What Should I Upgrade to Improve Stream Quality?

Current Build~

Case-
    Manufacturer: Azza
    Name: Spartan
    Link if possible: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811517001

Ram-
    Manufacturer: Corsair
    Model #: DDR3-1600
    Size: 8 GB [2GB x 4]

CPU-
    Manufacturer: Intel
    Speed: 4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache

PSU-
    Manufacturer: Corsair
    Model #:
    Wattage:750 Watt
    Link if possible: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139021

GPU-
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Model #: GeForce GTX 560 - 2GB

Mobo-
    Manufacturer: MSI
    Model #: [SLI] P67A-GD65
    Link if possible: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-GD65.html

Operating System-
    Name: Windows 7
    Bit: 64 Bit

Resolution-
    Size: 27" LCD TV 1920x1080 -- Sceptre X270BV-FHD

================
    Now what is it you want....

Upgrade or New Computer: Upgrade

Upgrade on what (you hope): Graphics Card, Processor

How much you want to spend: Hopefully less than 500 dollars.

How much you can spend: 500 dollars.

What all you plan to use it for: I want to improve my stream quality for WoW arena.

What Operating system you want to use & Bit: Windows 7 64 Bit

What Resolution you hope to be in: I'd like to stream in 720 resolution on Twitch.

What Settings do you Want & how much FPS: High to Ultra settings with 60+ fps

What Country are you from: United States

Network will be wired or wireless: Wired

My computer is over a year old so I know I could use a Video Card upgrade and my processor is a little old as well.

What you have now should stream 720p fine, what issues are you having?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    What you have now should stream 720p fine, what issues are you having?
    Video stutter to the point that it's unwatchable. It's like a slideshow. Maybe it's a Twitch issue but idk.

Here's a link to my latest broadcast video. After the commercial if you go to about 2 minutes in you'll see what I mean.

http://www.twitch.tv/dvxlol/b/362116564
    Last edited by Avelias; 2013-02-08 at 06:36 AM.

What's your connection speed like?
    Your i5 2500(K) should be more than fine; Nothing 'better' has really come out. Overclocking it will up its oomph, but nothing you can spend money on CPU/mobo/RAM wise will improve it - CPU-cooler aside.

Streaming is all about your upload speed aswell as a decent pc, can we see a speedtest link instead? I think that will answer your problem straight away

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    What's your connection speed like?
    Your i5 2500(K) should be more than fine; Nothing 'better' has really come out. Overclocking it will up its oomph, but nothing you can spend money on CPU/mobo/RAM wise will improve it - CPU-cooler aside.
    My connection speed is great for gameplay. I usually get 40-60ms on the game. I have the fastest connection BrightHouse sells in my area so I can't improve that anyway. According to Speedtest.net I have 45.46 mbps download and 5.82 mbps upload.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelias View Post
    My connection speed is great for gameplay. I usually get 40-60ms on the game. I have the fastest connection BrightHouse sells in my area so I can't improve that anyway. According to Speedtest.net I have 45.46 mbps download and 5.82 mbps upload.
    That upload should be enough for 720, seen people streaming fine 720p with 1mb upload.

Video stutter to the point that it's unwatchable. It's like a slideshow. Maybe it's a Twitch issue but idk.

Here's a link to my latest broadcast video. After the commercial if you go to about 2 minutes in you'll see what I mean.

http://www.twitch.tv/dvxlol/b/362116564
    Looks to me like you are dropping a large amount of frames, are you using Xsplit? Did it say anything about dropped frames? Have you tried using OBS?
    Also what bitrate settings are you using? You might just run out of bandwidth to twitch if you are running too high bitrate.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-02-08 at 07:01 AM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Looks to me like you are dropping a large amount of frames, are you using Xsplit? Did it say anything about dropped frames? Have you tried using OBS?
    Also what bitrate settings are you using? You might just run out of bandwidth to twitch if you are running too high bitrate.
    Yep, I'm using Xsplit. I just got it, not entirely sure how to mess with the settings. Have you used it before? If so, what are reasonable settings for it? I've heard of OBS but as I just got Xsplit, I'd like to give that a try before I switch. Maybe I just have it configured incorrectly.

Edit: I didn't know OBS was free. I'm gunna give it a try as well.
    Last edited by Avelias; 2013-02-08 at 07:08 AM.

Yep, I'm using Xsplit. I just got it, not entirely sure how to mess with the settings. Have you used it before? If so, what are reasonable settings for it? I've heard of OBS but as I just got Xsplit, I'd like to give that a try before I switch. Maybe I just have it configured incorrectly.
    Here is a guide for Xsplit made by TheGunrun from Twitch.

That should be a good start. I personally don't stream but I have played around with it a bit just to try it out and it worked fine for me but I do get frame drops due to a bad connection to twitch even though I got 10Mbit upload.

Here is a guide for Xsplit made by TheGunrun from Twitch.

That should be a good start. I personally don't stream but I have played around with it a bit just to try it out and it worked fine for me but I do get frame drops due to a bad connection to twitch even though I got 10Mbit upload.
    Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the link!
    The settings should carry over to OBS as well if you decide to try it.

http://www.apoctv.com/2012/04/guide-...uide-with.html
    This guide is also made by some of the people from Twitch and it looks very good and useful.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-02-08 at 07:23 AM.

IS the game lagging too? if so you may need a seperate HDD because reading and writing to the same HDD can be quite hard for a system.
    As far as what i can see, you should be fine running wow + xsplit. Maybe it would pay to record your cpu + ram usage while you are playing and streaming (setup fake stream to record the usage) you could have other programs using way too much resources and may need to declutter your system.
    Your connection should be fine for 720p assuming it is stable, if it wasn't you should be lagging in game too however

You should always use a dedicated HDD for streaming. If you stream 1080p I'd recommend setting up 2 HDD's in RAID0 to eradicate any bottlenecks that might occur. 2 cheap disks will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    You should always use a dedicated HDD for streaming. If you stream 1080p I'd recommend setting up 2 HDD's in RAID0 to eradicate any bottlenecks that might occur. 2 cheap disks will do the trick.
    This is only needed if he actually records the footage.

If you're not buying into the stream quality / upload rate, here's some comparisons that I just did for everyone's benefit (Note this is using OBS v0.47a 64bit, Game Capture mode):

4.2 Mbit upload 1080p 30fps

6.2 Mbit upload 1080p 30fps

8.2 Mbit upload 1080p 30fps
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|