Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    'Capacitive' for Physical DPS, 'Sinister' for Spell Casters, 'Courageous' for Healers and 'Indomitable' for Tanks.

edit:
    Fire enchant could represent Spell casters I guess, so this one for Physical or Tanks if it is the gems.
    Last edited by Kinferatu; 2013-02-09 at 01:42 AM.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Whatever it is, I know I want it. WAAAAAAAAAAAaHAAAaANT.

I hope the skull face is not a proc though and just something that starts out as just being the crown when you equip it, and then it starts growing the skull face which remains there for the duration of you having it equipped. Or an "use on" toggle that allows you to switch between a normal crown and the icy skull crown.

I'm wondering if it's gonna drop off of Ahune. Midsummer would fit both the Sun Crown and this one! =)

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Whatever it is, I know I want it. WAAAAAAAAAAAaHAAAaANT.

I hope the skull face is not a proc though and just something that starts out as just being the crown when you equip it, and then it starts growing the skull face which remains there for the duration of you having it equipped. Or an "use on" toggle that allows you to switch between a normal crown and the icy skull crown.

I'm wondering if it's gonna drop off of Ahune. Midsummer would fit both the Sun Crown and this one! =)
    Doubt it would be for Midsummer, seems abit... 'dark' for it, if you know what I mean. :S

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    different effects depending on which legendary meta gem you use?
    The issue with that theory though is that these are actual items... that have icons. If they were intended to be graphic effects then they wouldn't be items, they'd be spells and they wouldn't have inventory icons.

Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post
    Doubt it would be for Midsummer, seems abit... 'dark' for it, if you know what I mean. :S

Well, the main theme for Midsummer is fire and all that, so it fits the Sun Crown.

And Ahune is a Midsummer boss and he fits the Helm of Eternal Winter!

Then again, I doubt they'd make these new models for Midsummer, even though Midsummer could really use some new loot drops.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    We know what the Sun Crown is for but this just confuses me. Wahhhh?
    We do? /10char

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Well, the main theme for Midsummer is fire and all that, so it fits the Sun Crown.

And Ahune is a Midsummer boss and he fits the Helm of Eternal Winter!

Then again, I doubt they'd make these new models for Midsummer, even though Midsummer could really use some new loot drops.
    Would be nice to have new Midsummer stuff, since getting the pet and tabard, really no point since it doesn't drop any cool weapon/armour for hunters. Just saying the 'skull' crown and the 'horns' crown seem more based on Undead and Demons.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt the crowns are for the legendary gem procs. It would look really silly if you were already wearing a helm, and they even have their own unique icons. I doubt Blizzard would make unique icons for a spell effect.

All I can think of is it either drops off Ra'den or it's an item not being added until 5.3 or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The issue with that theory though is that these are actual items... that have icons. If they were intended to be graphic effects then they wouldn't be items, they'd be spells and they wouldn't have inventory icons.
    It would be the icon for the gem, they're currently using the old Sha gem icon.

Transmog gear for holiday events would be rad but I'm not putting money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It would be the icon for the gem, they're currently using the old Sha gem icon.
    Nah, the icons would be named differently if that were the case. They'd be labeled as [inv_legendary_crownofheaven_agi], instead of [inv-helm-eternalwinter-d-01].

As someone who reads through the game files I can tell you that the model files and the icons for these crowns are intended to be an equippable head-slot item. Blizzard are very meticulous about file names and their purpose.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-09 at 02:09 AM.

Fair enough then I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Nah, the icons would be named differently if that were the case. They'd be labeled as [inv_legendary_crownofheaven_agi], instead of [inv-helm-eternalwinter-d-01].

As someone who reads through the game files I can tell you that the model files and the icons for these crowns are intended to be an equippable head-slot item. Blizzard are very meticulous about file names and their purpose.
    As I check now there are no names for legendary items - thunderfury, Ragy mace, One Hand mace from ulduar, etc. They included legnedary file names for icons in latest patch for MoP for black prince, but only for gems... We can anyway speculate that this only special effect as enchant on the helm...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post
    Would be nice to have new Midsummer stuff, since getting the pet and tabard, really no point since it doesn't drop any cool weapon/armour for hunters. Just saying the 'skull' crown and the 'horns' crown seem more based on Undead and Demons.
    Well to be fair, Ahune has a huge skull-like face, and Midsummer is always about fire and ice, so ... yeah ?

I do think it would fit, even though that crown feels like some Scourge Lich related artefact.

It's very exciting.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the skulls will be dynamic depending on the race. A Worgen with a wolf skull; a Tauren with a more bull-like skull etc...

I hope so.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Well to be fair, Ahune has a huge skull-like face, and Midsummer is always about fire and ice, so ... yeah ?

I do think it would fit, even though that crown feels like some Scourge Lich related artefact.

It's very exciting.
    I forgot what he looked like, that was long ago...
    Still sticking with my Scourge/LK theme...maybe cause I was a ex-DK. I miss her.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

A Scourge/LK theme for something that is presumably coming in patch 5.2 is extremely unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    There is also Thunder King (Lei Shen) Helm model for all Races... So there are 3 helm models atm :P
    Could you link me thunder king helm model? wanna see it!.

Deleted
    Guys, its pretty obvious that they come from the Legendary Metas.

As for now, we have 2 Headeffects, so i think they will add 2-3 more for the missing metas.

like Healers get Suncrown, casters the Frost helm an so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Guys, its pretty obvious that they come from the Legendary Metas.

As for now, we have 2 Headeffects, so i think they will add 2-3 more for the missing metas.

like Healers get Suncrown, casters the Frost helm an so on.
    Don't they already have specific names and icons ?