Ele Weapon/Enchant Question

First of all, I'm ms resto, but I go ele for a few fights. I just got http://www.wowhead.com/item=90527 for resto, but I use windsong for resto instead of jade spirit. I'm currently using http://www.wowhead.com/item=86893 for ele, with the gem, and of course jade spirit. So I was wondering if it would be better to use the dagger for ele despite trading jade spirit for windsong since the dagger ends up with a little over 700 more SP, and since I have the heroic OH from feng, I would also get about 120 more int.

What do you guys think?

What he said ^ idk why you don't use jade spirit as resto in the first place.
    do what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    What he said ^ idk why you don't use jade spirit as resto in the first place.
    I read a post a little while ago that showed that windsong was better for resto than jade spirit. The person gave pretty good math to back it up. I don't remember if it was after the RPPM change or not though.

I haven't seen any math recently though that has shown jade spirit to be inherently better than windsong for resto though. That combined with my personal experience with Jade spirit in the past, means that I'm unlikely to change back to jade spirit for resto.

So, I guess I pose my original question again.
    Last edited by themaster24; 2013-02-07 at 09:38 PM.

I MS enhance and OS resto, but I am a firm believer in Windsong for Resto Shaman. Jade Spirit is mostly a throughput proc, with it only being a mana regen proc when you are at low mana. Windsong's 1500 crit is comparable to Jade Spirit's spirit mana return, except that this 1500 crit can happen whenever.. . and WILL happen more often in a fight. The mana from resurgence will be CLOSE to, if not greater than the teeny bit you get from 750 spirit.
    So IMO, there's a minuscule difference between the two from a mana regen standpoint.
    Now to the OP's Question:
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    So I was wondering if it would be better to use the dagger for ele despite trading jade spirit for windsong since the dagger ends up with a little over 700 more SP, and since I have the heroic OH from feng, I would also get about 120 more int.
    I'd say it depends on what fights you ele. Are you the 3rd healer? Who ends up being ele ALOT? or are you MS resto, who goes ele when the raid brings in different people etc.
    The dagger with the heroic OH with windsong would be better for ele than the LFR staff with jade spirit. BUT, if you spend ~1/2 your fights dps'ing and are the 3rd healer, I'd put Jade Spirit on the dagger for sure.

^ This is why I prefer being enhance/resto. :P I don't ever have this problem.
    Last edited by Swarles; 2013-02-07 at 10:50 PM.