Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    [ALL RIGHT GUYS IT'S GETTING DOWN TO THE FINAL FEW HOURS BEFORE IT'S REVEALED, TIME TO PUT YOUR PREDICTION IN NOW

My money is on 8.5
    hahahahahaha! you, as a hater, are wishing.

i guess i'll say like 9.8. that's as low as i go.

Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    Someone should make an intrade bet each conference call for predictions
    I already made a prediction on the official forums that there will be a 500 000 drop, but Blizzard deleted the thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to bet that WoW lost ALL THE SUBS!... Am I doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm going to bet that WoW lost ALL THE SUBS!... Am I doing it right?
    Would that it were true. Then we'd have some progress MAYBE...

8.8 mil and going down

Quote Originally Posted by Nimitzles View Post
    It will be down mainly due to the fact that 10man raiding guilds now make up over 80% of the raiding guilds and do nothing to contribute to realm communities like 25 man raiding guilds. There is a reason why realms like Kazzak EU are thriving, because 25 man raiding guilds still have a strong presence there.

With that being said MoP is much better then cataclysm but because blizzard fucked over 25 man raiding its just gonna go downhill.
    I feel we have a strong community and we have 2 25 man guilds on Alliance side, but I play on Horde and we have 0 25s yet, there are tons of people on and about. Friendly chat throughout the day, PuGs, people available or Sha all the time, people grouping fro dailies, and so on. 15 additional people in an instance do not add to the community.

Part of the problem is lazy people who would rather not interact with others. Part of the problem is internet ass hats you make it undesirable for others to ant to interact. The last part is the quality of life features, partially goes hand in hand with the lazy players for the LFD/randoms part, but you can log on and get your stuff done in an hour and log off. No longer do you need to grind out for hours, days, or weeks just do do stuff and hope you have enough in the guild or hope for server people to help out.

It's a double edged sword. I think it is better personally. I haven't progressed this fast with as little time, by that I mean gathering mats for raiding and capping valor. We still have roughly the same amount of pulls per boss from the first pull of normal MV to the first kill of H Sha as we did for any other previous expansion with HM/heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    NO! They lost two subs and they are obviously a dying game now and we should all abandon ship!

I predict something between -500k to +500k
    RIGHT! And if they gain subs it's because of all the accounts botters and chinese gold farmers are making!

Deleted
    It will be pretty equal or a slight loss, US/EU has gone down a lot, Asia will compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    Nah there pumping out content fast enough now i would say more like a 10 to 10.5 million gain if not more if they keep content updated.
    Or they finally figured out how to get out content faster without having to have patch with raids/dungeons every time. This is something they have been shooting for for a long time. After Vanilla, each patch was pretty much a raid patch. So all that content had to be held up until the raid was ready. We say with 4.1 that FL was not ready so the gave us ZA/ZG. The plan for MoP was to go live with raids/dungeons, patch story dailies, additional stuff, then a raid patch. This way they can keep content coming at a faster pace.

I think the subs will stay the same or rise a little bit. MoP is a really awesome expansion.

If they've gained subs it's obviously only bots and cheaters, and if they lose subs, it's because "HAHA BLIZZ R SO BAYD!!1!"

This forum is fucking stupid.

I'm curious to see what will happen. I'm guessing a slight drop of subs; prob -700k. I think that the content really just isn't that good personally. It is a lot better than 4.3 was that's for sure. There are a lot (i'm not speaking for the community just from what i've read on message boards and such) of players that were turned off bigtime by pandaren's and pandaria. A lot of players made comments about farmville this and pokeman that. It's to each their own. I still enjoy the game but there is always going to be stuff I personally don't like that others love. It's just how the game is.

Content will always drive some players away but it will also entice new players to start playing. It just really comes down to blizzard enticing more new players than the amount leaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in the past they have already ruled that Chinese players aren't real people..
    So it wouldn't surprise me if WoW-fans aren't real people either!

The best of threads and moments like this is that they bring out all the usual trolls.
    The downside ofcourse being that I cannot name them that
    Honestly is some mouthbreather makes a "Herp WoW is dying derp derp" thread, the mods are going to have to disable my account for a day or 2 or I'm going to flip shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Or they finally figured out how to get out content faster without having to have patch with raids/dungeons every time. This is something they have been shooting for for a long time. After Vanilla, each patch was pretty much a raid patch. So all that content had to be held up until the raid was ready. We say with 4.1 that FL was not ready so the gave us ZA/ZG. The plan for MoP was to go live with raids/dungeons, patch story dailies, additional stuff, then a raid patch. This way they can keep content coming at a faster pace.
    Quality>Quantity. People don't want dailies as content. The sooner Blizzard recognizes this the better. If people were all gungho and fired up for fucking dailies then they wouldn't have been bored in the past. Dailies have existed since the dawn of fucking time and they didn't stop anyone from being bored before.

As an aside and not related to the above, this forum has so many cheerleaders it's funny. They caricature every "hater" but don't realize that they themselves come across equally as clownish when they make comparisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in the past they have already ruled that Chinese players aren't real people..

The best of threads and moments like this is that they bring out all the usual trolls.
    The downside ofcourse being that I cannot name them that
    I'm a Night Elf, I don't play Humans
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    No need to close servers, thats what CRZ is for. All they need to do is design and implement new tech that makes it so your seeing ppl from other servers more often and even letting cross realm guilds and cross realm raiding. Then you wont have to close servers and you can mask it behind you wanting to expand on CRZ and not the fact that there is less ppl playing.
    CRZ was not intended to solve low pop server problems. They were to fill low pop zones. Let me ask you, did you ever play EQ after the third of fourth expansion? If you did, you know there was no one in any of the non level capped zones ever. In a game that required you to be in groups to progress, this made things impossible and very lonely. WoW does not require you to be in a group to level, but it can still be very lonely and depressing not seeing any one else until you hit OL and then it's all DKs. CRZ was put in to give old emptier zones more life and that is all. Blizzard has stated this and refutes your claim.

I'll throw my 2 cents in here. I'm thinking at least 300k-500k.

I usually don't really care about sub numbers, but here lately I've become an altoholic because I'm uninterested/frustrated in the 90/MoP thing right now. I have become seriously frustrated with the not enough resources/not enough mobs to kill/CRZ thing in the lower level zones. So many level 90's/bots farming ore and herbs it's been a struggle just to try and level professions while leveling. I have come to detest CRZ. I know not everyone dislikes CRZ but I also know many do so I'm thinking it might have an impact on numbers. I seriously hope Blizzard has plans to fix this somehow. Bump up spawn rates or something.

I'm not trying to add to or start a flame war about CRZ. I'm just stating my personal opinion on why I think subs will drop.
    Last edited by Honeyprime; 2013-02-08 at 06:08 AM.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I think the subs will stay the same or rise a little bit. MoP is a really awesome expansion.
    So if subs are down can I then infer MoP is crap? Why is it okay to infer MoP is a success if subs stay the same or rise but not okay to infer it's a failure is subs dip?

/10chars

I can't speak for everyone, but to claim they aren't real people is absolute hyperbole on either your part, or the people you see making such claims. It isn't that chinese players aren't real people, it is that you will never play with them. Their sub numbers should not even count to the individual for that very reason. The same goes for the US vs EU players.

These subscription numbers shouldn't matter to the every day player, as you'll never see half these people.