Deleted

How do DoTs work with buffs?

Mostly because i just saw
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/95814-une...on-of-lei-shen

This gives a 100% crit chance for 4 secs.

I was under the impression, that DoTs update to debuffs (on the target) dynamically, and buffs at application.

This would make this trinket (even raid finder), insanely overpowered, as 100% crit chance on dots.

Anyone know if this is how DoTs works with buffs, and if this trinket work with dots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Mostly because i just saw
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/95814-une...on-of-lei-shen

This gives a 100% crit chance for 4 secs.

I was under the impression, that DoTs update to debuffs (on the target) dynamically, and buffs at application.

This would make this trinket (even raid finder), insanely overpowered, as 100% crit chance on dots.

Anyone know if this is how DoTs works with buffs, and if this trinket work with dots?
    This is how it works, and this should indeed work just as well with dots.

It's not the only crazy trinket. There's one that stacks up INT to immense heights, that you can most likely abuse by using SB;SS at just the right time to get soem super INT charged dots running.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

It's not the only crazy trinket. There's one that stacks up INT to immense heights, that you can most likely abuse by using SB;SS at just the right time to get soem super INT charged dots running.
    Sacrifice will be even more ridic this tier then ^^

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

This one I assume?
    "Equip: Your harmful spells have a chance to grant Wushoolay's Lightning, granting 1,333 Intellect every 2 sec for 20 sec."
    Crit one is just ridiculous, more than 50% damage increase for Affliction. No way those trinkets are making live with dot snapsotting mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    This one I assume?
    "Equip: Your harmful spells have a chance to grant Wushoolay's Lightning, granting 1,333 Intellect every 2 sec for 20 sec."
    Crit one is just ridiculous, more than 50% damage increase for Affliction. No way those trinkets are making live with dot snapsotting mechanic.
    Shhh! Just nod, agree and keep your fingers crossed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixeh View Post
    Shhh! Just nod, agree and keep your fingers crossed.
    What I was thinking ^_^

But the crit one might not work that way? Since it doesn't provide rating, do you think it will be considered the way you'd expect it to? It would be kind of rude to have a full 24 seconds of 100% critting dots, don't you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    What I was thinking ^_^

But the crit one might not work that way? Since it doesn't provide rating, do you think it will be considered the way you'd expect it to? It would be kind of rude to have a full 24 seconds of 100% critting dots, don't you think?
    Well many buffs benefit dots, also ones that does not give "rating".

But yes, it would be insanely OP.