Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blood death knightes overpowered?

Hello there everybody,

So I saw this video today, where 3 blood dk's took down The Stone Guards on normal, they probably have full raid heroic gear and are really skilled, but am I the only one who thinks that is a bit too much? Am I the only one that doesn't see that they should be nerfed a little? I have another example, there is a blood dk that nearly soloed whole Stormstout Brevery on challenge mode, he/she couldn't take the last boss down, again, probably really good geared and really good skilled, but that is still too much. It is not a whine post, don't think that, I just want the game to be more balanced, my guild has problems with The Stone Guards really much, and when I see 3 dk's go take them down, I fell quite disappointed. Please a blue poster comment on this.

Yours sincerely,
    Lofigus

As a mediocre blood dk i do admit they have an edge with death strike, basically, but i don't think nerfs would really accomplish anything, apart from annoying some dks and giving a few non-blood smug grins? i mainly posted to say you don't get blues on mmo-champion though, only on the official forums

Unless by blue you meant any blue
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Dk's soloing prowess is the only thing "heroic" about them nowadays. Take that away, and we are just emo paladins.

When a DK overgears something, he tends to overgear the absolute crap out of it.
    It balances out pretty much fine in heroic raids, but the easier the content the more DKs will shine. That said, 3 manning Stone Guards seems fishy. Link to the video?

And the challenge mode thing was just kiting kiting kiting. A lot of classes can do that fine. (not to say that it isn't wonderfully skilled, but it's not DK exclusive ability)

Deleted
    Wrong place for a blue poster. Anyway really skilled and gear.
    If your guild cant down the Stone Guards might wanna read and watch more about some tactics. Tank taunt etc.

That is one boss who can likely be 3 manned by any combination of tanks who can both keep themselves alive, and do enough dps. Keeping themselves alive is the hard part, the damage buff makes the fight fairly reasonable since the enrage is already quite long.

to be honest, the DK's doing this sort of thing are well skilled and very well geared, and have probably been playing their DK since they were able to.

While we know a level 80 Paladin has solo'd some raid bosses on 10man, i've not heard anything of 3 DKs doing current content on a 10man.

Edit: Yeah seems it did happen, And one of the dks was Raegwyn.. so you can imagine they pretty much are all very well geared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vZRI_oHsmQ
    Last edited by r3d3mpt10n; 2013-02-07 at 09:51 PM.

I don't mean this to be insulting, but it's going to come off that way: Players that have trouble with Stone Guard are in no place to discuss whether or not blood DKs are overpowered.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Link to the video?
    Here it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vZRI_oHsmQ

EDIT: OH someone up there edited his post and posted link to YT already. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    I don't mean this to be insulting, but it's going to come off that way: Players that have trouble with Stone Guard are in no place to discuss whether or not blood DKs are overpowered.
    Pretty much this.

I mean... Stone Guard? :/
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Our BrM monk managed to keep himself alive by himself during p1 of heroic 10man sha of fear.
    obviously they are overpowered and need to be nerfed.

blue posters only post on the blizzard forums.
    threads like these should just be locked asap ;l

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    That is one boss who can likely be 3 manned by any combination of tanks who can both keep themselves alive, and do enough dps. Keeping themselves alive is the hard part, the damage buff makes the fight fairly reasonable since the enrage is already quite long.
    there is no damage buff on regular.

Deleted
    kuku2. I am saying that my guild have trouble with them yes, that we need to get better yes, but 3 manning them?! This just shouldn't be possible whatever you are! In vanilla you nearly had to be full 40 man to do a raid. Now you can just go 3 man raid bosses with ease? I have a whole lot to discuss in this thread, it more looks like that you should go home, complaining that this game is still too easy for you, that you need to be able to solo everything.

Look at the video that tapczan linked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vZRI_oHsmQ

It tells you in the description the gimmicks they used.

You're calling a class OP because one of the 2 best DK soloers in the world is able to goof his way into a kill with two friends on a fight they probably greatly outgear, and you're calling for completely unspecified nerfs because of this? Give me a break.

10+ Year Old Account

OMG NERF MONKS.

But seriously, DKs have always been able to do this. They aren't OP tanks in a normal raid setting. In fact they have pretty lousy raid-wide utility as blood compared to the other tank classes. DKs are fine atm.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Deleted
    Not sure if trolling o.O

Meme/meme related posts like that isn't allowed here, keep it constructive.
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2013-02-08 at 08:00 AM.

Dk's are not OP , but with gear they can just do this kind of stuff

i solo tanked DS HC all bosses.. yesh you can solo tank ultra , warmaster and evrything else..

Once you have bis gear , DPS selfheal and def is just a big joke

For progress probably one of the worst tanks but once you have evrything clear ist just fun ! ^^

I rerolled tank warrior this content after tanking with my DK since wotlk , both have adventages and dissadventages

The biggest probleme with blood DK's is that while starting an encounter you need to know evry spell , evry cooldown to get the perferct rotation of def cd's problably a little harder to take into hand if your up for firstkills and stuff .

But after that nope not realy OP just the class mechanic that allows it when you outgear evrything ;X

Umm you do realize that those who did it are among the best of the best DK's, the one who did the challenge mode was I daresay the best dk in the world, renowned for soloing "the impossible". My point is, these arent your average players, they know how to play and how to play well and have access to heroic gear that makes things like this possible.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 03:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Dk's soloing prowess is the only thing "heroic" about them nowadays. Take that away, and we are just emo paladins.
    Also I agree with this.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Death knights have a dps threshold, If you can't overcome it. They can't die. Other tanks base all their mitigation around %reduction.

Things like block, dodge and flat %reduction scales backwards too. A level 11 frost troll will hit you for 7 you'll block 3....A Blood knight needs to be hit for a certain ammount before they even start taking any damage in the same sense, due to how DS works.

In comparison, think about the old block value. You had to be hit over a certain number to take damage. So you'd block the full 10 damage from the frost troll now...
    Base block value on health up to a certain point, like Death Strike and the block tanks would do almost as good overgearing old content, ignoring how block value favour many small hits over few big hits.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blood Death Knights are fine.

Deleted
    3 gaurd stacked .... hell no you would die of overload in lfr mode overload is peanuts so maybe its on lfr mode