Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Cata launch has 600k loss, and MoP has over 400k (we dont know the exact number). So far, its pretty close to Cataclysm, which was a complete failure.
    And after Cata, which obliterated Subscriber numbers, Mists not being a MASSIVE success is to be expected.

The fact that the game is still holding this many subscribers, and it wasn't a complete free fall in subscribers, to me means it's a success.

You can call me a fanboy or a blind fan of the game, but it doesn't really matter.

From a logical standpoint, it makes perfect sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    3. More free gear. They tried VP, it didn't work. They tried dailies, it didn't work. Expect them to try something else entirely when it comes to gearing up your character. It may even be so easy as just farming heroic 5-mans. Or even doing solo questlines.

How did VP not work? Furthermore farming heroic 5 mans IS BASICALLY WHAT WE DID IN CATA.... and the only thing EASIER in my opinion is daily quests...

This is HILARIOUS. Like if this were a couple of months ago and you posted this you'd have so many people saying NO NO NO NO NO DAILIES ARE THE BEST HERP but now the grim realization has set in. The writing is on the fucking wall, I told you people months ago.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-07 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    They are in 5.2 if you've read the Patch notes.

400k is barely anything.

It's not the mass exodus that was Cataclysm.
    The mass exodus in Cata happened over the course of two years. 400k in a single quarter could lead to the same overall loss, or it could not. It's not quite as bad as the biggest drops during Cata, but it's nothing to scoff at.

Probably just indicative of the age of the game more than anything else.

Anyways things are going as expected - haters hate with sub numbers and fanboys defend fervently

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata had a 600k lost in the quarter it was launched while mop had a 400k PLUS in the quarter it was launched. Cata had ZERO in its quarter while mop had one content patch and another announced for the ptr

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Oh come the fuck on are you really gonna rely on this? YOu think the developers feel like that? I sure as hell hope they fucking don't.
    Read the rest of my posts and yes, it makes perfect sense.

Not an excuse.

It's a reason.

Your hate for Dailies blinds you, Leonard.

It's a multitude of reasons at this point why WoW is still losing some subscribers, but that reason is the main one.

I know people who had played the game since they were 14 to 22.

That's.

A lot.

Of Time.

And after that much time spent, anyone would want to quit.

If I was still playing this game 8 years later, to be honest I think I would've quit by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post

/10chars
    Dead on. The primary cause of loss is down to realms dwindling away as people quit, there are far too many which are so dead it's barely a MMO. Despite LFG/LFR/CRZ a dead realm means no pugs, no auction house and no drive to keep playing if you don't wanna transfer 8 chars to an active populated realm.

Also want to chime in that a 400k loss over a Christmas period on a new expansion is pretty damn bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    9.6 million people still playing and running those dailies. They must be doing something right.
    So can I say that Dragon Soul was success because it kept 9.x millionish people playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Spamming the forum with your dummy-accounts does not make something a failure.
    The "bad" thing about 4.3 was that we had to wait so long before we got new content, the patch itself was fine.

Again: Repeating something a million times doesn't make it true.
    I dont have dummy accounts, and i dont consider 4.3 a failure. It was considered by the community though.

Also, i am repeating things because people dont seem to get it.

Roughly the same amount of sub loss than the start of Cata, yet some people think its not bad.

Can we lock this thread now MODS?

This thread is just going to delve into "400K IS A HUGE LOSS AND IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME YOUR A FANBOY"

WOW: 9.600.000 subs

The rest stands at 0.000.000 subs (as free to play).

So it clear the free to play MMO market has an impact.

Blizzard had the biggest revenue ever in its history : 1.6 BILLION dollars for the fiscal year 2012.

I dont have dummy accounts, and i dont consider 4.3 a failure. It was considered by the community though.

Also, i am repeating things because people dont seem to get it.

Roughly the same amount of sub loss than the start of Cata, yet some people think its not bad.
    If it's as bad as Cata we'll be seeing, what, 900k next Quarter?

Some things just can't be helped.

While half the community says Mists is the best expansion WoW's ever had, the other half says it's the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    You're comparing a patch to an expansion?
    No, comparing a patch with another patch. If you want to compare expansions, Cata launch 600k loss. MoP, roughly the same.

Matter of opinion then. I don't find 400k is that much in the slightest.
    It's not really a matter of opinion. It's a matter of how that 400k loss was constructed. If it was lose a million NA/EU subs and replace 600k of them with Chinese subs then it's a huge deal. If it was a 1 million sub loss in China and a 600k gain in NA/EU it would be a huge gain.

It's more likely the former than the latter because if there was a big increase in the high value western subs, Blizzard wouldn't let that go unmentioned.

Cataclysm's bleed in it's first quarter wasn't fluffed by giving out free copies of WoW and Christmas and the Q1 losses were 600k which at the time was a 5% drop.
    400k against 10 million is 4%, so really Mists isn't off to a start much better than Cataclysm's.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    Can we lock this thread now MODS?

This thread is just going to delve into "400K IS A HUGE LOSS AND IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME YOUR A FANBOY"
    I'm kind of inclined to agree. No matter how I'm arguing apparently that's all it's coming across as.

If it's as bad as Cata we'll be seeing, what, 900k next Quarter?

Some things just can't be helped.

While half the community says Mists is the best expansion WoW's ever had, the other half says it's the worst.
    If my memory doesnt fail, cata numbers were:

So if its the same loss than Cata, next quarter would be 300k loss.

Deleted
    when will the true call start by the way? Have been trying to check if there is any more info, but couldn't find it.

Read the rest of my posts and yes, it makes perfect sense.

Not an excuse.

It's a reason.

Your hate for Dailies blinds you, Leonard.

It's a multitude of reasons at this point why WoW is still losing some subscribers, but that reason is the main one.

I know people who had played the game since they were 14 to 22.

That's.

A lot.

Of Time.

And after that much time spent, anyone would want to quit.

If I was still playing this game 8 years later, to be honest I think I would've quit by now.
    It's an ABSOLUTE EXCUSE. It defends the developers BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T INNOVATED ENOUGH. Nothing has been done to give the game any new life in mists. NObody in the god damned company had an idea except apparently pokemon and dailies. PHENOMENAL. I can IMAGINE the conversation that went on.

Hey man we need to give people something to do? and get them out into the world?
    OH I KNOW DAILIES
    *they all look at each other and nod*

DONE.

If my memory doesnt fail, cata numbers were:

So if its the same loss than Cata, next quarter would be 300k loss.
    Or next quarter might be a 300k gain.

Or subscribers might be back at 12 million.

Or everyone quits the game.

Who knows.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    9.6 million people still playing and running those dailies. They must be doing something right.
    You make the assumption that everyone does dailies.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.