Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    So...blizzard executives won the bet?
    Sitting on Cash of 4 billion dollars? You sir, are correct

I want to congratulate everyone who joined our paid to play subscription club of WOW over the last few months.

All 9.600.000 of you.

Now it's with a smile since I am not even counted in that club as I only resubbed 14 days ago after a 2 month break.

I had too much fun in D3.

So to all the rest that don't belong to our club: a goodnight and welcome back in 4 months time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    BB10 is a blip in the radar. BB10 isn't even available in the US but if you think RIM is making market share back you should get your head examined. They WERE at one point the leader or close to it. Those days are gone and frankly while releasing BB10 is good the market is about what have you done for me lately. The stock being up 200 percent is just people riding the wave. It's not based on any substance in the slightest. Yes applaud them but the real work for RIM and for Thorsten Heins has just begun. They need INNOVATION. I'm not convinced they have it.
    You keep throwing out that innovation word without knowing your facts. BB10 has the highest HTML5 compatability of any browser and the best multitasking of any smart phone out there currently. You don't think writing the SW required to do that requires innovation?

Your posts are driven by hatred and poor reasoning. Frankly its a disgrace to your avatar. If fortune 500 companies with 3 billion in cash reserves are screw ups, who exactly is doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    So to all the rest that don't belong to our club: a goodnight and welcome back in 4 months time.
    Well guess what, we don't need your club! We'll make our own club! With Blackjack, and hookers! Know what? Forget the blackjack!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    jesus i forgot how pathetic that was. all of them. fucking mutual admiration society.

sad.
    I still cannot believe he got away with a half-assed apology and a slap on the wrist. Tseric went off on the forums and got fired hard, Jay Wilson 'n' Friends go off on Facebook, and they get wine parties.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    To be fair, I expect to be one of those 3 million+ in a week or so
    I can't even explain to you why I love the game so much; part of the appeal is definitely due to how well they managed to B2P aspect though.

I think the other part is how much of an altoholic I am, so for someone like me, I can go through the game with numerous characters and not feel hard-pressed to have some sort of agenda once I hit max level. I just do whatever I fancy, or I play another day.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2013-02-07 at 10:49 PM.

I want to congratulate everyone who joined our paid to play subscription club of WOW over the last few months.

All 9.600.000 of you.
    9.6M is active accounts, not subscribers. It includes accounts in pay-per-time markets where they don't have subscriptions.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It certainly wasn't a 2 million loss, haters gonna have to keep hatin I guess. When you wish upon a star and rant continuously on forum boards....!
    If WoW loses 2 million players in one Quarter its going to die. It only has about 4+ mil players playing in NA/EU. Losing 2 mil would be devastating. I expect subs to go back up a tad next Q but not the full 400k If it does decline again it will be a small decline or it will stay steady. 5.2 is getting released soon so some will come for that. The next big hit WoW is gonna take is when TESO gets released.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    If WoW loses 2 million players in one Quarter its going to die. It only has about 4+ mil players playing in NA/EU. Losing 2 mil would be devastating. I expect subs to go back up a tad next Q but not the full 400k If it does decline again it will be a small decline or it will stay steady. 5.2 is getting released soon so some will come for that. The next big hit WoW is gonna take is when TESO gets released.
    WoW subs aren't going to get impacted by the release of a PvP game like TESO.

TESO is going to suck they are shitting all over the lore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It certainly wasn't a 2 million loss, haters gonna have to keep hatin I guess. When you wish upon a star and rant continuously on forum boards....!
    I do not think anyone figured it would have been a 2 million lost. Still 400k plus keeps up with the trends from Cata the fanboys can white knight wow and defend it all they want but its still bleeding subs

I don't think so, the only games - as of now - that really can hurt WOW are proper Blizzard games, not the MMORPG's as they went free to play.

I think Blizzard All Stars could put a dent into WOW subscriptions.

No no, stop hyping TESO up to be a WoW killer. People who want to play it don't want the WoW crowd in there screaming on the forums about every little thing they can't do in the game. We want a peaceful, un-nerfed and non-casual friendly experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I do not think anyone figured it would have been a 2 million lost. Still 400k plus keeps up with the trends from Cata the fanboys can white knight wow and defend it all they want but its still bleeding subs
    Oh I had the impression you listened to the conference call where Morhaime said the western population was stable and the losses were taken in China ...

You forget a lot in just a few seconds I guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    No no, stop hyping TESO up to be a WoW killer. People who want to play it don't want the WoW crowd in there screaming on the forums about every little thing they can't do in the game. We want a peaceful, un-nerfed and non-casual friendly experience.
    Who is this we you are referring too

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    TESO is going to suck they are shitting all over the lore
    Like 99.9% of the people that will play it give a crap about lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so, the only games - as of now - that really can hurt WOW are proper Blizzard games, not the MMORPG's as they went free to play.

I think Blizzard All Stars could put a dent into WOW subscriptions.
    I think it could aswell, who knows what Titan would do.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Oh I had the impression you listened to the conference call where Morhaime said the western population was stable and the losses were taken in China ...
    So westerners like Pandas more than the Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    non-casual, mainstream MMORPG.

in 2013.

not happening, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account

You forget a lot in just a few seconds I guess...

Most of the subs lost were from China he said and the west seems stable.

Guess you are forgetting the odds were stacked where we should have not seen a lost.

New content, content patch, new xpac, xpac released world wide, Free wow for d3 players, X mas, etc

but still a lost

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Who is this we you are referring too
    The players that has seen every attempt of an MMO-release destroyed by really vocal haters on forums. We that used to play WoW way back in the day. You know, the old people of 25+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    To be fair, I expect to be one of those 3 million+ in a week or so
    While still playing WoW no less! Shock horror, right? lol
    But you will tear a rift into the space time continuum and annihilate us all.. .you can't play and like 2 MMOs at once.. it's against the law of nature!