The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Dps advice / help for a disabled player

Hello MMO-Champ hunters!

Been wondering if there are any ideas / tips or tricks some of you lovely folks might have to help improve my dps for my 10m group, as a BM hunter. First off though, a little background on my play-style or ability. I have a disability, that basically forces me to do everything with my left hand, and that hand is very small and has limited finger reach / joint issues. Basically, I use the macro (posted below) for most of my single target DPS needs while raiding. I activate CD's not in the macro with easy to reach keybinds but am limited in the # I can utilize for those. 2-3 being the max currently. I've tried using multi-button mice / gamepad stuff, and my hands too small to reach things that I need to get to, in order for those to work as effectively as what I use now.

My main question is on order of abilities, suggestions to help balance cooldown useage etc. Our guild is very casual, and our progression in 10m is currently 4/6 MogV and 1/6 HoFear. We've made a few attempts each on Bladelord Tay'ak and Elegon.

~Macro~

/startattack
    /petattack
    /castsequence reset=target/3 Serpent Sting,null
    /castsequence reset=5 Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot,Kill Command,Glaive Toss,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Dire Beast
    /cast Blink Strike
    /cast [combat]Bestial Wrath
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I activate Rapid Fire, Stampede and Readiness based on Bloodlust use, time of fight and trinket procs etc. This is also the first expansion where I've raided with my hunter as my main, as the guild needed the class for our group, more than my resto / bear druid that I've been playing for 7.5yrs. I am not looking to get flamed for being 'bad' as I know I am not 'top of the line' but I do pretty well on average, just looking to bump things up if possible in a way I'm able to handle.

Here are some WoLogs from recent fights I've contributed too, as a sample of my dps and my Armory:

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elurnah/simple

Stoneguard- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=1106&e=1420
    Feng- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=1837&e=2259
    Gara'jal- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=2909&e=3257
    Spirit Kings- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=7186&e=7674
    Vizier Zorlok- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...=10725&e=11262
    Bladelord Tay'ak attempt- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=7223&e=7636
    Elegon attempt- http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...?s=7491&e=7956
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Minaah; 2013-02-09 at 07:23 PM.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Deleted
    Hi Melurnah,
    I'm not that good in macros and use just few simple ones myself. Checked few your logs and saw that you are doing pretty good. Things you can improve on are revised geming and professions. For geming I recomend use of agility gems unless socket bonus is very good. Avoid gems like hit+ expertise or expertise +stamina. Use pure agility or agility+crit(mastery for bm) in yellow sockets if bonus is worth it, like your current shoulders, agi+hit in blue. You can cap your hit and expertise from reforging, so by geming you want to get as much agility as you can. Other thing is professions. Inscription is ok, but herbarism is not considered as "raiding profession". You want to gain main stats from professions and haste buff is far behind most of professions. You have lots of alts so I recomend you level herbarism on one of them for farming matters if you find you need it, but for main choose profession with main stats increasing profession: enchanting, blacksmith, jewelcrafting etc. Best raid dmg boost you will get from engineering since you can macro your synaps strings into your rotation and get more dmg overall increase. Like macroing strings to line them up with your BW etc. English is not my native language, so please dont't judge my gramar skillls. Hope this will you help You and good luck in raids.

Deleted
    Would use a Murder of Crows for most fights, especially for fights like feng etc. And I see you using stampede glyph in your BM specc dont do it. If your current pet have Rabid on CD and you use stampede all copies wont use Rabid wich gonna be a huge dps loss from stampede.

And as Aceventura said dont gem pure crit.
    Last edited by mmocae04402ac8; 2013-02-09 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    yes agree to what Revrev sad, even more- if your raid setup lacks of any sort of buff or debuff on boss your stand by pets can bring them for limited time during the stampede

Quote Originally Posted by Revrev View Post
    And I see you using stampede glyph in your BM specc dont do it. If your current pet have Rabid on CD and you use stampede all copies wont use Rabid wich gonna be a huge dps loss from stampede.
    This is no longer true. Even if your main pet has Rabid on cd, the Stampede pets will use it even if you have the Stampede glyph.

Unfortunately I can't offer any help as I'm not a very macro oriented person, however have you looked at any custom made mice? I've seen a few out there for people who have various conditions and they can be tailor made to almost any extent.

Ill try and dig up the link for it.

Anyway, Great job, I like the positivity!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    This is no longer true. Even if your main pet has Rabid on cd, the Stampede pets will use it even if you have the Stampede glyph.

Ah this is actually true. Nevermind stampede glyph then if your raid doesnt lack more then 1 buff. Not sure when they fixed this tho

Not sure if you're able to use your feet. Was talking with a guildy about a keybind/modifier key type thing like a piano has where you can tap the pedals with your feet. Not sure if this is a thing, if not guess I should sell razer my idea.

Two minor changes to your macro:

First, it should never be casting Blink Strike, since Blink Strike uses the GCD and so does the entire main castsequence. I'm not sure how you manage to get Blink Strikes off in your logs, if this is the exact macro you're using, since as far as I can tell, it would never let you use it..

Secondly, you should probably have it cast Bestial Wrath before the main castsequence, since then it can reduce the cost of your first Kill Command and increase its damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    All in one macros are so cheap...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldreno View Post
    Did you even read his post explaining why he uses it?

Helm - Glinting Gem
    Shoulders - Deadly Gem
    Chest - Delicate and Deadly Gem

Everything else just pure agi gems.

Also your reforges are off, consider downloading reforgelite and change the stat weights so that it's crit > mastery > haste.

*you can use wowreforge if you want to manually put in your item upgrades and change the stats on them.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-02-09 at 11:50 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ty folks so far for the advice. Am well aware that my proff combo isn't ideal for 'top end' raiding, but we aren't doing that. If I ever move to a harder-core group, I'll fix those. I've been playing for 8+yrs, pretty much since launch and used to be in top horde guild on our server as my healer druid and usual main. The blink strike works just fine, in the current macro posted in my OP, I see it go off pretty much on CD. I got new stuff recently and didn't reconfigure all the gems yet to rebalance things out. Ty for the comments and suggestions however. Glad to know I'm at least not sucking completely.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Why don't you try Survival instead of Beast Mastery? Hitting stuff on CD yields much better results there.

Due to the proc-based nature of Lock and Load and Explosive Shot, you couldn't macro it in as a castsequence since it isn't a strict "rotation". Not like any class really has rotations anymore (they're all basically priority systems), but if there's no randomness involved, you would have a pretty consistent "rotation"...

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldreno View Post
    Stop being ignorant and try to actually read the post

I would recommend a special gaming device such as this: http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...azer-orbweaver

Also hunters are probably the class with the most binds maybe you should try something like a mage which has way less amounts of buttons you need to push.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    Due to the proc-based nature of Lock and Load and Explosive Shot, you couldn't macro it in as a castsequence since it isn't a strict "rotation". Not like any class really has rotations anymore (they're all basically priority systems), but if there's no randomness involved, you would have a pretty consistent "rotation"...
    Right, I didn't factor in the reactivity needed, my bad. Honestly though, you can just click on everything and do fine.

i'm with gulder on this one actually.. I started out this game clicking and even back then ranked consistently.. I forced my way out of it now cuz well binds just push over that min/max limit. But honestly, if you macro'd some of your cd's and just clicked the other abilities you will most likely do even better than you are now since you'd be able to think and choose your next ability according to the situation. Just set up your action bar (or get an addon) where your main abilities are around each other. Not in a straight row like 1-7 etc.. but on top of each other in a clump. And as far as singular abilities go, as long as you can reach the next ability before the gcd is over, you're doing as well as a keybinder. The only hunter in the world who has solo'd ragnaros is a clicker as well, to give you an idea.. I think his video is here on the forum somewhere..

But this is all considering you have, even if minimal, some ability in your right hand. You didn't mention anything about it. I know you mentioned you've tried using multi button mice, like naga etc, and those would require a bit of effort to reach i can imagine. But if you click, all you need to access are the top buttons on the mouse with which you can click any and all abilities you have and then simply just move with your keyboard..

This is obviously not the best route for the game per se but i believe it will be the most efficient method for your situation. If it is not possible then ignore me.

And pertaining to hunters, you really should use AMoC instead of blink strike. The focus cost might offset the macro but if you can click, then it won't matter. Otherwise, even lynx rush would be much better than blink strike. And I dunnu if you already are but, pop everything in the beginning. Most fights usually last longer than 5 mins. So you can use stampede readiness twice. Pop a pre pot stampede BW/RF and your rotation macro (preferably with no cobra shots during BW), then readiness and same thing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ty for the thoughts and the idea of trying Surv over BM. I've done that, and for a few reasons, Surv is harder for me to play, plus I am far more comfortable with BM overall, as I've played it for loads longer. In regards to movement, I am able to use arrow keys w/right hand, and also do Control / shift etc, for keybinds tied to cooldowns etc. I already have key things outside the macro to hit on an as needed basis. I'm easily able to get into the 100k + range dps wise in LFR, just seems to drop a bit, fight depending of course, in our 10man. Don't think we're missing any major buffs / debuffs to the mobs either, we're pretty careful to be sure all the impt ones are covered.

Ty for all the good advice folks and I'll be tweaking the macro / re-arranging CD binds a bit to see if it makes a difference. Also, I tried AMoC and found it clumsy, and Lynx seemed at least for me to be a dps loss. I'll play w/AMoC a bit more next raid and see if I was just using it at a bad time or something odd.