15+ Year Old Account
    Well read the manga, and then watch the fights that interest you As most of them are watchable up until semi recent in the manga.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha yeah maybe, just youtube "X vs Y fight Naruto" and watch the good bits, for the rest Manga FTW.

So am I the only one that wanted to live in SAO then?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'd rather live in Alfheim. I dont care what you say, i wanna fly. More specifically, the alfheim with Aincrad in it (right at the end of the series).. now that would be BADASS

meh i would prefer to live in the .hack gu universe
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Mordin, your signature, amagawd your signature.. that takes me back, speaking of living in fantasy worlds, I'd rather live in the ME universe.. post ME3 ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    I'd rather live in Alfheim. I dont care what you say, i wanna fly. More specifically, the alfheim with Aincrad in it (right at the end of the series).. now that would be BADASS
    well yeah, obviously Alf+Aincrad would be the best , but if I HAD to pick one of the two games, back when they were seperate entities, SAO would win, I didn't like the overly PvP nature of ALO + fairies are llaammee

anyway this thread has gone just a lliittttllee OT, My fault, so now I'm fixing it...

How awesome is Bleach? I would totally be a Shinigami if I could, I'd have 2 Zanpaktou like my main man Shunsui, they'd be called "Eclipse" and would have two forms, the offensive form "Solar", where both swords set on fire and I can shoot lasers of sunlight to blind/distract people and the defensive "Lunar", where the swords would go totally black, and I could control shadows and make shields out of them. Bankai would be "Total Eclipse" and would have the powers of both forms plus I'd look like a boss in black Samurai armor with the glowing swords from Solar .

There we go, back on topic

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

i actualy have a captain costume for cosplay :P kinda wish i had the kenpachi hair though

10+ Year Old Account
    If i was in Bleach id have as my zanpatou a lance and a shield im european not japanese!! so im fighting that way to. Wearing knight armor with a cape ( couse capes are basass)

The shield would absorb attacks and add that power to the lance making the strikes extra powerfull breaking anny block.
    In bankai i'd get a armored horse to ride becoming way faster and making the strikes that more powerfull with the extra velocity behind themm.
    Jousting like a boss.
    Last edited by Reluctant; 2013-02-07 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    How awesome is Bleach? I would totally be a Shinigami if I could, I'd have 2 Zanpaktou like my main man Shunsui, they'd be called "Eclipse" and would have two forms, the offensive form "Solar", where both swords set on fire and I can shoot lasers of sunlight to blind/distract people and the defensive "Lunar", where the swords would go totally black, and I could control shadows and make shields out of them. Bankai would be "Total Eclipse" and would have the powers of both forms plus I'd look like a boss in black Samurai armor with the glowing swords from Solar .
    Talk about a creative imagination, but i can one up you in that front, here goes;

The Zanpakutou is different than most in the way it works; it amplifies the user's reiatsu. The Shikai release is called Augment (you'll understand why in a bit). It works on the same level as Aizen's Zanpakutou; As in it grant's you enough power to break the shell of Shinigami powers. How it does that, well that's where Augment comes in, the zanpakutou is more than anything, a full body weapon, it affects the user fully (so does every other zanpakutou, it just isn't obvious, normally it just comes with an increase in reiatsu). Anyway, the power to Augment lies with being able to inject zanpakutou specific kidou type abilities into the user's muscles and nerves.

As we all know, Kidou is a branch of being able to use reiatsu, to make it more efficient in what you want it to do. In the same way, the kidou spells from the zanpakutou Augment Physical strength and speed to exceptional levels with little relative reiatsu cost. (As you can guess, someone with peak Shinigami Reiatsu using all of it, would have god like physical strength).

The weapon itself is a dual chainlinked Halberd (or a glaive). (That is to say, both sides of the weapon feature a blade, and the center is a section that changes into a chain of varying length when called for). If you can picture that correctly, that means the blade on one hand can be a type of double-edged spear (like Houzikimaru, except two blades), or it can be a dual wield sword set that wraps the chain around both arms and the back (to maintain a link) looking a lot like Kratos' Blades of Chaos. In that respect, both versions of the weapon (spear + dual wield) can extend and it emphasizes the Augment nature of the zanpakutou. Since Augment boosts only physical ability, strength, and speed, the zanpakutou itself has a retardedly high skill cap and varied usability.

Now the fun part, Bankai; The Bankai release is called Atmospheric Augment. Its root lies with a Quincy ability that we've seen Ishida use. Remember when he fought Mayuri for the first time, and he gained unbelievable power, and was able to ABSORB the spirit particles around him (he also mentions that Quincy do this anyway, because he was stronger in Hueco Mundo because of the spirit particle density)? Anyway, the Bankai goes into that territory, and starts to absorb spirit particles from around the user (not to the crazy extent as with Ishida vs Mayuri) but its a pretty awesome release. These extra spirit particles register as extra reiatsu and so it Augments the physical prowess even further, and thus is called Atmospheric Augment.

The bankai changes the looks of the weapon as well. Imagine Apolyon from Sunwell, except that blade bit at the end where it looks like two different blades glued together, yea thats what EACh end of the zanpakutou look like now. How is this different? Well the zanpakutou as we know it is pretty versatile, so that's what increases. Since each side of the weapon looks like Aplyon, in reality, if you split all blades up you'd have 4 identical looking swords. Now here's the fun part, the zanpakutou still only has one 2h version of it self, but it gains some epic one hand versions. I'll list them all out;

Dual apolyon that are chainlinked through the arms and back. (Just like the Shikai)
    The blades on each hand split, and look like a 2 finger claw (on each hand). This becomes a dual fist weapon.
    Finally, Both "apolyons" split and now you have 4 blades (or claws) instead of giving two to each hand like above, you put all of the on one hand, giving you a trully destructive single point power. (This can sort of be classified as 2h since your other hand does have anything)

I wanted to emphasize the physical aspect of the Zanpakutou since its entire existence is built around Physical augmentation, and skill. Remember, the chain still exists, so you can still have huge ranged attacks.

Also, the claw versions of the bankai (fist wep and the single point version) can also be grapple weapons, instead of being a 2 finger claw, if you have both blades on opposite sides of a fist, and you launch into the distance, it will act as a grapple. Same with the 4 finger claw (single point) but its much stronger, its a 4 pronged grapple, so you can launch it and it can go to the 4 corners of a giant (like non-resurrecion yami for example) and bring him down.

In this regard, the Zanpakutou, and concurrently, its user, have a major drawback, they cannot use ANY kidou abilities other than the ones from the zanpakutou augmenting his abilities.

Oh and finally, the Zanpakutou's name is Keshin (Means incarnation, in Japanese). Because it has so many forms, i wanted to give it a name that had something to do with birth or death.

This is quite fun ^^
    Last edited by Zonex; 2013-02-07 at 10:24 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    If i was in Bleach id have as my zanpatou a lance and a shield im european not japanese!! so im fighting that way to. Wearing knight armor with a cape ( couse capes are basass)

The shield would absorb attacks and add that power to the lance making the strikes extra powerfull breaking anny block.
    In bankai i'd get a armored horse to ride becoming way faster and making the strikes that more powerfull with the extra velocity behind themm.
    Jousting like a boss.
    Doesn't Nel have a released form similar to that? Except she doesn't have a shield..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    i actualy have a captain costume for cosplay :P kinda wish i had the kenpachi hair though
    Hahah awesome, any specific captain, or just a generic captain style Haori/kimono? do you have a sword with it

Talk about a creative imagination, but i can one up you in that front, here goes
    Can't tell if Sarcasm .... Tbh either way I came up with that idea on the spot, in an effort to steer the thread back into a more bleachy direction I'll be back tomorrow with the final version (I decided to keep Eclipse... I've grown rather fond of it!).

Your idea is fucking awesome though kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post

Jousting like a boss.
    Nice idea lance + shield = EPIC win, true story. It's quite similiar to Neliel's Gamuza, which is cool, because I loved that release

MORNING UPDATE:
    Okay so I now have my REAL Zanpaktou

Name:Eclipse
    Description: in it's sealed state, Eclipse is two normal looking Zanpaktou, the guard looks like an overly stylized sun on one sword and a moon on the other.

Shikai: Lunar/Solar Eclipse.
    my Shikai is a two stage/form Shikai, firstly, the offensive based "Solar Eclipse"

Description: In Solar Eclipse, the two sword extend slightly (around 4 foot, just the blades) and the blades glow with a bright light, both swords have the stylized sun from the sealed state as the guard now. A vague gold "halo" floats just behind and slightly above my head
    Powers: In Solar Eclipse I have greatly increased attacking power and speed, at the cost of reduced defense and Hierro, in addition I gain the ability Kamihikari (Divine Light), where my blades becomes constucted completely of light, in this form they can niether BE blocked, or be used TO block, so I have to either take the hit, or attempt dodge it. While in this state, when I strike an enemy the blade passes right through them, leaving a slight white line, where the blade passed through. At any point (and in any state) I can use the command "Eclipse SHINE" to ignite the marks, causing them to burst with sunlight, causing redonkulous damage. The strengths of this form are vast damage and an unblockable attack, the weaknesses and lowered defenses and inability to block.

The second stage of my Shikai is the defensive based "Lunar" Eclipse.

Description: In Lunar Eclipse, the swords also extend, as in solar, but the blades are now solid black with a silver guard, like the stylized moon of the sealed state. In this state I'm surrounded by a flickering shadows and whenever I slash my blades a brief trail of shadows follows them.
    Powers: Lunar Eclipse is, funnily enough, the opposite of Solar, I have greatly increased defenses and hierro, in exchange for lowered attacking power and speed, in addition I gain the ability "Akuma no Kage" (Shadow of the Devil) which allows me to manipulate and control shadows, the most common use being to solidify the shadow trail from my blade, to use as a shield. Other uses include things like using the shadow of an enemies sword to block their own strike or using the enemies shadow to hold their feet in place, allowing me to escape, or catch them. The strength of this form is it's insane defense, allowing me to take hits that should have killed me, and to avoid/block many other hits, the weakness is while no one can kill me, I can't kill anyone else either .

BANKAI: Total Eclipse.
    Description: In Bankai I look like a fucking boss.... Seriously though, I gain Samurai looking armor, made out of shadows, not totally black, more like... the sky on a really dark night, swirls of black, dark blue, purple etc. My blades extend again, now about 5/6 feet long (just the blades) and the glow from before is even stronger, almost Lightsabre like, the guard look like a mix between the sun and moon from the Shikai states. In addition I now have a large version of the same symbol floating behind and slightly above my head, where the halo was in Solar Eclipse.

Powers: Total Eclipse grants me the benefits of Solar and Lunar eclipse at the same time, removing the weakness of the shikai forms. In addition, each form gains a new ability.
    Solar - Yaketsuku yōna hikari (Searing Light): a thin beam extends from the top of my sword, if I move the blade the beam moves with it, any anything it passes through is marked with the Kamihikari and can be detonated in just the same way.
    Lunar - Kagemusha (Shadow Warrior): When in Bankai form I can summon up to three "Kagemusha" perfect shadow clones of myself, that move and act just as I do. They cannot interact in any way with the real world and if struck they will vanish, they're primarily meant as a tool for defense/distraction (they're identicle to me in every way, so the enemy wont know which is the real me) and at any point I can swap places with any of the other Kagemusha.

The main strength of my Bankai is obvious, it's fucking OP, sky high offense and defense. The Weakness is twofold. Firstly, if the armor is totally broken, I'm knocked out of Bankai and can't resume it for a short time. Secondly, maintaining both states is VERY taxing and I can only keep it up for a short time (I'm a relatively young Shinigami, I'll be able to keep it up longer as I get older... that sounds SO wrong....).
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2013-02-08 at 02:47 PM.

Nah no sarcasm, you genuinely got me excited, and yea i thought of Keshin on the spot as well sorta..

Your zanpakutou thugh, it sounds pretty badass, im assuming you cant keep up your Bankai for a long time, it gives you god like power, but in short bursts, pretty neat

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah no sarcasm, you genuinely got me excited, and yea i thought of Keshin on the spot as well sorta..

Your zanpakutou thugh, it sounds pretty badass, im assuming you cant keep up your Bankai for a long time, it gives you god like power, but in short bursts, pretty neat
    haha fair enough, on the internet when anyone says anything nice, I usually assume it's sarcasm

Yeah I was rather happy with how it turned out, after I'd put a bit of polish on it.

The bankai is VERY short term, think about 1/2 the time of old school Hitsugaya's Bankai. The way I see it, as a Shinigami I'll be spending most of my time in Shikai, bouncing back and forth between Solar and Lunar as the situation calls for, then when I'm in real trouble, or someone has just REALLY pissed me off, I drop Bankai, 10 seconds of total godhood, then I can't use it again for a while.

IIRC the Kenpachi before Zaraki had a Bankai which was basically a tactical nuke, but he could only use it like once a month or something, that was kinda the vibe I was going for, SUPER powerful, but with a long "cooldown". Maybe after a couple of centuries I might be able to sustain it long term, but for now I'm happy with my short burst godhood

Deleted
    Well we finaly saw Unohana's bankai...if you can really say that since the fight looks like it just ended without giving us to much to look at. MEH! disappointed.

from what i gathered didnt it use/sinch up with the blood around her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wierd chapter, didnt like it one bit.

She finaly uses bankai only to let herself be killed after. Unless her bankai will heal/ressurect her from that sword true her chest next time.
    If by the 1 in a million chance Kubo doesn't fodderise unohana and lets zaraki win i hope she shows her true power and kills him.

This entire fight is a disapointing afair, having a captain wo we all expected somuch from beign a training dummy to someone wo ( in my opinion ) should have been killed off already.

Rant starting:
    Zaraki was written as a giant weakling for a captain at first and yust been getting random powerboosts ever since, he lost to regular wounded ichigo using only shikai while having taken of his eyepatch. His fights are always the same and boring beign able to do nothing but brute power true everything.

He is teribly bland having no personality and the only thing beign interesting ( his connection to little yachiru ) isn't touchd upon.

Rant end.

Zaraki surpressed his powers and everytime he lost (like with Ichigo) he got a part of it back getting stronger because of that. It's lame how they make him like this all of the sudden, but that's how it goes i guess.

But yeah, wtfh is her bankai now? Like, what did i just see? I have NO fucking clue... They both died, so they can fight on forever? Did it do something with the blood? Is it a self ressurecting bankai?
    I guess her sword was covered in blood, but who's blood? Her blood? Zaraki's? Slain enemy's?

This whole episode seems, rushed or something... It makes no sense at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Very wierd.... much like Y'all I'm not sure how I feel about this episode.. I think Kubo san was taking some very strong Cold Medcine when he wrote it.

I get the feeling Unohana's Bankai was a self rez, maybe it absorbs all the blood she's spilled over her time and uses it to heal herself. Then again the chapter finished "Farewell" so maybe I'm wrong .

btw I agree with you 100% Reluctant, I always liked the rivalry between Zaraki and Byakuya, but always though Byakuya was by FAR the better/stronger character. He has an ACTUAL story, not just "I must be teh stungest lulz" and his Zanpaktou is boss . But sadly now it seems the Fanboys won out and (even though Unohana let him land that last blow) Zaraki is basically the best fighter in the series now.... epic fail.

I still think Shunsui would kick his ass though

I honestly didn't get her bankai. It didn't feel like much happened lol.

But I gotta say, that Kenpachi that was half bones looked pretty awesome lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    She said "farewell" at the end, in Unohana speech, that is a serious goodbye lol I think Kubo wants to kill her off though.
    I don't know, Byakuya did something similar that made a lot of people assume he had died, and yet he ended up surviving.