Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Internet fads that annoy you.

I'm talking about all the crap like MLP and the obsession with cats.

For me:
    Nice guys finish last and all crap related. All the stupid meme pictures like "Reasons why I don't have a GF" the major being "Because I'm nice"
    MLP; self explanatory.
    The masses suddenly addressing themselves as introlovents.
    The majority of memes.
    A new fancy word being used somewhere major and suddenly everyone uses that word anywhere they can.
    And much, much more that I can't think of right now.

those e-card things. Funny at first, ridiculously overused.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I hate when people take to the internet to tell us what they hate. Yeah, that's right, I hate myself as well.
    Priest/DeeKay
    Support are troops

10+ Year Old Account
    MLP - Just annoys me. A lot. Watched it and didn't even crack a smile.

Yolo- Just cause

Gangnam Style- No explantation needed.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    For me:
    Nice guys finish last and all crap related. All the stupid meme pictures like "Reasons why I don't have a GF" the major being "Because I'm nice"
    ...you must be pretty young if you believe that's an internet thing.

That's been an ongoing social debate LOOOOONG before there was even an internet. :P
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-02-10 at 03:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    9gag. People linking and talking about trends months after the spark died out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=mvallas;20164961]
    For me:

...you must be pretty young if you believe that's an internet thing.

That's been an ongoing social debate LOOOOONG before there was even an internet. :P
    I understand that, but I mean its popularity on the internet over the last few years.

All this "Do you lift" stuff actually annoys me now.

Deleted
    The "deep" messages people like to put on Facebook and other social shit, they always come out, for me, as shallow people just trying to sound profound and wise or whatever the fuck. Also hate the same but in the romantic variant, that's what really annoys me. Can't stand internet philosophers.

As for the subject?

For me the internet annoyances aren't many, but here's a few:

Seeing the words "Google is hard", "Just Google it", or "Stop being lazy and learn2google!" on a forum when a question is asked... seeing that... written on a FORUM! A place DESIGNED for creating a community based around mutual interests and communication of said interests! >_<

Calling somebody "Brah"... so glad that one seemed to have mostly died out...

Ad-Hominem attacks, particularly ones like "Have you created a multi-million dollar company? Then your opinion is worthless!"

Somebody posting insane political rhetoric, weither on Facebook or Forums.

Most of them are just a mild annoyance, nothing that really sets me off.
    But I find the gameplay videos where the guy/girl talks 100% of the time and sounds like some sort of idiot, annoying. They manage to dig up some pretty odd indiegames then somehow turn it into a small time fad itself. o_O

The /10char thing at the end of a post as well as including the posters name at the end of every post.... Not like I can't see your avatar ehh?

The trolling and troll baiting in forums.

Brand bashing (this is mostly in the hardware section of things.) It gets annoying listening to people brand bash something then calling it junk just because it may have fell a few points in a bench mark. (Also funny how quickly it turns into a flame war.)

FaceBook posts where someone (usually female) says something about "having hard times" then
    replies back to anyone trying to help,"I don't wana talk about it."
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-02-10 at 03:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole mustache thing has begun to annoy me to some degree. I know it started out as awareness for prostate cancer but... now it's just annoying and overused. I doubt many people know exactly what it really meant at first.

Ecards. So overused that they annoy me on sight.

People that are just now discovering memes and feel the need to spam every social site with them.

Twitter.

This might offend people, but... I've never seen a single episode of Doctor Who, I have no opinion on the show because I don't know anything about it, I'd love to start watching it one day because I hear great things, but...I hate that the Geek section of Pinterest is chock full of Doctor Who references and what not. Pinterest needs a filter.cao I can filter out Doctor Who, Ecards, Grumpy Cat (love him but I'm tired of seeing the same two kitty faces everywhere), and other stuff regarding tv series I've yet to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    Most of them are just a mild annoyance, nothing that sets me off.
    But I find the gameplay videos where the guy/girl talks 100% of the time and sounds like some sort of idiot.

The /10char thing at the end of a post as well as including the posters name at the end of every post.... Not like I can't see your avatar ehh?

Brand bashing (this is mostly in the hardware section of things.) It gets annoying listening to people brand bash something then calling it junk just because it may have fell a few points in a bench mark. (Also funny how quickly it turns into a flame war.)
    on that note nation bashing threads really are annoying.
    also those lame # things at twitter. now i see people using them in place of speech....that is truly truly sad.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-02-10 at 03:10 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Gangam Style
    Rage Comics
    LE MEMES
    Acting retarded to be an 'epic troll'
    Over zealous bronies
    9gag
    Men's Rights
    GURL GAMERZ
    Bacon
    White Knights
    Green Texting on sites that aren't 4chan
    Those shitty unfunny 4 panel shits.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-02-10 at 03:09 AM.

I understand that, but I mean its popularity on the internet over the last few years.
    Nah - it's because us geeks who grew up in the 80s now can get together and talk about it. Times have changed for the younger generation - I'm SOOOO envious of you all! :P

To think that today there's an age where you can be a fan of Doctor Who AND Anime at the same time and be considered COOL. Back in the 80s when I was a fan of both, I got shunned by the majority and was considered weird, nerdy and - above all - VERY unattractive and UN-COOL...

Bronys
    Gangnam Style
    Gurl Gamerz
    Feminism regarding gaming

I hate anything twitter related. Waste of coding.

Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    Most of them are just a mild annoyance, nothing that really sets me off.
    But I find the gameplay videos where the guy/girl talks 100% of the time and sounds like some sort of idiot, annoying. They manage to dig up some pretty odd indiegames then somehow turn it into a small time fad itself. o_O

FaceBook posts where someone (usually female) says something about "having hard times" then
    replies back to anyone trying to help,"I don't wana talk about it."
    ...wow, that guy you linked in your gameplay video is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    on that note nation bashing threads really are annoying.
    also those lame # things at twitter. now i see people using them in place of speech....that is truly truly sad.
    And when people use hash tags on Facebook and forums. Just STOP!