Poll: Christopher Jordan Dorner, Hero or Psycho?

Page 20 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    He listed this as having occured in 2009, which means it's been going on for a little over 3 years. After being unjustly fired after attempting to report a fellow officer for assaulting a handcuffed suspect (not the first time) - he's still being victimized by the department years later. He brings legal evidence (which is ignored) of a former colleague attempting to hack his credit union account in order to extend his restraining order against people in his old department.

It SEEMS to be ongoing harassment from the LAPD (not unusual) and they finally pushed him over the edge, after ruining both his police and military career, and continuing to harass him personally. Unfortunately, he has tactical military training, and this is one victim that doesn't seem like he's going to roll over and take it any more.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2013-02-08 at 09:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'm not much of an exhibitionist, in conversation I generally take up response to what others say, I don't get on the soapbox for long, but if you want me to expand on my feelings I can oblige you.

The people who support this man disappoint me, if you're looking for heroes, I would hope you might find them elsewhere. I see nothing about this murderer to get behind, there is no goal that can make good on his crimes; The ravings of a killer do not interest me and it saddens me to see there are others who are fascinated with his drek. That some of you would say that violence is the only way to get through to people says more about you than it does about the criminal in question - violence is the only thing that gets through to you, it seems to be all that you understand, why else would you latch on to such a pointlessly violent sociopath? or dwell on events of over 20 years ago as proof of the LAPD's incompetence. Sure they haven't made themselves look good today, shooting at innocent women, but they're just people, and when someone is hunting you down you get scared, and scared people do stupid things - this isn't forgiveness for their mistake, certainly that shooting must be reviewed and punished if necessary, but who has the largest share of blame when it comes to creating the situation - the cop killer. That he created a situation which led to further violence against innocents is a black mark on him, not a boon or a success for a noble cause, but for the cause of inflicting terror and pain for its own sake. There is no justice to be found in the actions of this man, only murder, there is no wisdom to be found, only violence.

You may want to look further then. Also i don't see anyone calling him a hero...Necessary evil maybe but not a hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You may want to look further then. Also i don't see anyone calling him a hero...Necessary evil maybe but not a hero.
    your response is vague, look further? for justification? I'm telling you it doesn't exist, there is nothing I could possibly read that would make me think he has some goal worthy of his murder spree, that's what I'm trying to tell you, that grand plan does not exist and can not exist, not in a healthy mind

that you think I might be swayed to your way of thinking tells me how little you understand what I'm trying to say

you called him a hero, how is murder necessary? do you think the world will change because of this? the only change will be for the dead and the wounded

10+ Year Old Account
    your response is vague, look further? for justification? I'm telling you it doesn't exist, there is nothing I could possibly read that would make me think he has some goal worthy of his murder spree, that's what I'm trying to tell you, that grand plan does not exist and can not exist, not in a healthy mind

that you think I might be swayed to your way of thinking tells me how little you understand what I'm trying to say

you called him a hero, how is murder necessary? do you think the world will change because of this? the only change will be for the dead and the wounded
    I did NOT call hima hero..Might have used the term "folk hero" but i honestly feel he is a villain and a monster for attacking innocents. But on occasion things like this are needed to knock some sense into the human race. In this case the LAPD corruption and hopefully a fix for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did NOT call hima hero..Might have used the term "folk hero"
    maybe you should stop saying things you don't mean

and I still don't see how there is any degree of flaw in the LAPD that can merit a response like this, or any crusade against corruption that can let us condone murder, and you can double talk all you want, but that's what you're doing, you can't put on airs about how vile his crimes are while tacitly lauding what you hope he will accomplish and think you have given yourself some healthy distance from the crime - you do not reap the "benefit" and imagine your hands are clean, your stance is just as hateful and beyond redemption as his

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this story last night. When it comes right down to it, anyone could take retribution like this if they felt they were justified.

It sounds like he felt his life was ruined on the account of outside corruption, and the people that could've done something about that, didn't.

You don't want someone angry at you like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe you should stop saying things you don't mean

and I still don't see how there is any degree of flaw in the LAPD that can merit a response like this, or any crusade against corruption that can let us condone murder, and you can double talk all you want, but that's what you're doing, you can't put on airs about how vile his crimes are while tacitly lauding what you hope he will accomplish and think you have given yourself some healthy distance from the crime - you do not reap the "benefit" and imagine your hands are clean, your stance is just as hateful and beyond redemption as his
    Heh i suspect you've never felt TRUE burning rage in your life...otherwise you'd get it. Now i didn't go nuts like this never have obviously doesn't mean i haven't had things happen that have basically shown me that things like this...are sometimes needed.

Oh and D&D alignment wise i'd call this guy either chaotic good(ironically) or chaotic neutral..But by d&d terms i don't think he's evil. But you're something like Neutral good or Lawful good i'd say...Pretty fixated on doing good in a generally "good" way. Sometimes that isn;t enough in the real world...Quite possibly alot of the time if not most.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I saw this story last night. When it comes right down to it, anyone could take retribution like this if they felt they were justified.

It sounds like he felt his life was ruined on the account of outside corruption, and the people that could've done something about that, didn't.

You don't want someone angry at you like that.
    Pretty much....He feels he has nothing to lose that coupled with him actually being RIGHT about the LAPD being pretty damn messed up...not a good mix to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he is so filled with righteous fire and rage, why did he wait five years?

I've never been mad enough to murder people I've never met, like you said, neither have you
    I don't really see what your point is there, except to further my point that a mentally healthy individual doesn't see the world this way, that the point where you start murdering strangers is not some righteous epiphany of justice

this is cyclical and pointless, you barely understand what you're saying let alone what I'm saying, probably best to retire for the evening

10+ Year Old Account

I've never been mad enough to murder people I've never met, like you said, neither have you
    I don't really see what your point is there, except to further my point that a mentally healthy individual doesn't see the world this way, that the point where you start murdering strangers is not some righteous epiphany of justice

this is cyclical and pointless, you barely understand what you're saying let alone what I'm saying, probably best to retire for the evening
    Some people internalize things and stew in it. Maybe 5 years out of the force and stewing in those bad feelings got him to that point.

Look at what he's done- there's no "perfect" time to do something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The sad thing is that he spoke of how skilled, morally defined and ethnical he was... Then turned to murder as a method of revenge. Murder is such a barbaric form of revenge, you don't get revenge on the man you kill.
    As an atheist I can say his revenge on the family is complete he killed the daughter her fiance but didn't kill the guy who did him wrong. I can tell you loosing someone close is worse than death.

10+ Year Old Account

No you don;t get it. I never said righteous..Some of it may be there but more like festering hatred..It may have STARTED s righteous but it certainly isn't anymore.

And i FULLY understand what i am saying..You just may not be able to..And i get the gist at least of what you're trying to say. I just see you as naive and innocent in some of your views while i'd say you see me as delusional/stupid.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Some people internalize things and stew in it. Maybe 5 years out of the force and stewing in those bad feelings got him to that point.

Look at what he's done- there's no "perfect" time to do something like this.

EXACTLY. I may internalize but i also recover and vocalize.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's just another nutty, self absorbed murderer. As if "his name" is really worth all this chaos. What a jackass. Instead of rising above corruption he just gave in and became a part of it. What he's done is worse than any of the corruption he was trying to expose. Such a mess...my opinion of the LAPD is shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    As an atheist I can say his revenge on the family is complete he killed the daughter her fiance but didn't kill the guy who did him wrong. I can tell you loosing someone close is worse than death.
    Yeah it really is. I've never understood why if you want someone to suffer fro a wrong they've done why you kill them..Such as capital punishment...No TRUE suffering is emotional.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    He's just another nutty, self absorbed murderer. As if "his name" is really worth all this chaos. What a jackass. Instead of rising above corruption he just gave in and became a part of it. What he's done is worse than any of the corruption he was trying to expose. Such a mess...my opinion of the LAPD is shot.
    Sometimes that is needed. However i also feel that as i have said MANY times before he NEVER should have gotten the families involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGimp View Post
    What kind of bs lie is that? Just because a few reformed gang members are trying to make amends does not mean current members are also doing that.

More BS the Mexican police work for the cartels. Mexican police is so corrupt the Mexican army had to dissolve them in some cites because the corruption ran all the way to the top.
    Actually when it comes to community the Black Gangs in LA are 100% changed for the better, it is not BS. I lived at Normandy and Gage and saw it first hand. Hispanic gangs are the only menace in Los Angeles. Also as for the Mexican Cops you know for a fact they are paid for, so as long as you pay them you are safe. LA cops have personal vendettas against people and work to fight society as a whole. They do not protect and Serve, but enforce and persecute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    This is absolutely fascinating. This is one of those times where I can't help but support the murderer, just a bit. If this were a movie, he'd certainly be the protagonist. A desperate, frustrated man making one last stand against a corrupted system? The situation is impossibly deep in moral ambiguity.
    you should watch a movie called law abiding citizen.

10+ Year Old Account
    is this thread still ridiculous? ok, just checking

I haven't read the manifesto, when somebody that isn't a raving lunatic murderer wants to expose police corruption let me know
    For the last 20 years people have been open and talking about LAPDs corruption. This is not news. it is a matter of stated fact. The fact that it caused a former Navy Demolitions expect and former LAPD cop to snap is what is news. I foresee interesting times in the near future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually when it comes to community the Black Gangs in LA are 100% changed for the better, it is not BS. I lived at Normandy and Gage and saw it first hand. Hispanic gangs are the only menace in Los Angeles. Also as for the Mexican Cops you know for a fact they are paid for, so as long as you pay them you are safe. LA cops have personal vendettas against people and work to fight society as a whole. They do not protect and Serve, but enforce and persecute.
    Yep the mexican thing makes alot of sense. I mean you KNOW you can;t trust em and all that but LA....depends.

Reminds me of the old saying "It's darkest under the lighthouse".

Basically the truly corrupt hide in light and the lesser corrupt/evil will likely be in the darkness.

One reason why the more perfect someone seems the more doubts i have.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 09:49 AM ----------

For the last 20 years people have been open and talking about LAPDs corruption. This is not news. it is a matter of stated fact. The fact that it caused a former Navy Demolitions expect and former LAPD cop to snap is what is news. I foresee interesting times in the near future.
    Same man...This really may and probably will have a lasting and far reaching effect...One reason i've been telling people i know to watch it..If this plays out right it may be a VERY historical incident. One of the sneakers the ones most people don;t realize will be until it is one.

10+ Year Old Account
    And i FULLY understand what i am saying..You just may not be able to..And i get the gist at least of what you're trying to say. I just see you as naive and innocent in some of your views while i'd say you see me as delusional/stupid.
    I never accused you of being stupid, maybe you are, but it would be rude of me to suggest it and it isn't terribly relevant, besides which I don't have much way of knowing
    I laid it all out earlier, misguided probably best describes how I see you

and I'm not some naive innocent, those police officers were shot less than 10 miles away from where I live, my perspective is not derived from ignorance or optimism, the naivete is thinking that these murders will somehow serve to expose corruption and lead to reform, that the world will be a better place, the world is going to be the same, the more jaded and pessimistic will see his manifesto for what it is, a variation on a theme, there is nothing new here, its the same bogus swill that so many other men with guns have tried to hide behind

perhaps at one point he could have been a crusader, perhaps he saw wrongs that needed to be righted, but what he is doing now has nothing to do with that, its just murder - this seems to be the one point on which we can agree, I'm just not misguided enough to think good can come of it

10+ Year Old Account
    no it ain't
    If for some reason if I snapped and felt the best course of action was to get weapons and hunt people down I would revert to my military training. Which taught me how to kill civilians and military personnel. It taught me that deep wounds and injury were the best way to remove a person from a conflict. It taught me how to misdirect the enemy into killing fields. What I see here is what I was taught as a special operations Marine.

He targeted the people which would cause the most damage to his enemy, he ambushed combatants when they were not expecting it, he dropped a false trail, and coming in the next few days he will do a bunch of really destructive things. I would have to say he will attack a high school before this is done, where he will kill all first responders.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 01:57 AM ----------

yea he's brilliant, he stole a boat and didn't even get it off the docks before he gave up, that's ex-navy for you
    If I was doing this I would fake trying to steal cars and boats and mention Mexico a few times. this would immediately send most of the Federal Agents who are better trained to guard the borders. it's called ms-direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    He listed this as having occured in 2009, which means it's been going on for a little over 3 years. After being unjustly fired after attempting to report a fellow officer for assaulting a handcuffed suspect (not the first time) - he's still being victimized by the department years later. He brings legal evidence (which is ignored) of a former colleague attempting to hack his credit union account in order to extend his restraining order against people in his old department.

It SEEMS to be ongoing harassment from the LAPD (not unusual) and they finally pushed him over the edge, after ruining both his police and military career, and continuing to harass him personally. Unfortunately, he has tactical military training, and this is one victim that doesn't seem like he's going to roll over and take it any more.
    That all might have been an excuse if he only targeted the people who wronged him but he's already suspected of killing two people, one of whom was the daughter of someone he felt wronged him. That takes him from vengeance-seeker to cold-blooded killer. It matters now even less than it did what his original reasoning was, he's no more than a serial killer now.