 health and trying to save it can get you killed.

Especially if you're going to be playing against a dangerous lane I'd recommend mostly buying Tangos, because keeping yourself at full health at all times is the best way to keep yourself alive while soaking damage until you're low enough to use your Salve can be fairly risky. Tangos also enable you to cut trees for juke paths, but if you take lots of damage, you will have to retreat for much longer time if you only have Tangos to heal yourself with.

Well, I worded that pretty poorly but you'll get the general idea. If in doubt, just buy both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus im on a massive losing skid, only 7 loss then a win now 5 losses and i even went godlike in 3 of those games grrr!

Anyone think WD sceptor is just a bit powerful compared to most upgrades it gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Anyone think WD sceptor is just a bit powerful compared to most upgrades it gives?
    inb4 tiny ;p

no he is not, b/c he's fragile, he needs bkb/shadow blade to get most of his ult not to mention he needs to land Maledict to inflict actual damage.
    and even then he needs his teammates to pump more damage and actually occupy enemy team to pull off the most of his Ult's duration.

Deleted

One of each, (almost) always. Having a mix of regen is valuable even if you think you know what kind of damage you will be up against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    no he is not, b/c he's fragile, he needs bkb/shadow blade to get most of his ult not to mention he needs to land Maledict to inflict actual damage.
    and even then he needs his teammates to pump more damage and actually occupy enemy team to pull off the most of his Ult's duration.

you can pretty much ignore maledict at that point and if you drop is smart you will just wipe out their entire team in 5 seconds, couple that with bkb and its just crazy

Tangos > regeneration/sustain for surviving consistent damage lanes.
    Pots > burst healing to mend burst lanes.

Against lanes that can spam nukes/harass, typically any ranged nuke support combination, tangos are better because you can farm while you heal through their constant damage. Against lanes with burst damage that can't be repeated (sven), pots are better because you can heal QUICKLY after they blow their combo and take control of the lane when they are out of mana. Both of these points are largely irrelevant after about 3 minutes of gameplay and the choice is not a big impact on the game by any means.

you can pretty much ignore maledict at that point and if you drop is smart you will just wipe out their entire team in 5 seconds, couple that with bkb and its just crazy
    depending on the enemy team skill, I more often then not find SB better than bkb, but also both never herts. SB works a bit better early game for coming out of shadows w/ a maledict then stun and some auto attacks, and works well into later game, instead of using it to position well, drop ward and SB. Focus goes from you to oh shit now who do we attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Tangos > regeneration/sustain for surviving consistent damage lanes.
    Pots > burst healing to mend burst lanes.

Against lanes that can spam nukes/harass, typically any ranged nuke support combination, tangos are better because you can farm while you heal through their constant damage. Against lanes with burst damage that can't be repeated (sven), pots are better because you can heal QUICKLY after they blow their combo and take control of the lane when they are out of mana. Both of these points are largely irrelevant after about 3 minutes of gameplay and the choice is not a big impact on the game by any means.
    Just get one of each. I've never really had a situation where I needed 2 salves without having made a dumb mistake.

Sometimes having 2 or even 3 sets of tangos can be valuable if you know you're going to get harassed a ton (such as Anti-Fun Silencer.)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Rubick Rubick Rubick Rubick Rubick Rubick Rubick!
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    <3
    Prefer the eleven curses set. Actually bought that yesterday because it looked too good to not have. Just bought the sandking skin too since there is finally a damn skin for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Prefer the eleven curses set. Actually bought that yesterday because it looked too good to not have. Just bought the sandking skin too since there is finally a damn skin for him.
    im still waiting for this one
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=111477503
    sword is not that good so i would swap it for
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=110960469

for some god knows only reason i have 22 copies of dota 2 so if anyone would like a copy send me a pm with your steam id thanks

If anyone would like a person to play with PM me. I don't nerd rage, don't care if we lose but I do my best to contribute towards a win, and mostly play support. I also have a couple keys laying around as well.

any one from poland here? im looking for a 5th member for stack as team rating is live