Thread: 5.4? Wait what?

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poizo View Post
    Hmm, I agree 100% with you. I think 5.2 is the expansion's jewel (if they finish testing all missing modes and fights slow and easy) and 5.4 will be 'the end' of the expansion with SoO, there might be some unexpected stuff on the way but Blizzard had the life cycle planned since long ago, something they didn't do properly with WotLK and Cataclysm.
    If 5.4 is Siege I hope there's a Lore patch after to link this expansion to the next.

IF the next expansion is Burning Legion themed, it'd be nice to really tie up some loose ends and show just what we'll be doing against the Burning Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen some good estimates, like Volbian made a pretty good one. The thing is, some you are forgetting that 5.3 wont come out 6 months after 5.2 is in progress. 5.3 is to break the staleness and keep the game/story moveing/fresh, similar to how 5.1 came out literally 2 months after Tier 14 started. So that means 5.3 is closer than the estimate that some of you are stateing.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    If 5.4 is Siege I hope there's a Lore patch after to link this expansion to the next.

IF the next expansion is Burning Legion themed, it'd be nice to really tie up some loose ends and show just what we'll be doing against the Burning Legion.
    With the new mini patch cycle they should make it a staple to do that and I fully expect them the leverage that. With a world boss or anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    With the new mini patch cycle they should make it a staple to do that and I fully expect them the leverage that. With a world boss or anything.
    It seemed like they were always eager to bring something like Kazzak back. I was a total noob back then but I really liked the idea of this big demon showing up at everyones capital.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I have seen some good estimates, like Volbian made a pretty good one. The thing is, some you are forgetting that 5.3 wont come out 6 months after 5.2 is in progress. 5.3 is to break the staleness and keep the game/story moveing/fresh, similar to how 5.1 came out literally 2 months after Tier 14 started. So that means 5.3 is closer than the estimate that some of you are stateing.
    I suggested Throne launches Late march / early april and 5.3 mini patch 3 months later in June. 5.3 brings back +VP upgrades to nudge players along since VP vendors will be stale after 3 months and people will have nothing to use VP on. That and it makes players play more during deadtimes late tier when they otherwise would play minimally because cmon. if you offer upgrades from 5 mans/lfr the players will go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    It seemed like they were always eager to bring something like Kazzak back. I was a total noob back then but I really liked the idea of this big demon showing up at everyones capital.
    He didnt actually showed up in the capitals, people kited him :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    He didnt actually showed up in the capitals, people kited him :P
    No Highlord Kruul was outside capitals tho. The TBC transition event Kazzak clone boss.

I doubt we get nothing short of an epic expansion transition after how poor the Cata-MoP transition / no event / scenario was recieved.

There's 'always' an expansion pre-patch which usually includes fading into what's coming next. I honestly don't know where I got the idea that this war would span through MoP and the next expansion, might be some silly idea that got into my brain :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you confirm that with a blue post, then? Or some credible evidence?

I'm serious. Sorry if I'm coming off as rude. I don't really care if it's a 3 or 4 tier expansion but I at least want some evidence as to how this wont' be a 4 tier expansion.

If Mists is short, that's fine. I'm kinda looking forward to next Expansion anyways.

If Mists is 4 tiers, that's fine too.

Just give me some evidence as to why it's 3 tiers instead of yelling at me "NOPE YOU'RE WRONG".

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 09:48 PM ----------

What do you mean?
    It has 5 levels like cata and cata had 3 tiers.
    ilvl would go to nearly or over 600 with 4.
    SoO coming out in november would put the next expansion at about june which is what they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Highlord Kruul was outside capitals tho. The TBC transition event Kazzak clone boss.

I doubt we get nothing short of an epic expansion transition after how poor the Cata-MoP transition / no event / scenario was recieved.
    Oh yeah Krul was outside, thats right, Kazzak was the kited boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Poizo View Post
    There's 'always' an expansion pre-patch which usually includes fading into what's coming next. I honestly don't know where I got the idea that this war would span through MoP and the next expansion, might be some silly idea that got into my brain :P
    I wouldn't say "always" the cata-mop had nothing but a horrible scenario that explains nothing and players woulda rather been without.

I think it's important to note that while Blizzard has a schedule it works with, it is a very flexible one based on many variables that include:

- Development needs
    - Testing results
    - Community feedback
    - Investor feedback
    - Holiday schedule

etc etc etc.

Personally, I'm not interested in the siege or how MoP is going to play out but instead am curious about what is left for the Warcraft universe to milk. There are a number of topics that have been left wide open, and really, the Caverns of Time can leave any one of the previously-encountered plots without resolution. Yes, we'll probably see the Legion, the Titans, the Emerald Dream, etc. But the question is "what else can be the focus of an expansion?" To me, that's the most important thing to consider.
    Last edited by Jagoex; 2013-02-09 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    It has 5 levels like cata and cata had 3 tiers.
    ilvl would go to nearly or over 600 with 4.
    SoO coming out in november would put the next expansion at about june which is what they want.
    iLevel inflation and kind of following the Cata model is what I'd expect to be honest otherwise.

If there's 4 tiers it'll be nice, because I'm pining for an Old God raid.

If not, ah well, Siege will hopefully be a very epic raid.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 10:09 PM ----------

I wouldn't say "always" the cata-mop had nothing but a horrible scenario that explains nothing and players woulda rather been without.
    I had such high hopes for Theramore's Fall too .

Quote Originally Posted by Jagoex View Post
    I think it's important to note that while Blizzard has a schedule it works with, it is a very flexible one based on many variables that include:

- Development needs
    - Testing results
    - Community feedback
    - Investor feedback
    - Holiday schedule

etc etc etc.

Personally, I'm not interested in the siege or how MoP is going to play out but instead am curious about what is left for the Warcraft universe to milk. There are a number of topics that have been left wide open, and really, the Caverns of Time can leave any one of the previously-encountered plots without resolution. Yes, we'll probably see the Legion, the Titans, the Emerald Dream, etc. But the question is "what else can be the focus of an expansion?" To me, that's the most important thing to consider.
    Only other viable expansion themes IMO are 3 things.

Azshara and N'zoth
    The assault on Argus and destructioni of Kil'jaeden
    Sargeras and the Titan's

And then of course ~ On the spot made up lore expansion like ... MoP
    Give them credit tho MoP so far is a huge success. Touches on the Old God cornerstone and gives us real Villans and depth. The things we learn about Lei Shin, The Titan Ra-den, the Origins of the mogu and their purpose to fight against yassarj the old god. All these things make a great story.

Also Don't kid yourself about "the Emerald dream expansion" that is more or less the N'zoth expansion if and when we fight him and the raid would be the nightmare city.

Honestly tho? I could see a Legion expansion next. Cata + MoP sha is too much old god. It's demon time again and Wrathion hints at this. Plus if an Argus expansion against the legion strongholds doesn't bulk up subs back to 10million strong what else will? You imagine the up roar and fist pumping acting if they announce this as the expansion for 2013 blizzcon?

Demon hunter COULD easily be a ranged option after diablo3 and goddamn I'm sure we all know someone other then hunters needs to start using guns at this point. Prolly won't get a new class tho but well. That's my prediction if that happens.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-09 at 10:17 PM.

Only other viable expansion themes IMO are 3 things.

Azshara and N'zoth
    The assault on Argus and destructioni of Kil'jaeden
    Sargeras and the Titan's

And then of course ~ On the spot made up lore expansion like ... MoP
    Give them credit tho MoP so far is a huge success. Touches on the Old God cornerstone and gives us real Villans and depth. The things we learn about Lei Shin, The Titan Ra-den, the Origins of the mogu and their purpose to fight against yassarj the old god. All these things make a great story.

Also Don't kid yourself about "the Emerald dream expansion" that is more or less the N'zoth expansion if and when we fight him and the raid would be the nightmare city.
    From a business perspective, a Burning Legion themed Expansion next Xpack would make sense.

After a controversial expansion like Mists, heading to an expansion themed after something nearly the entire playerbase loves make sens.e

And if it's a Burning Legion expansion, we'd probably just be killing Kil Jaeden at the end.

I HIGHLY doubt we'll be fighting Sargeras.

Otherwise, my idea for an Azshara and Nzoth expansion is in my sig, which I'm also highly in favor for.

5.3 will be like 5.1, no new raid, but probably some content (dailies) to push the story along, and most likely the next part of the legendary quest

From a business perspective, a Burning Legion themed Expansion next Xpack would make sense.

After a controversial expansion like Mists, heading to an expansion themed after something nearly the entire playerbase loves make sens.e

And if it's a Burning Legion expansion, we'd probably just be killing Kil Jaeden at the end.

Otherwise, my idea for an Azshara and Nzoth expansion is in my sig, which I'm also highly in favor for.
    Agreed on all counts with the two of you -- a Legion expansion would bring me back for sure. As for the moment, I'm waiting for MoP to pass and like I said, am highly interested in what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    Perhaps Blizzard actually lives up to the faster patches so that would mean 5.4 could be another raid and 5.6 would be SoO.
    not going to happen..

The legions true defeat and destruction of Kil'jaeden would cripple them. And bring the draenei's internal betrayal to a climax.

Maybe we will see Mal'Ganis once again? Could easily be an end-raidzone villan. Or perhaps Tichondrius Kil'jaeden's right hand could make a return. Since dreadlords have a hard time staying dead apparently.

Then of course the much anticipated news of what happened to Alleria and Turylon when the Dark Portal closed so long ago.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-09 at 10:40 PM.

Here's my analysis of the situation.

We know from the leaked product slate a few years back that Blizzard wants to push out an expansion every 18 months. They haven't hit it yet, but since MoP was released roughly 20.5 months after Cataclysm we know they are on the right track. Since MoP was released in September of 2012, that makes a Q2 2014 release for expansion 5 reasonably plausible.

Given Blizzard's planned PTR testing, Patch 5.2 (the first new raid tier of MoP) will be released no earlier then February 26th, or about 6 months after MoP's launch.

Assuming it takes a similar length of time for Blizzard to make and release the next raid tier, then it will be released late July/early August 2013.

6 months after that however is getting into late Q1 2014, much too close to the potential Q2 release of expansion 5. Especially when you consider the fact serious raiding is pretty much dead in the month leading up to an expansion, that would give a hypothetical 5.6 release of the Siege of Orgrimmar only a month or two of relevant play.

Still, it's a pretty big jump from a final raid in Q3 2013 to an expansion launch in Q2 2014. Not as long as we've had in the past, but still a not insignificant amount of time that could simply be ignored. I'd say the best option is to have the Siege of Orgrimmar be in 5.4, but then have another non-raid patch between it and the next expansion that's more tied to expansion 5's story then it is to MoP's.

Now in order to come to this I had to make a lot of assumptions, and there are scenarios where a 4th MoP raid tier is possible (such as if it only takes Blizzard 4 months to release 5.4 rather then 6), but in the here and now it's the best guess I got.
    Last edited by Falrinn; 2013-02-09 at 11:12 PM.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.