Deleted

New ability for flying mounts

I have been thinking about this lately and i think it could be useful and fun. Often times i would like to be able to skydive with mounts to gain great velocity and thus speed up landing to the target area.

So, skydive. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I have been thinking about this lately and i think it could be useful and fun. Often times i would like to be able to skydive with mounts to gain great velocity and thus speed up landing to the target area.

So, skydive. What do you think?
    New druid ability, imo.

Skydive - The druid transforms into his/her flightform and soars into the air. After circling for up to 10 seconds druid dives toward the ground, detransforming, and stunning all enemies, including the druid, within 20yrds for 6 seconds. Autocasts Flightform prevents attacking and spellcasting for the duration.

When you go up it gives you a target circle then you can choose the landing area and instantly come down or stay in the air for 10 seconds coming back down where you lifted off from. You could still be attacked by range classes/attacks. Immunity granted to that similar to being on a mount. Spell effect similar to heroic leap when landing and that scene in illegal danish 2 when rossi uses flight form.

I love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Flying mounts don't actually have any ability, so it'd be tough to implement, but I'm all for it.
    I'm also in for druid flight form having a 1.5 sec cast and dismount on any action involving gathering, because logic.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    My vision was, that when activating the skydive-mode, you still could control your mount to great extent. Skydiving would work as it usually does in real life; first you take deep dive in the air loosing altitude and after that you could lift up and even gain some altitude again and after that the mount returns to normal flying mode.

Sure wow does not have real physic engine but it could easily simulate this by giving skydive a predetermined parameters how much it accelerates etc.

I want this but as a feature to jump off my mount without using slow fall etc....for those classes without fall damage reduction so I could bail out way above Half-Hill and free fall to the ground and well not die

Quote Originally Posted by theKarn View Post
    New druid ability, imo.

Skydive - The druid transforms into his/her flightform and soars into the air. After circling for up to 10 seconds druid dives toward the ground, detransforming, and stunning all enemies, killing the druid upon impact.
    Kamikaze FTW