Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    sticks and stones may break my bones but imaginary grenades will explode people? 0o

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to drew bunch of military jets shooting giant evil robot, which was my bunch of teachers. I even wrote their names on the robot and my friends on the jets. I didn't get suspended and I'm fine today. America's schools are getting worse and paranoid than before.

Totally gay, can't even play war anymore. We use to fight and pretend stuff all the time if we couldn't get one of the balls from gym to recess.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world is becoming softer and softer.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I loved playing War or Cops and Robbers when I was in grades 2-5.

I used to have the best Stick ever. It doubled as a rifle and a sword.

The handle part was curved in a way it could be used as a sword handle or the butt of a rifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Indeed, war games and stuff like that were awesome!

I dual-wielded two sticks, that started decently thick at the base (wrapped tape around the base of both swords to make handles!), and thinned out towards the front while curving slightly! And then we had massive acorn wars (And special grenades, from using walnuts instead of acorns, acorns were just normal ammo)

On topic:

That's just ridiculous, and to the rule that both play and real weapons are banned, I'm not sure how an imaginary grenade would fall under that rule.
    I remember in like grade 4 we were doing a medieval unit and we had to make ourselves a bristleboard/plywood shield and then draw a coat of arms on it.
    After we handed them in and got the shields back me and like 4 friends went and had ourselves a pine cone war. It was in october so all the trees were losing their leaves and we found like 200 pinecones on the sidewalk between our houses (we were like 10 houses apart from each other) and we were there from after school to dark just throwing pine cones at each other and block them with our shields.

We made a little wall from some wood one of them had in their backyards and we tried to knock it over with just the pine cones by throwing all at once. Can't remember if it worked or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braggia View Post
    Are you trolling? The rules at the school said "no weapons (real or play)".

A 9mm Glock is a "real" weapon.

A water pistol is a "play" weapon.

An imaginary grenade is neither. It doesn't even exist outside of this little boy's mind.
    rules are rules. zero tolerance means zero tolerance.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Dress codes only exist to suppress individuality. What someone wears is the responsibility of that person and their parents. There's obviously offensive things that make more sense (shirts with curse words or other things that distract other students), but on the general, there's no real reason to require dress codes.
    Fortunately school is one of those areas where "individuality" in dress code should be suppressed. It serves nothing other than to distract students from a study environment and to raise a generation of sluts.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Fortunately school is one of those areas where "individuality" in dress code should be suppressed. It serves nothing other than to distract students from a study environment and to raise a generation of sluts.
    Umm okay? How my peers or I dressed had no effect on the study environment. Largely the peers had an effect on the study environment.

Back OT though, sad to see that students are now being punished for the use of their imaginations. The insane games and scenarios my friends and I used to create were identical to ones mentioned throughout this thread, we're no worse off for having played them. Hell, it fostered our imaginations and allowed us to explore our minds.

man... it wasn't even that long ago that i was in school, but it was nothing like this for me. my notebooks would have probably got me thrown in a mental hospital...

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Not to long ago 20 elementary school children were shot during school hours. So I can kinda understand them getting a little paranoid. To suspend the kid after they found out that there was no actual weapon is kind of harsh, but, in a way, I understand why the did it.
    And the person who did that was a grown adult.

Not a 7 year old.

I can't believe that I got duspended.
    Strangely that made me lol. What about any of you guys?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Shit if I was younger in public school, I'd go to school pretending to throw an "imaginary" grenade whenever a new game came out or I just didn't feel like going Honestly public school now a day is a joke, I've been teaching my younger brother who's in 7th grade more at home for math then he learns at school and I'm getting him started with coding(things like simple minecraft mods etc.).

Deleted
    I remember commando rolling around the playground with other friends pretending to shoot each other.

Remember when it was just harmless kids having fun?

Miss those times! lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, Maybe the kid could just not pretend to throw a grenade or let it be known his imaginary action is intended to play at blowing people up, seriously people complain about stuff like this when a system is doing something, but then have nothing but complaints when it does. I think the punishment was right. The only thing that is over board is our need to project and be so damn violent all the time.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Or, Maybe the kid could just not pretend to throw a grenade or let it be known his imaginary action is intended to play at blowing people up, seriously people complain about stuff like this when a system is doing something, but then have nothing but complaints when it does. I think the punishment was right. The only thing that is over board is our need to project and be so damn violent all the time.
    He's in 2nd grade, there's no logic with a little kid. They act out what they see and hear, so suspending him is the right option when he doesn't no what's going on? Wtf? Seriously some people don't want kids to think for themselves and have an imagination, but rather be robots and do mundane shit all day. Maybe let kids be kids and stop fucking babying them and they'll learn to think for themselves and educate themselves rather then being a follower.

Wow, how retarded. Funny, I grew up playing cops and robbers, and "war", and cowboys and indians, and all sorts of other games with weapons both imaginary(pointed fingers going "bang!") or play(waterguns and water balloons), as did the kids I grew up with. Fascinatingly, none of us went on to become murderers. Imagine that...or don't, lest ye be suspended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    He's in 2nd grade, there's no logic with a little kid. They act out what they see and hear, so suspending him is the right option when he doesn't no what's going on? Wtf? Seriously some people don't want kids to think for themselves and have an imagination, but rather be robots and do mundane shit all day. Maybe let kids be kids and stop fucking babying them and they'll learn to think for themselves and educate themselves rather then being a follower.

Here is his first lesson, joking about or playing violence at school is not ok, and leads to suspension, sounds like a winner to me. Maybe the parents might reconsider the kind of values and influence they allow for their kids too.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Wow, how retarded. Funny, I grew up playing cops and robbers, and "war", and cowboys and indians, and all sorts of other games with weapons both imaginary(pointed fingers going "bang!") or play(waterguns and water balloons), as did the kids I grew up with. Fascinatingly, none of us went on to become murderers. Imagine that...or don't, lest ye be suspended.

Yes, but interestingly enough we now have a society filled with ultra violent idiots who think that violence inflicted on people random is just okie dokey.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes, but interestingly enough we now have a society filled with ultra violent idiots who think that violence inflicted on people random is just okie dokey.
    Yeah, obviously that's because people used to play war, cops and robbers when they were kids. I don't even know how to call this logic without getting an infraction.

And what the hell? Who are those people to lecture and tell other people how to live? If you're afraid of imaginary guns and grenades, and you're sure it leads to real violence - doesn't mean everyone else should suffer this stupidity.