Thread: 5.4? Wait what?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It'd be funny if Siege of Orgrimmar turned out to be a scenario.

Seriously now, maybe there will be 5 man dungeons related to Orgrimmar in 5.4?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    What exactly made you think that Siege would be 5.3?
    1. cata was up to 4.3
    2. wotlk was up to 3.5
    3. TBC was up to 2.4
    4. vanilla was up to 1.12
    Do you see any pattern on which you could predict MoP would be up to 5.3? Cause i don't.
    Wrath actually only ever got up to 3.3.5

We had...

3.0, WOTLK
    3.1, building the Colosseum, plus Ulduar
    3.2, Colosseum
    3.3, Fall of the Lich King
    3.3.5, Ruby Sanctum
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    I really hope 5.4 is the SoO patch, so we can finish this expansion faster and experience a new and better storyline.
    Don't know what you have been playing but this has the best story of any part of WoW ever. It is a lot more than the cliche and hack stuff we have gotten since 2004. It really makes sense that we will another tier before SoO. With the Wrathion audio it seems we are going underneath Pandaira to deal with what the Titans deem so important before moving on to Garrosh. I makes no sense to go there asa daily hub with a scenario or dungeon or two.

Why are people expecting more than 4 Major Patches?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Do you mean 4 Raid patches or 4 patches in total?

I don't consider 5.1 a "major" patch, along with 5.3 since it's basically going to be the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    i think people should think a bit about whether or not SoO will be the end of garrosh.
    imagine if he flees from orgrimmar with who ever is loyal to him to pandaria to seek out the final sha and the corpse of y'sharj to use to "reclaim his right" or what ever.
    that would work to rolling us into the 7th sha.
    SoO was confirmed to be the last content patch of MoP ages ago.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Because the story is lining up that way. Before the 5.2 info came out it would have made sense that we tackled the Thunder King(finishing up the Zandalari stuff). dealing with a bit of Titan and old god stuffs then move on to SoO for 5.4. But since we know who is in the raid and have heard about big things underneath Pandaria, it makes more sense to see another major raid patch prior to SoO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Blizz already said 5.3 would be a lore patch. And after the Q4 sub loss I'm certain 5.4 will be a tier, but not SoO.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 11:25 AM ----------

Not happening. That means Expansion V would already be in alpha and beta would start before Blizzcon.

It'll be out at earliest 8/2014, meaning either another contentless year or a tier between ToT and SoO.
    Umm no. The beta could start in November or December. 3-4 months is enough. My guess is the beta starting in December, and the xpac releasing in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Umm no. The beta could start in November or December. 3-4 months is enough. My guess is the beta starting in December, and the xpac releasing in April.
    I haven't posted my guess for the schedule, but here's mine:

5.3: Early/Late May

All races of each Faction enter the warzone in Pandaria; Sha investation reaches a new height. Garrosh becomes more enticed by the controlling the Sha, and the factions find out the infestation is located beneath the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

5.4: Early/Late July

The factions and the Pandaren go beneath the Vale and find Yshaarj's body, or the 7th Sha. Old God/Sha themed raid, finding out more answers as to the Old Gods and Sha. Garrosh, at the end of the raid, starts experiments on the 7th Sha/Yshaarj. Horde is outraged, rebellion beings to bubble.

5.5: Mid September

The rebellion is officially formed. Garrosh consumes all 6/7 Sha. Does NOT go insane/corrupted; has complete control over the power and abuses it on the Horde AND Alliane alike. Orgrimmar begins to become a twisted visage of a place consumed by the Sha. Alliance and Horde leaders form a brittle truce to overthrow the Mad Warchief.

5.6: Late November/Early December

The Siege of Orgrimmar.

5.7: ???

Could act as the bridge between Mists and the next Expansion; wrap up the final storylines of Mists, and would be another storyline patch like 5.1, 5.3, and 5.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'm just saying that if they make 5.4 the SoO they will fail miserably.
    Yes fail despite MoP having a boss count that makes Wrath and Cata laughable. with another 12+ boss raid finale for 5.4.

Oh yes and lets delay the inevitable argus legion expansion another 6 months because 3 raid tiers is somehow not sufficient in your made up fantasy vision of what the game needs to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Yes fail despite MoP having a boss count that makes Wrath and Cata laughable. with another 12+ boss raid finale for 5.4.

Oh yes and lets delay the inevitable argus legion expansion another 6 months because 3 raid tiers is somehow not sufficient in your made up fantasy vision of what the game needs to be successful.
    Actually he does make a slight point.

If 5.4 is Siege, that means this expansion ends in less than a year.

It'd be out in July or August, and Mists as we know it came out in September of 2012.

If they also make 5.4 another Raid Tier, it'd give Blizzcon the chance to hype the final patch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

It'd be out in July or August, and Mists as we know it came out in September of 2012.

If they also make 5.4 another Raid Tier, it'd give Blizzcon the chance to hype the final patch as well.
    I cannot honestly see them pushing out a new expansion in 1 year. Doesn't really seem like a lot of time to have in the new location.

I doubt they need to hype a patch when they have a wow expansion and SCII protoss expansion to hype up. And potential titan info.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:35 PM ----------

? im confused where do you get the idea "less then a year" if T14 T15 and T16 are all out for 5 months which is a perfect timeline cycle that is 15 months the ideal expansion timeline.

Also everyone needs a reality check ToT will not be out in February. ToT may not even be out in March since SCIII HotS makes it debut and people will want to play that for about a month rather then raid in WoW.

T16 might sit for 6 months or a longer period then the other 2 but that is expected. Rather have a smooth expansion launch then dogshit.

Lets be honest here it's obvious in 5.3 garrosh is gonna find Yasarj's body or some relic of his. Garrosh himself as an endboss is too bland, will he take up the power of the sha and yasarj's corruption tho? likely. Yasarj the true endboss? even more likely.

Shit doesn't need to be 4 patches to tell the story in talk about drawn out.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-09 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    I cannot honestly see them pushing out a new expansion in 1 year. Doesn't really seem like a lot of time to have in the new location.
    If I had to guess, the next Expansion will be out NEXT Holiday season, or by a better, and more logical sense, October.

If my guess for the schedule is correct, Siege would probably be out November or December, after Blizzcon has announced the next expansion and hyped Siege.

It'd be another big boss raid because they stated they're back to the big raid designs for Major Content Patches instead of small, 8 boss ones, so it can hold over content better.

5.7, if it happens, could come out in mid/late summer, when Content is starting to get dry and droll after doing Siege for about 6 months.

That means the expansion could launch in October, in about 10 months of doing Siege along with more content being pushed out between the final Major patch of Mists and the launch of next expansion without the community being up in arms like it was for DS and ICC.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:41 PM ----------

I doubt they need to hype a patch when they have a wow expansion and SCII protoss expansion to hype up. And potential titan info.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:35 PM ----------

? im confused where do you get the idea "less then a year" if T14 T15 and T16 are all out for 5 months which is a perfect timeline cycle that is 15 months the ideal expansion timeline.

T16 might sit for 6 months or a longer period then the other 2 but that is expected. Rather have a smooth expansion launch then dogshit.
    Why're you assuming it'd be dogshit? I don't think you're understanding my point.

Okay. I'm just gonna point this out in a bit more detail.

Mists was launched in September 2012 like I said. The next tier, Throne of Thunder, is probably going to be out by either the end of this month or the first week of March.

Blizzard has said there will be less time between Major Patches, which is why they made their approach with 5.1 and the same with 5.3: bridge the gap between tiers with smaller patches to hold over the content and keep the game fresh.

Even if the next tier is Siege, it'd be out around July, August, or September, or like you said maybe a bit later, but I doubt they'd do that so that Throne of Thunder wouldn't get stale too quickly.

If Siege is 5.4, as I said, the expansion would be less than a year old and it'd be over.

That's NOT a smart business approach.

By doing so, there would be an even larger lul between the next Expansion and this one.

Beta Testing would probably begin Spring of next year, and go into Summer while Siege is going on.

That means by the time the next expansion is out, the content would've been out for over a year, much to the chagrin of the community.

If they did that again; if they did another approach like ICC and DS, they'd hemorrhage subscribers and cause more issues than they had before.

They said they don't want to do that again.

If I had to guess, the next Expansion will be out NEXT Holiday season, or by a better, and more logical sense, October.

If my guess for the schedule is correct, Siege would probably be out November or December, after Blizzcon has announced the next expansion and hyped Siege.

It'd be another big boss raid because they stated they're back to the big raid designs for Major Content Patches instead of small, 8 boss ones, so it can hold over content better.

5.7, if it happens, could come out in mid/late summer, when Content is starting to get dry and droll after doing Siege for about 6 months.

That means the expansion could launch in October, in about 10 months of doing Siege along with more content being pushed out between the final Major patch of Mists and the launch of next expansion without the community being up in arms like it was for DS and ICC.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 08:41 PM ----------

Why're you assuming it'd be dogshit? I don't think you're understanding my point.

Okay. I'm just gonna point this out in a bit more detail.

Mists was launched in September 2012 like I said. The next tier, Throne of Thunder, is probably going to be out by either the end of this month or the first week of March.

Blizzard has said there will be less time between Major Patches, which is why they made their approach with 5.1 and the same with 5.3: bridge the gap between tiers with smaller patches to hold over the content and keep the game fresh.

Even if the next tier is Siege, it'd be out around July, August, or September, or like you said maybe a bit later, but I doubt they'd do that so that Throne of Thunder wouldn't get stale too quickly.

If Siege is 5.4, as I said, the expansion would be less than a year old and it'd be over.

That's NOT a smart business approach.

By doing so, there would be an even larger lul between the next Expansion and this one.

Beta Testing would probably begin Spring of next year, and go into Summer while Siege is going on.

That means by the time the next expansion is out, the content would've been out for over a year, much to the chagrin of the community.

If they did that again; if they did another approach like ICC and DS, they'd hemorrhage subscribers and cause more issues than they had before.

They said they don't want to do that again.
    Stop making me laugh. We are going to be in T14 until End of march / early april. throne will end in october. meaning! omg they can release a patch AFTER and hype up the expansion. New expansion launches in the summer when everyone has freetime to play.

Oh shit just debunked your theory.

Could also mean that 5.4 could be a halion event where they introduce a mini raid to push the story into the next expansion as well, with 5.3 being the siege. Blizzard has gotten to be rather enigmatic as time goes on lol.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Stop making me laugh. We are going to be in T14 until End of march / early april. throne will end in october. meaning! omg they can release a patch AFTER and hype up the expansion. New expansion launches in the summer when everyone has freetime to play.

The testing for bosses with Throne is over, and the final testing is until February 26th where they're simply testing the Phases of the Island development.

It's just a theory, dude. Why do you have such a problem with it.. 0.o Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This pretty much confirms that 5.3 will be a patch without a raid, thus confirming what almost everyone believed to be the case anyways.
    It was confirmed long ago when they stated that 5.3 would be a lore patch and contain no raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    It was confirmed long ago when they stated that 5.3 would be a lore patch and contain no raid.
    I'm more-so curious how the Legendary Questline will play out.

If I'm wrong and 5.4 is Siege, it'd make sense for the Questline to end there, because 3 more patches building toward the Legendary might be a bit much.

Or we could just get the weapon in 5.4/5.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is possible that 5.3 will also contain new 5 man dungeons on top of new daily's

If they keep their ideal plan of 2 months for non raid patches and 4 months for raid patches, then 5.3 is end of March, 5.4 is end of May, 5.3 is end of Sept., 5.4 is end of Oct., 5.5 is end of Dec. early Jan.( be be later due to holidays), 5.6 Aprilish, putting the next Exp out in late summer 2004. A long expansion but filled with content at a faster pace. If you believe we will have 4 raid tiers.

If they keep their ideal plan for 3 tiers then we will have a new expansion this year. They will not have a long last tier drought like in LK and Cata. The saw what it did to players and how it effected subs.