Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Really? Where are the stats on that? Although this expansion I could believe it because the pvp is the worst I've ever seen it while I was playing - enhancement and ele shaman neglected for a 3rd expanion. If they lost 400k + subs this early I can't imagine how bad it's going to get. They shoulod hire some elder scrolls devs.
    How many players does Elder Scrolls have?

one thing WoW has which is amazing is its lore, why they don't try harder to bring this into questing, dungeons, raids is beyond me. To bring in panda's was a step in the wrong direction. They should of done more with the legion.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there are more people who spend the majority of their time on pet battles than pvp

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 11:56 PM ----------

it takes me about an hour to do my dailies and my one dungeon to get the valor i need on my main. the only time it feels like work is on tuesdays/wednesdays where i do lfr for valor.

you dont even need dailies to cap valor doing your 4 lfrs plus 1 dungeon a day would be enough.
    With one hour + queues for LFR and more often than not getting an in progress meaning I need to que again, ends up meaning if I can finish 2 LFRs a day I am doing great and that is if I am not doing anything else. If add in doing a daily dungeon, that is 1 LFR a day and 1 dungeon and dailies while queing. All 4 LFRs is 4 days. If you play every single day, then you have what is left over after doing your dungeon for 3 days. Not everyone can play 6 hours a day seven days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    And that took 2 hours a day solo. I know because I did it...our guild is server second on a server ranked in the top 50, we're not all that "hardcore". Plus LFR + raid time + all the other crap you need to do to have your toon be raid ready...we were also required to do 2's to cap for conquest upgrades for pve at the beginning of the xpac.

We grouped for dailies occasionally but people were on at odd hours of the day outside of raid time, etc.

Luckily we did LFR as a guild and most of the grind was over two months in or I would have perma-unsubbed, it was pretty much too much for me to handle long term with grad school and normal irl priorities.
    Anyone who is willing to unsub for these reasons but is not willing to change to a less demanding guild is irrational, since you obviously lose out on whatever you feel you're gaining from that guild when you unsub anyway. It's a matter of setting your own goals and limits. It's dumb to blame your* guild since you can leave, but it's far dumber for blaming Blizzard for your own unwillingness to tone your own gameplay down.

*"your" and "you" mean a general you, as in "you can lead a horse to water...", not you specifically

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    How many players does Elder Scrolls have?
    they're about to have 9.6 with the way things are going.

Also I just though of another reason people are quitting, which ties in to blizzard being greedy and that showing through their products. For instance people on low pop servers who can't play and the only way blizz will allow them the experience is by paying for character transfers when most have all their characters on one server, give me a break. This company sickens me.
    Last edited by bigjohnburger; 2013-02-08 at 05:07 AM.

Really? Where are the stats on that? Although this expansion I could believe it because the pvp is the worst I've ever seen it while I was playing - enhancement and ele shaman neglected for a 3rd expanion. If they lost 400k + subs this early I can't imagine how bad it's going to get. They shoulod hire some elder scrolls devs.
    does anyone have the exact article from a while back? or was it a tweet? i cant remember. but something like 3 million people who pet battle regularly or something. that would actually be more than all of the raiders to.

so if im remembering correctly that means there are more people that pet battle than raiders *including lfr* and pvpers.

but less than a million people pvp anyways so having more people means nothing in that regard

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    one thing WoW has which is amazing is its lore, why they don't try harder to bring this into questing, dungeons, raids is beyond me. To bring in panda's was a step in the wrong direction. They should of done more with the legion.
    chen stormstout is the greatest character in the history of warcraft
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    I agree 100% and would add that all these "options" they have given us are really just either do A. Daylies or B. Pvp ... has no one noticed that you are forced to level in 1 zone for pretty much each level from 85 to 90 .. half of jade forest will get you to 86-87 (depending on dungeons) then you really need to go to Karasang for efficient leveling then at 88 theres no other efficient choice besides townlong steppes and then horray 89 lets go to dread wastes. At least in Woltk we had at least 2 zones at 79 and as many as 3-4 zones for each level in between where we could level in a timely manner. hell even in cataclysm we had 2-4 options as to where to level. Theyve made leveling alts an extremely painful process in MOP

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    I agree 100% and would add that all these "options" they have given us are really just either do A. Daylies or B. Pvp ... has no one noticed that you are forced to level in 1 zone for pretty much each level from 85 to 90 .. half of jade forest will get you to 86-87 (depending on dungeons) then you really need to go to Karasang for efficient leveling then at 88 theres no other efficient choice besides townlong steppes and then horray 89 lets go to dread wastes. At least in Woltk we had at least 2 zones at 79 and as many as 3-4 zones for each level in between where we could level in a timely manner. hell even in cataclysm we had 2-4 options as to where to level. Theyve made leveling alts an extremely painful process in MOP
    that is bullshit. i was at 89 by the end of karasang and i had only done TWO dungeons. i was 90 before i was even halfway through kun lai
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Also I just though of another reason people are quitting, which ties in to blizzard being greedy and that showing through their products. For instance people on low pop servers who can't play and the only way blizz will allow them the experience is by paying for character transfers when most have all their characters on one server, give me a break. This company sickens me.
    Where do you get the idea that it's Blizzard's responsibility to provide you with playmates?

Nooo! At this rate, WoW's only got a few decades before it runs out of active subscribers! The end is foreseeable!

It's quite obvious exactly what happens with this game. Every expansion launch the numbers jump up to 10 million, then a few months later they drop somewhere between 9 and 10 million and hover around there for the rest of the expansion. New expansion -> rinse and repeat.

So it's nothing out of the ordinary. People saying WoW is dying because of this are talking out of their asses; a game with only 500k subscribers is good enough to stay alive and well, so 9.6 million is ridiculously amazing, especially for the way the MMO market has been moving over the past couple of years.

WoW is stronger than strong, it's not going down until it wants to.

Anyone who is willing to unsub for these reasons but is not willing to change to a less demanding guild is irrational, since you obviously lose out on whatever you feel you're gaining from that guild when you unsub anyway. It's a matter of setting your own goals and limits. It's dumb to blame your* guild since you can leave, but it's far dumber for blaming Blizzard for your own unwillingness to tone your own gameplay down.

*"your" and "you" mean a general you, as in "you can lead a horse to water...", not you specifically
    Some people can't play this game and not raid because raiding is why they play....I am one of those people. And raiding requires a certain amount of prep work.

I've raided with alts with more casual guilds and it is not satisfying, generally nice people but wiping on mechanics that you mastered in the first week is not enjoyable.

My guild isn't even that demanding, the stuff we expect from our raiders is pretty standard minus the required gold runs, etc that some top guilds require raiders to show up for.

they're about to have 9.6 with the way things are going.
    I would love to see a shred of evidence that you didn't pull this number straight from your ass.

Where do you get the idea that it's Blizzard's responsibility to provide you with playmates?
    It's an mmo. So that being the case maybe from the Massively multiplayer...

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    With one hour + queues for LFR and more often than not getting an in progress meaning I need to que again, ends up meaning if I can finish 2 LFRs a day I am doing great and that is if I am not doing anything else. If add in doing a daily dungeon, that is 1 LFR a day and 1 dungeon and dailies while queing. All 4 LFRs is 4 days. If you play every single day, then you have what is left over after doing your dungeon for 3 days. Not everyone can play 6 hours a day seven days a week.
    Sounds a lot like you need to learn to manage your time/evaluate whether a particular upgrade or whatever you're getting out of all these activities is worth the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    It's quite obvious exactly what happens with this game. Every expansion launch the numbers jump up to 10 million, then a few months later they drop somewhere between 9 and 10 million and hover around there for the rest of the expansion. New expansion -> rinse and repeat.

So it's nothing out of the ordinary. People saying WoW is dying because of this are talking out of their asses; a game with only 500k subscribers is good enough to stay alive and well, so 9.6 million is ridiculously amazing, especially for the way the MMO market has been moving over the past couple of years.

WoW is stronger than strong, it's not going down until it wants to.
    Dude get a grip you're in denial, that's nothing like what happens. WoW has 14 million at Wrath, then by the end of Cata under 10 million. By the end of this I don't even want to know. The only thing that has changed is the devs.

I would love to see a shred of evidence that you didn't pull this number straight from your ass.
    Check the thread title and then look back at what he wrote again. >.<

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ive never seen a 1 hour LFR even as a dps which i dont usually do, so i call bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg WoW is dying! No but seriously who the hell cares? I'd still play even if they only had 500k players.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Ive never seen a 1 hour LFR even as a dps which i dont usually do, so i call bullshit
    i have but usually only when im playing at odd hours or if i forget to do one and its late in the week. however i almost always am doing something else while im qued so the majority of the time i dont really care how long its taking