Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. Personal using one, HEEEEELLLLL NO!!!

Seen them, many times. Too many times from Vanilla to Mists of Pandaria. They are just a smudge upon the experience of players, there should be stricter supervision against such. Way stricter. I report a good few a month. All from farm bots, auction bots to the dumbest of all, dungeon bots. I don't understand using them at all, it's so lazy, you are cheating your way into an open game. You should be blocked totally off from the game if you use bots.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

used one on a different game on a chinese server. just to try out a class combination and plan a little ahead for my home server (very hard/expensive/impossible talent/stat resets)

i didnt do it again as i sucked at the class and people around me gave me no help/respect

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to remind people that while we allow some conversation of bots within a general context, MMOC doesn't allow any discussion encouraging, supporting, or providing information for the use of bots - so please be careful what you post.

I'm sure everyone knows that botting is against the Blizzard TOA.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

My brother had one which he set up for himself, and levelled a few of my chars. Only levelled alts with it since it took the piss and I could play all the classes anyway, never farmed anything for profit though.

wtb auto-level feature for those who can actually play max level chars with some level of non-derpy.

Never, haven't even had an urge to.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never bought gold & never will, but I have used a bot before and it was during AV weekend.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never botted. I don't really see the point of it. I'm not paying $15 a month to let some program play the game for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I want to remind people that while we allow some conversation of bots within a general context, MMOC doesn't allow any discussion encouraging, supporting, or providing information for the use of bots - so please be careful what you post.

I'm sure everyone knows that botting is against the Blizzard TOA.
    Aye aye, captain. Besiddes, it's a useless thing really. You don't enjoy the game or make it feel like you've actually done anything at all. If you find the game a chore and you have to cheat to deal with your "problem", then you might need a different game and spare the community from the filth of a automated charecter. Wouldn't that actually be waste of time as well? I mean, you didn't achieve anything within the game, some automated clicks did. You can't claim to have skills, nor knowledge as you didn't do anything.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I don't bot, but I met a former botter in a dungeon yesterday, he had his 5 90s banned becuase he botted, he told me he did it because this was the grindiest expansion yet, and he couldn't take it anymore
    And yet he still plays.

I've never botted, nor do I understand the reasoning behind doing so. I want to earn what I obtain.

Never have, never will. I am as anti-botter as it gets, I have reported more people at Ruins Rise farming for Skyshards than I have Skyshards myself. And yes, I only have 6 Skyshards, but 6+ can go quite far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Aye aye, captain. Besiddes, it's a useless thing really. You don't enjoy the game or make it feel like you've actually done anything at all. If you find the game a chore and you have to cheat to deal with your "problem", then you might need a different game and spare the community from the filth of a automated charecter. Wouldn't that actually be waste of time as well? I mean, you didn't achieve anything within the game, some automated clicks did. You can't claim to have skills, nor knowledge as you didn't do anything.
    It's also bad game design to gate desirable activities behind hundreds of hours of non-desirable activities. If PvP equalized gear, all those BG bots grinding honor would disappear and PvP would be more balanced.

Most I've used is an auto-clicker.

Yes, can't give a crap about leveling can't give a crap doing same qs 10times row

Deleted
    Never used any real bot, only thing I ever used - autoclicker to prospect the ore. Even with it I still can't take that task, I'm making 10k per hour of plain farming / playing the AH, while 8 hours of shuffling ore netted me 15k profit.

Also I report / break any bot I stumble upon. It was hilarious once to force PvP tag on horde bot farming in Verlok Stand, then kill it and watch it rez in mid-air (which resulted in another death from falling damage) ad-infinitum. It kept dying and rezing for good couple of hours.

Been using a fishing bot in middle of cata, but i stopped using it since i didn't earn any money on it later on. Was pretty effective in the beginning though!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Deleted
    I never have. I like doing my own questing, and sometimes it's relaxing to just fly around brainlessly gathering ore or herbs after a long day. I don't PvP much, and I enjoy BGs when I'm in the mood anyway, so I wouldn't want to bot for Honor Points.

I have considered using a bot, though - once. I was trying to camp Vyragosa to finish Frostbitten just before CRZ came out, and set up camp in the lounge with my laptop, duvet and headphones, and NPCScan. I knew that you get disconnected after a period of inactivity, but I thought that only happened when WoW was in the background.

When I discovered that it could happen even when WoW's in the foreground, I briefly considered trying to find a bot to jump every few minutes or something, just to keep me logged in. Then I realised I didn't care enough about the achievement to risk my account. Or lose sleep because the wind in The Storm Peaks kept waking me up, for that matter. Still don't have Frostbitten, but that's okay

I used one to max fishing on a couple of alts. I also used one many years ago to level up and maintain the level of my spellsinger, shillien elder and prophet in lineage 2, which back then literally meant killing the same respawning mobs a few million times.

Never used one to bot BGs, instances for vendor gold or farm nodes in WoW, if anything I don't feel like it is even remotely rewarding enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Sometimes in Battlegrounds I'd see so many bots I felt like I'd have nothing to lose if I did though.

Deleted
    Never used and never will

Never have, never will, if I see it I will report it. I don't care if you are in my guild, family member, close friend. I've reported core raiding members in the guilds i've been in for that garbage.