Page 1 of 3
LastLast

HM Sha of fear final phase

Havent seen a thread on him yet (I'm sure I've just missed it). My guild is working on sha of fear hardmode 10 man progression and on our second night managed to get him to 35%. Of course it gets rougher as you go with more adds up. It sounds like 25 mans usually ignore the adds much earlier on as the chances of enough spikes to insta gib hitting one person is lower. We seem to have huddle in fear down pact but a few other mechanics seem to be giving us problems.I play a rogue personally and seem to have it easy here but im stuck at work, and sha is still alive, so i want to take back whatever i can to ensure he does not live to tomorrow!

1) Naked and afriad/dread thrash: sadly, i know it makes it harder to answer, but something about these abilities mess up our tanks pretty bad. cooldowns for thrash and taunt swaps for NaA but they talk about something between them being random and hard to predict. Both tanks usually do well and have dbm/big wigs (i think my entire guild shy of myself moved to big wigs last night). The 30% damage reducition from the ball seems like it could be helpful for dread thrash, however it would mean more raid damage from adds, we have not been using it.

2) Water spouts: They complain that by the time you actually get the debuff youve already been hit once a lot of the time, also ive even noticed taking spout damage WAY away from the actual spout (like over 10 yards from any visual effect). Any best practices with it?

3) Adds: We usually DoT up and AoE the adds a moderate amount while the boss is up, then kill them while the boss is submerged (so we dont have any standing around time usually). At about 4 adds we usually fell behind a bit, given we had one dead (myself). Also it seems our plan is to get sha to 15% then just blow healing/survival CDs and dps him down ignoring adds beyond throwing the ball.

Comp:
    Blood DK
    Prot Warrior

Resto shaman
    Holy Paladin (Can spam denounce)

Mut rogue (Can Combat)
    Evil Lock
    WW Monk (Can BM)
    Arrow Hunter
    Forced into arcane Mage (Would like to fire)
    Shadow Priest (can disc/holy)
    Balance druid (Was forgotten about)

(note: 11 person roster)
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...ses&boss=60999
    Last edited by eijin; 2013-02-07 at 06:47 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that 15% of boss hp is around 80 millions, right? That's not something you can simply dps through in few seconds, especially with Huddle and Submerge slowing you down. I mean, maybe I'm underestimating your raid and your dps'ers are absolutely insane, but just because it's "execute phase", he won't be dying that easily.

That, and typical advice would be swapping Resto Shaman with Disc Priest, for some additional Atonement DPS.

Deleted
    1) Can't really help any here as I'm not a tank.

2) It's usually not a big deal to get hit once by it, use a healthstone or personal CD to be safe. Personally I (playing a rogue) just move around constantly, the chance to get hit is very minor since the hitrange is only 2 yards or so, but I'm not sure at what exact point the spouts "tick". But being on the move in general is probably the safest way, those who can't move (people bouncing the light, healers having to heal and whatnot) just make sure they're not standing ontop of eachother and are topped off and they'll live.

3) I play 25 man so I'm not sure exactly how much HP the adds have in 10 man but from my knowledge of how we handle adds and I were to try and apply that to 10 man and your comp I'd do something along the lines of:
    1 add - multi dot only
    2 adds - multi dot only again (if it doesn't work you can always try and make sure the DK tank is able to spread diseases to the adds, or you (the rogue) can go combat). However keep in mind that since there's only so few adds it's very easy and quick to finish them off when the boss submerges. Even if the adds are around 30% HP or something.
    3 adds - multidots and passive cleaves, since you don't have DK or warrior this is where I'd either try and get the mage to be fire for spreading combustion, or the rogue being combat. Not sure how Hunters are with low amount of mobs for aoeing but I imagine they're not really shining at it. So I'd probably say go with a combat rogue here.
    4 adds - same as 3 adds
    5 adds - Hunter and Mage join in (if you decided to go with the rogue on 3 adds)
    6 adds - All DPSers on adds fulltime

I don't know how much longer the fight lasts in 10 man but if 7 adds I'd say potions on the first wave and BL (sated will have run off if you used it after the boss' first submerge (when he summons the first add)) on the second wave. After that you should hopefully be in range of just zerging the boss.

Also I want to add that you shouldn't try to burn the boss so that you get more than 2 waves of adds (since it'll be 13-14-15 adds aoeing everytime you bounce the ball, if you take a 3rd wave you'd go 20+ and that will probably end up being problematic).

In any case, the key for the dps part is just to put as few as you possibly can on the adds without falling behind, so that's why it's good to have strong classes taking care of it early on. Ideally you'd want a DK or so, since DKs are ridonculous damage with the adds. I mean if we have 3 DKs in as we go for Sha they more or less takes care of the adds on their own up to the waves of 5 begins to spawn, and the mobs have nearly 15M hp each on 25 man, so they're really powerful.

Oh and you should probably try to get the moonkin in, they're also really strong at multidotting, might save you from having to put any focus on adds when there's only 3 and dots might still be enough to take care of them. Either way, rogues do pretty good damage overall both as combat and assassination in this fight, assassination is simply stronger on the aoe part but can't really go on adds at all until 4-5 adds and up. Not to say that combat can't do okay damage on higher amounts of adds.
    And it'd probably have to be the hunter that should sit out for the moonkin.

Don't know what more I could add atm so I'll leave it at that.
    GL!

We got our first kill on Monday, but we are a 25 man.

I play a resto shaman, but from my understanding the tanks had a CD up for every dread trash, weather it be one of their own or an external like a sacrifice or pain suppression. If they didnt they had to pray for good RNG. We have 3 tanks though so I'm sure that part was a little easier.

For the waterspouts, I found as soon as you get the chat bubble above your head with "Waterspout on me" (I know DBM provides that, I dont know about BigWigs) You have to be moving and keep moving. I found that you do still take damage even if your way out of the animation so you gotta move quickly and be away from it. We had someone calling out basically when it was about to come out but people were still taking lots of damage from it, just had to heal through that first tick for alot of our slower raiders. But this seemed like it was one of the number one killers of people, they just gotta pay attention and move ASAP.

Our strategy was to DOT the first 1-3 or 4 sets I believe, then have certain ranged peel off, then all ranged, then all melee and by the later points we had our stormlashes and 2nd heroism ready to kill them faster. But burning at 15% might be too early. We did that and we felt that we started burning one wave to early, but still manage the kill.

For your tank issue - it seems random but it really isn't. (I tank this as a prot warrior)

All you need is the NaA debuff timer, I don't use dbm but the one from BigWigs is spot on. The boss does not melee when applying naked and afraid, thus if you fall into the below situation (it does happen, and I imagine this is the "random" part your tanks run into) there is a sure way to know who should pop CD's. Oh, it also should be mentioned that I always take the armor debuff, taunting before hand, and our monk does all the tanking - either way it doesn't change anything strategy wise, we could alternate and be perfectly fine.

Anyways, if your blood DK is the current tank, and the timer for NaA is <2 seconds and the boss JUST got a thrash/dread thrash buff - it is the Warrior that would need to be ready to get thrashed. The next melee swing that would have been thrash is replaced with NaA on your DK, once applied the warrior would taunt and be hit with the thrash combo. It always works that way, if the timer for NaA expires, and the boss has thrash, the new tank that taunts needs to be ready for the big hit. (One exception actually, see next paragraph)

Also, more "random" things that also happen and are controllable are situations where NaA timer expires during something else. It's a priority thing. If NaA timer expires during a submerge, the boss will come up but not apply it immediately - because he has other abilities that will take priority that are also off CD. He will Cleave / Huddle or Spout(whichever goes first) before applying it, even though the CD for NaA is up. So your current tank would need to be ready for thrashes in this situation, rather than the off-tank. Now, if both cleave/ huddle or spout(whichever goes first) are over with, and the boss is buffed with thrash, it's the offtank that will take the hit like the above paragraph mentioned, since his NaA CD is up, and he has no further abilities to take priority over NaA.

In short, if there is no submerge/cleave/spout/huddle coming off CD and NaA is <2 seconds away from coming off CD - the offtank needs CDs for thrash if the boss has it on him. If there is submerge/cleave/spout/huddle off CD, and NaA is about to be off - have your current tank pop CD's for the bosses current thrash.

It's strange, but they'll get used to it pretty quickly. The trick is knowing NaA replaces a melee swing.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You do realize that 15% of boss hp is around 80 millions, right? That's not something you can simply dps through in few seconds, especially with Huddle and Submerge slowing you down. I mean, maybe I'm underestimating your raid and your dps'ers are absolutely insane, but just because it's "execute phase", he won't be dying that easily.

That, and typical advice would be swapping Resto Shaman with Disc Priest, for some additional Atonement DPS.
    But.. but.. yeah youre probably right. that guy has wayyy too much HP. I can probably look at WoL and see how long it would take our raid to do that, of course add damage would throw this off.

But it seems like there is a considerable amount of healing going on in that final phase. You would really be able to 1 1/2 heal it? (holy pally and disc priest)

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cotech View Post
    ... GL!
    Ack, forgot about the moonkin!

water spout didnt seem to be the main cause of our wipes, but we did have a few gibs from a tick at a bad time (usually a tick of water spout + a hit or two from the adds random target spikes)

Sounds like we do similar on lust, probably could get better on add management (the first and sometimes the second die before submerge. we have the right train of thought with killing them during it but arent always doing it in practice). Probably should orgonize who switches and who doesnt.

Our hunter is a great guy, but he had a lot of questions reguarding which spec he should be last night, it sounds like he has to choose between great single target DPS and great cleave/AoE, which is situational at best :-/. Tonight it may be chosen for us, the mage wont be with us, but we may just clear HOF and MV and work on sha again sunday.

thanks for the input!

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dorac View Post
    We got our first kill on Monday, but we are a 25 man.

I play a resto shaman, but from my understanding the tanks had a CD up for every dread trash, weather it be one of their own or an external like a sacrifice or pain suppression. If they didnt they had to pray for good RNG. We have 3 tanks though so I'm sure that part was a little easier.

For the waterspouts, I found as soon as you get the chat bubble above your head with "Waterspout on me" (I know DBM provides that, I dont know about BigWigs) You have to be moving and keep moving. I found that you do still take damage even if your way out of the animation so you gotta move quickly and be away from it. We had someone calling out basically when it was about to come out but people were still taking lots of damage from it, just had to heal through that first tick for alot of our slower raiders. But this seemed like it was one of the number one killers of people, they just gotta pay attention and move ASAP.

Our strategy was to DOT the first 1-3 or 4 sets I believe, then have certain ranged peel off, then all ranged, then all melee and by the later points we had our stormlashes and 2nd heroism ready to kill them faster. But burning at 15% might be too early. We did that and we felt that we started burning one wave to early, but still manage the kill.
    Alright, it sounds like youall are having similar experiences with waterspout then. We just need to heal through the ones that tick once, no excuse for ticking twice really. It also sounds unanimous that we need to do tons and tons less work on the first few adds, actually having a set peeling order. Also the 15% thing is a bad idea :P

With add number raising up, it will probably lower our boss DPS, but from 66 to 38% (when it was established we were wiping) we still had 6 minutes on sated, im not sure we will get a 3rd lust (1 at the begining, reset with phase 2 using after first emerge and 3rd when possible). In that case i wonder if it would be better saved for the end..

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Your other tank will be tanking Sha in P2. Either Warrior or Paladin is pretty solid, warrior better. You are better off doing the Naked and Afraid dance and dps'ng adds.
    (from a monk thread)

It sounds like we have the 2 worst classes for it -.-;
    Last edited by eijin; 2013-02-07 at 07:06 PM.

Water spouts are actually quite easy to avoid. As soon as you're aware that he's casting spout, start minor movements, don't run far, or over other people, just be on the move. If you wait til bigwigs tells you waterspout on you, you're too late; you're gonna take a tick. 1 tick won't kill you of course, but its much less forgiving when there are 4+ adds up.

I feel like if you start to ignore adds and burn the boss at 15%, you're going to be overwhelmed by adds and die before you hit 5%. In our kill we popped bloodlust and started to burn as soon as he emerged at 6%, and we were able to take him out a little bit before he submerged again. Personally I wouldn't attempt a burn any higher than 7-8% or you will surely see additional submerges, huddles, and dreadspawns.

My group started making fulltime add dps the main priority around 4 adds, but we're not multidot heavy. As long as you have boss positioned such that the adds spend a large amount of time passing through the him, you'll still be able to put out plenty of damage with AoEs and cleaves. We managed to kill him between the 11th and 12 submerge.

GL. Challenging part of the fight is where you're at :P

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    But it seems like there is a considerable amount of healing going on in that final phase. You would really be able to 1 1/2 heal it? (holy pally and disc priest)
    Yes, you do. Having your healers DPS and your OT help on adds makes the fight much easier. Last week, our Disc did 59k effective DPS while our hPal did 12k effective DPS. It netted us the fastest US 10man kill.

Also, your hunter should be BM pre-Lei's Hope, SV after. SV is a ton better for adds (and not terrible single target) but BM is (slightly) more damage in p1.

Note that all of this is coming from a 25 man perspective. We typically kill him around the first pack of 8 depending on exact comp, deaths etc.

Regarding your first point, giving tanks the light is probably the bad idea. Dread thrash is very rough and you should try to have a bres available (which makes water spout deaths even more important to avoid).

Second: water spout is a debuff placed on a few people. These people will have a debuff and will get a spout underneath them, but they will also spawn spouts around them on people without the debuff. DBM won't always do the yell in my experience. If you wait for a debuff to appear it's probably too late. Everyone needs to watch their feet and be moving. I haven't noticed any issues with spout hitting outside the visual. Are you sure it's not a second spout spawning afteryou moved from one?

For adds we have multi dotters doing their thing (making sure the boss has them at all times) with specific people/groups switching on certain groups. For example, we might have a hunter switch to adds full time on the first set of 4, then on 6 all the warlocks, etc. By 7 and 8 we have the whole raid on them with melee switching after ranged.

As a mage I can give a bit of advice to yours. He should be casting nether tempest on as many adds as possible plus the boss. This will give him a ridiculous number of Arcane Missiles procs which he should then use on the boss. Glyphed Cone of Cold helps to keep the adds slowed and hits like a truck (when they come near him - he should put his rune of power along the path they take between light people).

It's also important to keep focused - even if the boss is at 10% if a group of adds doesn't die when they need to you get to spend the next 20 minutes getting back there. It seems like the later groups are a lot but with everyone on them they should still drop dead in time.
    Last edited by Scort; 2013-02-07 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzles View Post
    Water spouts are actually quite easy to avoid. As soon as you're aware that he's casting spout, start minor movements, don't run far, or over other people, just be on the move. If you wait til bigwigs tells you waterspout on you, you're too late; you're gonna take a tick. 1 tick won't kill you of course, but its much less forgiving when there are 4+ adds up.

I feel like if you start to ignore adds and burn the boss at 15%, you're going to be overwhelmed by adds and die before you hit 5%. In our kill we popped bloodlust and started to burn as soon as he emerged at 6%, and we were able to take him out a little bit before he submerged again. Personally I wouldn't attempt a burn any higher than 7-8% or you will surely see additional submerges, huddles, and dreadspawns.

My group started making fulltime add dps the main priority around 4 adds, but we're not multidot heavy. As long as you have boss positioned such that the adds spend a large amount of time passing through the him, you'll still be able to put out plenty of damage with AoEs and cleaves. We managed to kill him between the 11th and 12 submerge.

GL. Challenging part of the fight is where you're at :P
    7-8% probably sounds a good bit better. If we arent going to get a second lust in phase 2 i really wonder if we should save it. Our group has a good bit of multi DoTers so hopefully that will help us a good bit. While this part is challenging i have to admit, its pretty darn fun!

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Yes, you do. Having your healers DPS and your OT help on adds makes the fight much easier. Last week, our Disc did 59k effective DPS while our hPal did 12k effective DPS. It netted us the fastest US 10man kill.

Also, your hunter should be BM pre-Lei's Hope, SV after. SV is a ton better for adds (and not terrible single target) but BM is (slightly) more damage in p1.
    nice, ill comb the logs when i have a second. I wonder if our need for 2 full healers (and still not feeling like its enough) is based on avoidable damage. I dont know if they have been doing it or not, but its never been talked about our OT DPSing. One is a blood DK and capible of packing a punch on AoE, the other post talked about the warrior tanking and the other tank only taunting for ocasional thrashes, but it sounds like the DK seems to be better at surviving? Warrior had multiple times without one dodge/parry. insta gib :-/

ill carry on the input to the hunter. thanks!

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scort View Post
    ... but they will also spawn spouts around them on people without the debuff. DBM won't always do the yell in my experience. If you wait for a debuff to appear it's probably too late. Everyone needs to watch their feet and be moving. I haven't noticed any issues with spout hitting outside the visual. Are you sure it's not a second spout spawning afteryou moved from one?

For adds we have multi dotters doing their thing (making sure the boss has them at all times) with specific people/groups switching on certain groups. For example, we might have a hunter switch to adds full time on the first set of 4, then on 6 all the warlocks, etc. By 7 and 8 we have the whole raid on them with melee switching after ranged.

As a mage I can give a bit of advice to yours. He should be casting nether tempest on as many adds as possible plus the boss. This will give him a ridiculous number of Arcane Missiles procs which he should then use on the boss. Glyphed Cone of Cold helps to keep the adds slowed and hits like a truck (when they come near him - he should put his rune of power along the path they take between light people).

It's also important to keep focused - even if the boss is at 10% if a group of adds doesn't die when they need to you get to spend the next 20 minutes getting back there. It seems like the later groups are a lot but with everyone on them they should still drop dead in time.
    Oooo, i wonder if it has something to do with the spouts on people near the debuffed people. basically if we know its coming, everyone should keep moving. as a melee i dont think im a target for the initial debuff? Ive only been hit once ever with spout i believe, and it was nowhere near me (like over 10 yards). other complained about it. It could have been a visual error, i raid on a toaster -.-;

It looks like our mage was using nether tempest. Ill let him know about gCoC. And yeah, on other fights we've had our share of "good job guys! <1% wipe>"

Deleted
    About the tanking... we did it simple, warr and dk too. The dk tanked the boss in every moment he didn't had the naked debuff. As soon as he got it, I taunt the boss out of him. That meant that most of the time I was tanking. Each thrash was covered with a Shield Block, and each Dread Thrash with Shield Block and a major CD+20% CD. We really haven't had issues, but I reckon that if the DK gets the dread thrash, he will use his major CDs (don't really need them elsewhere) and survive it. Don't know if you were doing it different, but haven't got RNGed by it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Havent seen a thread on him yet (I'm sure I've just missed it). My guild is working on sha of fear hardmode 10 man progression and on our second night managed to get him to 35%. Of course it gets rougher as you go with more adds up. It sounds like 25 mans usually ignore the adds much earlier on as the chances of enough spikes to insta gib hitting one person is lower. We seem to have huddle in fear down pact but a few other mechanics seem to be giving us problems.I play a rogue personally and seem to have it easy here but im stuck at work, and sha is still alive, so i want to take back whatever i can to ensure he does not live to tomorrow!

1) Naked and afriad/dread thrash: sadly, i know it makes it harder to answer, but something about these abilities mess up our tanks pretty bad. cooldowns for thrash and taunt swaps for NaA but they talk about something between them being random and hard to predict. Both tanks usually do well and have dbm/big wigs (i think my entire guild shy of myself moved to big wigs last night). The 30% damage reducition from the ball seems like it could be helpful for dread thrash, however it would mean more raid damage from adds, we have not been using it.

2) Water spouts: They complain that by the time you actually get the debuff youve already been hit once a lot of the time, also ive even noticed taking spout damage WAY away from the actual spout (like over 10 yards from any visual effect). Any best practices with it?

3) Adds: We usually DoT up and AoE the adds a moderate amount while the boss is up, then kill them while the boss is submerged (so we dont have any standing around time usually). At about 4 adds we usually fell behind a bit, given we had one dead (myself). Also it seems our plan is to get sha to 15% then just blow healing/survival CDs and dps him down ignoring adds beyond throwing the ball.

Comp:
    Blood DK
    Prot Warrior

Resto shaman
    Holy Paladin (Can spam denounce)

Mut rogue (Can Combat)
    Evil Lock
    WW Monk (Can BM)
    Arrow Hunter
    Forced into arcane Mage (Would like to fire)
    Shadow Priest (can disc/holy)
    Balance druid (Was forgotten about)

(note: 11 person roster)
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8...ses&boss=60999
    1) its predictable, and has a CD timer in DBM and Big wigs, if dread thrash, N&A or Submerge come p at the same time then it gets sketchy and you just have to use your eyes and be ready for quick taunts and CDs. if your monk can go BrM i would probably suggest that since all he has to do for dread thrash is EB and Guard meaning he can eat every single dread thrash if he had to with ease, and we also do 100k dps on that fight.

2) when he casts spout everyone moves around, and no one gets hit.

3) get a system set for number of adds like dots/passive cleave onto adds till whatever add number you notice you start to fall behind on, then everyone focus adds once you get to 5 adds. pop hero at 15% is way to high. we don't pop it till 7-9% which is when your hero might be coming back up.

if you can try for your comp.

BrM monk
    prot War

disc priest
    hpally

rogue
    aff lock
    surv hunter
    arcane mage
    balance drood
    and either frost DK or ele shaman which ever of those people can play there OS better/has the better gear for it.
    Last edited by cyqu; 2013-02-07 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    About the tanking... we did it simple, warr and dk too. The dk tanked the boss in every moment he didn't had the naked debuff. As soon as he got it, I taunt the boss out of him. That meant that most of the time I was tanking. Each thrash was covered with a Shield Block, and each Dread Thrash with Shield Block and a major CD+20% CD. We really haven't had issues, but I reckon that if the DK gets the dread thrash, he will use his major CDs (don't really need them elsewhere) and survive it. Don't know if you were doing it different, but haven't got RNGed by it.
    Makes it sound easy.. When i get home ill see if either tank are on to see exactly what was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    1) its predictable, and has a CD timer in DBM and Big wigs, if dread thrash, N&A or Submerge come p at the same time then it gets sketchy and you just have to use your eyes and be ready for quick taunts and CDs. if your monk can go BrM i would probably suggest that since all he has to do for dread thrash is EB and Guard meaning he can eat every single dread thrash if he had to with ease, and we also do 100k dps on that fight.

2) when he casts spout everyone moves around, and no one gets hit.

3) get a system set for number of adds like dots/passive cleave onto adds till whatever add number you notice you start to fall behind on, then everyone focus adds once you get to 5 adds. pop hero at 15% is way to high. we don't pop it till 7-9% which is when your hero might be coming back up.
    I know when a tank got gibbed it usually was shortly after emerge, maybe they werent quick enough? Our WW can tank (Was our tank till we got the warrior), however both tanks do much much lower DPS when DPSing than he does. Without our mage tonight we will only have 10, may be possible to have one of the current tanks sit if thats what it requires.

Also it sounds like most finish him around 7-8 adds?

15+ Year Old Account
    I know when a tank got gibbed it usually was shortly after emerge, maybe they werent quick enough? Our WW can tank (Was our tank till we got the warrior), however both tanks do much much lower DPS when DPSing than he does. Without our mage tonight we will only have 10, may be possible to have one of the current tanks sit if thats what it requires.

Also it sounds like most finish him around 7-8 adds?
    yea i think our first kill we killed it on the first set of 7 adds

and also looking at your logs, on that 10:42 attempt your hunter did pretty much no add dmg, and your tanks barely touched them. hunter again should go Survival for phat AoE, and tanks when they aren't tanking should be cleaving adds as well.
    Last edited by cyqu; 2013-02-07 at 08:53 PM.

Deleted
    We have me (guardian) tanking most of the time, not sure if my blood co-tank (he's usually a decent player) is doing something wrong on this boss but he would just get wrecked when we tried trading the naked debuff.

The randomness is when he does his other casts (waterspout/huddle), sometimes those/a taunt swap will delay his swings, I've seen him stand around doing no melee for like 10 seconds.

It's also pretty random if you have a dread thrash on 5 seconds and submerge on say 7, sometimes he gets buff, submerges, uses it after emerging. Sometimes it's before the submerge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    We have me (guardian) tanking most of the time, not sure if my blood co-tank (he's usually a decent player) is doing something wrong on this boss but he would just get wrecked when we tried trading the naked debuff.

The randomness is when he does his other casts (waterspout/huddle), sometimes those/a taunt swap will delay his swings, I've seen him stand around doing no melee for like 10 seconds.

It's also pretty random if you have a dread thrash on 5 seconds and submerge on say 7, sometimes he gets buff, submerges, uses it after emerging. Sometimes it's before the submerge.
    yep just have to adapt to the situation, and get a feel for his priority system. making quick taunts and cd calls are pretty key to getting a first kill. you should be holding the cd's till you know hes not going to cast something else. you can do this by not popping the cd right as he gets the buff, but after he actually hits you with the attack that is giving him the thrash buff. he gains the thrash buff from the attack right as the swing starts, but doesnt hit you with the thrash till the next attack you have what seems like forever to wait and see whats happening.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    yea i think our first kill we killed it on the first set of 7 adds

and also looking at your logs, on that 10:42 attempt your hunter did pretty much no add dmg, and your tanks barely touched them. hunter again should go Survival for phat AoE, and tanks when they aren't tanking should be cleaving adds as well.
    Yeah on that one iirc adds were going well and it was a tank death that lead to a wipe (i wanna say we BRed earlier on in the fight -.-. After the attempt was when the hunter made the comment about him switching to surv, he said he'd lose a good bit of single target DPS doing so for the increased add DPS

As you're progressing, it's better to have too much damage on the adds rather than not enough. Once there are 3+ adds out, they should be the number one dps priority. Only when adds are dead should people be dpsing sha (and right after submerge before the adds have reached you). If you lust a second time right at the beginning of p2, you should have bloodlust again around the first wave of 7 adds, at which point he should be 8% or lower. We bloodlusted at this point (about 45 million hp) and killed him a few seconds before the next submerge.

Once you have 6 + adds, make sure you have raid cooldowns going out during the huddles. The biggest thing too that is sometimes overlooked for add damage is the grouping of the adds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT5pSVD9jRg that was our first kill from my pov. You should designate one of your healers to be the main champion of the light, and he is responsible for finding the center of the room (marked with a yellow marker in our video). The light should always get back to him before sha re-submerges and he should wait until the adds are right on top of him before throwing. At which point you then start slowing and aoeing them down.

Edit: As others have said, the priest should go discipline. The hunter should go survival. Almost everyone should be in their best aoe specs.

Edit 2: I don't know how to rogue. Other people reading this later combat isn't the best spec.
    Last edited by blusenho; 2013-02-08 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blusenho View Post
    The rogue should go combat.
    The rogue should not go combat. Combat is only good for 2-target cleave; it's not very good beyond that. Assassination will push much better numbers at 5+ targets where it actually matters. Assassination is better single target too, which is a plus.

Pretty sure Eijin knows this anyway. He seems to know what he's talking about on the rogue forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The rogue should not go combat. Combat is only good for 2-target cleave; it's not very good beyond that. Assassination will push much better numbers at 5+ targets where it actually matters. Assassination is better single target too, which is a plus.

Pretty sure Eijin knows this anyway. He seems to know what he's talking about on the rogue forums.
    if he knew what he was talking about he would have rolled a ranged class. lul