Thread: 5.4? Wait what?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

5.4? Wait what?

So while reading the front page I noticed that one of the Achievements reads as follows.

"Cutting Edge: Ra-den (New) Defeat Ra-den in Throne of Thunder, prior to the release of patch 5.4."

5.4? I thought the Siege of Org was 5.3, and that Garrosh was to be the Last Boss of this expansion?

What do you guys think 5.4 could contain? I'm hoping not another Halion...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm thinking that 5.3 will be just like 5.1. A minor'ish patchs with a daily hub to start shoving the Horde rebellion etc and then 5.4 will be t16 with SoO.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    5.0 raid
    5.1 no raid
    5.2 raid
    5.3 no raid
    5.4 raid (siege)

so 5.3 will be a no raid content patch prolly

15+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't even mean 5.4 will be the Siege of Org raid. 5.3 will be another daily quest patch, 5.4 will be another raid patch. It might be siege of org, might not.

10+ Year Old Account
    5.4 doesn't have to be the last major content patch....

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    That doesn't even mean 5.4 will be the Siege of Org raid. 5.3 will be another daily quest patch, 5.4 will be another raid patch. It might be siege of org, might not.
    I was going on the fact of keeping expansions Short speaking that Blizz wants to push expansions faster. So I figured they would stick to the way the did it in Cataclysm. However having more patches in the same amount of time keep people excited, so I can see where they're going with the 5.0 Raid, 5.1 no Raid, 5.2 Raid, 5.3 no raid, 5.4 Raid if they really are doing that.

Edit - I'm not saying 5.4 will be last last patch, nor am I saying that 5.4 will have Seige of Org. I just thought that 5.3 was going to have SoO in it, and was wondering what you guys thing 5.4 would contain if 5.3 was SoO.

Why does 5.3 have to be another raid? The achievement itself suggests that 5.4 will be the next raid tier. That's why you need to down Ra-den while it's still current content (I.E. before 5.4) to get the achievement (Feat of Strength?)

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 11:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblestikk View Post
    I was going on the fact of keeping expansions Short speaking that Blizz wants to push expansions faster. So I figured they would stick to the way the did it in Cataclysm. However having more patches in the same amount of time keep people excited, so I can see where they're going with the 5.0 Raid, 5.1 no Raid, 5.2 Raid, 5.3 no raid, 5.4 Raid if they really are doing that.

In Cataclysm the patches were further apart and DS lasted 10 months. In MoP they are doing patches more frequently but leaving themselves the room for smaller patches in between raid tiers.

This pretty much confirms that 5.3 will be a patch without a raid, thus confirming what almost everyone believed to be the case anyways.

if they stick to their 18 month cadence, raid tier every 6ish months, then 5.4 will be siege

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any blue confirmed 5.3 as siege. It was pure fan speculation. So the pattern of smaller content in 5.3 then siege or another raid in 5.4, then we see what's up after that.

If they want to do better than Cata then they will keep the SoO until 5.6. I'm putting Wrath as an example cause during Cata they messed up.

5.0 - Starter Raids - 3.0
    5.1 - Lore Patch
    5.2 - First Raid - 3.1 (Ulduar)
    5.3 - Lore Patch
    5.4 - Second Raid - 3.2 (ToC)
    5.5 - Lore Patch
    5.6 - Third Raid - 3.3 (ICC)

So it's not wise to stop at 5.4 cause they will have less raids than Wrath. Don't mention Cata cause Blizz themselves said they fucked up.

5.3 won't contain SoO. Whether 5.4 will, remains to be seen.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Perhaps Blizzard actually lives up to the faster patches so that would mean 5.4 could be another raid and 5.6 would be SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblestikk View Post
    5.4? I thought the Siege of Org was 5.3, and that Garrosh was to be the Last Boss of this expansion?

What do you guys think 5.4 could contain? I'm hoping not another Halion...
    What exactly made you think that Siege would be 5.3?
    1. cata was up to 4.3
    2. wotlk was up to 3.5
    3. TBC was up to 2.4
    4. vanilla was up to 1.12
    Do you see any pattern on which you could predict MoP would be up to 5.3? Cause i don't.
    Last edited by Marahdeka; 2013-02-09 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love what they're doing with content patches in this expansion and hope they keep up the great work in years to come. Content has been sweet, lengthy and they've been delivering well.

We went 12/07/10 to 6/28/10 from the first raid tier to Firelands, or just under 7 months. PTR seems to be finishing raid testing at the end of February which (most likely?) puts 5.2 in March sometime. If we go until the end of March, that'd be only 6 months.

DS then came out 5 months after that. By contrast, I think we might actually not get SoO until 6 months later, but with a decent sized non-raid patch in between. This is to push SoO closer to 6.0 to avoid the 10 months of no new content.

I still think there will be a set of dungeons to come out. I'm expecting 3-5 dungeons (inc Ragefire Chasm Heroic) in 5.3 along with new dailies, maybe a few new scenarios, and that new unannounced feature that GC hinted about, along with the return of ilvl upgrading and another balance pass, followed by SoO in 5.4. But what do I know?
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-02-09 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    Perhaps Blizzard actually lives up to the faster patches so that would mean 5.4 could be another raid and 5.6 would be SoO.
    I'm just saying that if they make 5.4 the SoO they will fail miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    What exactly made you think that Siege would be 5.3?
    1. cata was up to 4.3
    2. wotlk was up to 3.5
    3. TBC was up to 2.4
    4. vanilla was up to 1.12
    Do you see any pattern on which you could predict MoP will be up to 5.3? Cause i don't.
    Just assumed off the Cataclysm model is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If they want to do better than Cata then they will keep the SoO until 5.6. I'm putting Wrath as an example cause during Cata they messed up.

5.0 - Starter Raids - 3.0
    5.1 - Lore Patch
    5.2 - First Raid - 3.1 (Ulduar)
    5.3 - Lore Patch
    5.4 - Second Raid - 3.2 (ToC)
    5.5 - Lore Patch
    5.6 - Third Raid - 3.3 (ICC)

So it's not wise to stop at 5.4 cause they will have less raids than Wrath. Don't mention Cata cause Blizz themselves said they fucked up.
    Hoping for this.

People say "Wrath was four raid tiers" but one of those four was ToC
    I don't mind three raid tiers if it means an additional ToC worth of effort into the third one, because ToC was not a lot of effort

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    We went 12/07/10 to 6/28/10 from the first raid tier to Firelands, or just under 7 months. PTR seems to be finishing raid testing at the end of February which (most likely?) puts 5.2 in March sometime. If we go until the end of March, that'd be only 6 months.

DS then came out 5 months after that. By contrast, I think we might actually not get SoO until 6 months later, but with a decent sized non-raid patch in between. This is to push SoO closer to 6.0 to avoid the 10 months of no new content.
    So what? They'll release SoO in September? Then what? We will wait until September 2014 until the next expansion? Either the SoO is not the last raid or they will simply not release the SoO in the next few patches...