Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedda View Post
    Think of WoW as a human being. At the moment wow has just hit 50, still got a lifespan for another 30 years. My guess is one or two more expantion and it craps out.

You realize EQ just released its 19th expansion. No one plays it and its crap. WoW is not gonna die out any time soon. They have said countless times as long as there enough people willing to play they will make content. Of course it will not be top tier content with tons of patches like current if they get to EQ levels but if they are making a profit they will still produce for it.

According to these forums WoW was dead when the Cata losses hit. The it went back up to 10M+. It is still near 10M. For an 8 year old game that charges a sub fee that is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    + the extra ppl that are still subbed but have quit (unfortunatly i still have to pay for another month damm anuall pass)

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Good, one wotlk kid less. People nowadays expect to get everything for free without putting in any effort.

He would have never made in in Vanilla or TBC. WoW is not grindy. If he and other think this is a grindfest they have no clue what grinding means.

Quote Originally Posted by whirlwinds View Post
    + the extra ppl that are still subbed but have quit (unfortunatly i still have to pay for another month damm anuall pass)
    you do know all you have to do to get out of the pass is either call blizzard and ask them or just take the credit card off your account right?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    God you fanboys never quit.

And, hates are always gonna hate.

Deleted
    so what, a few million left, i'm still enjoying playing the game, and love what Mists of Pandaria is offering. In fact., i'd prefer it if more people left because it would give Blizzard to build even better expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    You don't have any common sense. That's why I call you a fanboy. Because you're too blinded to see what's so obvious with a little thought put into it.

Cata lost subs because of a lack of content. That's logical and expected to happen in any game. Guess what just happened? Sub loss WITH content. What do you think that means? That means they are in deep shit, because even if they pump out content on a regular basis, people are giving less of a fuck more and more.

This is so obvious to see but apparently you can't wrap your head around it.
    You assume so much in the sub losses. How many of them were from each region? How many of them were on their initial 30 day free month? How many of those actually had MoP? How many had Cata? How many of them were banned accounts? You have no way of knowing why any of those subs were gone, and assuming doesn't make you look like you have any more common sense.

Like someone said: "WoW is still a good game, but lost its soul."

During TBC for example, if your gear sucked you had to be a good player to get in a good group to finally get your hands in shiny purples.
    Now with Blizzard policy when everyone must access the new content it's like I do my aoe raids on LFR's and I'm not willing to do a proper raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    This makes me wonder about the demographics of players. How many of them have jobs/families which prevent them playing for long times and how many of them are doing dailies...

Generally speaking, "What about the people without that much time?!" isn't really a good argument for game design though.
    It depends.

The people who were 17yo kids in BC are now 24yo and starting a family. That's a major difference.

People who say the game was better in BC are missing the point. Blizzard can try to attract new 17yolds, or try to keep the 24yolds. But either way the game needs to evolve to cope with the developing player base.

Diablo III was the #1 best-selling PC game at retail, breaking PC-game sales records with more than 12 million copies sold worldwide through December 31, 2012.
    /facepalm

I'm still in shock. D3 is not a horrible game by any means but ... ugh, so much potential wasted.

I enjoy MoP and think it's one of the best addons they ever made. You guys are all just very very nostalgic and forget how bugged (vanilla), hardcore-only (BC), repetive (WotlK) and boring (Cata) the old addons where compared to MoP. MoP has hardcore Hardmodes, supereasy LFR, medium normal modes and tons of stuff to do if you want (farm, pet battles, dailys, 5 mans, scenarios and so on).

The average age of MMOPRG players 2004 was 22 years. Now add 8 years. What changes from 22-30? Right - your family. You have kids, your career peaks, you are VERY busy -> much less time for Computer games.

So many who started with vanilla had to stop playing or reduce their playtime. Turned from "hardcore" to "casual". And after 8 years, 13 T-sets, 200+ mounts and pets the game is not that exciting anymore. That's not Blizzards fault. It's just what happens to any old game. They peak and what is left is a hardcore fanbase and a few casuals.

Did anyone really expect that WoW will have 10+ million subscriptions for 10+ years in a row? Come on, get real. WoW will still be played in 5 years, maybe with only 3-4 million subs. But that's still more than enough to make good money with that game and support it with content patches.

So, calm down everyone.

WoW haters: This will not kill WoW, but it's a sign that the golden age of that game are over.

WoW lovers: This is a significant drop and Blizzard does not like it, but it was expected and will continue.

I scoff at anyone who is saying WoW is dieing! I do believe that 98% of MMO's don't even have more than a couple million players. 9.6 Million that is an insane number and anyone who we lost probably a few 100k people which is expected, so honestly I don't get this idea where WoW is dieing since when can games keep the same player base constant? People quit and come back and new people get in and it goes on and on and on.....

EDIT: @Kryos Just to let you know "over 10 million" could mean 10.1 or less; also the golden age of WoW IS FAR from over I mean in Cata our lowest was 8.5 million meaning we still gained and over MMO's are so behind us that even if we went to 2 million subs we're still very successful.
    Last edited by Smokinya; 2013-02-08 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    I can't bring myself to play much any more, i hate daily quests, yet i would happily farm like was needed for loatheb in vanilla.

The lack of choice with regards to direction of progressin your character via a certain means is boring and annoying.
    But you actually have more choice. If you want to raid you have normal/heroic raids. If you cant do or don't like organized raids, you have LFR. If you do not like LFR you can run dungeons/Scenarios. If you don't lik instanced stuff you have rep grinds. And honestly, all you are asked to do is two weeks of dailies to get revered on one toon( significantly less time after you buy commendations) to get raid quality gear for not raiding. Prior to that you had running dungeons to get raid gear and raiding. People are just upset you cannot get your valor gear through spamming dungeons anymore. Also PvP. I see way more options to progress my characters than I ever have before.

This isn't an either/or situation. Both of these statements are true

WoW has a very healthy player base and will be the most profitable, dominant MMO on the market for many years.

Truth.

WoW's peak and it's glory years are behind it, it is in a slow but steady decline and will continue as such.

Also truth.

Quote Originally Posted by anti-wow View Post
    Like someone said: "WoW is still a good game,and its gotten back its soul."

During TBC for example, if you wanted a good story you had to sit back and watch them ruin fan favorites from warcraft 3 and watch them retcon the lore while fumbling over storylines which to this day almost all of them are unexplained and had to fight against villains that either shouldve been heroes or were 'just cos for teh lulz' for example what the hell were the naga doing with swamp water? now we get good storylines and characters like chen stormstout arent ruined and faction leaders are being developed instead of sitting in their little rooms
    fixed that for ya
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I enjoy MoP and think it's one of the best addons they ever made. You guys are all just very very nostalgic and forget how bugged (vanilla), hardcore-only (BC), repetive (WotlK) and boring (Cata) the old addons where compared to MoP. MoP has hardcore Hardmodes, supereasy LFR, medium normal modes and tons of stuff to do if you want (farm, pet battles, dailys, 5 mans, scenarios and so on).

The average age of MMOPRG players 2004 was 22 years. Now add 8 years. What changes from 22-30? Right - your family. You have kids, your career peaks, you are VERY busy -> much less time for Computer games.

So many who started with vanilla had to stop playing or reduce their playtime. Turned from "hardcore" to "casual". And after 8 years, 13 T-sets, 200+ mounts and pets the game is not that exciting anymore. That's not Blizzards fault. It's just what happens to any old game. They peak and what is left is a hardcore fanbase and a few casuals.

Did anyone really expect that WoW will have 10+ million subscriptions for 10+ years in a row? Come on, get real. WoW will still be played in 5 years, maybe with only 3-4 million subs. But that's still more than enough to make good money with that game and support it with content patches.

So, calm down everyone.

WoW haters: This will not kill WoW, but it's a sign that the golden age of that game are over.

WoW lovers: This is a significant drop and Blizzard does not like it, but it was expected and will continue.
    Again, the "rose-tinted goggles" syndrome is completely invalid due to the numbers. Blizzard should easily be able to sustain consistent subscription gains, despite the age of the game, based on the quality of the game. It's just no longer at the quality of WotLK, I'm afraid.

Since I just got home from class...I don't really feel like being hyper critical and point out all the reasons I love MOP. (There is to many)

BUT MOP IS AWESOME. Best expack yet. I adore everything about it.

except the CC in PVP >> that is maybe a bit over the top. haha but really. Best expansion yet. GG Bliz I was starting to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Please, dont be hating. I don't think you'll find any people on this board, who haven't done long grinds before. BUT having daylies as the ONLY option, that is where it went wrong.

PS; Exalted Argent Dawn inn classic wow, early 40 exalted title inn wotlk way before most people. What have you done inn wow? Again dont be hating.
    Dailies are not the only option. As stated above there are many ways. Dailies are only needed to get your rep up to revered(two weeks or lees of work), after that dailies are no longer needed unless you want bonus rolls which are not needed.

Deleted
    And back up to 10+ with 5.2. It has been going up and down a million players for years. Nothing new.
    For the doomsayers, even if it was to keep declining it would take about 5 years to even half it's playerbase.