Page 34 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyCrown View Post
    Afraid the only way you can get one of those awesome vehicles to ride around in is if you pay the $100 founder option. I know we will have to option to craft or obtain temporary vehicles. . .but that bugs me (just my personal view on it).
    I'm sure there will be a way to acquire a permanent one at some stage, its just not in the beta atm, they are probably just trying to make the people that spend the $100 feel special, at least while its in beta and people can't craft or obtain a permanent vehicle.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-08 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I'm sure there will be a way to acquire a permanent one at some stage, its just not in the beta atm, they are probably just trying to make the people that spend the $100 feel special, at least while its in beta and people can't craft or obtain a permanent vehicle.
    I don't blame them, it's a F2P game. . .the vehicle (LVG) is more of a convenience than anything. The game so far is pretty awesome for still being in its early stages too. . .but I hope you're right about us being able to get permanent ones later on
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't blame them, it's a F2P game. . .the vehicle (LVG) is more of a convenience than anything. The game so far is pretty awesome for still being in its early stages too. . .but I hope you're right about us being able to get permanent ones later on
    I sure hope so, as i have no intention of shelling 100$ for a mount. I know you get other stuff too, but you can get those on cheaper packs, or not at all if the goodies don't interest you.
    The tasks that we are able to do aren't very much varied atm, but it is beta, so every once in a while i drop by to shoot stuff and relax of my other MMO's. And report bugs while i'm at it. Its pretty great incentive to know that they aren't erasing character progress through the beta unless they absolutely must do it, it gives me extra incentive to play the game before its release state.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-08 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope so, as i have no intention of shelling 100$ for a mount. I know you get other stuff too, but you can get those on cheaper packs, or not at all if the goodies don't interest you.
    The tasks that we are able to do aren't very much varied atm, but it is beta, so every once in a while i drop by to shoot stuff and relax of my other MMO's. And report bugs while i'm at it. Its pretty great incentive to know that they aren't erasing character progress through the beta unless they absolutely must do it, it gives me extra incentive to play the game before its release state.
    Feel the same way in terms of playing even though there are limited activities, might as well unlock all the XP stuff. I know there's an option in-game to give "feed-back" in terms of giving suggestions and ideas to the devs for Firefall. Would be nice if they got some more ideas in terms of more things to do. Obviously taking stuff from other successful FPS games and implimenting them into Firefall is what they're trying to do, so hopfully we will get a lot more.

At their site for voting on suggestions, a lot of people seem to want a melee type option. . .maybe we will get lightsabers of some sort *-*
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel the same way in terms of playing even though there are limited activities, might as well unlock all the XP stuff. I know there's an option in-game to give "feed-back" in terms of giving suggestions and ideas to the devs for Firefall. Would be nice if they got some more ideas in terms of more things to do. Obviously taking stuff from other successful FPS games and implimenting them into Firefall is what they're trying to do, so hopfully we will get a lot more.

At their site for voting on suggestions, a lot of people seem to want a melee type option. . .maybe we will get lightsabers of some sort *-*
    Not sure how that will work in FireFall, although i guess some unique battleframes for melee purposes wouldnt be too much far off, like a Recon using Ninja swords, and Dreadnaughts using Hammers and Maces . I've played enough Mass Effect 3 multiplayer , SWTOR, etc. to know that you can come up with melee weapons that look Sci Fi enough to fit in the universe.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-08 at 02:45 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing the game the last couple of days and I have to say it's much better than I anticipated. The gameplay, though limited, feels really polished and straightforward but still fun. I like the alternative character progression through battleframes and how the crafting works.

The only downside is that there's only a handful of things to do and I'm starting to not be very compelled to do them. Does anyone know if this is just this version of Beta with almost no variety in activities and if they have specific plans for new 'quests' or 'dynamic events'? I can only defend a location, take a location, kill this thing, and recover these things so many times before I get pretty bored.
    BAD WOLF

We need alternate primary weapons (some melee weapons were suggested above)

The jump between level 1 and 2 battleframes didn't really change your play style much within the archetype. There's so much room the expand how you play that it is a little mind boggling.
    And as kitty points out, there's much need "what you play" elements that need fleshing out as well.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    I really feel like they have an excellent foundation with nowhere to go, but up.

Things I would like to see:

1) More 'Quests': I know this isn't a traditional questing game, but there does need to be some framed story elements that continue on, even if it's as simple as a couple a day. I thought the initial ones were very well done, so they clearly have ideas that can be expanded on.

2) More Event Diversity: This one might be coming, don't know enough about future plans

3) Psuedo Levels: I know progression is tied to your frame, which is genius, but there need to be progressively harder zones that only suprerior frames or superior skill can triumph over. This also may be coming, idk.

4) More customization: This can all be for red beans, but the ability to change the color of some abilities like assault's white/blue blast...being able to change it to purple, or yellow, w/e...I would totally pay for these things since the base game is free.

Anyone else that there playing beta who has ideas on what would help flesh out the game?
    BAD WOLF

FFA zone and quest.
    Collect 5 rare crystals from extremely powerful enemies from a previously melded zone called "the precipices". You can also collect these crystals from other, dead players.
    Upon entering the zone you are marked hostile to anyone in that zone.

Daily exploration quest.
    Reactivate one of the collapsed melding shields and use this probe deep within in it in order to detect changes in the land since the last time the shield was up. Defend the probe while it takes its measurements. (it can be quite loud.)

Daily crafting quest.
    We need X parts for Y purpose. reward: box of spare parts with a chance of a rare schematic.

just some ideas.

If anyone has a beta invite (or two if possible) please hit me up. I'd love to try this out and I have a friend I'd like to play with as well. Thanks in advance for sending me a PM!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I've been playing the game the last couple of days and I have to say it's much better than I anticipated. The gameplay, though limited, feels really polished and straightforward but still fun. I like the alternative character progression through battleframes and how the crafting works.

The only downside is that there's only a handful of things to do and I'm starting to not be very compelled to do them. Does anyone know if this is just this version of Beta with almost no variety in activities and if they have specific plans for new 'quests' or 'dynamic events'? I can only defend a location, take a location, kill this thing, and recover these things so many times before I get pretty bored.
    From what i gathered, these defend/kill/fetch quests you're doing are just events, sort like GW2, i assume from what they've said in the past , there will be a storyline played out in the tradional questing system , the stuff you're doing now is the "side" stuff that you probably do whilst heading to the location of your next main quest goal. I'd bet it will be something similiar to GW2 or very close to that. A main storyline, and the "hearts"/events.
    You may have noticed we generally have a "small" map to play on , on account of the melding, and the story will be all about re-conquering the melded zones, as we push back the melding and reveal "new" areas, the story will play out.
    I suggest not to burn yourself out too much , its still a very small beta, content wise, play it as a side game like i do, whenever i'm bored of GW2 and TSW, i pop on FireFall and just mindlessly shoot anything that moves, get XP for it, advance on my Battleframe (they won't delete your progress when beta is over, unless they really, really have too, they've stated this in forums many times.) and report bugs while i'm at it.

http://www.firefallthegame.com/game/ You can see just before the bottom of the page, sort of like a progress bar, and where they are at right now, still to be launched is the Chosen War, the Episodic Campaign, among other stuff.

As for the Frames hk-51 mencioned, they are supposedely being "reworked" . When you choose a diferent Tier2 frame it will apparently play different than Tier 1, or the other Tier 2 option, and so on. http://www.firefallthegame.com/2013/...frame-changes/ this is their latest post on that and you can read about their philosophy plans on how to make the Battleframes feel distinctive from one another, within the same "Class".
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-13 at 01:30 AM.

As for the Frames hk-51 mencioned, they are supposedely being "reworked" . When you choose a diferent Tier2 frame it will apparently play different than Tier 1, or the other Tier 2 option, and so on. http://www.firefallthegame.com/2013/...frame-changes/ this is their latest post on that and you can read about their philosophy plans on how to make the Battleframes feel distinctive from one another, within the same "Class".
    Fantastic.

I really hope they get their heads out of the "balance paradox" and into the "fun game play > all" mentality and push it onto the player to pick a frame that works in pvp.
    kind of like what rift does. Just make hundreds of play styles to choose from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Fantastic.

I really hope they get their heads out of the "balance paradox" and into the "fun game play > all" mentality and push it onto the player to pick a frame that works in pvp.
    kind of like what rift does. Just make hundreds of play styles to choose from.
    Yep i really agree on that as a PvE player mostly. Just let the PvPers choose the best options and let me keep all my toys and shinies to vary my playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*.
    Thanks for the good information. I had seen the timeline, but didn't have enough knowledge of the company or game to know what that really means to me. I do play it as a side game and it is very fun to do exactly what you described: run around and shoot anything that moves. I've become quite a hermit in my MMO playing and love doing everything by myself, but running around with a squad destroying the chosen was pretty awesome. Someone in the group had a $100 founder status, so the bonus XP was amazing.

If it does follow some sort of story like you mention, this game is set to hit a home run. Whether other people will agree and pay them for some beans remains to be seen, but I hope so.
    BAD WOLF

Finally got some time to log some more hours last night.

It just keeps getting better.

Loving the fact that humanoids no longer turn into giants missingNos when they die.

Now if we could just fix the glider pads lol.

Either way. If you were playing 3 months ago and it felt slightly choppy or laggy, thats probably gone now.

Keep up the good work red5.

10+ Year Old Account

Loving the fact that humanoids no longer turn into giants missingNos when they die.

Now if we could just fix the glider pads lol.

Either way. If you were playing 3 months ago and it felt slightly choppy or laggy, thats probably gone now.

Keep up the good work red5.
    Glider pads work. Don't press any buttons when you are thrown into the air, until you read "Glider Enabled" . It should work fine. If you attempt to press Space , or Foward before this happens, Glider won't trigger. This could be an issue or intended i don't know the game does of poor job at tutorials so far , hopefully theyll remedy that before launch.
    I still get choppiness and lag in certain areas , even tho i can play far superior graphical demanding games, it is beta so likely not optimized yet.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-02-18 at 05:37 PM.

Glider pads work. Don't press any buttons when you are throw into the air, until you read "Glider Enabled" . It should work fine.
    hm. That's new. Before you could even run at the glide and press space bar and get some more momentum out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    hm. That's new. Before you could even run at the glide and press space bar and get some more momentum out of it.
    Yep , i took a small break from the game, like 2 months. Before the last patch i swear i could press space and nothing bad happened. The other day as i was fighting Chosen and repeatedly getting my ass kicked, i kept having to use the gliders to return to the location. Any button imputs would break the glider/wouldn't trigger. So i tried not pressing anything, and voilá it worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 5 invites. Send a PM with an e-mail.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

I played a bit last night and felt the opposite. I got endlessly frustrated by how unresponsive the game was being after only 10 minutes. I couldn't even finish my quest to change battleframes because it took 5 minutes to recognize that I purchased a different frame, and then I spent 5 minutes trying to get it equipped before finally quitting due to the game refusing to do anything -_-

And it felt like they removed character customization options from when I last played !_!