Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Class Morality: Most Evil to Most Good in order

11 classes in wow, all with there own unique purpose in the game, and all with there own unique lore.

going from potentially the most evil class to play as, right down to the most good guy class to be, what order do you put this is.

to make it easy

Warrior
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Druid
    Deathknight
    Warlock
    Mage
    Priest
    Paladin
    Monk
    Hunter

You can use examples of characters in the lore who being the class they are acted upon such good or bad methods.

Mine:

Most Evil > - Warlock - Deathknight - Rogue - Warrior - Priest - Mage - Hunter - Shaman - Druid - Paladin - Monk - < Most Good

I consider monk more good then paladin, since I've yet to see any real story of an evil monk or an monk who uses his power to harm others for the sake of it, even paladins have used the power for the wrong reason sometimes.

Warlock obviously most evil since they allow themselves to give into evil and corrupt magics, deathknights, well pretty nasty, didn't have a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would any be evil? Maybe...maybe a warlock. But DK's were created against their will and broke free of their bondage. They're what they want to be, not evil.

I'm not evil, I just love power and the suffering of others.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages are 1 step away from warlocks.

Most evil:
    1. Deathknight (the only reason we ever joined alliance or horde was beacue of tirion and darion, opportunity and chance is imo the only thing that differ us from the dks that served the lich king.
    2. Warlock -> summoning demons is never a good thing...
    3. Rogue, at best ur a thief at worst ur an assassin..
    4. mage, power have a tendency to corrupt..
    5. warrior/hunter all feel pretty neutral to me.
    6. nature in general is pretty harsh tbh, and druids is one with nature, depending on spec they can be either good or rly bad
    7. shaman/monk i feel they have a more peaceful nature then the above neutral classes or druids.
    8. Paladin/priest. the good guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure warlocks are the only class that's at all evil. Priests, paladins, and druids fall into the "good" side (mostly), but the rest are pretty much neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Most evil:
    1. Deathknight (the only reason we ever joined alliance or horde was beacue of tirion and darion, opportunity and chance is imo the only thing that differ us from the dks that served the lich king.
    2. Warlock -> summoning demons is never a good thing...
    3. Rogue, at best ur a thief at worst ur an assassin..
    4. mage, power have a tendency to corrupt..
    5. warrior/hunter all feel pretty neutral to me.
    6. nature in general is pretty harsh tbh, and druids is one with nature, depending on spec they can be either good or rly bad
    7. shaman/monk i feel they have a more peaceful nature then the above neutral classes or druids.
    8. Paladin/priest. the good guys!
    Exactly my list! Only minor quibble is that I would put Priest before Paladin. Priest have a shadow spec that's pretty dark, Paladin is just all good, even the DPS spec is there as an avenger of evil, not someone looking to start a fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests are hard to tell because Discipline/Holy priests would be up to the most good ones such as Paladins but Shadow priests would be down with Death Knights and Warlocks.

Deleted
    I don't think Death Knights (Horde and Alliance ones, obviously) are evil. They don't have to be just because they use a little bit of shadow magic here and there, or whatever.

Just like Darsithis said, they broke free from the control of the Lich King, which means that a player Death Knight can be a true hero using those dark powers for good. Conversely, a priest could force the light to destroy and bring chaos, just like Benedictus did.

Warlocks are fundamentaly evil. It was their choice to tap into very dark magics for whatever reasons. Then again, they could use that power for good. So it's a little bit hard to tell.

Warcraft has always been about chaos and order, not good and evil.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-02-09 at 03:17 AM.

"Good" and "evil" are highly subjective.

My Warlock may consort with Demons, but he does so knowing the potential cost to his own life/soul -- in service to the continued existence and proliferation of his people -- the Queen of whom gave him a second chance at life and fosters for him and his people a solidarity not afforded by any other civilization.

And I won't go into my further thoughts on the subject because I don't want to derail the thread with what is actually a pretty apt analogy, but I fear is beyond the maturity level of your average mmo-c poster.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Priests, druids, shamans, and paladins imo not bad nor good. They are "good" in their eyes. They are followers. Whether it is nature, the elements, or gods they are followers.

Warlocks could be good, but lack the strength so they learned to bend demons to their will for the greater good? Hard to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnta View Post
    Warlocks could be good, but lack the strength so they learned to bend demons to their will for the greater good? Hard to tell.
    Yes, bending the will of another living being is something a good person would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    "Good" and "evil" are highly subjective.
    This is true, buuuuuut, consider lore characters over the course of wow and what class you could put them into.

Gul'dan, most evil bastard to walk draenor and azeroth. He was a warlock.
    Deathknights, Arthas, he really took pleasure in what he was doing when he became one didn't he just.
    And example of certain rogues, i remember one orcish clan which seemed very rogue set took pleasure in killing people by stabing them in the back and slitting the throats of children.

So while is it subjective, you can also say by example the acts of lore character have made some more so then others.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This is true, buuuuuut, consider lore characters over the course of wow and what class you could put them into.

So while is it subjective, you can also say by example the acts of lore character have made some more so then others.
    Fair point
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Priests, paladins, and druids fall into the "good" side (mostly), but the rest are pretty much neutral.
    No, Shadow Priests are probably worse than Warlocks. Warriors aren't very good sided either, considering they're raging all the time.

Warlock, Death Knight, Rogue, Shaman, Warrior, Monk, Hunter, Priest, Mage, Paladin, Druid

Warlocks willingly take on forces that can corrupt, consume and destroy them. While they say only weak locks lose themselves to the powers they wield a whole lot of them are apparently quite weak.
    Death Knight, their past deeds won't go away, and they are still carrying the burden of them.
    Rogue, assassins, thieves, bandits, henchmen and thugs. Even at their best they are a left-hand of good. Most serve themselves.
    Shaman, while some are powerful forces for good, many, especially a large cult of them do not seek to live in harmony with the elements, but rather enslave, torture and subdue them to do their bidding, and wield their great power purely for destruction.
    Warrior, closer to the middle, warriors can be split close to 50/50 good/bad. A sense of honour is important to almost all of them but they also act on rage.
    Monk, perfectly balanced in the middle a Monk is entirely about controlling the sinister and not being so good as to be completely pacifist when the need to fight and kill comes up.
    Hunter, while many of the things that apply to warriors apply to hunters, they are a notch towards good on account of if there is one thing they love it is their pet.
    Priest, most priests and priestesses represent beneficial and positive aspects of their representative culture however there are those whom enjoy dabbling in shadow and twisting things to a sinister end.
    Mage, while mages can be sinister and malicious a threshold is crossed; at some point the mages lust for power draws them to the chaotic forces of fel and demonic magic which results in a Warlock. Most mages control themselves from crossing that line.
    Paladin, paragons of virtue and wielders of the Light, paladins *need* to be noble and virtuous to wield their powers. However, a loophole in their abilities is one that lets them wield the Light for evil deeds so long as the paladin believes what they are doing is right.
    Druids, Druids really should be outside of this since forces of nature cannot be evil. Until Druids of the Flame appeared, you would be hard pressed to ever find any druid that was evil or malicious. Druids believe firmly that nature has the final say in all things and work to ensure its unimpeded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No, Shadow Priests are probably worse than Warlocks. Warriors aren't very good sided either, considering they're raging all the time.
    Shadow is questionable. Using dark magic doesn't necessarily make the user evil (depending on the setting, of course, and as far as I know WoW doesn't have the "dark magic always corrupts" deal that some settings do).

Being angry has nothing to do with being evil. Hatred may slide down that direction, but warriors' rage is just unclassified anger. It's totally up to the character whether they're evil or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    I don't think nature is evil though, a tiger eating a deer is not evil.

Warlock>Dk>Rogue>Mage>Warrior/Hunter>Priest>Paladin>Shaman>MonK>Druid

My list somewhat goes by which is the easiest corruptible. Warlocks are already corrupted, dks are iffy, Rogues are stealers/assassins, warriors/hunters fight for their 'country', priest does have a dark side to it, Paladins can still be bad while being paladins, shamans are inherenlty good but it has been shown they are corruptible turning into warlocks, the last were monks and druids. I almost put Druid/monk in a tie but a monk is much more like druid or warrior but not really corruptable. But then druid has been corruptible but only a very few and they try to heal the the earth(azeroth). It was that brewmasters drink ale so I thought that might cause some drunken fights...So that put druids on top of monks for me.

Though it might be a bit biased as I play both a monk and a druid X}.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Druids, Druids really should be outside of this since forces of nature cannot be evil. Until Druids of the Flame appeared, you would be hard pressed to ever find any druid that was evil or malicious. Druids believe firmly that nature has the final say in all things and work to ensure its unimpeded.
    So, you're saying they're subject to corruption and would kill in order to protect nature, but they can't be evil ?

I don't really get it. How are they more forces of good than say, hunters ?

10+ Year Old Account
    All classes can be evil if they want, but the glaringly obvious ones are DKs and warlocks. Even holy priests/pallies/monks have proven to be able to be evil by the scarlet crusade. Hunters can go overboard and be like the crazed hunters that you see in borean tundra. Druids of the flames are evil druids, and even then it's easy to imagine a druid who takes his duty to the extreme and do horrible things to maintain his twisted idea of "balance".
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-02-09 at 03:41 AM.