Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I feel like the police need to get back to the community more. Probably have less of these encounters if they got more familiar with the people they are serving.
    Yes! I agree with this. This is a common problem with modern day Police. Where once they relied completely on a strong relationship with the public they now rely far too heavily on technology. Often times Police are positioned in Communities where they have no knowledge of the public or minorities that exist within said communities. It fosters a strong "Us versus Them" mentality. If Police went back to the strong public relations they once had I think we'd see far less of this "Bad Cop" behaviour.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    It's possible to criticize police officers without thinking that they are all evil.
    Then I'd be glad to see people do that. All I've seen here is that this is called harassment by someone asking and searching a woman in the freaking San Bernadino County which is hunting for a murderer. Yeah, critics is alright but this is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Jakken View Post
    Yes! I agree with this. This is a common problem with modern day Police. Where once they relied completely on a strong relationship with the public they now rely far too heavily on technology. Often times Police are positioned in Communities where they have no knowledge of the public or minorities that exist within said communities. It fosters a strong "Us versus Them" mentality. If Police went back to the strong public relations they once had I think we'd see far less of this "Bad Cop" behaviour.
    How is this "Bad Cop" behavior? He is doing his job. Woman in the middle of a desert with a camera + manhunt for Christopher Dorner = suspicious activity. I don't get how it's so hard for some of you to understand that.
    And this woman, who lives in the San Bernadino area.. Like she didn't have an idea of why the officer stopped her, with her camera, in the middle of the desert, in the same area as Christopher Dorner, while she is "picking up rocks".
    And hm, I wonder who uploaded the video and titled it, possibly the foolish woman rolling around the desert with a camera? This isn't even harrassment. I've been pulled over because I've looked like someone else (a suspect) before. You didn't see me recording it and posting it online calling it harrassment, they are doing their job to make sure they find who it is they are looking for, get what information they need.
    It's not their job to be your friend, it's their job to protect you and so many people get butthurt over it because they have problems with authority.

15+ Year Old Account
    what is with the background spasing out and the weird panning that way to smooth for handheld, this video looks to be edited, for what end, nfi.
    I'm just bringing up it looks odd.

As for her, who just wanders round the fkn desert, suss as, I would have landed and been umm wtf you doing mang ?
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Nuex View Post
    How is this "Bad Cop" behavior? He is doing his job. Woman in the middle of a desert with a camera + manhunt for Christopher Dorner = suspicious activity. I don't get how it's so hard for some of you to understand that.
    And this woman, who lives in the San Bernadino area.. Like she didn't have an idea of why the officer stopped her, with her camera, in the middle of the desert, in the same area as Christopher Dorner, while she is "picking up rocks".
    And hm, I wonder who uploaded the video and titled it, possibly the foolish woman rolling around the desert with a camera? This isn't even harrassment. I've been pulled over because I've looked like someone else (a suspect) before. You didn't see me recording it and posting it online calling it harrassment, they are doing their job to make sure they find who it is they are looking for, get what information they need.
    It's not their job to be your friend, it's their job to protect you and so many people get butthurt over it because they have problems with authority.
    Oh sorry, I was not saying this is an example of Bad Cop behaviour. I'm talking about other cases of Police brutality, not this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    She was standing in the middle of the desert filming helicopters and you're wondering why she was questioned? If that was a man people wouldn't be questioning his being asked for ID. Stop being ridiculous, that is strange behaviour, demand some identification. Even plane enthusiasts are as weird as I am being a game enthusiast but I'm doing it in a more normal environment therefore I don't get asked.

But really $2000 for jet fuel? Get some more chemists and farmers, slash that price...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

theyre lookin for the cop killer, nothing to see here just some dumbass with a camera

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    2000$ for an hour of jet fuel? That seems like the real alarming thing from this.
    That's 1 cent pet 10 hours flight from each citizen of the county.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, more copy/paste from Alex Jones.

I shall now feign surprise.

Considering he is a San Bernadino County officer, I wouldn't doubt he was suspicious of her. Haven't you heard about the MASSIVE manhunt down in California right now for the ex-cop Christopher Dorner? They are searching all around San Bernadino County, If I was a police officer down there in the Helo, and I saw a random lady "picking up rocks" I'd check her the fuck out too. Who does that shit anyways? (Records police activity in the middle of a desert). I'd hardly call this harrassment.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...geles/1904439/
    Yes I have heard of that but this happened before that incident.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 02:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 02:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post

I copied it from you tube not alex jones. In fact the alex jones show also copied it from you tube. That is how his show heard of this incident.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 02:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    theyre lookin for the cop killer, nothing to see here just some dumbass with a camera
    No they aren't this happened before the cop killer.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    She was standing in the middle of the desert filming helicopters and you're wondering why she was questioned?
    Yes since she was breaking no laws.
    When filming anything in a public space becomes illegal let me know.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2013-02-10 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I feel like the police need to get back to the community more. Probably have less of these encounters if they got more familiar with the people they are serving.
    If people would stop talking about police like they are not people just doing their job and living in the same nation as the rest of their community it would be a lot easier to criticize without appearing as though you believe cops are "evil."

Actually it is, quite literally, not their job to protect you. Not in the eyes of the law, anyway.

Maybe it was a border area where people bring in drugs or illegal immigrants cross into the country...

I doubt they just have helicopters flying around random patches of desert for no reason. The cop saw someone in a strange area and decided to check it out. The search might have been out of order but everything else seems totally reasonable to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see how filming a police helicopter hurts anyone. Like...who cares? And saying "well there's a manhunt going on" is ridiculous...what does some woman filming in the middle of the desert have to do with that? AT ALL? You think she's like...tracking police movements!? OMG! YES! Wait...no...she could just do that shit with a map and look a lot less suspicious than training a freaking camera on the helicopter for 3 mins.

Ultimately it was a little weird, but nothing that really required any sort of action from the cop. I think he just felt mildly annoyed by her antics and thus decided to waste some of her (and his) time.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-02-10 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    If people would stop talking about police like they are not people just doing their job and living in the same nation as the rest of their community it would be a lot easier to criticize without appearing as though you believe cops are "evil."
    I'm pretty sure most of us are well aware that the cops are the good guys.

You surely have to see how bad cops can make people leery of all of them, though.

He just wanted to gaze at them bodacious tits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Jakken View Post
    He landed because she was filming him suspiciously. We also have no idea what she was doing behind the camera.

But I get it, you're one of those "Cops are bad hurr" people, so I'll let you be.
    Ever heard of geologists? We are like rock nerds, maybe she was one of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yes since she was breaking no laws.
    When filming anything in a public space becomes illegal let me know.
    This isn't a question of legality, I don't know about in the states but here in the UK irrespective of legality, if someone is doing something percieved to be weird then the police are allowed to question them and stuff just as a safety measure. Seems to work for us, we don't have massacres or anything near to the same extent America does which whilst it is a crying shame believe me and it's absolutely disgusting, it fucking works and people over here really don't cry about it, they just get on with their lives.

To clarify - in this situation I'm suggesting, half as much goes on police trust as it does what their actual powers are. If less people questioned the police as trusted them, then the world would be a better place - seriously the majority of coppers don't need to be watched over the shoulder, let them do their jobs!!!
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-02-10 at 02:29 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was a police officer down there in the Helo, and I saw a random lady "picking up rocks" I'd check her the fuck out too. Who does that shit anyways? (Records police activity in the middle of a desert). I'd hardly call this harrassment.
    Again, some people do that for living and earn a hell of a cash for it.

This video is from info wars http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=O-G8k44m3VE.
    This is how the police should act. This cop should teach other cops.
    There is no conspiracy here in this video. It shows an Albany sheriff defend the rights of two protesters in an airport.
    My favorite part is at 9:46 when the old man winks at the cop like cmon just make them do it against their rights.