Poll: What would you like?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    As a horde I like it the way it is:}. I enjoy Alliance not being able to fix things.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Dalaran, really.
    Or new Theramore.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-02-08 at 10:27 PM.

The thing about rebuilding the park is that it would have to have a purpose - a reason for players to go there. Merely putting in some Gilneas/Night Elf/Pandaren buildings wouldn't really do it. Sure they could just move the Druid and Monk trainers there but since players rarely use them anymore that wouldn't work well either.

Each of Stormwind's districts have a unique purpose and players will travel to or hang out there for that reason, except Cathedral Square; nobody ever goes there because all it has is rarely-used class trainers. If it weren't for the portal arrivals hardly anyone would go to the Mage Quarter either.

Trade District -- Public area, bank, AH, repairs, inn, supplies, barbershop, guild master.
    Old Town -- Training dummies, gear vendors, class trainers, profession trainers, inn.
    Dwarven District -- Public area, bank, AH, repair, inn, supplies, class trainers, profession trainers.
    Mage Quarter -- Portal area, class trainers, profession trainers.
    Cathedral Square -- class trainers.

So what worthwhile feature could The Park have?

What could be a good idea is to simply make it a park but hold all special and world events there.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-02-09 at 12:19 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    A waterpark. Seriously, guys, you can't fix "land", it needs to come from somewhere else BEFORE they build up something there.
    And with that argument, there shouldn't really be a crater there either.

Besides...a few Shamans to raise the land should do wonders.

Odds are good that it'll be replaced with just a wall or something to do with the next Xpac after its fixed, if only because of the Org issue.

Leaving that aside, I still liek the idea of an ocean facing tower housing the Alliance Assembly, with floors and basements for each Alliance embassy, a private harbour and even that airship dock someone suggested earlier. Impressive, fits the lore, and doesn't do anything to affect gameplay.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He can defy the nobles fort now but he can't do it forever, if they truly rally behind someone like our deceased Katrana ,Varian has a serious problem.
    I have heard neither heads nor tails of nobles, in any important in-game context, since the Vanilla quest lines that lore-wise occured while Varian was still AWOL. They Nobles haven't been present at any important alliance meeting n game. Not the pre-cataclysm council, not the meeting describing the actions to move on Pandaria... Varian seems to be the A-number 1 Guy in Charge of the Alliance at this point, commanding the military in whatever manner he so chooses. When Anduin told him not to use the Sha, Varian didn't go "well gee I better get a second opinion from the house of nobles," he said "a'ight, no sha for us." All of his recent interactions with Jaina and her increasingly self-interested unilateral actions have been in the strain of "You need to talk things over with me, Jaina" not "you need to talk things over with me and then we'll send a memo to the house of nobles so they can deliberate on it and then get back to us in three to six weeks"

The house of nobles seems to have fallen by the wayside. Lore wise, I find it most likely that, with the return of Varian, they've become little more than pompous dignitary figureheads.

Why do you want to waste Dalaran on Stormwind? It wouldn't be a city state anymore, the moment it became Stormwinds new park it would become another district.
    This I more or less agree with, namely only because parking Dalaran against Stormwind would be a really dull solution. We've spent a lot of time sitting in Dalaran. We've spent a lot of time sitting in Stormwind. Something tells me that the prospect of being able to sit in both at once wouldn't really be "exciting"

I maintain we need a Gilnean District.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    There's already a Gilnean District in Darnassus, we don't need 2.
    Since Hogger is the 2nd highest vote, it is obvious that it should become the Riverpaw District with a big Hogger statue in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a giant nuclear power plant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    There's already a Gilnean District in Darnassus, we don't need 2.
    Since Hogger is the 2nd highest vote, it is obvious that it should become the Riverpaw District with a big Hogger statue in the middle.
    "Gilnean District?"

I was not aware that a tree.... wait, no, the space BENEATH a tree, in a city full of trees, constituted a District.

You might as well say Orgrimmar has a full-fledged Tauren District, because Gamon stands around in Orgrimmar.

Gilneas architecture is some of the best Blizzard has ever done; it's a shame they've so far wasted it on a plot hole.

Gilnean. District. Needed.

Blizzard could even incorporate the Pandaren and Night Elves into it. Stick one of the old Worgen-y moonwell trees in one corner of it. Make the Inn or Auction House a rustic, industrial revolution-style china building to represent the Pandaren.

Boom. Three races encapsulated by an awesome district.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-09 at 04:58 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You might as well say Orgrimmar has a Tauren District, because Gamon stands there.
    It actually has, in the Valley of Wisdom.

The Night Elves and Worgen should grow a small Teldrassil tree sprouting from the ocean that is linked to the city via roots and vines and branches and bridges. It would look pretty.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Night elf/monk district but better than the old park. With slides and an ice rink.

AND WITH BLACKJACK AND HOOKERS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    It actually has, in the Valley of Wisdom.
    So it has two, you're saying.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Something that is dark or mysterious and not something silly. So no to Hogger statue, pandas etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vote is for an Argent Tournament- Type area and other mini-games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    And with that argument, there shouldn't really be a crater there either.
    That's why I asked where did Deathwing sent the district.

WoW MMO C community you impress me, I thought you'd all be bawling over how pandaren don't have their meaningful culture better represented in the Alliance.

Bravo, you're finally moving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    • Gilnean district -> DISCARDED, the worgen have their own capital, their own realm and their own peninsula! Still want more? (also, as a kingdom of the alliance they are, can have their representation in the Old Town district).
    • Pandaren district -> DISCARDED, pandas have their own continent (which already seems like a joke in bad taste) and are already represented on an island with a balloon inside Stormwind (which for me personally left over).
    • Night elf district -> DISCARDED, the night elves have their own island and many settlements throughout Azeroth (they could also be represented in some corner of the vast forests in the City Outskirts).
    • A paladin district -> DISCARDED, paladins have their own district in the Cathedral Square, in addition, in the case of the restoration of the Order of the Silver Hand by Turalyon and in the case of the return of the Queen Calia for reclaim Lordaeron, Stratholme should be converted in the capital of the new Lordaeron and the holy light, not only a district in Stormwind.

SOLUTION

What is the force of the Alliance barely represented in Stormwind and which does not even have an official capital? Exactly, the High Elves, is to them to those who would have to dedicate a district in the capital of the Alliance, as they have been, are and will be a vital part of it.

Currently, the high elves live scattered throughout the lands of the Alliance, as they were exiled from their own land by their fellow traitors: the blood elves. In fact not even have their own territory, except the forests of Greenwood. And despite all, they continue to show their loyalty to the Alliance fighting for it every day.

What I propose is to locate in the old park district of Stormwind a new district dedicated primarily to the High Elves, where Alleria Windrunner can lead to all high elves of the Alliance when she returns.

Its architecture would be thalassian of course, but with their distinctive blue, turquoise and silver colors: it would be like a small Silvermoon as it was before its destruction by the Scourge (without demonic crystals, without crimson and golden colors nor these phoenix symbols everywhere).

In addition, this district could be open not only to the High Elves, if not all elven races and those related to these, such as the Highborne, the Draenei, etc...

In short, I propose a tribute to the Quel'dorei, dedicating a district in Stormwind to them, a place where the banner of the Silver Unicorn can wave again.

10+ Year Old Account
    dreenieia PICKLEFUCKER

I want to see the night elf district back!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You might as well say Orgrimmar has a full-fledged Tauren District, because Gamon stands around in Orgrimmar.
    Orgrimmar does have a full-fledge tauren district, it's the Valley of Wisdom. They also have goblin and troll districts.

A Gilnean district could be cool, but I'm not sure if their architecture would mesh well with Stormwind's.

If they can make the architecture fit, I think a nice touch would be to incorporate a few more quests around level 20, after completing Darkshore, to send worgen players to Stormwind to meet back up with Genn Greymane, and then go into Duskwood to do some more quests involving worgen. Maybe even throw in a new questline or two involving the Dark Riders and Scythe of Elune, tied in with the new comic book coming out this year.