Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    Just a word for all:

Do not turn this into a CRZ thread.

While I don't have a problem with someone mentioning it as a possible reason for good or bad results the very last thing I want to see in this thread is all of the complaints and benefits re-litigated again. There are other threads for that where you can yell at one another about it to your heart's content (within the forum rules of course). This isn't one of them.
    why would people complain? As a member on a low pop server, CRZ has been the best addition to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Why only 2 factions? Did you have EVERY DAILY FACTION MAXED OUT? Go ahead and look at your list. Let me see how many your exalted with. I'll wait right here.
    Dailys are for the non pvp and raid players which out number us be alot sir your not forced to do them i'ts a choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I mean how many people do u know who have started to play Wow within the past 6months (new subs) and how many do u know who have stopped playing (lost subs)?
    - About a dozen or so came back for MoP.

- All of them.

Untrue and furthermore if you can't do the dungeons you probably aren't raiding anyway so why do you need the gear? Like I get told by people all the time if I'm not raiding I don't need the fuckign dialy gear. Their was LOTS you could hjave don in cataclysm you just weren't compelled or chose not to. Theirs a list of dailies a mile long you could have done in cataclysm.
    What purpose specific to the dailies was there in Cataclysm? You didn't unlock additional storylines, no epic gear at the end of a quest chain, and the rep gained was also readily available through tabard championing which was considerably faster for tanks/healers than actually doing the dailies.

As for the "need" of the gear, do Heroic raiders need the gear from the last boss of the tier? Why not remove that altogether? I mean, they kill the boss fine without the gear dropping from him/her/it.

So in cata you only did those two factions? What about going back for those other factions? Like the old school wrath and tbc factions? I mean is the only thing you consider CONTENT stuff that gives you some potential advantage.
    I never did those factions because I didn't feel a need to.

Same thing with Wrath.

See, here's what you need to understand about me: Most things I just do if I HAVE to, especially in WoW.

In Wrath (started playing at the end of BC) I didn't get exalted with Sons of Hodir and whoever gave the Head Enchant until I think patch 3.2 or 3.3.

I didn't really care. I just had fun playing the game. And my guild was a really good one, too.

As for Cata, yes, i don't did those two factions because I didn't care about the rest.

With Mists there's so many factions, I actually just do them because it adds to what I have to do.

To an extent, I LIKE doing Dailies. I just don't like doing them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

That's my mentallity.

I don't feel in the slightest obligated to do any of my dailies any day, nor grind Dungeons back in the day to get to exalted.

I get there when I get there, and if I want to do the, I do them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Then stop arguing it. I've seen you do this dance 100 times over and it's not changing anything.

You can't move nor talk to a brick wall.

I have barely done my dailies. I just got to exalted with Golden Lotus.

I personally just find it's not that big a deal.

It has no impact on my raiding ability, nor do i REEEEALLLYYYYY need the Valor Gear.
    But then nothing happens man. If you don't speak up and say SOMETHING then nothing happens. I wasn't even looking to raid this expansion. I had a group of 4 or 5 of us that made up a little sg1 team that ran our guys through dungeons (and we LIKED the harder dungeons but were okay in wrath to) and we had a blast doing it. In mists it just fell apart. The dungeons were done in two fucking days and we had the gear and then we sat around and said now what. It's just shitty man, we had a playstyle that we enjoyed and to be honest it was only ENHANCED by lfr cause our group of 4 or 5 could que and get somewhere. We got nowhere running dailies as a group and frankly none of us liked the dailies either so we were left out in the fucking cold.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    What purpose specific to the dailies was there in Cataclysm? You didn't unlock additional storylines, no epic gear at the end of a quest chain, and the rep gained was also readily available through tabard championing which was considerably faster for tanks/healers than actually doing the dailies.

As for the "need" of the gear, do Heroic raiders need the gear from the last boss of the tier? Why not remove that altogether? I mean, they kill the boss fine without the gear dropping from him/her/it.

The same purpose that exists in mists. SOMETHING TO DO.

But then nothing happens man. If you don't speak up and say SOMETHING then nothing happens. I wasn't even looking to raid this expansion. I had a group of 4 or 5 of us that made up a little sg1 team that ran our guys through dungeons (and we LIKED the harder dungeons but were okay in wrath to) and we had a blast doing it. In mists it just fell apart. The dungeons were done in two fucking days and we had the gear and then we sat around and said now what. It's just shitty man, we had a playstyle that we enjoyed and to be honest it was only ENHANCED by lfr cause our group of 4 or 5 could que and get somewhere. We got nowhere running dailies as a group and frankly none of us liked the dailies either so we were left out in the fucking cold.
    Well a majority of the community spoke up during Cata and especially Mists, and they're fixing the Daily system, along with Class balances, and especially PVP balances.

Hell, half my guild is saying 5.2 looks like of the best patches to ever surface for the game, and a lot of them have been around since Vanilla.

I never did those factions because I didn't feel a need to.

Same thing with Wrath.

See, here's what you need to understand about me: Most things I just do if I HAVE to, especially in WoW.

In Wrath (started playing at the end of BC) I didn't get exalted with Sons of Hodir and whoever gave the Head Enchant until I think patch 3.2 or 3.3.

I didn't really care. I just had fun playing the game. And my guild was a really good one, too.

As for Cata, yes, i don't did those two factions because I didn't care about the rest.

With Mists there's so many factions, I actually just do them because it adds to what I have to do.

To an extent, I LIKE doing Dailies. I just don't like doing them EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

That's my mentallity.

I don't feel in the slightest obligated to do any of my dailies any day, nor grind Dungeons back in the day to get to exalted.

I get there when I get there, and if I want to do the, I do them.
    Good for you. I liked doing dungeons with fucking rewards. Instead I get shit on and abandoned by the developers. The reality is that Blizzard is smart enough to realize that unless they COMPEL YOU WITH GEAR to do something you won't fucking do it and the "optionality" of it becomes irellevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    My theory isn't going to be that high. My estimate is MoP sales will be good. But subscriptions took a significant dip, mostly due to dailies and the stance on CRZ. I been a long time supporter of Blizzard up until recently with some of their decisions. So the only reason I am hoping for a drop in subs, is so that they can reverse gears and return to a state they were before now. I don't want WoW to die, nor do I wish to see anyone fired. But I think a shift in direction is required.
    My prediction is 2mill.......in reality im hoping for 3-4mill. I agree with you...... I DON'T WANT WOW DEAD, but i want shock and awe ..... this is america, and we vote with our dollars. To get get change, you vote with your wallet. And nothing shy of total hock and awe will get attention.

But I sense Blizzard may see this, hence why im adamant the next xpac will be burning legion and already got a beat with a co-worker the bad guy will be Illidan. (TBC was mearly a setback et al). Because they will need to draw back old school players...and the LK is kinda played out and Illidan wou,ld bring them back....in droves.
    Rel on Economics: "I'd wager most AH transaction are buy to flip sales. In fact most of the gold made is fake transactions to drive prices higher. Kinda like the whole financial collapse 2009...just saying..."

Well a majority of the community spoke up during Cata and especially Mists, and they're fixing the Daily system, along with Class balances, and especially PVP balances.

Hell, half my guild is saying 5.2 looks like of the best patches to ever surface for the game, and a lot of them have been around since Vanilla.
    Oh okay so now the people who were mad at dailies at launch are a majority of the community. Fantastic. If I went back I'm sure I could find some argument where you insisted that it was a pip squeek of players who were really only a minority that were upset at dailies. It never ends man. Like people defended dailies to the moon and back. Now that the developers are "responding to feedback" instead of being upset that the designers are ameliorating their design goals (something I called for since the beginning) the position just changes to yea that's what the community wanted all along. REALLY YOU SAY? Well I do declare nobody ever put that together. Christ.... You can defend their design decisions and even agree with them, but when they start to move away from them and do the opposite of what they wanted to do how can you still defend THEM? I knew this would come to. I said it. They will eventually move away from dailies, or at least loosen up the restrictions. I had people yell and scream at me that dailies were the best thing ever and Blizzard should stick to their guns and not give you rep in dungeons. Well look at that... and instead of being PISSED off at the developers for changing their minds when the majority of players don't like it (something I argued was the case as well) the goal post just moves and people still defend them. I mean they could tmmrw go back to hard heroics and abandon dailies totally and people would still defend them. Complete 180 it wouldn't matter.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-07 at 09:10 PM.

Good for you. I liked doing dungeons with fucking rewards. Instead I get shit on and abandoned by the developers. The reality is that Blizzard is smart enough to realize that unless they COMPEL YOU WITH GEAR to do something you won't fucking do it and the "optionality" of it becomes irellevant.
    What aspect compels you to get gear?

I've never felt that, even when I started playing the game.

Deleted

It looks good, but IMO, they have failed to really address the fundamental problems in PVP. They've just put a bandaid on it again and will probably save any big changes for the next expansion.

And we've heard it all before. Guild raids need more incentives, dead servers need to be merged and/or transfers need to be made free.

On my server, there were like 2-3 main guilds I mingled with at the end of 2011 when DS came out. All 3 were either running one 25 man or multiple 10s. I actually had 3 separate 10 mans in my guild. Towards the end of the DS tier, around 30% debuff, one guild completely dismantled and the other two including my own condensed to 1 10 man raid. We then actually combined some of our alts for a separate pug 10 man heroic run.

Eventually it tapered off and I was doing 1 10 man with the remaining guild at the very very end. Everyone who stopped playing said they wanted to give MoP a shot. Most came back ~30 players, hit 90, and then bitched about dailies. Of the 70 or so players from that sample, only 10 or so play now. So from my perspective, MoP was kind of their last hope, but dailies killed it.

Obviously this is just a small sample and my experience.

I've played since Vanilla too and 5.2 really just looks to be fucking amazing. Zul'aman had an epic story and trailer to it, sure. Black Temple had an epic story, trailer and final boss, sure. Heck, Ulduar got me pumped up BIG TIME. But I'm already more hyped for Throne of Thunder than for any of those raids, and the trailer isn't even out, that says a lot coming from me. Maybe it's the fact that we're finally getting a big raid again, I don't know, I'm just pumped for Throne of Thunder and the content surrounding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    It looks good, but IMO, they have failed to really address the fundamental problems in PVP. They've just put a bandaid on it again and will probably save any big changes until the next expansion.

And we've heard it all before. Guild raids need more incentives, dead servers need to be merged and/or transfers need to be made free.
    A bandaid is better than nothing at all.

A game like WoW is extremely hard to balance.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I've played since Vanilla too and 5.2 really just looks to be fucking amazing. Zul'aman had an epic story and trailer to it, sure. Black Temple had an epic story, trailer and final boss, sure. Heck, Ulduar got me pumped up BIG TIME. But I'm already more hyped for Throne of Thunder than for any of those raids, and the trailer isn't even out, that says a lot coming from me. Maybe it's the fact that we're finally getting a big raid again, I don't know, I'm just pumped for Throne of Thunder and the content surrounding it.
    The depth of the story is what has me hooked for 5.2.

I dunno what the hell changed since Cataclysm, but their writing is superb currently.

I see 9.6 on the new forum, that the real number?
    not bad if true, given that most people including me expected 8 million

Deleted
    thing is yes mop is good, and many of my online friends came back, hell as i was saying i loved mop, and it would still have my interest if not for cataclysm
    I know alot of the people i know online agree with me, as, atleast when i halted playing a few weeks ago, most of my friends had not logged on in 2-3 weeks, but i guess that could also be in part to the fact that the gamers i played with, whether they be IRL or ingame were all around the same age as me, and many have now got jobs, uni or gap years. But i also know that they too felt that the dissapointment of cataclysm, had made them lose respect for blizzard, as have i, regardless i may come back to try 5.2 you never know, WoW does have a certain trend of everytime i think im out of the deep, throwing me back into the whirlpool.

What aspect compels you to get gear?

I've never felt that, even when I started playing the game.
    I don't know you should ask the developers when they say

Overall, player behavior is so massively influenced by rewards that it's hard to extricate rewarding from fun.

Deleted
    As of December 31, 2012, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1
    subscription-based MMORPG, with more than 9.6 million subscribers.

I don't know you should ask the developers when they say
    Huh. Well, me and quite a few people I know don't feel that way.

I mean, I'll be honest: at the beginning of Mists I was doing Dailies every day and nearly felt burnt out.

I stopped and now I absolutely love the expansion.

Take things in steps and phases.

No aspect of this game forces you to do ANYTHING.