Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    They might learn this lesson when they notice they arent getting much money from the shop since the hardcore players wont be supporting the game by buying stuff as much as they want to ...
    I'd say you are wrong here, I personally spent more than I'd normally would on a free game due to how well it caters to my needs, I think you will find that the hardcore gamer has no issue supporting a game as long as their interests aren't put aside to make money of the casual herd.

Deleted
    TBH this game less challenging than inferno, haven't done the custom map stuff yet.

But I did finish diablo before the first nerf wave, and no matter how you painted it it was challenging.
    Had to resort to group play and use people as monster bait just to get past tower of the damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    TBH this game less challenging than inferno, haven't done the custom map stuff yet.

But I did finish diablo before the first nerf wave, and no matter how you painted it it was challenging.
    Had to resort to group play and use people as monster bait just to get past tower of the damned.
    Maby before the nerfs, D3 inferno is faceroll now really really easy.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account

You realise that's like saying "Diablo's not difficult, but then I've not done infero" . The Maps are where they REALLY stick it to people, difficulty wise. I've not tried them either yet, but I watched my friend do a fairly easy one and his group still got STOMPED. Increased Ele damage + enemies fire more projectiles x a rare with spark = pwnt
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

You're confusing difficulty with poor design, a game that forces you to log out to reset the map because you had a bad elite pack isn't difficult it's just bad design. Difficulty is something you, through skill and knowhow, should be able to overcome through playing the game. Belial is an example of difficulty where as fast+fire chains+jailer+vortex mobs in the keep (can't remember name right now) is an example of poor design.

And I cleared Inferno pre-nerfs as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    You realise that's like saying "Diablo's not difficult, but then I've not done infero" . The Maps are where they REALLY stick it to people, difficulty wise. I've not tried them either yet, but I watched my friend do a fairly easy one and his group still got STOMPED. Increased Ele damage + enemies fire more projectiles x a rare with spark = pwnt
    No.
    That's like saying I haven't done UBERS yet, and also it's a disclaimer.
    Although if I ever got something like:
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post

I would just skip it and not bang my head against the wall while shouting "I'm so HARDCORE", so it's not exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    You're confusing difficulty with poor design, a game that forces you to log out to reset the map because you had a bad elite pack isn't difficult it's just bad design. Difficulty is something you, through skill and knowhow, should be able to overcome through playing the game. Belial is an example of difficulty where as fast+fire chains+jailer+vortex mobs in the keep (can't remember name right now) is an example of poor design.

And I cleared Inferno pre-nerfs as well.
    Something like the maps I posted above. oh, yeah...

And lets make something clear ARPGs are not about "skill" in the Ninja Gaiden sense, they are about your skill to micromanage and plan ahead, it's all built around the power creep, and item hunt.

That's why I like poe so much, and why I think the boss fights are way better than the ones in D3, except Vaal.
    Btw I consider Belial to be the worst fight in D3, it's a typical MMO fight and has nothing to do with ARPGs. After farming Raggy HC for months going to Belial to see a mirror fight was the worst moment of D3 for me.
    Last edited by mmoc94e579c637; 2013-02-08 at 03:49 PM.

Something like the maps I posted above. oh, yeah...
    A map you can chose to not do, it's not a part of a linear progression path. I bet you knew already that it's a poor argument though.

And lets make something clear ARPGs are not about "skill" in the Ninja Gaiden sense, they are about your skill to micromanage and plan ahead, it's all built around the power creep, and item hunt.
    You brought up challenge...and compared it to Diablo 3, a game with a horrible design to try and create the illusion of challenge, that has since been nerfed time and time again to be playable.

That's why I like poe so much, and why I think the boss fights are way better than the ones in D3, except Vaal.
    Btw I consider Belial to be the worst fight in D3, it's a typical MMO fight and has nothing to do with ARPGs. After farming Raggy HC for months going to Belial to see a mirror fight was the worst moment of D3 for me.
    I don't necessarily disagree, I merely used it to illustrate the difference.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha ahhhh 180 Chrom jewels so far like I expect this to be around 300-400 =/ by the time I get my results.

Deleted
    A map you can chose to not do, it's not a part of a linear progression path. I bet you knew already that it's a poor argument though.
    That's why I felt could make an assessment of POE's difficulty without experiencing them.

Also I can add that POE is a much friendlier game for hardcore players. There are far less oh shit moments.
    There is the instance where you walk up 3 corridors and 5 rooms to find no mobs and in the next room, bam 20 mobs and an elite with some aura.
    But it's not on the same level as say vortex, frozen, arcane, fast soul lasher would give you a heart attack. Guess that's the sort of bad design D3 has and you were talking about.

That's why I felt could make an assessment of POE's difficulty without experiencing them.
    Why assess it in the first place if you are going to turn around and say it's irrelevant?

Also I can add that POE is a much friendlier game for hardcore players. There are far less oh shit moments.
    There is the instance where you walk up 3 corridors and 5 rooms to find no mobs and in the next room, bam 20 mobs and an elite with some aura.
    But it's not on the same level as say vortex, frozen, arcane, fast soul lasher would give you a heart attack. Guess that's the sort of bad design D3 has and you were talking about.
    Yeah, it's design is better, there are tough situations but nothing that gets so out of hand (so far) that it's just impossible with insta death as a result (exception being Kripp's death I suppose). The difficulty in a ARPG should lie in having a solid spec, gear to support it and mechanics that force you to pay attention at end game to not be boring while farming for more gear. PoE fills all these needs so far, although I have not yet gotten to maps as my level 61 had a unfortunate encounter with some rock throwing hooligans, almost back on track now though.

Why assess it in the first place if you are going to turn around and say it's irrelevant?

Yeah, it's design is better, there are tough situations but nothing that gets so out of hand (so far) that it's just impossible with insta death as a result (exception being Kripp's death I suppose). The difficulty in a ARPG should lie in having a solid spec, gear to support it and mechanics that force you to pay attention at end game to not be boring while farming for more gear. PoE fills all these needs so far, although I have not yet gotten to maps as my level 61 had a unfortunate encounter with some rock throwing hooligans, almost back on track now though.
    YOu never turned a corner in caverns of wrath and ran into 4 suicide squids?
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    YOu never turned a corner in caverns of wrath and ran into 4 suicide squids?
    Nope (excluding normal where they won't kill you), as I expected them to be around every corner...

Besides, they are not impossible to deal with in any way shape or form as long as you play smart, some combinations in pre-nerf D3 was as close to impossible as you can get, not to mention unavoidable.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-02-08 at 04:45 PM.

Sigh@ XP loss, can't even farm ledge. So tired off it. Got no propor wealth to buy gear that nobody seems to have anyway spamming trade, and cruel XP farming aint much safer.

I know part off the game and blabla...but I like to play fast...Thats why I dont touch hard-core ever, witch is mostly just being scared and playing really slow all the time . Just getting silly dying inn 3 sec's.

Edit: Maybe Witch just aint very duarble. Almost thinking about trying Templar.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Its also bad that he says that Diablo 3 lacks challenge ... maybe they havent seen Inferno mode in all its glory. The Inferno mode was greatly nerfed but it still is challenging if u dont outgear the content.
    I had and unavoidable onehits because of ridiculous affix combinations had nothing to do with skill or challenge....

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Maybe Witch just aint very duarble. Almost thinking about trying Templar.
    From what I gathered it's one of the weaker starting positions, I do fairly well with it though.

Sigh@ XP loss, can't even farm ledge. So tired off it. Got no propor wealth to buy gear that nobody seems to have anyway spamming trade, and cruel XP farming aint much safer.

I know part off the game and blabla...but I like to play fast...Thats why I dont touch hard-core ever, witch is mostly just being scared and playing really slow all the time . Just getting silly dying inn 3 sec's.

Try lightning arrow ranger. I'm 44 and its probably the easiest build in the game
    Fire trap + poison arrow until you have a 4 link, then lightning arrow + lmp + weapon elemental damage + life on hit
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Everybody is as durable as you build them. What is your build?

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Now to recolor it to G G R R B so far I've used about 102 Chrom jewels I predict this will be around 300-400
    Heh, I needed that color combination for a bow once. Getting the blue was damn near impossible. Blew through 4 stacks of chroms.

Quote Originally Posted by Letsbefair View Post
    They might learn this lesson when they notice they arent getting much money from the shop since the hardcore players wont be supporting the game by buying stuff as much as they want to ...
    This is purely BS speculation on your part.

There is no way for us to know what the "hardcore" players are spending in the cash shop. Nor is there any official statement to this effect. One can not even guess through observation as some of the cash shop items are not visible in any way. There is no way to tell how many character slots or kiwis any one person has stashed either.

Your post is just a bunch of stuff you made up.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kay finished the bow the result was aprox 320 Chrom jewels now I'm doing more chrom jewels on these boots should be easier though -.- then my gear is pretty much GG Unreplacable. So far the boots are now at 61 chroms

F this f'ing chrom color bs -.-

Wooohooz

30% movement speed with Double resist DAYUMMMM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Heh, I needed that color combination for a bow once. Getting the blue was damn near impossible. Blew through 4 stacks of chroms.

This is purely BS speculation on your part.

There is no way for us to know what the "hardcore" players are spending in the cash shop. Nor is there any official statement to this effect. One can not even guess through observation as some of the cash shop items are not visible in any way. There is no way to tell how many character slots or kiwis any one person has stashed either.

Your post is just a bunch of stuff you made up.
    I think you didnt understand what i typed.
    PoE is said to be oriented to the hardcore comunity. I think u must agree with me that the "casual" comunity is much much greater. Being much greater most likely they contribute with more money then a small hardcore comunity.
    Lets take the example of D3.
    It sure drove many potencial players away due to the difficulty. Blizzard sensed this and couldnt just ignore the vast majority of the playerbase hence making the game easier to satisfy the casual player needs. As any company they want to make money and when the great majority of the paying customers arent eager to contribute with their money they just tend to their needs.

What i meant with ".. he hardcore players wont be supporting the game by buying stuff as much as they want to..." is that 5% of the playerbase doesnt contribute as much as the other 95% being this 95% the casual playerbase.

Unless each hardcore players is paying 20 times more than each player on the casual side

P.S the 5% and 95% numbers are made up and were meant to give a sense of proportion about what the sizes of casual vs hardcore playerbase.
    Last edited by mmoc349aaf9315; 2013-02-08 at 06:02 PM.