Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Disc Vs Holy 5.2

Disc is still the best specc for healing?

They are two different playstyles

Neither is better then the other, each are useful in different situations.

/thread

Ofc it is, but in the end its the healing done who counts...

So the thread is open again!

No, wrong.

They heal differently, one is about mitigating damage one is about pure healing.

So they are different, and used in different forms.

/thread still

There are still number tweaks happening on the PTR and plenty of bugs, but as far as I know, both specs have been doing fine in raid testing. Until we start doing encounters on live with the stat priority changes and abilities finalized, it's a little early to say one trumps the other. There are always fights that play to the strengths of one or the other spec, and I'm sure 5.2 will be the same.

The only thing i can tell so far is that holy is stupidly powerful with 2p t15 (10% more pom healing on every jump) set bonus because of divine insight, this is from a pure output perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    No, wrong.

They heal differently, one is about mitigating damage one is about pure healing.

So they are different, and used in different forms.

/thread still
    LOOOL! Are u for real? One specc heal the other one prevent damage. Thats right captain obvious, here take this rock!
    How should i put it so even u can understand!??? hmmmm... What healingspecc are people using the most?
    Do you even see any holypriest in raids?(5.1) (and no, slackerguilds and LFR doesnt counts)

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-10 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulleimagen View Post
    LOOOL! Are u for real? One specc heal the other one prevent damage. Thats right captain obvious, here take this rock!
    How should i put it so even u can understand!??? hmmmm... What healingspecc are people using the most?
    Do you even see any holypriest in raids?(5.1) (and no, slackerguilds and LFR doesnt counts)
    I raid Holy in 5.1 and have on fights where people always played Disc (Vizier) in a top progression guild (US 14). I will continue to play Holy in 5.2
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

People are switching based on the fight because each spec performs differently.

Understand this please.

Deleted
    I've been playing holy on farm content lately and really enjoy it, except for the incredibly clunky chakra system.

I haven't read up on 5.2 fights at all but expect to see a similar scenario to what we currently have (but reversed).

I base this on nothing but my own interpretation of the current patch notes... I think holy will probably be the overall more effective spec in 5.2 but disc will still have a couple of fights were it is superior because you can cheese mechanics with Spirit Shell, Atonement etc.
    Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2013-02-09 at 03:42 AM.

Both specs are viable, but with the strength of disc in this tier, we saw even few holy priests than normal. It will even out a bit in 5.2, I have a feeling. A big part of this will come down to how well someone plays the spec, some people will play holy better than they can play disc and vice versa. We raid with two disc priests and the other is already wanting to play holy, so chances are we will have one of each come 5.2. While disc is being brought down a lot, it will still be just as competitive, and it has better raid utility than holy, which is part of the problem.

While holy is in a good place, I wish they would give them a bit more regen, especially during progression, its mana longevity is lacking for my taste.

Uh I don't even have a disc spec. I am only 12/16H but I wouldnt classify myself as a slacker guild. As long as your not pushing cutting edge heroics with low gear holy is a viable spec for all encounter (5.1).
    Last edited by Cobaltskie; 2013-02-09 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltskie View Post
    Uh I don't even have a disc spec. I am only 12/16H but I wouldnt classify myself as a slacker guild. As long as your not pushing cutting edge heroics with low gear holy is a viable spec for all encounter (5.1).
    I pushed cutting edge as Holy. Your statement is invalid.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're asking which spec will come out on top in 5.2, I don't believe that anyone can really answer that yet.

From what I've heard the lack of 25 man and HM testing on the PTR thus far combined with bugs with Discipline skills has resulted in the people testing Discipline there to not be able to get any accurate numbers about what it will be like after the patch. Add to that Blizzard is expecting people to make a shift in play style and it's going to take a little bit of time for priests to adjust to that as well.

I'm quite sure you will see more of the priests that felt it was absolutely necessary to play discipline in 5.1 because of it's increased efficiency over holy, but who like holy more will go back to it. It should result in a more balanced usage of the two specs.

I will wait and see what happens in 5.2 and choose from there.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    They are two different playstyles

Neither is better then the other, each are useful in different situations.

/thread
    You're really irritating. If people want to hold discussion based on which spec will be more viable or balanced next patch, let them do so. They're quite obviously not balanced at the moment, so I don't understand where your obnoxious comment stems from.

isnt holy superior when aoe healing is needed while disc is better at single target
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesti View Post
    You're really irritating. If people want to hold discussion based on which spec will be more viable or balanced next patch, let them do so. They're quite obviously not balanced at the moment, so I don't understand where your obnoxious comment stems from.
    The thing is this question is brought up every few days and the answer is always the same. You play the spec whose playstyle you prefer.

That is the only thing that matters cause both specs are viable on every encounter. Most players out there will never need to worry about the small % difference between the specs unless you are at the very top of world progression. If somebody comes into this forum asking this question it is obvious that they do not fall into that category of player and thus they don't need to choose which one is "better".

The worst thing that can happen is having a healer playing a class/spec that they do not like. That can lead only to trouble in the long run.

Deleted
    They are completely different play the style you enjoy the most is my advice, healing isnt just about numbers.

We have a Holy priest in our group, were not a "slacker guild" as you called it but he enjoys playing it and it adds healing style variation to my healing teams.
    Last edited by mmocb2e144e77d; 2013-02-09 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    The thing is this question is brought up every few days and the answer is always the same. You play the spec whose playstyle you prefer.

That is the only thing that matters cause both specs are viable on every encounter. Most players out there will never need to worry about the small % difference between the specs unless you are at the very top of world progression. If somebody comes into this forum asking this question it is obvious that they do not fall into that category of player and thus they don't need to choose which one is "better".

The worst thing that can happen is having a healer playing a class/spec that they do not like. That can lead only to trouble in the long run.
    The OP is referring to 5.2, not the current tier. If the answer is always the same, why bother posting? Clearly you've already settled on your conclusion. It's not your place to tell someone that they can't hold discussion on a similar topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesti View Post

It's a shame you can't understand what I am saying.

It's a known fact, either spec is viable. They are viable on different fights moreso then the other.

On heroic empress, theres a lot of burst aoe damage, so you would be disc.

Heroic Garalon, there is more consistant aoe damage so you would play holy.

I don't understand what is irritating about pointing out that each spec works differently depending on the fight, and neither is better then the other.