Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Obviously. However once disc becomes viable they tend to be really easy to play when nobody trains them. I mean shamans have more to work with so that makes them easier and harder at the same time as they have more things they have to do and can do. What I'm getting at is that disc's don't have to offensivly shear and use totems so when nobody is on them they just stand there pressing 123. They're really squishy thought so under pressure they have to fake the enemy or they're done.
    Good priests are helping burst and going into melee range for fears when they aren't healing. That's more than 123.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Druids are getting nerfed, Disc and Holy Priests are getting buffed and nerfed and so still won't be relevant, Mistweavers are getting well deserved buffs - probably not enough of them though to bring them to Rsham/Hpal representation, Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins are staying just as they are - despite being borderline OP. Not sure how you think Hpallies are going to get even relatively worse this patch.
    I dont see how druids are getting "nerfed". sure displace beast is getting changed but idk if i would call it big enough to say druids are getting nerfed. if your dotted anyway ur not gonna stay invs for very long. plus cyclone lasts 2 seconds longer and still only has DR on intself. I'll agree that priests are staying about the same with their buffs and nerfs and rshaman are practically getting unchaged (only change they have is vigor and buff to elemental totems). dont know enough about pallys to judge them

Druids are getting nerfed, Disc and Holy Priests are getting buffed and nerfed and so still won't be relevant, Mistweavers are getting well deserved buffs - probably not enough of them though to bring them to Rsham/Hpal representation, Resto Shamans and Holy Paladins are staying just as they are - despite being borderline OP. Not sure how you think Hpallies are going to get even relatively worse this patch.
    Druids are getting buffed. The only nerf is stealth on displacer which isn't that much of a big deal anyway. They are getting a 10% healing buff and a change to wild mushrooms which could make them useful. All the cyclone changes have been reverted.

Disc are getting buffed to the point of probably being top tier along side the other healers. From what i've seen from people streaming PTR they seem to be pretty damn good.

Agree with Mistweavers.

Agree with Resto Shaman.

Paladin are getting a nerf to Blinding Light cast time. Meaning their CC chain isn't as faceroll to pull off. It's also a slight nerf to survivability as sometimes it was used defensively.

All in all it looks to be the most healer-balanced PvP season yet, assuming Mistweavers aren't buffed to god status and everyone rerolls them. It'll probably end up Monk = Rsham > Hpala > Druid = Disc. Obviously some will be better for various comps.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would pick holy if i were you. much lower skill cap, easier to play.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

[QUOTE=iWolfBanei;20136429 All the cyclone changes have been reverted. [/QUOTE]

gloves have changed from increased 5 yards to duration increased by 2 secs

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's all comp and style dependant:

Hpala > Melee cleave > Rshaman = Rdruid > Priest

Rshaman > WizCleave > Rdruid = Hpala = Priest (more or less)

It's always been like this, and will always be cuz Blizz balances PvP around 3v3 and each healer being good vs specific comps and situations.

Deleted
    Well Build-16539 just got updated for monks and MWs are now worst of than they are on live so 'being buffed to god status' doesn't look too likely atm!

You guys don't understand why the displacer beast is a nerf because you don't use it. Sure, dots will break stealth, and sure a warrior can leap onto you, etc. Displacer was strong because of the TARGET DROP. It does a few things, one it drops focus. That makes people have to refocus mid game and sometimes people forget to do so. Two it allows you to dodge CC. I could already dodge any CC with Growl even when I was on GCD (NERFED) but with displacer I could also dodge cyclones, fears, etc with a target drop. And the growl "trick" was nerfed to not allow you to growl and shift to bear while you were on GCD. Some games you would eat a sheep because you could not shift while on GCD.

Displacer target drop is a big nerf to druid survivability. And the cyclone duration increase was most definitely reverted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    You guys don't understand why the displacer beast is a nerf because you don't use it. Sure, dots will break stealth, and sure a warrior can leap onto you, etc. Displacer was strong because of the TARGET DROP.

Displacer target drop is a big nerf to druid survivability.
    Displacer beast was basically Vanish, Blink and Snare Break rolled into one spell. It was an exceptionally powerful escape mechanism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Displacer beast was basically Vanish, Blink and Snare Break rolled into one spell. It was an exceptionally powerful escape mechanism.
    It was, probably the strongest one ingame and I'm very happy it gets offed. Displace beast alone won so many Arenas and RBG's that it is not even funny anymore.

Apart from it doesn't break stuns like blink, it puts you into a form so you're on global and the stealth breaks on the first damage you take. Not saying it isn't good, but it's not like it's 3 amazing spells rolled into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Displace beast alone won so many Arenas and RBG's that it is not even funny anymore.
    In the same way Mortal Strike, Cheap Shot, Disengage and Grounding Totem win games. They are all spells. It's not like a Druid casting displacer beast actually won a game by itself.

(I agree with Displacer nerf, it didn't need the stealth component.. but it isn't as god mode as some of you are hinting. Any intelligent person would wait until the Druid displaced a CC before swapping to them. And if you're complaining about Druids running away from CC using it, then you've clearly never played a Druid... the only class without an aura mastery or CC break).

All healers are going to be glad viable or better in 5.2. Disc is very strong right now when you play with the right people and it's just getting buffed.
    Shamans have been very strong for a long time and i dont see this changing at all. Hpallys have always been strong with melee cleaves / dk,lock,pally teams. And monks are getting buffed. Druids are pretty viable right now with the right team.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    All the cyclone changes have been reverted.
    Balance/Restoration Druid PvP gloves bonus now increases Cyclone duration by 2 seconds (previously increased Cyclone range by 5 yards). *As of Feb 5th (wont let me post the link to the battle.net website) If you know of a newer release let me know

No doubt it was strong, but honestly druids needed something like that in order to live through some of the ridiculous burst. Paladins and Shaman are the go to healers this season because they deal with burst damage the best. Druids are really made for longer games. The target drop was the most important thing, but hopefully the change to allow you to move faster and break snare in one button will be enough to get to pillars and heal up. Talent was so strong I even used it over wild charge on z-axis maps so we all know it was overpowered and needed a fix.

15+ Year Old Account
    The other good use for Displacer Beast I haven't seen mentioned yet was drinking. God Comp rdruid's for example can frequently pull off mid-arena drinking (which is far more rare for other healers either this season or all last expansion), via Displacer Beast --> Stealthing to a distant pillar, they don't drop stealth until they are out of combat drinking. So, if you fortunately have a pet on your team you can sic them immediately, but they will still get a few ticks in - if you don't have a pet on your team they will likely get even more, since you have to figure out which pillar they went to in stealth.

So part of the reason the stealth on displacer beast was so incredibly strong was that it was:
    1) target drop / cast stop (blocking CC's and big nukes)
    2) melee escape tool (blink/vanish-> wait for recklessness to end in stealth, or they blow their charges picking a new target, then root them)
    3) out of combat drink tool (blink/vanish->go drink behind the farthest away pillar)
    4) oh shit button (blink/vanish->LoS/heal up)

Displacer Beast was WAYY too strong an ability, and I think some of you are underestimating just how good it was (my rdruid is in like <290k hp greens and never dies in 90 bgs, wholly because of my ability to blink/vanish the moment I take a hit). With that said, even with Displacer Beast rdruid's weren't as strong as hpal's and rsham's this season - so I think the nerf to an ability like DB that was propping them up - is going to hit them hard. They will still work in things like god comp, because of frost mage peels and spriest heals if they get stunned/tunneled - but their comp diversity is going to suffer in any comp that doesn't have frost mage peels + support hybrid heals for them.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

As long as shamans have Spirit link totem, they'll remain the best healer for 5.2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    but hopefully the change to allow you to move faster and break snare in one button will be enough to get to pillars and heal up
    With teleport, snare break and sprint all rolled into one spell on a 30s cooldown, it will be next to impossible to kill a druids.

With that said, even with Displacer Beast rdruid's weren't as strong as hpal's and rsham's this season - so I think the nerf to an ability like DB that was propping them up - is going to hit them hard.
    Resto druids are weak when Displacer Beast is down. Most classes don't have a strong escape mechanism, but they have abilities to slow focused damage: strong instant cast heals, Focused Will, Armor (Plate/Mail/Shields), Bubble, etc.

When your escape mechanism is on a 30 second cooldown, you are going to get caught. In other words, Resto Druids find themselves in their worst position all the time.

For utility easy: shaman tons of strong cds decent stacked AoE healing strong single target. Mana tide for mana and tremor to remove fears (Grand empires with 3 shamans is so easy) stormlash for more raid dps

For pure numbers Paladin should be top on meters with loads of AoE healing to spend tons of mana with higher spirit levels and just good overall healing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    For utility easy: shaman tons of strong cds decent stacked AoE healing strong single target. Mana tide for mana and tremor to remove fears (Grand empires with 3 shamans is so easy) stormlash for more raid dps

For pure numbers Paladin should be top on meters with loads of AoE healing to spend tons of mana with higher spirit levels and just good overall healing
    You seem lost

This is the pvp forum, we're concerned with Arena / RBG success here (no worries, happens all the time).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter