Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc View Post
    Yup, because it's true. You say that 9.6 million is a game dying.. What does that say for every other mmo out there? Already dead? Or is it purely on how fast you're going down not total numbers? Or are you just scewing things so you have an arguement? Hmm?
    Declining numbers is a game "dying" how long it takes is anyone's guess at this point.

Are the other MMOs in a pretty good decline also? Some are yes, and those would be dying too.

500k is huge, especially considering the 10 million number is hugely inflated. The 500k loss has to be in Europe/US, so a big deal.

9.6 million subs after 8 years is insane, WoW isn't going F2P anytime soon

Why do I have a feeling that Morhaime will say that the majority of the subscriber losses occurred "in the East"?

When this number falls to like.. 100 thousand people feel free to call it news.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilon View Post
    Well at 3 million it would still be the largest active MMO...
    That is still online yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    You are putting a positive spin on a huge loss.

How many people do you think play in the U.S. and Europe? 2+ million respectively? Losing 1/4 of your market in one of those places is not something that you can just ignore.
    He's not putting a positive spin on a huge loss. Are you kidding?

400k-500k is barely anything.

Remember when they lost over a million subscribers in ONE quarter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    500k loss? Looks like WoW is dead oh well goodbye all i will miss you ima go play rift now

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    So what? A decline is a decline, WoW's "golden age" is long over, the game is going to keep losing players, will you still be using that defense when it's down to 3 million players?
    Every mmo is in decline. People quit and come back.. WoWs numbers are only bigger because they can be. If you only have 250k playing, losing 25k is around the same amount. You say WoW's golden age is over.. based upon what? At least it had a golden age.

Also, i quit months ago so don't try throwing that fanboy crap at me.

GOOD! Wotlk and Cata badies are leaving!

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    Declining numbers is a game "dying" how long it takes is anyone's guess at this point.
    It's numbers have declined and rose before.

If anyone thinks 9.6 million is "dead" they really need to take a look at the rest of the MMORPG market.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    And WoW is still 9.6 times bigger than it's closest competitor.

Where's the news here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    A 500k drop in subs is huge. Especially if they are in the U.S. or Europe.
    They gained about a million when they released MoP, so the numbers are still higher than before MoP.

Deleted
    looking forward all the "wow is dying" posts. anyway, i actually expected a small drop, i thought maybe 1-200k. very surprised to see such a massive drop. i dont think its much to be concerned about, wow is what, nearly 10years old, it would have to be super amazing to retrain 12m subs at this age.

Oh noes, the game is dead. Considering GW2, this is hardly surprising and yet it's an amazing number, after 8 years running, it's simply incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    My prediction of 8 mil seems silly now.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

queue the doomsayers

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No big deal.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    It's numbers have declined and rose before.

If anyone thinks 9.6 million is "dead" they really need to take a look at the rest of the MMORPG market.
    Yes but they always had a new high. Now they have peaked and just drop lower.

I missed where anyone said anything about "dead"

I still wonder how many of those 9.6 million are game cards in China with 10 minutes of playing time (subscription) still left on it, but hasn't been used in 3 years.