Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I strongly recommend doing push up / sit through combos. It will greatly increase your breathing and your endurance allowing you to work out longer, and get better results. Ever since I replaced standard push ups / pulls with more mobility type moves, I have seen better results. You can also do squat rolls where you squat, roll on your back, then back forward and launch yourself up. This way you will get both legs and arms.

A lot of new people try to go at working out with a goal in their mind of becoming ripped MMA all stars. You first need to master endurance training so you can work out for about an hour at max level, and then work on your reps. If you're doing reps first and just messing around doing it at 50% you will get nothing out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I strongly recommend doing push up / sit through combos. It will greatly increase your breathing and your endurance allowing you to work out longer, and get better results. Ever since I replaced standard push ups / pulls with more mobility type moves, I have seen better results. You can also do squat rolls where you squat, roll on your back, then back forward and launch yourself up. This way you will get both legs and arms.

A lot of new people try to go at working out with a goal in their mind of becoming ripped MMA all stars. You first need to master endurance training so you can work out for about an hour at max level, and then work on your reps. If you're doing reps first and just messing around doing it at 50% you will get nothing out of it.
    No one can workout for an hour straight at max level. Hell, I dont think anyone can really workout at max for longer than 6 mins. If you have ever wrestled you would understand how fucking tired you can get in 2 mins.

The roll back in the squat exists for the purpose of developing concentric strength out of the hole. It is a great thing to do when learning how to do pistol squats but I dont think it makes sense to do otherwise. If you are doing heavy squats you are going to get your heart rate above 160 quite easily anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by himynameisruss View Post
    don't think you quite understand what it is to be "big" when it comes to having an endurance body or a gymnastic body.
    I think you and many others do not understand people and how they want to sculpt their own bodies. This guy wants to gain a SMALL amount of mass, not a lot. As said in his first post. He wants to increase reps.
    I understand an endurance body and I understand a gymnastics body. No one ever said ANYTHING about getting a gymnastics body. No one ever said ANYTHING about getting big AT ALL.

And you can be ripped without being fucking jacked. Either way, you're going to be skinny. Skinny is a lower body fat percentage, not having no muscles and no fat.
    If you have an 8-pack and aren't a twig, you are ripped. If you are 5'7 and weight 140 and every muscle you can see is defined, that's fucking ripped.
    If people want to say otherwise, just ignore them. It's all opinion based, some people have such a hardon for larger body building bodies. That's why Alistair Overeem is so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    I think you and many others do not understand people and how they want to sculpt their own bodies. This guy wants to gain a SMALL amount of mass, not a lot. As said in his first post. He wants to increase reps.
    I understand an endurance body and I understand a gymnastics body. No one ever said ANYTHING about getting a gymnastics body. No one ever said ANYTHING about getting big AT ALL.

And you can be ripped without being fucking jacked. Either way, you're going to be skinny. Skinny is a lower body fat percentage, not having no muscles and no fat.
    If you have an 8-pack and aren't a twig, you are ripped. If you are 5'7 and weight 140 and every muscle you can see is defined, that's fucking ripped.
    If people want to say otherwise, just ignore them. It's all opinion based, some people have such a hardon for larger body building bodies. That's why Alistair Overeem is so popular.
    you really have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.

there's a different between having definition due to mass and having definition due to being a skinny fuck.

once again, you don't understand the difference between a body built from bodyweight exercises and one built from lifting. any skinny kid with 8% body fat will have a 6 pack, but there's a difference between that and having muscle mass while still having that same 6 pack. learn a few things before you spew misinformation.

you really have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.

there's a different between having definition due to mass and having definition due to being a skinny fuck.

once again, you don't understand the difference between a body built from bodyweight exercises and one built from lifting. any skinny kid with 8% body fat will have a 6 pack, but there's a difference between that and having muscle mass while still having that same 6 pack. learn a few things before you spew misinformation.
    "any skinny kid with 8% body fat will have a 6 pack"
    You just told me you don't know what you're talking about. Because that's an untrue statement. There are kids who would be 120 pounds with 8% body fat and have no muscle definition, those same people can gain 10 pounds and have that definition. Anyone who is at 8% body fat would be considered skinny. Then there are the scrawny nothings that play nerds in high school sitcoms where they weigh 125 pounds and have no muscle.
    Have you ever seen a 5'7 mma fighter that fights at 125? Dude is ripped, and they have muscle, it's not bulky, but it is still muscle.
    I weigh 5'7 150 and have about 14% body fat, I can deadlift more than my weight, I can bench my weight, I can pick up pool table slates and go up and down stairs with them. I'm NOT bulky, but if someone wants to say I'm just some skinny fuck who has no muscles, I'd laugh at them for being a fucking moron.

So once again, you don't understand anything I'm saying, and I have no idea where you get your opinions from. But here's a quote I love:
    "If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong." - Bill Nye.

"any skinny kid with 8% body fat will have a 6 pack"
    You just told me you don't know what you're talking about. Because that's an untrue statement. There are kids who would be 120 pounds with 8% body fat and have no muscle definition, those same people can gain 10 pounds and have that definition. Anyone who is at 8% body fat would be considered skinny. Then there are the scrawny nothings that play nerds in high school sitcoms where they weigh 125 pounds and have no muscle.
    Have you ever seen a 5'7 mma fighter that fights at 125? Dude is ripped, and they have muscle, it's not bulky, but it is still muscle.
    I weigh 5'7 150 and have about 14% body fat, I can deadlift more than my weight, I can bench my weight, I can pick up pool table slates and go up and down stairs with them. I'm NOT bulky, but if someone wants to say I'm just some skinny fuck who has no muscles, I'd laugh at them for being a fucking moron.

So once again, you don't understand anything I'm saying, and I have no idea where you get your opinions from. But here's a quote I love:
    "If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong." - Bill Nye.
    You are a skinny fuck. You are unmuscular and moderately athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    You're just begging for an infraction aren't you?

Once again, that isn't ripped. That's skinny.
    Ripped would be low bf% and definition showing. Skinny is low bf% and lookin like you came out of aushwitz.
    OT: eat at a caloric surplus if you want to add mass. As far as lifting routines, I think they'll all yield similar results as long as you're taking in adequate food and protein. Compound movements are almost fundamental to build strength. Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe is great for novices and advanced lifters. Well worth a read.

See, here is where you're wrong. I am a martial arts practitioner/fighter. I am a boxer that hasn't dieted down to fight weight.
    Manny Pacquiao is 145 pounds at weigh-ins, maybe 10 pounds heavier for fights. He is not a "skinny fuck" and he is muscular. He's not a massive behemoth of a man. He dominated the boxing world for many years at this weight.
    You do NOT have to be a massive behemoth of a man. So, once again, I'll leave with the Bill Nye quote.
    "If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong."

See, here is where you're wrong. I am a martial arts practitioner/fighter. I am a boxer that hasn't dieted down to fight weight.
    Manny Pacquiao is 145 pounds at weigh-ins, maybe 10 pounds heavier for fights. He is not a "skinny fuck" and he is muscular. He's not a massive behemoth of a man. He dominated the boxing world for many years at this weight.
    You do NOT have to be a massive behemoth of a man. So, once again, I'll leave with the Bill Nye quote.
    Manny is a skinny fuck. You serious? He looks sickly to me. He is a phenomenal athlete but he is still skinny as hell. At 5'7", you leave the skinny fuck zone at around 160.

Manny is a skinny fuck. You serious? He looks sickly to me. He is a phenomenal athlete but he is still skinny as hell. At 5'7", you leave the skinny fuck zone at around 160.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's all it is though, an opinion.

"sup bros, i'm not fat, i just haven't dieted down to fight at my weight yet"

"sup bros, i'm not fat, i just haven't dieted down to fight at my weight yet"
    If you consider 5'7 and 150 pounds fat, by all means, talk shit. My fight weight would be 132, I'm not fat, I just haven't dieted down to my fight weight.

[QUOTE=Asseymcgee;20027629]I'm looking for a pretty good routine on these bodyweight exercises. I want to increase my reps. Ya know, do more push ups/pullups
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I have a pair of perfect pushup bars and a pullup bar.
    How many push ups and pull ups can you currently do in a set? How many do you want to do?

I think bodyweight pullups can take people VERY far. Pushups slightly less so. Squats very much less so. Though with squats you can grave something heavy (perhaps a 66lb bag of sand) and make it last a bit longer before needing barbells.

Offset movements like split squats or lunges can also emphasize one leg and help you transition into totally unilateral things like pistol squats. Though I've never managed them.

Look up bar brothers on Youtube they have some videos that will be useful for what you want