Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm really surprised they chose Knaak to write this. I figured with the way theyve been killing off his star players they'd want nothing to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Senarx View Post
    I'm really surprised they chose Knaak to write this. I figured with the way theyve been killing off his star players they'd want nothing to do with him.
    The man invented the Aspects...

Quote Originally Posted by Senarx View Post
    I doubt the guy gets complete free reign to do as he pleases, pretty sure Chriss Metzen would have input and speak up if he didn't like the way Knaak was going with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Neltharion's just being alpha. Doesn't necessarily mean evil.
    Exactly.

You can be an asshole and still a good guy. Hell the most popular heroes are assholes

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Are you joking?

Wrath stands as my favorite expansion not just due to the memories I had with my friends, but for the immersive story of Arthas and his downfall.

They handled his development in a mature and personal manner; he was a villain I was overjoyed to conquer in ICC.

The only gripe I have with this book is the fact it's written by Knaak, whose character development and writing isn't something I'm exactly a fan of.
    Not joking at all. If you take the original introduction and story of the Lich King. The Orc, Ner'zhul who was tortured and imprisoned in a cask of ice. Flung into the Great Dark Beyond and smashed into Northrend. The Lich King that was cunning enough to outsmart his Natherizim jailers, spread the undead plague and create his own army loyal to him. Then remember the entire Scourge story in the RoC and TFT was culminated in the union between Arthas and Ner'zhul.

Compare that character to direction of him post-WoW and you should easily be able to see how much of let down the Lich King's story is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any retcon in this at the moment, so I'll hold of on judging it. I don't particularly dislike Knaak's writing, I just think he's less subtle and more slightly over the top with the way he represents certain things, but I think that's probably just as much Blizz egging him on with certain things. I mean, Blizz has final say in this, so as much as you can hate on the Raptor Army and such nonsense he did, Blizz o.k.'ed it.

I like the idea behind this story though, and with the format it's taking I might actually buy it right away, instead of waiting for it. With an e-book format it's most likely cheaper and easier to get for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Arthas's development wasn't so horrible on its own. But everything revolving around the Lich King story post-WoW was horrible. Anti-climatic and disjointed from original character progression of the LK.
    he's a man-child who almost goes completely over the edge because he drove his horse too far and got it killed
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Cut Neltharion some slack. He was a good dragon in the past. It was the old god's fault he became insane and corrupted. If they had not done so then he would have fought against them and the Legion together with his fellow Aspects. Too bad Blizzard handled him horribly bad in the Cataclysm expansion compared to the Lich King. Deathwing had very little appearance and was acting like a dumb dragon brute. The final battle was far from as epic it could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I doubt the guy gets complete free reign to do as he pleases, pretty sure Chriss Metzen would have input and speak up if he didn't like the way Knaak was going with the story.
    Metzen's memo to Knaak is "Do whatever you want just make sure Orcs look good in all your stories that have them in it, and if they don't or can't find a way add one in it anyways. And also remember WoW is ultimately about Humans and Orcs so if you don't have a human as a main role at least find a way to add one to it for consistency"

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Metzen's memo to Knaak is "Do whatever you want just make sure Orcs look good in all your stories that have them in it, and if they don't or can't find a way add one in it anyways. And also remember WoW is ultimately about Humans and Orcs so if you don't have a human as a main role at least find a way to add one to it for consistency"
    LOL, I have to admit that made me giggle
    Still I am looking forward to this book, because it will hopefully give us a bit more info on the titans (can't believe we really don't know that much about them by this point!) And Aspect Lore is my favourite second only to Night Elven Lore. Plus I agree with some others here that for all Knaaks faults he does dragons well in my opinion.

I can't wait to read the whole thing. It's going to be good for sure!