Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get real. Don't blindly hate the military, the soldiers don't make these decisions. Wanna know what makes me die a little inside? People like you hating on people who give up a part of their lives to fight for their country.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    If you agree with the person you quoted, then your understanding of the debt problem is child like at best.
    You do understand the debt problem is non-exist-ant right? The USA in reality has no debt, but to further keep the economic powerhouse that is China going, China needs to give the USA money to continually keep buying products from China. In turn keeping China's economy alive. The fact still stand though, that they have a debt. Please don't consider anything childish or that my understanding of the debt crisis which isn't a crisis is poor. China relies on the USA to keep it a-float as they are the sole proprietor to Chinas economic status and they are the importer and exporter of all their goods.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    If you agree with the person you quoted, then your understanding of the debt problem is child like at best.
    Well, my 2 kids can clearly tell if you are spending more than what you are receiving in revenue that's not a sustainable thing, unless you're a government I guess.

So, I guess yea my "understanding" of the debt problem is child-like. It takes a rocket scientist to see we are spending $1 TRILLION dollars more than we are receiving revenue.

I don't see how me agreeing with someone that says we shouldn't be sending money to any country is having the understanding of the US debt as "child-like".

I don't see how me disagreeing with spending tons of money (that we don't have, CLEARLY hence we are $16.5 TRILLION dollars in the red) on frivolous things is "child-like" in understanding the debt of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    very eloquently put.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 08:53 PM ----------

The only way to win a war is with boots on the ground. unless your advocating genocide and the complete destruction of a countries infastructure.
    The destruction of the countries infrastructure happens whether or not you send troops or drones. And I highly doubt the civilian outcome would be that different, not with how accurate the USA military equipment is at this present date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Modern military power is all about force projection and mobility. Its alot easier to deploy personnal if there are already exising supply chains, logistics and equipment than if we have to build them from scratch.

We could also talk about the nessesity of ecnomic security being preserved by having the ability to put down brushfire wars anywhere in the world that could threaten the glbal economy.
    Everything we need to assist our buddies in the new global imperialism. It requires that many bases in foreign lands, like you said, to have the logistical capabilities to fight on several fronts and at any place in the world.

Why is the US allowed to do this and nobody else? It is because we are not "allowed" to, but who the hell is going to turn away the most powerful military force the world has ever seen. We also bring some money to the poorer ones, so it is not everyone does not want us there.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Elemair View Post
    You do understand the debt problem is non-exist-ant right? The USA in reality has no debt, but to further keep the economic powerhouse that is China going, China needs to give the USA money to continually keep buying products from China. In turn keeping China's economy alive. The fact still stand though, that they have a debt. Please don't consider anything childish or that my understanding of the debt crisis which isn't a crisis is poor. China relies on the USA to keep it a-float as they are the sole proprietor to Chinas economic status and they are the importer and exporter of all their goods.
    I really, really, REALLY would love to hear how there is no debt problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Get real. Don't blindly hate the military, the soldiers don't make these decisions. Wanna know what makes me die a little inside? People like you hating on people who give up a part of their lives to fight for their country.
    Who is this in reference to? I never hated on military personnel, my brother is currently in the Canadian Army and I in no way disrespect his decision.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 03:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I really, really, REALLY would love to hear how there is no debt problem.
    There definitely is a debt problem as the debt still exists, but in reality it doesn't need to be paid off and isn't expected to be. China realizes that the USA will never be able to pay them back, yet still gives them increasingly more amounts of money to further the economic situation of China as in turn they are essentially receiving all the money back that they give the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Everything we need to assist our buddies in the new global imperialism. It requires that many bases in foreign lands, like you said, to have the logistical capabilities to fight on several fronts and at any place in the world.

Why is the US allowed to do this and nobody else? It is because we are not "allowed" to, but who the hell is going to turn away the most powerful military force the world has ever seen. We also bring some money to the poorer ones, so it is not everyone does not want us there.
    Your puling what i was trying to say slightly out of context.

Take Tiawan and china for example, there has been animousity for years, and China has expressed an intrest in annexing tiawan with force if nessesary for years, Tiawan doesn't like this Idea.

The presence of U.S. Carrier groups has acted as a deterent against Chinesse military agression agianst Tiawan for years, preventing a war that if it were to take place would disrupt global supply chains and economies World over.

We could also look at Soviet intentions to Western Europe during the cold war, Russian and Chinesse relations during the cold war etc etc.

Having the biggest dick on the block also has alot of responciblites, just so happens we happen to have that dick for now.

Can you tell me why else the United Sates invaded a foreign country that was prospering and made it a complete shit hole? (Please don't use WMD, or any other such propaganda, even fighting terrorism is bullshit when your country first invented the terrorists to begin with.)
    actually saddam had been known to use and produce WMDs, harbouring terrorists, invading nearby countries, and engaging in genocide.

so yeah, i dont think it was oil. even if it was, why would that be bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    You obviously have no idea how things work. I am no economist by any means, but to say that the US i spoor is just flat out wrong. Texas and California have bigger GDPs than all but like 5 or 6 counties.
    You don't need to understand how things work to understand that the USA has the biggest debt in the world. It doesn't matter how much money your country makes, it is impossible to pay off a singular trillion dollar loan, let alone $16.481 trillion. This in turn makes the USA debt status - 3rd world. If they took the entire populace of the United Status and demanded that they pay every cent they have borrowed from China, your country would be 3rd world as a whole. Even if that happened, you would still have trillions and trillions of dollars to still pay off. THEREFORE if your country stopped borrowing money all together, your infrastructure would collapse and the entire civilization of the United States would be "poor".

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 03:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    actually saddam had been known to use and produce WMDs, harbouring terrorists, invading nearby countries, and engaging in genocide.

so yeah, i dont think it was oil. even if it was, why would that be bad?
    Saddam improved the economic state of Iraq and kept it on a steady progressive line, now it is in a constant state of decline. Was invading it good? Was it bad? I can't say that wrecking an entire countries economic welfare over a singular man was a good idea, that's up to you though.
    Last edited by Elemair; 2013-02-08 at 03:18 AM.

You don't need to understand how things work to understand that the USA has the biggest debt in the world. It doesn't matter how much money your country makes, it is impossible to pay off a singular trillion dollar loan, let alone $16.481 trillion. This in turn makes the USA debt status - 3rd world. If they took the entire populace of the United Status and demanded that they pay every cent they have borrowed from China, your country would be 3rd world as a whole. Even if that happened, you would still have trillions and trillions of dollars to still pay off. THEREFORE if your country stopped borrowing money all together, your infrastructure would collapse and the entire civilization of the United States would be "poor".

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 03:16 AM ----------

Saddam improved the economic state of Iraq and kept it on a steady progressive line, now it is in a constant state of decline. Was invading it good? Was it bad? I can't say that wrecking entire countries economic welfare over a singular man was a good idea, that's up to you though.
    Been to iraq 3 times, for a total of 39 months.

The only people saddaam was worried about helping was his own cronies.

Been to iraq 3 times, for a total of 39 months.

The only people saddaam was worried about helping was his own cronies.
    Even if he was just helping his cronies, he furthered the country than any singular dictator of Iraq has ever done before. Considering the amount of revenue the country was receiving before this war started, it had the footholds to become at least a 2nd world country in terms of economic growth. The country of Iraq will never change even if Saddam isn't there. A sole person can't change the community and culture of a country.

Even if he was just helping his cronies, he furthered the country than any singular dictator of Iraq has ever done before. Considering the amount of revenue the country was receiving before this war started, it had the footholds to become at least a 2nd world country in terms of economic growth. The country of Iraq will never change even if Saddam isn't there. A sole person can't change the community and culture of a country.
    Sure if you can ignore the Random executions, gang rapes of children, underground prisons for the children of dissenters, torture chambers etc..etc. One man CAN change the community and culture of a country, Saddam did it, and the aholltolah (yes i know spelling) of iran did a pretty good job too.

Whats the point of ecnomic growth if the only people that are going to see it is the family and close friends of the one man?

Sure if you can ignore the Random executions, gang rapes of children, underground prisons for the children of dissenters, torture chambers etc..etc. One man CAN change the community and culture of a country, Saddam did it, and the aholltolah (yes i know spelling) of iran did a pretty good job too.

Whats the point of ecnomic growth if the only people that are going to see it is the family and close friends of the one man?
    You can't spend the amount of money they were receiving on the family and friends of one man, it's ultimately impossible. It was furthering the economic business of Iraq. You have to put more and more money into the economy to receive more and more money. The people who work the oil fields aren't being paid nothing. The more businesses that arise in accordance with the amount of revenue they were receiving was booming. He was improving the economic state of the country on a whole and you can't ignore that. Random executions, gang rape of children, underground prisions for children/dissenters and torture chambers, etc, etc still exist and will never disappear, not now at least. Almost any 3rd world country in the Middle East has these problems, as human trafficking is a booming business to get into. BTW that is still part of their culture/community as the people of Iraq were partaking in these events. You can't do these things a sole man, it requires thousands of people and the support of like minded individuals, a community effort.

Do you think since the invading of Iraq that these things are gone, that without Saddam these things won't continue?
    Last edited by Elemair; 2013-02-08 at 03:37 AM.

Look deeper into the issue it is not black and white. The men and women in the military have chosen to serve the people of the United States. Every person in this country (and many others) owe a great deal to those in the military.

Politicians who abuse the military are a different issue. We tend to see the scum rise to the top in politics and our current political situation is no exception to the rule. We no longer have statesmen who hold office as a service to the country, rather many in office seek only to serve themselves and in doing so take from everyone else.

The underlying problem that is the root and has been the root of all human suffering is a lack of virtue. Our culture supports a media which propagates a culture devoid of personal responsibility, self reliance, and compassion. Like so many great civilizations before ours we become ignorant and content with mediocrity. Like a frog being slowly boiled good men fall asleep and fail to realize that their inaction causes even more problems. These problems manifest themselves in many ways ranging from acts of physical violence to financial enslavement.

Personally addressing the question of our own nature is the best and only way to permanently fix all of the problems we have.

You can't spend the amount of money they were receiving on the family and friends of one man, it's ultimately impossible. It was furthering the economic business of Iraq. You have to put more and more money into the economy to receive more and more money. The people who work the oil fields aren't being paid nothing. The more businesses that arise in accordance with the amount of revenue they were receiving was booming. He was improving the economic state of the country on a whole and you can't ignore that. Random executions, gang rape of children, underground prisions for children/dissenters and torture chambers, etc, etc still exist and will never disappear, not now at least. Almost any 3rd world country in the Middle East has these problems, as human trafficking is a booming business to get into. BTW that is still part of their culture/community as the people of Iraq were partaking in these events. You can't do these things a sole man, it requires thousands of people and the support of like minded individuals, a community effort.

Do you think since the invading of Iraq that these things are gone, that without Saddam these things won't continue?
    ill continue this debate with u tomorrow, i have to get up early

There definitely is a debt problem as the debt still exists, but in reality it doesn't need to be paid off and isn't expected to be. China realizes that the USA will never be able to pay them back, yet still gives them increasingly more amounts of money to further the economic situation of China as in turn they are essentially receiving all the money back that they give the USA.
    We have to pay interest on those loans. That means a huge portion of our country's income goes directly into paying for the fact that we have outstanding debt. How is that not an issue?

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 03:49 AM ----------

ill continue this debate with u tomorrow, i have to get up early
    Alright have a good night sleep, talk to you tomorrow.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 03:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Annapolis View Post
    We have to pay interest on those loans. That means a huge portion of our country's income goes directly into paying for the fact that we have outstanding debt. How is that not an issue?
    Do you understand the loan that you have would be un-payable on a bi-monthly or annual basis? The debt will only increase, it will never decrease, the fact is that you don't have to pay this debt back. Therefore it's not an issue.

Say we take it at a flat 5% loan on a $16.481 trillion loan, that would be .82,405 trillion dollars. Do you think that the United States can afford to pay almost a trillion dollars yearly when they continually keep borrowing more and more money? By that logic, the collapse of the United Sates economy would be imminent.

Sure if you can ignore the Random executions, gang rapes of children, underground prisons for the children of dissenters, torture chambers etc..etc.
    Who cares? We do not have the right to invade every country who does things we don't agree with, or that we don't like. The world cannot function like that. All it accomplishes is creating hatred for us, making us a target for the rest of the world.

If England decides they don't like people in the US being able to participate in "hate speech" (they don't allow it over there) does that give them the right to invade us, kill our leaders and destroy our infrastructure, so they can rebuild it and tax us for the privilege of using it?

If Italy decides they don't like people in the US having access to contraceptives and abortion services, does that make it OK for them to invade us?

If Canada decides they don't like people in the US not having socialized healthcare, and thousands of people dying every year because they can't afford it, does that make it OK for them to invade us?

If Europe decides they don't like people in the US having access to guns, and believing that thousands of innocents die every year because we have them, does that make it OK for them to invade us?

This perception that it's our responsibility to be 'world police' and right the wrongs of the world, interfere with other societies and instill our values on everyone, everywhere - is insane. It's complete indoctrination. It is NOT our right to interfere in the workings of every society in the world. It is NOT our right to invade countries and kill people who do things we don't agree with. We are not the moral compass for the history of the world.

At most, perhaps, we could provide amnesty to those certain victims. Women who wish to be educated in countries that don't allow it. Children that are victimized. Political dissenters. Invading their countries and killing their people only creates MORE violence, MORE hatred. It doesn't HELP anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    War is stupid and obsolete in a civilized world, and what the world should know is War is Hell, it is not a business, and if should be all our business to never allow our names to be used to invoke it. If we can't find better ways to solve our differences without killing we shouldn't be suprised by this, or make judgements. about the incidents we aren't individually working to stop.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis