Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Smile What class to choose in patch 5,2

Hi, I know people has been asking these kind of questions all the time.. But I really can't choose what class to go for this patch. I mainly play ret, but I think the class is decent, but just to boring playing style..

Im not sure what to go for of Mage,rogue or warrior. thanks for all the answears!

Deleted
    FOTM reroll ftw!

Rogue. They are going to be nuts next season.

Mage or rogue. Mage nerfs are getting reverted. Rogues are getting overbuffed.

If you have the option of going monk do that instead of all of the above.

Warriors will likely be pretty viable but on the weaker end of things next patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I wanna mock you for being a FOTMer. But then I see you're playing a Ret (like me) so I completely sympathize.

Basically any class except Rets and DPS Shaman are easily in demand for RBGs.

Casters - Locks >= Mage > Spriests

Healers - Always in demand, no matter what class. Even priests getting some nice buffs which could work out, if not Shadow is strong as hell still.

Melee - See above for shitty melee. Everything else works very well esp. Lolgrip Knights

Tanks - Go warrior or feral. Blood is better served by being Frost/Unh, and Monks and Paladin tanks rely too much on active mitigation, which means stun = dead. Granted I may be wrong on brewmaster monks, they're unproven for now.

Don't think these threads are allowed...

But I'm just gonna throw out some bias, elemental shaman

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue or monk, both get buffed alot.

Thanks for all the answears! Well, im no rerolling cause I think ret is shit, I just think the class is boring as fuck to play, the play style is so boring .. But I want to play rogue or mage, so need help with what to choose, whats do you perpz think is the most fun to play?

Mage probably

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just try them out on the ptr and stop making these stupid threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Did you just imply that warlocks are the best caster? LOL!! Try Everything > Ret > Lock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Did you imply Locks are bad? You surely can't be participating in active PvP now, at least at a decent MMR. Warlocks are in a very good spot right now, a Chaos Bolt can easily lose you a match in seconds.
    sorry.. i just really have to: LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you imply Locks are bad? You surely can't be participating in active PvP now, at least at a decent MMR. Warlocks are in a very good spot right now, a Chaos Bolt can easily lose you a match in seconds.
    And I have to do this as well: LOL
    Yes, warlocks are in such a good spot. 120k chaosbolts, so overpowered. Sorry bro, but warlocks are only half decent in RBG because they can chain chaosbolts, spam blood fear and prevent flag captures with F&B. Now lets see, blood fear is getting nerfed, F&B is getting nerfed and surprise, even chaosbolt is taking a small nerf because of the GoSac nerf.
    And in arena, I'd wish they were in a good spot.

I am personally thinking to work on my priest myself, I want a healer at 90 and I always enjoyed the priest class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    Did you just imply that warlocks are the best caster? LOL!! Try Everything > Ret > Lock
    If you're gonna lolquote me, at least do me the courtesy of quoting in context. I'm referring to RBG demands when I put those rankings:

Basically any class except Rets and DPS Shaman are easily in demand for RBGs.

Yes, for RBGs locks >= Mage because of their utility (gateway, AOE, etc). Dispute that if you wish.

And for the guys out there making it sound like Lock is somehow the worst PVP spec in the game, who are you kidding. I'm not saying locks are top of the crop - because that is always going to be debateable - but they are MORE than viable in arena and RBG. Plenty of 2000+ Rated locks in BG9 alone, let alone other battlegroups. No need to overdo the hyperbole on these forums. The fact that YOU'D say locks are worst than Rets or Elemental Shaman right now astounds me.
    Last edited by Booniehat; 2013-02-08 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you get hit by chaos bolt you play at 2k mmr probably. No decent lock even plays destro.

Edit: unless you play rbgs my b

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    If you're gonna lolquote me, at least do me the courtesy of quoting in context. I'm referring to RBG demands when I put those rankings:

Yes, for RBGs locks >= Mage because of their utility (gateway, AOE, etc). Dispute that if you wish.
    And surprisingly enough, frost mages alone are better represented then the whole warlock class in RBG.
    Spriests are higher represented then destruction, and so is retribution.

For RBG, warlocks are the 4th least represented class, with only rogues, monks and hunters doing worse.
    For arena, we are the 4th least represented class as well, with rogues, monks and deathknights below us. We've dropped under 4% representation already, and still decreasing. Mages are the 5th least represented class, sitting on 9.2%, being roughly 2.5 times as much represented as us.

If you want to play melee, Rogue.
    If you want to play caster, Mage.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Rogue. They are going to be nuts next season.
    This, or balance druid if you're good at it and spec vortex + play with a DK with gorefriend's grasp and have large radius solar beam.

Doomshrooms + vortex + mass entaglement + solar beam + starfall + gorefiend's grasp , maybe howling blast. For extra flavor add bladestorm, smoke bomb, binding shot... just bring some friends
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I see every1 state that the rogues will be gods next patch when we only get double vanish evasion sprint via prep(5min cd) , ST is getting nerfed no more slow root range attack blind got to 2 min cd , the only good news is the cloack to 1 min.
    Our survive is still poor we die in 1 stun , i would revert the prept baseline just to use feint while stunned.
    As for the unstopable ambush while dance or whatever u wanna use u sacrifice your shadowstep for it so tbh i dont see why the rogue will be god , sure will be better than is now but not like the ppl make it sound , unlike the mages who got everything reverted + on PTR ppl complain atm hes getting in couple sec retarded heals with the evo changes