Thread: Tracking ICD's

Tracking ICD's

Does anyone have a good weak aura string for tracking ICD's on enchants/trinkets?

I hate to be "that guy", but have you tried googling around? I just did, there appear to be many a guide out there. Do none of those work?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I did indeed google it and found several strings but the first two I tried didn't work. I figured I'd ask the question here and see if anyone had a tried and true one the works for them. I guess I could follow one of the guides on how to create one from scratch, but doing stuff and things is so HAAAARD!

What do you want to track? NeedtoKnow is an addon that tracks internal CDs, but keep in mind that now enchants follow a new mechanic - you cannot track them basically.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

ExtraCD is an addon that would do this for you.

Deleted
    Set it up yourself - you usually learn something in the process. I swear by doing all WeakAuras on my own, and almost every time I find something I can tweak or tailor better to my needs than what various guides out there would suggest. If you know WA it shouldn't take more than 10 min anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    ExtraCD is an addon that would do this for you.
    This^^^^. Perfect addon. Tracks all my trinkets and enchants and other passives your toon might have like DK's Will of the Necropolis.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

I appreciate the addon suggestions but I don't really like to use any addons other than DBM and Weak Aura's. When I can get back on WOW i'll see what I can do to create my own and post the string on this thread when/if i'm successful. I didn't even think about the new PPM mechanic, this could be problematic.

I like ExtraCD, but it works off of a database and if the database doesn't include your trinket, you're screwed. For instance, it includes the Dancing Steel proc, but doesn't include WindSong. It includes Relic of Xuen but doesn't include Lesson of the Darkmaster.

It feels like it only supports procs/trinkets that the author has personally owned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep an eye out for RainbowProcs after it's finished being developed, honestly. It tracks uptimes for CDs and ICDs to see where abilities/trinkets will overlap in time, but it's ~1 day old atm.

As for WA... search more, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    What do you want to track? NeedtoKnow is an addon that tracks internal CDs, but keep in mind that now enchants follow a new mechanic - you cannot track them basically.
    I don't think enchants have ever had ICDs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I don't think enchants have ever had ICDs though.
    Back in time yes. Then PPM was introduced (and then the new mechanic recently).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Back in time yes. Then PPM was introduced (and then the new mechanic recently).
    PPM doesnt have an ICD. Neither does real PPM. Both of these systems use a low base proc rate but do not have restrictions on when it can or can't proc. An ICD means there is a strict cooldown after a proc where another proc is impossible. All ppm enchants that we have used from crusader, mongoose, etc up have had the ability to refresh themselves which means there was no ICD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Does anyone have a good weak aura string for tracking ICD's on enchants/trinkets?
    Can post my WA strings for trinkets:
    Bottle ICD:
    Code:
    dKJEcaGAjHwVKKDPs8AOKzkP0CLenBq(MKIDsWEr7MO9lf8tPu(lv1Vv1TfXqLkgSkjdNKoOuPllCmPQZjLQfsvSuPKwmuz5K6HGINQSmPOEoKjkLyQQyYeA6uUiOQRkf5zGsxxInkPQhtInlkBxL6ZI0PbMgu03HcddQ6sscgnuQXlPYjPkDljPUgOY5fvhMkBtk04uj1SNhUeororE4YEPnqvbf6RHteGuHC5ZCkyH4QGkxDTLLHcJcv33oxEBzzOWOq1ndB7C6if8YtUAWbuEjNtXaVeXdhYCAJhoX3xPGSpH44eF)uOhdIJgnUQ(pHc4V0mCCojiXzGxYdhYCAJhoXI2zGxY1JhoA04aICEEZGIgUYlmTWHbq0WMcW2iNQ(t1bc1rhkae4Luapx2lnUBao9Re44KLKJgKMgAef65GENipC6hk4HlPazaEOrJgh2bifBJcW2iNiaPc5Y9Q8soVsl0zoLOsVkVevjqE7xXaJasN7BAGeRW87XZHmNcwOopqACWaVWb(w5mninn08Wz5QbxChsJZv0UtUAW5PP6RNtSODg4LCychxChsJdMpbNZA4QA)uUck8rQbeKGljOhUImUdPXzGKqKRGcF0x0krrcm6HdPgqqcUKGRBkak4qFrRefjW4uHC5HMdvWf3H0wjlduhNF3MATRF3oDQ1l8TWvqHVRODNC1GEOrJdX1FbZl1C5AUBk0JjE80ib
    Terror ICD:
    Code:
    dGZHcaGEjHDjfETkLzkQyUIknBu6BIQStu1Ej7gQ9Je(Piv)veJtKs3MQmuPudgPQHd0bLIUSWXKkNtsvlukzPQuzXOOLJ4HiPEQYYev1ZbnrjvMQkMmQmDkxej6QiLEgsX1LyJsk9yaBwu2Uu1NPQoTQMMKKVlj1WqHljsXOrsgVKOtksULkvDnKkNxLCyQSnjf)gYQthnpnonoD0YqyBFfH47YtJ7HGSURzoGBqT0aQvz6zzWWeFx9AxPNLbdt83Npn1Rrc)hHpxGH2dGWAoa7ryOoAqZrmD04qjafOH8etnouIplQAXuMmTkqipXZOr(0P5WVNZEewhnO5iMoACfIZEewRJbDYKPzK33pi6OzxGHw0hytRaJexH4oxGHAP5ke35cm0ArBT1QblmJ(aBRKL9vQL0K27AM0SD7CsrzDACfIZEewRJbDArFGnnQrEmDgf0NdYxdIkeGOGFtdK1DfeTcmsGGbllVZlulniyWYY78cnAXKGnW2J9PG(MM5aUb1kWibIkeGOGFtT0k4OpWMM9EbNmTQFoJkXttnAGeKpjGW2Ka4HpclEgAziSP1)mjiGGPgU4DiVVFqGIVtdAoGBW2OhBAutj)HY70OkEFQmXttnACpeK1DLcaH1sHTGK5aICtbGWWCFCFI3dbsa7btmYJVfMglYXPJgbXg6O5vyTxhzYKP9CANGqqekOpf11jtdQ11OQg51iTA9IVRkgmKjb
    Last edited by mmoce82960a1d6; 2013-02-09 at 08:41 AM.

Old PPM enchants were based entirely on a percent chance to proc. The current setup seems to be a buff for non-rogues- one of the few natural advantages of having slice and dice was that you'd get more procs than someone without, whereas now I think they get a higher percent chance while still running around with massive single yellow hits.

Real ppm enchants are based entirely on a percent chance to proc as well. It is just that this percent chance is based on more than just your weapon speed like with the old system.

RealPPM model isn't significantly different than the old ppm model for melee. Realppm was developed to allow casters and healers to benefit more from their weapon enchants. Most caster-based enchants until RealPPM had a decently high proc chance and an ICD (the spell portion of hurricane, for example). With windsong and elemental force being crossover enchants with no dedicated spell proc like hurricane meant that casters had much less uptime than any melee.

On Topic: I use needtoknow.