Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Pet Battles
    One of the best things ever added to the game. Just a shame that they decided to destroy the Fluxfire Feline in 5.2 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, it's such a sensitive audience that they could change one little thing and it could cause a massive uproar. It's a very risky game so they have to stick to basic things.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    One of the best things ever added to the game. Just a shame that they decided to destroy the Fluxfire Feline in 5.2 though.
    I've actually been surprised by how much I've enjoyed Pet Battles. That said, the FFF was absurdly overpowered. They may have gone too far with the nerf, but I am glad that it's been toned down. Hopefully there'll be more variety now.

(And yes, I'm well aware that it can be countered... I built my PvP team with a speedy FFF, but also counters to counters for the FFF. I just think it's silly that the FFF was so powerful against the PvE tamers and I look forward to figuring out new strategies)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Lose 7 million players? So what, WoW did fine its first years with only 1-2 million. Most MMOs would kill to have that kind of active player base.
    You must not know how businesses works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Just wanted to say, it's not a bad idea

-> The Flaw: why would you want to change the game so much? You're talking about actually demolishing the game for 85% of the fan base?

Good Luck

10+ Year Old Account
    You goddamn fossils you're the reason why the game is so bad! You lick blizzard's ass in everything and you have no imagination about how great this game could be.

PET BATTLES? CROSS REALM ZONES? SCENARIOS?

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKK IS THIS SUPPOSED TO INNOVATE OR HELP TO PUSH THIS MMO FORWARD???

Infracted. Keep your posts civil when arguing
    Give into your Anger
    - Sha of Anger 2012
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-08 at 06:05 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Lost me at "Lose 7 million players? So what" do you know what the aim of a profit based business is?

10+ Year Old Account
    WHAT

EVER.

4 expansions and 90% of new content gets finished in a month, followed by 3-4 months of grinding static bosses which have no effect on the world itself and offer no sense of danger to the player.

WHAT.

EVER.

People like you probably defended tape casettes because CDs and DVDs meant re-buying all your collection.

WHAT.

EVER!!
    Your credibility was already non existant before this thread, but now you've passed the threshold of ridiculous. Take a chill pill and come back later.

... on second thought, don't.

C'mon, you have to admit that the FFF HAD to be nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You must not know how businesses works.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

Losing 7 million because of a design decision, from the point of view of the shareholders and blizzard employees would be a huge, HUGE mistake. They would lose out on so much money because of a risky venture that would essentially ruin the game for the majority. That's bad business. Extremely bad business.

So on that reason alone, it would never happen. They might take risks (and often do take small risks) but they will never make a design decision that would cause them to lose that many people. And if they did, they would promptly be fired.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    He's one of my main lineup, he definitely needs a nerf. There is no doubt about it he is far too powerful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    There's a big difference between nerfing something and outright destroying something. It's comparable to removing Combustion and replacing it with some weak new AOE spell just because Fire Mages were overpowered.
    They instead could have nerfed the Supercharge bonus from 150% down something like 75% or 100% and it would have been fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a big difference between nerfing something and outright destroying something. It's comparable to removing Combustion and replacing it with some weak new AOE spell just because Fire Mages were overpowered.
    They instead could have nerfed the Supercharge bonus from 150% down something like 75% or 100% and it would have been fine.
    My guess on why they didn't do that is because Supercharge is used by other pets as well. Sure, they could have made a weaker Supercharge tailored just for the FFF, but then again... it's not like people use the pet for other reason than it being overpowered as hell. You can bet that if it had never been so overpowered, it wouldn't be even half as popular as it is now.

Don't think we should be talking about that here though
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH there aren't many good MMOs that WoW can learn from. Hell even GW2 has its own flaws & lets not even touch on MMOs like DCU or SWToR.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion: The reason Blizzard have so many subscribers compered to any other MMO's is because they don't do that shit anymore.

I would quit in a second if they made every thing back to a large scale (remove competetive 10 mans, force us to do 25 or 40 mans) cus honestly, the game play of 40 mans sucks.

World bosses attacking cities? 100-200 people fighting a boss. No ty... Boring gameplay:/
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I don't think the game is bad, I love the new additions and what the game has to offer.

So you want them to put innovative stuff in it..
    But then attack them and rage if they put innovative stuff in it?
    The irony is delicious!
    Except it isn't innovative at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Pet Battles - Easily recognizable as a bad pokemon rip-off.
    Scenarios - Easily recognizable as a terrible easy dungeon.
    Brawlers Guild - While I approve of this to a degree, in game monster arenas have been in games for quite a while (FF7, Overlord, etc, etc).
    Treasure hunts - Treasure hunts are certainly new and innovative... Something never seen in history or games ever.
    Farms - A glorified bad rip-off of farmville and all other said farming simulators?
    Dynamic legendary progression - What a good way to spice this up... did Blizzard actually say this or are you just making it up yourself to make it sound better than it is?

I didn't realize these were all in game prior to Mists of Pandaria
    I believe OP was talking about new, innovative things to gaming and the genre in general. You know... sort of like they pulled out in the initial release and following expansion, and not so much afterwards. If you can name one new, innovative thing they added in the past 2 expansions (MoP, Cata) you deserve a cookie. I'm talking actual gameplay wise, and not system mechanics, because be honest, there really isn't. The last thing worth even honorable mention is the implementation of heroic mode raids (WotLK), and that was really just the next step up from heroic dungeons already added in BC. Vehicles and phasing added in wrath might honestly be the only real one since BC, and those ones had very mixed results. (Phasing while more a system change had huge implications on gameplay as well, LFR, LFD, and CRZ are system changes with minimal changes to gameplay and quite a bit of negative feedback.)

I pretty much agree with OP. While his presentation is a bit lackluster, pretending he doesn't have a point just because of such is ignorant. It's quite clear to anyone involved with WoW over the years that they have not only produced less and less innovative content, but they have slowly made things easier, clearer, and more open... which isn't completely a good thing.

You goddamn fossils you're the reason why the game is so bad! You lick blizzard's ass in everything and you have no imagination about how great this game could be.

PET BATTLES? CROSS REALM ZONES? SCENARIOS?

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKK IS THIS SUPPOSED TO INNOVATE OR HELP TO PUSH THIS MMO FORWARD???

Infracted. Keep your posts civil when arguing
    If you go to a restaurant and order a pizza, you won't be brought a hamburger.

Why should you change the recipe if your dish gets eaten? You invent a new recipe to keep customers coming to your restaurant.

Hint: Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    In my opinion: The reason Blizzard have so many subscribers compered to any other MMO's is because they don't do that shit anymore.

I would quit in a second if they made every thing back to a large scale (remove competetive 10 mans, force us to do 25 or 40 mans) cus honestly, the game play of 40 mans sucks.

World bosses attacking cities? 100-200 people fighting a boss. No ty... Boring gameplay:/
    While I agree with most of what you said, raiding, outside of the first kill or two, is not competitive. Competition requires you to have an opponent playing against you, which you do not when you raid. You kill npcs. You are not competing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Except it isn't innovative at all.

Pet Battles - Easily recognizable as a bad pokemon rip-off.
    Scenarios - Easily recognizable as a terrible easy dungeon.
    Brawlers Guild - While I approve of this to a degree, in game monster arenas have been in games for quite a while (FF7, Overlord, etc, etc).
    Treasure hunts - Treasure hunts are certainly new and innovative... Something never seen in history or games ever.
    Farms - A glorified bad rip-off of farmville and all other said farming simulators?
    Dynamic legendary progression - What a good way to spice this up... did Blizzard actually say this or are you just making it up yourself to make it sound better than it is?

I didn't realize these were all in game prior to Mists of Pandaria
    I believe OP was talking about new, innovative things to gaming and the genre in general. You know... sort of like they pulled out in the initial release and following expansion, and not so much afterwards. If you can name one new, innovative thing they added in the past 2 expansions (MoP, Cata) you deserve a cookie. I'm talking actual gameplay wise, and not system mechanics, because be honest, there really isn't. The last thing worth even honorable mention is the implementation of heroic mode raids (WotLK), and that was really just the next step up from heroic dungeons already added in BC. Vehicles and phasing added in wrath might honestly be the only real one since BC, and those ones had very mixed results. (Phasing while more a system change had huge implications on gameplay as well, LFR, LFD, and CRZ are system changes with minimal changes to gameplay and quite a bit of negative feedback.)

I pretty much agree with OP. While his presentation is a bit lackluster, pretending he doesn't have a point just because of such is ignorant. It's quite clear to anyone involved with WoW over the years that they have not only produced less and less innovative content, but they have slowly made things easier, clearer, and more open... which isn't completely a good thing.
    Being innovative doesn't mean it has to be new to the genre entirely. Those are features that were not found in World of Warcraft until now and they attract attention from players who enjoy that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    TBH there aren't many good MMOs that WoW can learn from. Hell even GW2 has its own flaws & lets not even touch on MMOs like DCU or SWToR.
    Just because something doesn't completely succeed doesn't mean there isn't a lesson to be learned from it. You can bake a cake perfectly but add Worcestershire sauce to it so that no one that eats it will stick around and eat more, but it doesn't mean that the sugar, flour, and other ingredients were bad too. Everyone eventually gets tired of eating the same food year after year, There really is no excuse for no real innovation from a company as big as Blizzard, when even small-time businesses and game developers are constantly creating new and interesting things... Like Tourrettes Quest for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I believe OP was talking about new, innovative things to gaming and the genre in general. You know... sort of like they pulled out in the initial release and following expansion, and not so much afterwards.
    What was innovative in launch condition WoW besides being much more casual friendly than all the other MMOs?

Deleted
    So what if it would allienate all these fossil players who live to reminiscence about the "good ole days"
    and tried to go back to an old school Warcraft feeling
    Does not compute.

Other then that, what use is it to change the game in a way that 7 million players will not like? In what reality is changing something that the majority of your players hate a good thing? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Also, you seem to want a completely different game from WoW. Go play a different game, instead of wanting to make WoW into that.