Poll: How do you feel about conquering other lands?

10+ Year Old Account

Conquering Lands

Let's say we all go back to this method of conquering lands and integrating(or forcing in this case) people to a set culture. Would you be for or against it or would you not really care at all what happens? Now for everyone reading this the said conqueror will be whatever nation you affiliate yourself with.

Such methods will follow such as:

- Destroying all remnants of said country and any man-made landmarks which made it famous or historic
    - Language
    - Currency
    - Any others that would be obvious

As to why I'm asking this for anyone who wants to know. I'm simply curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Against it!

Unless it is Canada.

I would be against it because it would probably lead to another World War.

As long as it isn't the United States.

I frankly don't care what other nations do with their militaries. You want to go to war with your neighbor because you think you can defeat them. Have at it!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nope! I think WWII was the end imperialism and lets keep it that way!
    Last edited by Ave07; 2013-02-07 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Is there really a topic with the poll question being "Are you a psychopath who is advocating the destruction of cultural heritage?"
    Are we not where we are today because of this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Are we not where we are today because of this?
    Sure. Just like we're where we are today due to everything else that's happened in history. That doesn't mean that it's a good idea going forward, or even ethical.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Well it would clearly depend on the land and society we're destroying/conquering. Also what we have to gain. If it costs me money and I don't get anything I'm not really interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Please let this be sarcastic.
    I'm really hoping everyone is sarcastic for their answers otherwise that's an entirely new issue.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Let's say we all go back to this method of conquering lands and integrating(or forcing in this case) people to a set culture. Would you be for or against it or would you not really care at all what happens? Now for everyone reading this the said conqueror will be whatever nation you affiliate yourself with.
    I don't mean to be rude by saying this, but I feel compelled to say it. I don't think anyone can even ask this question seriously without suffering from some form of sociopathy. You can only entertain it by completely lacking empathy for other human beings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the circumstances. In the large magority of cases I would say against though in some cases it can be justified.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-02-07 at 08:08 PM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    I don't mean to be rude by saying this, but I feel compelled to say it. I don't think anyone can even ask this question seriously without suffering from some form of sociopathy. You can only entertain it by completely lacking empathy for other human beings.
    I'm curious and it's just a hypothetical question. I take no offense by what you're saying or implying about me because the question is a bit weird but it's just curiosity.

Deleted
    For around 60 thousand of years, no one conquered anything (If we take Homo neanderthalensis out of consideration) and everything went fine.

Then out of the blue mankind started destroying each other, cultures got adapted, by both sides. We shaped the world with conflicts over and over, I guess its enough.

If cultures and heritages change, please let it be because of cultural exchange, not conquering.

- Destroying all remnants of said country and any man-made landmarks which made it famous or historic
    - Language

This two points should make it obvious, does really someone think we need to wipe out our history ? Language ? If someone really thinks, that this is the way, I pity him.

And if someone really thinks,

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Against, frankly, I find it barbaric. Unless they are truly living a messed up lifestyle with a genocidal society, for instance, but I think they'd want us to help them, so.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I voted I don't give a damn, but I'm not in a very empathetic mood today so maybe tomorrow I will think I was being a bit cold.

I don't see the point? It's not like doing that would benefit me in any way, and there is a chance someone would try to take over my country?

Cons: People trying to attack my country.
    Pros: None.

How do people come up with these thoughts? Whenever I see a thread like this, I hope it doesn't really reflect the thoughts, morality and mindset of the general public and remind myself that this is a gamer forum primarly - where people have a chance to voice their thoughts who have been primarly socialized by warfare computer games and sitting in the basement for prolonged periods of time.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-02-07 at 08:49 PM.